Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #3475 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:28 am

Post by Mina »

@chess, I'm getting there!
In post 3465, Mina wrote:I'm starting to feel confident in a xyzzy+??? scumteam,
although let me catch up with D3 first.
Goddammit, if you're town, that disproves my "Katsuki ALWAYS insists I'm scum regardless of my alignment and then says it's because he can read me with 100% accuracy" theory. Please be scum so I can still feel superior to him! :P
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3476 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:53 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Katsuki says ur going mentally soft in your old age and that was one time and he replaced in

I just like popcorn.

Also...he wants me to say something I'm not sure I can say so I'll just say this
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #3477 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:53 am

Post by Radja »

In post 3466, Titus wrote:
In post 3465, Mina wrote:Seems like Radja answered pretty quickly, no? Or am I missing how aggressively people were clamouring for the paraphrase before Mathdino's post? Half an hour seems reasonable to write a paraphrase and confirm it with a mod. Writing fake logs would probably involve a lot of team discussion and "that's so out of character for me, because I would say this" feedback.
We were clamoring for several IRL days. Radja had it done after a few hours of actually agreeing to it. The reaction seemed more of "you pestered me enough where I have to" which itself is only a little anti-town. The complete disregard of his teammates pings more.
Don't make me angry again...

Dino requested it at 3.20pm on the 14th
I posted the case on you that I had been working on for hours.
Mathdino requested it again at 3.50pm.
I posted the paraphrased convo at 4.27pm

The only mention of the hammer convo before that is Mathdino saying on the Feb 11 that he could ask for the conversation, but he doesn't actually ask for it.

Literally nobody else mentioned the hammer conversation until Dino at 3.20 on the 14th.
So stop the bullshit about asking for the conversation for several days. Either you're blatantly lying or you're misremembering, but get your shit together on it.
"I think mafia is the only thing that makes me angrier than driving" - Cheetory6
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #3478 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:55 am

Post by Radja »

In post 3469, chesskid3 wrote:
In post 3466, Titus wrote:We were clamoring for several IRL days.
also fuck you. You can't even tell me why you're scumreading me without mentioning the hammer conversation which you are also completely wrong about.
"I think mafia is the only thing that makes me angrier than driving" - Cheetory6
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3479 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:55 am

Post by chesskid3 »

In post 3476, chesskid3 wrote:Katsuki says ur going mentally soft in your old age and that was one time and he replaced in

I just like popcorn.

Also...he wants me to say something I'm not sure I can say so I'll just say this
viewtopic.php?p=9887311#p9887311
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #3480 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:03 am

Post by Radja »

In post 3395, Mina wrote:Still nowhere near finished reading, but quick points:

@Bins: I asked you about Smocaine being iffy because this seemed to be your final impression of him (although your ISO seems to be all over the place on that slot):
In post 1400, Bins wrote:actually i think this is good because
smocaine was pretty town
so like just find scum and help sort this mess
What changed?

@Radja: people who hate Mafia represent! (This game has reminded me what I miss about Mafia is that I can be waaaaay more unfiltered here than in Survivor, though, because the game rewards rather than punishes you for it.) And do you know why Reck townread LLD? It felt like a bit of a weird read to me, because a while back, I'd checked in on this game out of curiosity after the force replacements and skimmed her meltdown posts, and even I was all, "I bet LLD is scum AtE-ing." (I definitely wasn't confident in it at all, but Reck seems like he'd know what she's capable of.)

Also, I apparently misread your posts mentioning your lynch pool, but did you not realize that the number of scum was confirmed to be three in each game until day three?

(Hi, Shea!)

There's something I need to confirm with a mod I'm actually allowed to talk about, also.

About Recks read(paraphrasing):

He says he didn't put much tought into it, he just felt like it(LLD reaching out) would be a hell of a reach for LLD to make up because there was no indication Reck was even reading the game. He also thought it made sense for LLD to reach out to him when looking at the Team Mafia playerlist.

Don't know if that makes sense to you, but that's what he said.
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #3481 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:07 am

Post by Radja »

In post 3432, Mina wrote:Radja and Dunkerdoodles meta links might be helpful--some people seem to be saying both are absolutely godawful as scum and thus are town here? But realistically, I won't actually get around to reading all of these!
Survivormeet is the only one I can remember by name. There may have been more recent ones but I don't remember them.
Haven't played in at least 6 months so.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #3482 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:10 am

Post by Mina »

I think the thing Katsuki wants to say is the same as ONE of the things I wanted to say. Yeah, I'm having second thoughts because of one thing. There's also another thing that I want to say, though.

^that better be okay, mhsmith, because I tried to ask you for permission!
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3483 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:12 am

Post by chesskid3 »

WILL KATSUKI BE ABLE TO TRANSLATE THAT OR IS IT JUST GIBBERISH
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #3484 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:17 am

Post by Mina »

I assume he can translate the first thing I want to say! The second has nothing to do with him.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3485 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:20 am

Post by chesskid3 »

OK
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3486 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:54 am

Post by chesskid3 »

In post 3484, Mina wrote:! The second has nothing to do with him.
he wants to kno what this is
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #3487 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:43 am

Post by Mina »

Oh, I got the okay to post about it, since the two relevant games are over. Basically, there's one strong piece of evidence FOR chesskid scum, but another strong piece of evidence AGAINST it.

The second point, which is evidence FOR chess-scum...by "nothing like he usually is", this probably should have been obvious, but I meant, "nothing like the other Team Mafia game in which he just aggressively death-tunneled on two scumbags, switched with a lurker who was a lot more lively and aggressive in the other game, and then suddenly became really nice and reasonable and restrained the moment he got here. Am I taking crazy pills here? I was starting to get paranoid about aggressive bussing in singer's game because the difference seemed so stark. I'll admit chess gets better around the end of D2 and I only read parts of singer's game very superficially, so maybe someone will prove me wrong here.

The first point, which is something I only realized later on and is AGAINST Katscum, is that Katsuki is on his team and Katsuki is like LLD when it comes to scum. I can see a world where they tried to WIFOM people and give a scum PM to Smocaine only to switch really early on, but it seems more likely they'd swap Katsuki in. Unless, like, they thought chess had a better excuse, but this is starting to get convoluted and Occam's Razor.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3488 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:36 pm

Post by Keychain »

In post 3462, mhsmith0 wrote:Prodding Keychain
Prod received. Sorry about that.

In post 3355, Mina wrote:Oh, another I-haven't-been reading question: has the number of scum in this game been confirmed anywhere? I see Transcend/Titus talking as though there are confirmed 3 scum out of 15 and Radja (iirc?) as though there are four. I would have thought 4/15 was standard, since it used to be three Mafia for 12-13.

*goes back to reading*
In post 3356, Mina wrote:Never mind, Fenchurch pointed me to the announcements thread.

You can just ignore that post when it comes to reading my alignment for now, because I never would have made that mistake years ago. >.<
In post 3375, Radja wrote:
In post 3355, Mina wrote:Oh, another I-haven't-been reading question: has the number of scum in this game been confirmed anywhere? I see Transcend/Titus talking as though there are confirmed 3 scum out of 15 and Radja (iirc?) as though there are four. I would have thought 4/15 was standard, since it used to be three Mafia for 12-13.

*goes back to reading*
Hi Mina!

So nice to play mafia with you you hate it and I'm not enjoying it much either.
Anyway: I don't think I've suggested a 4-man team, tbh I've had my mind set on this being a three man team because of this being a normal game. idk. not really a regular mafia player either
I can't believe how Radja made this post after Mina's followup to her own post. I probably shouldn't read into it too much considering it's completely bizarre as either alignment at this point in the whole event.

In post 3413, xyzzy wrote:
In post 3341, Keychain wrote:
@xyzzy:
In post 3283, Keychain wrote:
@xyzzy:
where are your reads at on Bins and Bulba?
I would still like an answer. You had Bins as top town in but paired with Titus in that random Gamma read in where you gave no indication whether you disagreed with him scumreading someone who was apparently your top townread. You had Bulba at the bottom (since T-Bone is dead and confirmed town) in but you're not voting there now. It seems a lot like you're not pushing there because the support has largely died, which doesn't make a lot of sense from town early in the day after a mislynch.
Like I'm not really following your reads at all. Help me out please.

In post 3289, Archwing wrote:@keychain, can you give me a 3-player lynch pool?
Hmm.
Right now I'd say xyzzy/Radja/you, but I'm not confident in that right now. Can't decide if Mina and/or Bulba should be in there somewhere.

In post 3303, Mina wrote:Hi, everyone! I literally hate Mafia and haven't played it in two years and I literally hate it. I'm replacing into a 130-page game to bash my head against a wall until my skull is a bloody pulp as performance art for you all.
Ummm well welcome! Bye, CBD.
hey sorry for taking a couple days to get back to you on this -- I had to replace my laptop's power cable and only had phone internet access for a bit

anyway my thoughts on both Bins and Bulbazak are basically the same as before -- with the thing from Gamma Emerald, I don't agree with scumreading Bins, but to me it seems valuable to share thoughts from my teammates regardless of whether I agree with them or not. as for Bulbazak, I don't see voting for my second highest scum read instead of my absolute highest as contradictory, because 1)they could very well both be scum and 2)votes are resources, and I feel like the most productive use of my vote is where it is.
I was hounding you because you posted something but no response to me :]
You realise you're the only one voting Titus? You have made zero effort to get anyone to join that wagon, so good work on using that resource of yours productively I guess. You used the same excuse D2 to not vote T-Bone despite him being your top scumread.

In a direct question:
why
is voting Titus (from early to midDay) more productive than voting Bulba? You just say here that you "feel" like it is, which is too vague.

@Archwing
: why do you have such a strong seeming townread on Bulba? We can't find an origin, especially after quoting the Math post that says he shouldn't live to LyLo.
You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3489 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:40 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

In post 3487, Mina wrote:The second point, which is evidence FOR chess-scum...by "nothing like he usually is", this probably should have been obvious, but I meant, "nothing like the other Team Mafia game in which he just aggressively death-tunneled on two scumbags, switched with a lurker who was a lot more lively and aggressive in the other game, and then suddenly became really nice and reasonable and restrained the moment he got here. Am I taking crazy pills here? I was starting to get paranoid about aggressive bussing in singer's game because the difference seemed so stark. I'll admit chess gets better around the end of D2 and I only read parts of singer's game very superficially, so maybe someone will prove me wrong here.
RC called me 'RC-lite'. A lesson had to be taught.

I don't know how much of Inventions you read but I brought out a nice personality 3/4 of the way through after
a) I was 100% on having me two scumbags
b) SHOUTING KID wasn't getting them lynched.

Then I swapped here and I gave the game a choice and they picked nicekid.

Did you rifle through the CK games I linked you? If you're going to read the scum ones, Elli described maplewood as closest to my townself somewhere in postgame I think, so the other two are more representative? Idk meta is trash.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3490 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:42 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

I also think my tone changes drastically based on who is in my game? I.e. I've been the most hostile in this game to Radja and that's because

a) I've had a scumread with gut twinges of town on that slot for a longass time now
b) Reck is on that team.

Like if you want to see me at my worst let me pound RC's boypussy some more etc etc
Archwing
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3491 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:56 pm

Post by Archwing »

In post 3488, Keychain wrote:@Archwing: why do you have such a strong seeming townread on Bulba? We can't find an origin, especially after quoting the Math post that says he shouldn't live to LyLo.
I mean, if I've listed Bulb as hard conf town, then I've misrepped how I feel, and i'm sorry about that.

I'm not interested at all in lynching bulb today, and I do know that Math said he should not live to LyLo for... reasons? I dunno. But i super hard trust math's reads, I know he's a great player.

My team is pretty much all town reading bulb right now, so I guess I'm just not really interested in sorting that slot at this time?
GTKAS
Mini Normal 2010 is now live! PM me to either spectate or join a replacement queue!
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3492 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:16 pm

Post by Keychain »

In post 3307, Archwing wrote: I'd put the townbloc as me, bulba, dunker, and maybe bins. poe the rest.
This suggests a very strong townread, not just a "not interested in lynching".
Super hard trusting sounds pretty serious, and if someone whose reads I super hard trusted had said "don't let this player live to LyLo", I wouldn't typically turn around and put them in a townbloc.

chesskid, please don't be a prick to my teammate or anyone else.
You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3493 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:21 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

In post 3492, Keychain wrote:chesskid, please don't be a prick to my teammate or anyone else.
:roll:
Archwing
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3494 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:38 pm

Post by Archwing »

meh. tbf I think you're reading into it a bit much, but I'll still respond even though I can already tell you're going to be unsatisfied with my answer.

I stand by the team I put in the townblock. but as the game evolves, that changes. Do I want bulba to continue with us tomorrow? yep. Should bulba die before lylo? probably, if we follow what math said.
if you've made a decent-sized townblock, someone in there will surely have to go before lylo, or you've fucked up your townblock hard. like, if all that is remaining in the game is the townblock, you're already at a disadv.

basically i'm comfortable with bulbs slot right now. that can, and is allowed to, change.

@chess,
3 player lynch pool?
GTKAS
Mini Normal 2010 is now live! PM me to either spectate or join a replacement queue!
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3495 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:44 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

xyzzy radja u
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3496 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:44 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

truly shocking there's no way you could have guessed that would be my response
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3497 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:03 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

I was not aware that anyone would consider a slang word for butthole to be offensive and I was not making a homophobic or transphobic comment in anyway

I merely meant that I destroyed RC and I am big sorry that anyone's feelings were hurt
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3498 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:33 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Kill yourself you conceited cuntwad

I played against wincondition the entire game because you were such a fucking shit to play with and I didn't want to ruin the game for everyone.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3499 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:33 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Also if anyone had made a rape comment about a girl they'd have been instabanned.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”