Overwatch

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

For what platform(s) are you getting/do you own the game?

Xbox One
8%
PS4
13%
PC
80%

Total votes: 79

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #983 (isolation #200) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:36 pm

Post by PokerFace »

We were on hard. Just beat it again. Still did not get. Guess its glitched :(
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #985 (isolation #201) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:01 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Like I said we were on hard both times. It was 83% one time and 80% another. Neither time got it.

When you got it von, did you get the achievement right when the cart unlocked the next part or when you win at the end?
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #987 (isolation #202) » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:09 am

Post by PokerFace »

Von's post suggests he got it in any heros. Him and I were trying to get it that way early in last weekend
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #997 (isolation #203) » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:28 am

Post by PokerFace »

honestly I think you need a competent torb and rein to get the 80% left. Since I can't do both, its not working well. I'd appreciate someone getting on to help me with one of those
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1008 (isolation #204) » Wed May 03, 2017 11:39 am

Post by PokerFace »

Blizzard said they would put the Dva and Genji heroes of the storms skins into the console game eventually via the loot boxes. I think they may do the same for PC players eventually.

If someone needs someone to play heroes of the storm with I am game, otherwise I am just gonna wait
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1010 (isolation #205) » Sun May 21, 2017 3:03 am

Post by PokerFace »

For each of the first 3 Overwatch comp seasons I have played placements and maybe 1 or 2 other comp games. Those 1 or 2 other games were so uneventful that I remember almost nothing about them. Can't recall if I played 0, 1, or 2 other games during each of those seasons other than the placements. So at most I have played 12 games each season.

Yesterday, finally got around to finishing my placements for season 4. I played a lot of solo queue this time around. And used some tricks I heard would result in higher rank. If you compare my career profile stats in ever category
except rank
for season 4 to any other season, my overall season 4 stats are the worst.

During Season 3 I had a lot of fun and did a lot of group queue with friends. If you compare my career profile stats in ever category
except rank
for season 3 to any other season, my overall season 3 stats were the best.

Now for what bothers me. The rank I had for season 3 was my lowest rank. The rank I have for season 4 is about 80 higher. I have a higher rank despite playing statistically worst overall. Playing like shit and having less fun, has rewarded me with a higher rank. I think I'm done with comp.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1013 (isolation #206) » Sun May 21, 2017 10:29 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Season 3 record 6-4 in placements. Season 4 was 2-8 in placements. The only thing that could make sense is that my group play in season 3 was against weaker opponents and so i got a lesser rank but you just said they matched groups up with higher people since they figure a group would do better. So that idea falls flat too.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1017 (isolation #207) » Mon May 22, 2017 9:52 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Everyone's season 2 rank was higher than their season 3. Blizzard came out and said they had issues putting too many people in platinum and gold during season 2 placements and said everyone would be lower for season 3 start. IIRC my season 2 end was about 300 better than my season 3 start. (Season 2 start and end is same since I only did placements that season. I think I did only 1 non placement game season 3. I think I did 1 or 2 non placement games season 1. So S2start=S2end=S2high, S3start=S3end=S3high, etc)

Check the play overwatch youtube channel for where the blizzard devs say season 3 ranks would be lower than season 3 if you missed it. It kinda bothers me that blizzard punished its players for a mistake in their rank software. They should have just kept season 3 placements going based on your season 2 final and used games outside of placements to adjust peoples ranks. After all if the player really did not belong where they got placed, future games should fix the problem as long as the rest of their rank system is ok. I'm guessing their rank system was more flawed then they said it was between season 2 and season 3 based on them not opting for that solution.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1023 (isolation #208) » Wed May 24, 2017 1:29 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I like using Zen and discording the pharmercy. When they took away his weapon spread his projectiles became almost as good as hitscan. I call out on the coms that I am discording the mercy. That often results her getting focused and then I do the same to pharah
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1027 (isolation #209) » Thu May 25, 2017 1:09 am

Post by PokerFace »

Sounds like you want to play ana instead of mercy. Use grenade and sleep to help your boys. Sniper to heal pharah. You can ult her if she really needs to deal more damage.

A second healer to handle everyone that is not pharah is also viable, though the pharah should really be prioritizing the important targets and not just spamming
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1034 (isolation #210) » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:00 am

Post by PokerFace »

Added some names to first page. Have not added people there in awhile so if you see you are not there, please let me know and I will add you there
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1035 (isolation #211) » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:11 am

Post by PokerFace »

All new names should be in first post now
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1051 (isolation #212) » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:54 am

Post by PokerFace »

updated first post with new info
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1056 (isolation #213) » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:20 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 1052, Elbirn wrote:Poker I demand justice for the 8 people who own a PS4

Make a separate category and put my name in it, it's just Elbirn
done
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1058 (isolation #214) » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:32 am

Post by PokerFace »

Doomfist is on pc's ptr. Gonna play as him in a bit. I want to know where he goes when his ult activates.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1060 (isolation #215) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:05 am

Post by PokerFace »

Did some testing with new character and clumsy. Unlike Sombra and Orisa he's very straight forward and has far less weird interactions. We found 2. We found that if two doomfists rocket punch at each other, the one that started charging first will hit the other. And that first charger will take no damage. Also if Doomfist rocket punches bastion will not knock him out of turret form but will move his gun to pointing 120 away from its previous direction.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1061 (isolation #216) » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:04 am

Post by PokerFace »

I take back what I said about him being straight forward. The Doomfist vs Doomfist rocket punch collision seems dependent on ping and not who charged first. They need to fix that so its like a Rein charging Rein situation without them both falling to the ground

Also doomfist mobility seems to be breaking on some maps if you rocket punch off ramps/inclines. You go flying

It seems the best way to play this character is use rocket punch to get in. Deal damage with it and shotgun. Use rocket punch or uppercut combo to get out

Rocket punches combo is short. Use it as much as possible to get around and deal damage. Only use the uppercut combo to get in and out when you need to move vertically.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1077 (isolation #217) » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:27 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Added you^ to first post. Let me know if I got your region wrong (NA, EU, ETC?)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1081 (isolation #218) » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:10 am

Post by PokerFace »

Cheering for America and really anyone who is not South Korea since they are so heavily favored.

I recently found seven more ways to exploit blizzards rank system. A game built around the concept of changing heroes and rock paper scissors yet you can get pretty far by maining unpopular characters and never changing. Part of me wants to game the system and another part of me doesn't since its not very fun. I am considering quiting the game or at least ranked with that info in mind. So if there is someone else that wants to take over first post, head of thread, they are welcome to speak since I think I don't want it much
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1100 (isolation #219) » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:01 am

Post by PokerFace »

Orisa Ult is a stationary object that can damage boost the team. Mercy can ult to damage boost the team while being mobile and doing even more for the overall team. Orisa's ult looks like shit by comparison. Orisa needs a new Ult. I think the change is good for Mercy, bad for Orisa, and could be good or bad for the overall state of the game pending how the meta shifts
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1107 (isolation #220) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:08 am

Post by PokerFace »

See first post. If anyone wants to take the first post from me is welcome to it. I don't think I have played since June or July
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1117 (isolation #221) » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:09 am

Post by PokerFace »

The announced a new character Moira. Attacks like Symetra. Feels like they went to fill a niche, make an actually offensive symetra without turrets or shields and with heals. And so it don't feel like a niche, lets make her similar to some other characters too. Can heal like Mercy and Zen pending resource meter and E ability. Has a phase dash similar to Reapers ghost walk. And an ult that is a giant beam blast that heals or damages anything it touches. This beam does not go through walls but can be turned in a constant stream. She looks very powerful, but I don't like how she is a bunch of familiar looking abilities rolled into one. Orisa is a bunch of familiar abilities rolled into one. It feels like blizzard has given up on new defense characters, is phoning it in on support and tank, and releasing more offense characters than they should.

I spent maybe 1-2 hours playing Halloween update. Before that I spent the same on the summer games. The comp seasons are short and uninteresting to me. I might not play at all during winter and Chinese new year updates since I did not enjoy those. Anyone that wants control of the first post can take it as I am generally uninterested with where this game is going.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1148 (isolation #222) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:00 am

Post by PokerFace »

Controller is good for couch co-op or party games with friends in person. Keyboard is good for games that involve a lot of buttons/commands. Aiming depends on sensitivity settings and if you prefer tracking or flicking

The best console player is better than all console players. The best pc player is better than all pc players. Who wins when they play each other, depends on who really has more skill. Home field advantage will tip the scale but should not win the day.

I am a member of the pc master race but I realize whats good about both things since I probably game too much

Though to be honest I don't really play this game much any more. If there isn't some interesting holiday event, I'm not online. With that in mind, anyone that wants to take over updating the first post is welcome to volunteer to zoraster. I don't want that job anymore
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1151 (isolation #223) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:52 am

Post by PokerFace »

I think fps on kbm is better but don't hate those that prefer console

As far as fighting games not being good on kbm, you should research the hitbox. Its a controller for fighting games but has no joystick or d-pad. Instead it has 4 buttons arranged similar to the home row of a keyboard on its left side. I also has buttons for the usual 4-8 fighting game format of your choosing on the right half of it. This controller is a keyboard and it has been banned from some fighting game tournaments. Why you ask? With the hitbox it is possible to block attacks from multiple directions at once by pressing any number of the separate buttons. When a joystick is used, it can only point 1 way at a time. When a d-pad is used it can only truly block one direction at a time as all buttons on the dpad share a similar axis. As there is no shared axis, you can block all directions at once with the hitbox. There are no left right unblockable setups against a hitbox. Fighting Game Tournaments for games that are able to accept hitbox's multidirectional inputs, ban the hitbox as a result.

Mouse is bad for fighting games, yes. But keyboard can be so good, its bannable.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1153 (isolation #224) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:01 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Some game tournaments don't ban the hit box because the video game's engine is not able to accept the left and right inputs at the same time. If the game can't take both messages at the same time, it doesn't matter that the hit box can send them both. Can the latest street fighter game do that?

The latest street fighter is a playstation exclusive. I don't own a ps4 I own xbox one. Playstation controllers have separate buttons for each dpad input while the xbox has the joined dpad. Can the ps4 controller send both left and right at the same time like the hit box?

If the first question's answer is no then it don't matter if hit box is used. If second one's is yes, then since default ps4 controller can do same thing, then there is no unfair advantage.

Getting back on overwatch topic, there's a new character. I like that she can be tank and support. Those are the two classes I play the most. But as she is no a very good support or a very good tank, I don't think she is going to be that great or meta changing. She'll end up being another niche character like most other hybrids. I feel like they need more unique characters and less hybrids. Zenyatta feels like his slowly getting replaced or phased out with Moira and now Bridgette having similar abilities to him.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1155 (isolation #225) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:59 am

Post by PokerFace »

I don't think any game has banned. I seemed to recall a couple tournaments not liking it a long time back.

That chip is news to me. I don't believe they always had that. If that chip stops the old issues, then that's cool.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1175 (isolation #226) » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:13 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Don't get me wrong. I love Zenyatta's character (background and personality) but he feels less unique now. Bridgette can heal without aiming and give armor for later instead of heals over time. Moira can fire orbs that heal or deal damage over time. Ana can attack and heal at range. Zenyatta still has his unique character but aside from that, there feels like too much overlap for my taste.

I like the idea of a tank/healer, but I dislike the idea of hybrids. As I feel a character that is in between two things is not the best at one thing. They end up being avg to above avg at what they do but someone who is better at what they do, will more often best them or be the better selection. Think of it like taskmaster in marvel comics. Taskmaster is a jack of all trades marvel character with the ability to learn one's skill by watching them once. He learns how to fire arrows like hawkeye, but is he able to replace or always best hawkeye? No. He learns to use a shield like captain america, but is he able to replace or always best captain america? No.

If you need a lot of healing, will you pick Bridgette or a better healer? If you need a tank, will you pick her or a better tank?

Let's say you have a crappy team. You got 1 healer that can't pull all the weight and 1 tank that can't do it all either. Rest of your team instant locked DPS and won't change. This is a good time to pick a tank/healer hybrid. But you have a crappy team, so are you really going to win? Don't count on it
Last edited by PokerFace on Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1180 (isolation #227) » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:06 am

Post by PokerFace »

I don't get why people throw and or don't try to win with a descent comp. This is main reason I quit this game.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1184 (isolation #228) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:33 am

Post by PokerFace »

Retribution is live. I kinda liked Uprising better as it feels like a real mission while retribution feels like a 3d beatem up game with guns. It has smash but lacks the grab part of the mission.

The Uprising meta for all heroes is Zen, Orisa, Rien, Bastion. I feel this meta still holds up as the new heroes in the past year don't feel better than these 4 for the mission

Not sure what meta of retribution all heroes will be. I still feel Zenyatta will be good in this mode due to discord on the high priority targets. Orisa feels good against the specials since her fortify stops her from being hurt by the assassin, heavy, and sniper's strongest attacks. Her gravity ball is also great at moving those targets. McCree jumps to mind as a character that can stun and ult aim bot at the large number of enemies. For the last position I feel like Zarya's shields and gravaton would be good at getting all the enemies in 1 spot for the kill.

Return to “The Arcade”