Sid Meier's Civilization 5 UPick Mafia (GAME OVER)

Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:24 am

Post by Shaziro »

I'd be more comfortable with Titus than Dan, I think, but not particularly comfortable with either.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:25 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 121, BuJaber wrote:What makes you think I didn't consider that?

I find it scummy and I went with it. You could use the same argument with every scummy move. Are they really doing that which is obviously scummy? At some point the answer is yes. I wouldn't know unless I test the theory.

Also I did not hammer. One vote is not as final as you make it soubd. Why is it wrong to vote first based on the posts that actually exist and then continue to look at interactions between you?
If you found it scummy, why not explain it then? Why not explain it before now so others can understand your read?

And I never said your vote was a hammer, so why misrep?
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
marshy
marshy
Goon
marshy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:25 am

Post by marshy »

In post 100, Shaziro wrote:Those who specifically want power probably shouldn't get it. In this case, that applies to world congress. I actually kind of like that Titus is being open about not thinking it's a great idea for her to have it, and her reasoning for why not is good. That said, do we really think that the World Congress person needs to be particularly mechanically minded in order to do well? If the list is posted, and we all agree on what we think would be best for town to have in, it doesn't really matter does it? So long as we make somebody we can trust to do as the majority desires, we know we don't have to worry about delegates being wasted and can just yea up the things that go in...right? Am I missing something horribly here?
im voting for the towniest who comes off as capable as making a good decision. we dont kno what the council powers are so scum may have wiggle room to argue for shitty powers. in addition the ability to reach a consensus by the players on best power may not b so cut and dry so im taking that into account when voting someone
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:25 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 121, BuJaber wrote:As for the 2nd post of yours you're reading too much into it. Maybe I didn't need to say it but I did. In my mind it made it clearer exactly what I'm trying to say.
Don't like this response.
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:29 am

Post by Shaziro »

In post 127, marshy wrote:
In post 100, Shaziro wrote:Those who specifically want power probably shouldn't get it. In this case, that applies to world congress. I actually kind of like that Titus is being open about not thinking it's a great idea for her to have it, and her reasoning for why not is good. That said, do we really think that the World Congress person needs to be particularly mechanically minded in order to do well? If the list is posted, and we all agree on what we think would be best for town to have in, it doesn't really matter does it? So long as we make somebody we can trust to do as the majority desires, we know we don't have to worry about delegates being wasted and can just yea up the things that go in...right? Am I missing something horribly here?
im voting for the towniest who comes off as capable as making a good decision. we dont kno what the council powers are so scum may have wiggle room to argue for shitty powers. in addition the ability to reach a consensus by the players on best power may not b so cut and dry so im taking that into account when voting someone
I think that saying you want to be WC leader is inherently slightly scummy. If you're town, you should want either your biggest townread or yourself as the one with it, not just yourself.
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:33 am

Post by Joey_ »

In post 127, marshy wrote:
Dear Smoking Fox,

We would like you to express your ideas better so we can correctly apply value on your opinion. Would you mind explaining why Titus and Dan are the "Towniest" Nations ?

Kindly,
Prime Minister of *****
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:52 am

Post by Almost50 »

Anyone who votes Koki for the host from now on I'll declare war on. He's my scum partner. Don't let the evil triumph.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:59 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 76, Venmar wrote:
In post 15, Titus wrote:
Is there a list of resolutions? Like in the base game...
A list of resolutions will be provided once a Congress Host has been selected.
What will the list look like (how much info will it contain on the actual effects of each resolution)?
As far as I understand, the winners of World Congress will get to know the effects of all the resolutions and then they'll each prop one up for everyone to publicly vote on. Is that correct?
marshy
marshy
Goon
marshy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:05 am

Post by marshy »

smoking fox is an awesome nickname

titus for her overall no bs lets get to the point vibe. i saw an effort to make reads early and just drive the game to a point of consistent productivity i found helpful. id like to see how shed moderate the discussion when the council kicks in cuz her playstyle seems tailored for it

actiondan for the gamma push and his "idc about ppl disagreeing its disgusting" attitude. i liked that idc will still vote it post. i USUALLY see townies b unapologetic for their pushes when challenged as opposed to scum who may hedge or b more diplomatic
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:19 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 100, Shaziro wrote:Those who specifically want power probably shouldn't get it
TBF, I trust myself and I know that I'm town. I mean, I know I won't get it but in my mind, it is better to put it on the town I know and trust.
In post 105, BuJaber wrote:aybe koki's opener is NAI but when dunkerdoodle follows it up by voting koki for host it looks pretty suspicious to me
Shouldn't that say more about Dunk than koki?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:21 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 97, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 96, Titus wrote:Wait I thought someone else was wanting me to be host.

Why would you want me as a host Gamma?
Because I know you're strong as town leader from Real Folk Blues rematch
I would like to determine your alignment before casting a vote but I think it's a good idea to start
Don't forget your massive crush on her.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:24 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 124, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 26, Varsoon wrote:It's almost as if I insinuated you were scum and that I couldn't trust you as our leader AND that your anime gimmick is really lame--did you take that all to heart and get so peeved you had to come back swatting?
Also, the irony of this post is that my avatar is from a game, not anime. Had I posted an image of Alexander the Great. You wouldn't have had an issue. But, it's interesting. You never really stated why you think I'm scum. Tell me.
Dang Ole Ron Paul has an anime, homie. Furthermore, your character is from a visual novel game, which is, perhaps, even more anime-derivative.
I'm not over here posting pictures of K acting like a cheeser.
Spoiler:

And I did state (VERY OBVIOUSLY BECAUSE I AM SCUM, RIGHT?) why you're scum and why I'm voting you. Guess you can't even pick up on obvious stuff?
I'll say it again:
I can not trust you, especially as leader. Why? Because you self-voted for leader IMMEDIATELY in a game where those votes can't be taken back.
I do not like the anime gimmick. Or VN Gimmick. Really, it's an avatar-posting gimmick. Why does that make you scum? It's a common distancing/fluff tactic that propels the game rhetoric into obnoxious roleplay--it does nothing to help gamesolve. As a moderator and frequent player on-site, I've seen that sort of posting reflect scum and anti-town mentalities time and time again.
I do not like your retaliatory vote on me. You're actively bashing setup spec in a game with public mechanics, which is anti-town at least. Maybe it's OBVIOUS to you, but I'm working with a limited set of information. If anything, your scumflip would confirm to me that scum DON'T have knowledge of all/any of the resolutions because it's 'obvious' to you that we should keep scum for gaining that knowledge. Another big part of this is that dunkerdoodles was supporting you for leader out the gate and I voted him, but you returned to vote for me, which comes off heavily like a chainsaw, especially if you're both scum gambiting around just propelling lots of early congress votes/momentum onto your side.

So, you reveal yourself to be much more likely to be scum than literally any player that had posted by literally page 2, and you prove that your flip would provide a lot of good info. Why the fuck would I not vote you?

Stay chump-mode, anime LOSER.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:39 am

Post by Varsoon »

As far as who to make leader, I wish there was more Elbirn posting to go off of, but now it feels like he's in an appeal zone where I'd have to be extra critical of everything.
I think that there's probably some link between Joey's garbage vote on me and their support of Kokicheese. As you can likely tell, I am not a fan of that dude being anywhere near our leader. We should specifically make sure he doesn't even get second place.
People have been talking about Titus and I'm like, eh I dunno. Titus tends to get game-controlling when she has a lot of power/setup knowledge, regardless of alignment, and I think it'd make it much harder for me to figure out the slot.
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:49 am

Post by Shaziro »

Titus' whole "This post is useless so get it out of here" thing is almost definitely because of last Civilization Mafia and is NAI.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:57 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 98, ActionDan wrote:
In post 73, Gamma Emerald wrote: I'm trying not to artificially inflate the thread when it's early-game.
I believe the start of a game is critically important to the rest of it so I'm trying to start it with less posts rather than more.
I haven't really posted anything that game-relevant yet.
If you haven't posted anything game relevant then you are inflating your post length (and the thread length) instead of the number of posts at a "critically important" time. There's little difference.
First off ick this is cutting out context. Secondly I view page count as more intimidating than page length. You can skip a long post and be fairly well off. You can't skip pages without losing information.
: lol
In post 109, marshy wrote:
In post 105, BuJaber wrote:Maybe koki's opener is NAI but when dunkerdoodle follows it up by voting koki for host it looks pretty suspicious to me. If it is NAI then on what basis did dunker trust koki?

Basically I'm happy voting to lynch either of those 2 because that interaction doesn't feel right to me from a town POV.
hey gamma any thoughts on this post boi?
Seems interesting but I think he's reading into RVS posting which is ehhh.
In post 111, Creature wrote:VOTE: Gamma Emerald
y
In post 119, Kokichi Oma wrote:I like Titus, Chara and Joey for town currently. I'll post more on why later. Chara when you're back can you respond to my post?
These seem good. I am kinda TRing you tbh.
In post 123, marshy wrote:i believe actiondan and titus are our best shots for congress leader. what do creature and shaziro think of this assertion?
Why actiondan?
In post 133, marshy wrote:smoking fox is an awesome nickname

titus for her overall no bs lets get to the point vibe. i saw an effort to make reads early and just drive the game to a point of consistent productivity i found helpful. id like to see how shed moderate the discussion when the council kicks in cuz her playstyle seems tailored for it

actiondan for the gamma push and his "idc about ppl disagreeing its disgusting" attitude. i liked that idc will still vote it post. i USUALLY see townies b unapologetic for their pushes when challenged as opposed to scum who may hedge or b more diplomatic
Titus is fair, but why does AD's push on me make you inclined to want him as leader? and what is this "I don't care about people disagreeing it's disgusting" thing? I guess the overall read is fair though.
In post 135, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 97, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 96, Titus wrote:Wait I thought someone else was wanting me to be host.

Why would you want me as a host Gamma?
Because I know you're strong as town leader from Real Folk Blues rematch
I would like to determine your alignment before casting a vote but I think it's a good idea to start
Don't forget your massive crush on her.
WHAT
In post 136, Varsoon wrote:
In post 124, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 26, Varsoon wrote:It's almost as if I insinuated you were scum and that I couldn't trust you as our leader AND that your anime gimmick is really lame--did you take that all to heart and get so peeved you had to come back swatting?
Also, the irony of this post is that my avatar is from a game, not anime. Had I posted an image of Alexander the Great. You wouldn't have had an issue. But, it's interesting. You never really stated why you think I'm scum. Tell me.
Dang Ole Ron Paul has an anime, homie. Furthermore, your character is from a visual novel game, which is, perhaps, even more anime-derivative.
I'm not over here posting pictures of K acting like a cheeser.
Spoiler:

And I did state (VERY OBVIOUSLY BECAUSE I AM SCUM, RIGHT?) why you're scum and why I'm voting you. Guess you can't even pick up on obvious stuff?
I'll say it again:
I can not trust you, especially as leader. Why? Because you self-voted for leader IMMEDIATELY in a game where those votes can't be taken back.
I do not like the anime gimmick. Or VN Gimmick. Really, it's an avatar-posting gimmick. Why does that make you scum? It's a common distancing/fluff tactic that propels the game rhetoric into obnoxious roleplay--it does nothing to help gamesolve. As a moderator and frequent player on-site, I've seen that sort of posting reflect scum and anti-town mentalities time and time again.
I do not like your retaliatory vote on me. You're actively bashing setup spec in a game with public mechanics, which is anti-town at least. Maybe it's OBVIOUS to you, but I'm working with a limited set of information. If anything, your scumflip would confirm to me that scum DON'T have knowledge of all/any of the resolutions because it's 'obvious' to you that we should keep scum for gaining that knowledge. Another big part of this is that dunkerdoodles was supporting you for leader out the gate and I voted him, but you returned to vote for me, which comes off heavily like a chainsaw, especially if you're both scum gambiting around just propelling lots of early congress votes/momentum onto your side.

So, you reveal yourself to be much more likely to be scum than literally any player that had posted by literally page 2, and you prove that your flip would provide a lot of good info. Why the fuck would I not vote you?

Stay chump-mode, anime LOSER.
hmmm,,,
*thinking*
In post 137, Varsoon wrote:As far as who to make leader, I wish there was more Elbirn posting to go off of, but now it feels like he's in an appeal zone where I'd have to be extra critical of everything.
I think that there's probably some link between Joey's garbage vote on me and their support of Kokicheese. As you can likely tell, I am not a fan of that dude being anywhere near our leader. We should specifically make sure he doesn't even get second place.
People have been talking about Titus and I'm like, eh I dunno. Titus tends to get game-controlling when she has a lot of power/setup knowledge, regardless of alignment, and I think it'd make it much harder for me to figure out the slot.
That's why I said I wanted to figure her out before voting for her
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:09 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 131, Almost50 wrote:Anyone who votes Koki for the host from now on I'll declare war on. He's my scum partner. Don't let the evil triumph.
Is there a reason you scumread me so much? We've talked a few times how every time you're town you scumread me when I'm town. Yet you give no pause? Especially after the last game that just got endgamed. Is there something I did or didn't do in previous games?
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:15 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 136, Varsoon wrote:I can not trust you, especially as leader. Why? Because you self-voted for leader IMMEDIATELY in a game where those votes can't be taken back.
1. A lot of people voted for themselves, what makes me different except that I happened to post on the game first?

2. You seem to have a bias against me because of who I am, so I would like to hear your unbias opinion. If I do this every game, what makes me scum in particular? I've played many games on this site and every game I have done this. Besides your bias (which is based off the first post in the game, and is proven NAI since I do that every game) what is the scumread?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:17 am

Post by Varsoon »

Now he props up self-meta while simultaneously dishing out a "you're town" appeasement to A50.
Trash.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:18 am

Post by Varsoon »

It's anti-town, then, not NAI. And my read is based on far more than your gimmick.
Other people self-voted only AFTER you did and AFTER you set a precedent for it.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:19 am

Post by Varsoon »

If anything, their self votes serve as a means of driving momentum away from you, so I'm far more fine with the other self-votes.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:20 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 136, Varsoon wrote:I do not like your retaliatory vote on me. You're actively bashing setup spec in a game with public mechanics, which is anti-town at least. Maybe it's OBVIOUS to you, but I'm working with a limited set of information. If anything, your scumflip would confirm to me that scum DON'T have knowledge of all/any of the resolutions because it's 'obvious' to you that we should keep scum for gaining that knowledge. Another big part of this is that dunkerdoodles was supporting you for leader out the gate and I voted him, but you returned to vote for me, which comes off heavily like a chainsaw, especially if you're both scum gambiting around just propelling lots of early congress votes/momentum onto your side.
I'm not sure where I bashed public mechanics at all. Can you show me?

And I need you to look at it from my point of view, not yours. As scum partners, why would they just vote without any thought to me? I can see what you mean from an outside view. But say you self voted for leader and he replied to you as he did to me. What would your reaction and thoughts be?
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:21 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 139, Gamma Emerald wrote:These seem good. I am kinda TRing you tbh.
Why?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:22 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 140, Kokichi Oma wrote:Is there a reason you scumread me so much? We've talked a few times how every time you're town you scumread me when I'm town. Yet you give no pause? Especially after the last game that just got endgamed. Is there something I did or didn't do in previous games?
1- I'm not SRing you. I'm being overly cautious with you just in case. I would rather the host be someone I trust I can read somehow.

2- I don't even know who the scum team were in that game (aside from Gamma)

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:23 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 142, Varsoon wrote:Now he props up self-meta while simultaneously dishing out a "you're town" appeasement to A50.
Trash.
No. It's because me and A50 have this talk EVERY game together. Look it up. He can also confirm this. I can link you the games. It's not self meta. It's me trying to get a read on him. If he's just doing it out of habit, or an easy excuse for a scum vote.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:24 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 147, Almost50 wrote:
In post 140, Kokichi Oma wrote:Is there a reason you scumread me so much? We've talked a few times how every time you're town you scumread me when I'm town. Yet you give no pause? Especially after the last game that just got endgamed. Is there something I did or didn't do in previous games?
1- I'm not SRing you. I'm being overly cautious with you just in case. I would rather the host be someone I trust I can read somehow.

2- I don't even know who the scum team were in that game (aside from Gamma)
1. Then how does that warrant a vote? Or was it RVS, cause at that point of the game it was out of RVS quickly.

2. I think Mulch posted it. You can go look.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”