Newbie 793 - Death @ ren faire - SCUM WIN!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Newbie 793 - Death @ ren faire - SCUM WIN!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 3:08 am

Post by farside22 »

What a lovely day to go out and see the Renaissance fair. The queen's court is a buzz. Someone has killed Queen Elizabeth!
I thought this was just a show of actors who would do such a thing?

Cast of characters (6):

Arxym
starkiller

Shotty to the Body
Fuzzles

Locke Lamora
Hayker
Murdock_
Quid Pro Quo

Nikanor
duckduck96 (SE)

KittyMo
RealityFan (SE)

Left the stage:

Looker - Townie - beheaded day 1

iPeanut - Cop - Killed Night 1

Massive - Townie - lynched day 2

Phelan - townie - killed night 2
Last edited by farside22 on Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:07 am, edited 15 times in total.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 3:09 am

Post by farside22 »

Game Rules:

General Gameplay and Etiquette:
  1. You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
  2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it.
  3. If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to me by the posted deadline. If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.
  4. Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage).
  5. Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mod know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase.
  6. In order for all players to play at least one game day this game will start with a Day phase. Communication outside the thread (if your role specifically allows it) is allowed until the game begins.
  7. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 48 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.
  8. All Newbie games have strict 3-week deadlines.
    Extensions are given only in extreme circumstances.
Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:
  1. A simple majority of all living members must agree on one person for a Lynch to occur (simple majority = ½ # of living players +1, rounded down).
  2. Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate.
  3. Please submit votes as:
    Vote: PlayerName
    Votes will NOT be counted otherwise!

4. Please submit vote revocations as either
    UnVote: PlayerName
    or
    Unvote
    . Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
  5. You may
    Vote: No Lynch
    - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a Lynch.
  6. Deadlines may be implemented if I feel that discussion is lagging. At deadline, ½ the original number of votes will be required for a lynch. In the case of a tie, the person who first received the required number of votes will be lynched. If this number is not met, a No Lynch will occur.
    There will be no reduced number of votes in LyLo.

7. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; the lynched player may not post during twilight but all other living players may continue to post.
  8. Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post except for a brief “Bah!”-type post.
Miscellaneous/Mechanics:
  1. Red
    or
    Blue
    text is reserved for the Mod. No invisible/small text is allowed.
  2. Votecounts will be posted once per page or once per day, whichever is less.
  3. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately. Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
  4. The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
  5. Please bold all requests to the Mod so that they don’t get missed.

6. Prods of missing players will be issued upon request or after 4 days of no activity. A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to possible replacement without further notice.
  7. Rules violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill. Modkills may be accompanied by a change to day/night.
  8. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread.
    Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.
The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun! Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.

Helpful Links:
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 3:10 am

Post by farside22 »

The F11 setup is the current game format used in Newbie games. To prevent the development of game-breaking strategies, these Newbie Games are Semi-Open, wherein the actual game setup is randomly chosen from one of four possible setups as detailed below:
  • 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Sane Doctor, 5 Townies
  • 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies
  • 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies
  • 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Doctor, 6 Townies
If either of the first two setups are in play, and the situation occurs where the Goon is lynched first, the Roleblocker will still be able to submit both night kills and roleblocks (roleblocking is a function of the Roleblocker; night kills are a function of the scum team as a whole).

These are the Role PMs that have potentially been sent to the players:

Mafia-Aligned players:

Mod wrote:

You are a member of the Mafia along with your partner,
name
. Since your plot to quietly overtake the town has failed, you will attempt take it by force by eliminating the others until you outnumber the populace.
  • During the day, try to blend in with the normal Townies, and attempt to get someone lynched.
  • During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Mafia (via PM) and choose another player in the town to kill that night.
  • You may communicate privately with your fellow Mafia up until the game thread is opened. Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle.
  • You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not.
Mod wrote:

You are a member of the Mafia along with your partner,
name
. Since your plot to quietly overtake the town has failed, you will attempt take it by force by eliminating the others until you outnumber the populace.
  • During the day, try to blend in with the normal Townies, and attempt to get someone lynched.
  • As a Roleblocker, you have the ability to distract any player throughout the night, effectively negating their night ability, if they have one.
  • Send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to block. If they have a Night action, it will have no effect. You will not be informed as to whether your roleblock worked or not.
  • During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Mafia (via PM) and choose another player in the town to kill that night.
  • You may communicate privately with your fellow Mafia up until the game thread is opened. Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle.
  • You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not.

Town-Aligned players:

Mod wrote:

You are a normal townsperson, trying to make a living and survive this insanity.
  • You have no abilities at Night other than getting a good night's rest.
  • Although you do not have any special abilities, your voice and vote are powerful weapons in their own right. Use them to your best advantage!
  • At no time may you privately communicate with any other player.
  • You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.
Mod wrote:

You are the local law enforcement, and can tell the good guys from the bad.
  • Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to investigate.
  • The Moderator will inform you as to that person’s guilt or innocence.
  • In a Newbie game, you will always get a correct result (no sanity issues).
  • You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.
Mod wrote:

You are the local physician, and can protect people from harm.
  • Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to protect.
  • If someone attempts to kill that player during the Night, they will be spared.
  • You may not protect yourself.
  • In a Newbie game, your protection target will always live through the night (no quacks).
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 3:24 am

Post by farside22 »

All roles are now out. Once everyone confirms the game will start.
Phelan
Phelan
Goon
Phelan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 3:45 am

Post by Phelan »

/confirm
iPeanut
iPeanut
Goon
iPeanut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 3:46 am

Post by iPeanut »

/confirm
"Hey dudes, thanks for rescuing me! Let's go for a burger...Ha! Ha! Ha!" - Bad Dudes
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 4:38 am

Post by Khelvaster »

/Confirm

If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to ask (in this thread.) Whether I am scum or town, I'll answer as best as I can. Any information about mafia in general that comes from me will be as accurate as I can make it.

Typically, games start off with random voting until someone has a better idea.

Vote: Quid Pro Quo
Lag actually does exist in real life. For proof, look no further than Jesus: When he died, it took him three *days* to respawn.
duckduck96
duckduck96
Goon
duckduck96
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 5:08 am

Post by duckduck96 »

/confirm

Let's get this scum-lynchin party started!
Quid Pro Quo
Quid Pro Quo
Townie
Quid Pro Quo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 6:41 am

Post by Quid Pro Quo »

I am confirming. It is lovely to meet you all.

Vote: Jessi
[align=center]Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold[/align]
Starkiller
Starkiller
Townie
Starkiller
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 7:02 am

Post by Starkiller »

/confirm

this is my first game (online, anyway), so I'll try not to make any mistakes :)

...and did Quid just vote to lynch someone?
Starkiller
Starkiller
Townie
Starkiller
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 7:03 am

Post by Starkiller »

crap sorry I must have messed up the bold thing, won't make mistakes starting now
Fuzzles
Fuzzles
Townie
Fuzzles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 7:04 am

Post by Fuzzles »

/confirm

Looking forward to this!
Quid Pro Quo
Quid Pro Quo
Townie
Quid Pro Quo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 7:13 am

Post by Quid Pro Quo »

Starkiller wrote:
/confirm

...and did Quid just vote to lynch someone?
Yes I did.
Phelan
Phelan
Goon
Phelan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 9:19 am

Post by Phelan »

Doesn't the game start only after everyone confirms?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 9:44 am

Post by farside22 »

farside22 wrote:
All roles are now out. Once everyone confirms the game will start.
7 out of 9 have confirmed.

Let the show begin. The queen is dead the ren fair seeks justice.

Deadline is 3 weeks from this post. With 9 alive it will take 5 to lynch.
duckduck96
duckduck96
Goon
duckduck96
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 10:21 am

Post by duckduck96 »

Let's go string up some mafioso!

Vote: Phelan
for expecting everyone to confirm.
Phelan
Phelan
Goon
Phelan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 1:42 pm

Post by Phelan »

Vote: Starkiller
for messing up bbcode.
Starkiller
Starkiller
Townie
Starkiller
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 3:16 pm

Post by Starkiller »

This is bold.
This is not.

See? I'm not a mafia, I'm a townie :)

I would vote you as being mafia in revenge and because you voted awfully quick, but odds are that would hurt the town so I won't :P

Besides my understanding is that the game hasn't officially started yet anyway...
duckduck96
duckduck96
Goon
duckduck96
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 4:11 pm

Post by duckduck96 »

Starkiller wrote:
This is bold.
This is not.

See? I'm not a mafia, I'm a townie :)

I would vote you as being mafia in revenge and because you voted awfully quick, but odds are that would hurt the town so I won't :P

Besides my understanding is that the game hasn't officially started yet anyway...
The game has already started now.
This is the random vote stage. voting here for petty reasons is common.
iPeanut
iPeanut
Goon
iPeanut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 6:15 pm

Post by iPeanut »

Wow. That started fast. Or maybe the last one was just slow...

Anyhoo.

Vote: duckduck96
'cause I can't tell what that thing to the left of the duck is.
(On the duck's right, I guess, but either way. Kinda in front. Well, it's on MY left.)
"Hey dudes, thanks for rescuing me! Let's go for a burger...Ha! Ha! Ha!" - Bad Dudes
Starkiller
Starkiller
Townie
Starkiller
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 8:50 pm

Post by Starkiller »

RealityFan and Jessi don't seem to have posted yet, so I'll refrain from random voting until they do I guess.
And iPeanut I think that's a microphone... or is it a diseased stick figure? royal scepter? that IS mysterious :?
iPeanut
iPeanut
Goon
iPeanut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 3:04 am

Post by iPeanut »

Starkiller wrote:And iPeanut I think that's a microphone... or is it a diseased stick figure? royal scepter? that IS mysterious :?
At least I'm not alone. XD

See, I thought it may be some sort of shrub, but I'm not sure and that really doesn't make too much sense to me in the context.

On the subject of strange avatars, Starkiller, I'm not quite sure what's going on in yours, either. o.o (Not that I necessarily have a right to call anyone else's avatar strange, mind you.)
Quid Pro Quo
Quid Pro Quo
Townie
Quid Pro Quo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 3:10 am

Post by Quid Pro Quo »

The object in duckduck96's avatar appears to be a log with a leaf growing from it. The duck appears to be wearing some sort of hat.
Starkiller
Starkiller
Townie
Starkiller
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 5:08 am

Post by Starkiller »

My avatar is just an old WoW character (a troll) dancing strangely. It's the only picture I could find on my computer quickly lol

And I just thought of something that might give us a little information (about the mafia, not avatars). Scum wouldn't random vote for their own partners immediately, right? It follows that any of the voter-voted pairs around so far are probably not both mafia. (For example, if Phelan and I were both mafia he probably would not have voted to lynch me when there is no real suspicion for either of us yet) IDK, we mightt be able to use that at some point

P.S. This is unrelated to the rest of my post, but can someone explain to me how to quote multiple things separately in one post? Do you just have to copy+paste and use the BBC code?
Quid Pro Quo
Quid Pro Quo
Townie
Quid Pro Quo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 5:49 am

Post by Quid Pro Quo »

I strongly disagree with you Starkiller. It is my perception that scum partners voting for each other is rather common. I think that you are getting into Wine In Front of Me.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”