Newbie 774 - Spegezzironi: Game Over! TOWN WINS!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Rustythepirate
Rustythepirate
Goon
Rustythepirate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:53 am

Post by Rustythepirate »

How many times do you have to confirm a vote, Lamont_Cranston? The more you confirm it the less significant it becomes. And muzzz is right, if you genuinely think SensFan is scum, the pro-town thing to do would to be to try to convince the rest of the town that he is scum - not give up and stop talking to him. Generally whenever someone decides to stop talking to someone completely in a game I vote for them as it's a scum-tell to me.
[i]The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind, The answer is blowin' in the wind.[/i]
cpe
cpe
Townie
cpe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:33 am

Post by cpe »

cpe wrote:muzzz: those two posts of Lamont's don't contradict each other as far as I can see.

He just insults SensFen in both of them and in both of them claims that Sens wants to lynch villagers.
Ooh wait sorry, I was comparing:
Oh but I forgot you don't care about lynching villagers its just the way to do things for you.

Confirm Vote: Sensfan
With
Thanks for sharing Sens call me a newb if you want but YOU'RE the one advocating the lynching of a villager NOT ME. So don't tell me how I'M the newb.
Hmm, well, there isn't a direct contradiction (between the two you were actually hihglighting), in one he talks of waiting in the other he sounds in a hurry. Maybe being at L-1 is making him act erratically?
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:35 pm

Post by Lamont_Cranston »

Its called DADV -- Dead Air, Dead Villager. That's the principle anyway.

If you can't see how a dual bandwagon provides more info for the village, I'm sorry I can't help you.

Sensfan's attitude is expressly and blatanly anti-village, it pisses me off and sorry if you don't like it.
[i]Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?[/i] [url=http://www.braingle.com/community/wiki.php?user=Lamont_Cranston&page=ms_wiki]Wiki[/url]
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11458]Chzo Mafia 1 Replace BLOOD&GORE[/url]
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:08 pm

Post by muzzz »

I tried googling DADV and got nothing. So I still don't see how a dual bandwagon is better. Since you can't explain it, I can't unvote you.

You have absolutely no case against Sens. Nothing. The only thing uou've even accused him of is aggressiveness, yet you can't explain why that's scummy. You're just pissed at him because he's less patient with your attitude than others. And I have to say that your inability to take advice is starting to grate on me as well.
Most justified random vote ever:
"Vote: muzzz for making my girlfriend think you were me" - Rai
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:21 pm

No you don't get the point here. I HAVE explained it and not me but CPE too. You just refuse to understand for whatever reason...

What is the problem with your game analysis!? Why can't you see simple posts that are clear as day?

See post below for a great example of Sensfan's anti-village attitutde...
[i]Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?[/i] [url=http://www.braingle.com/community/wiki.php?user=Lamont_Cranston&page=ms_wiki]Wiki[/url]
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11458]Chzo Mafia 1 Replace BLOOD&GORE[/url]
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:32 pm

SensFan wrote:
Vote: L_C

I now support a lynch.
Lamont_Cranston wrote:@sensfan: and so you support a lynch when I flip villager then?

I will also say that I have noticed that Sensfan has been rather abrasive with people that have inquired about his game behavior. If anyone else has noticed this and would like to vote him, I will join in that. Othwerwise at this point I am open to ideas.
Lamont_Cranston wrote:I'll appeal to the truth thank you because you will have to deal with it when I flip villager.

Johoolno inquired about your behavior and you were very aggressive with him. You became extremely aggressive with CPE. Its almost like you are trying to place yourself above criticism.

If someone else sees this aggressive behavior as a scum tell then I am willing to explore this possibility. Otherwise I am re-gathering myself and am not sure where to go atm.
SensFan wrote:
Lamont_Cranston wrote:Well don't blame me when I flip village.
Stop fucking appealing to emotion. It is HURTING your case, since its a completely invalid, illogical, and unfounded argument.
SensFan wrote: No, I won't have to deal with SHIT ALL.

In fact, I will say right now, that even IF you flip Villager, I won't regret supporting your lynch.
SensFan wrote:
Lamont_Cranston wrote:LOL wow that is so anti-village but I guess thats just you hey Sens?
No, its not.

You're playing on emotion, you're not playing logically, and its a lynch. I never EVER regret being on a wagon.
Lamont_Cranston wrote:There are such things as "neutral" lynches when its like a certainty for the village to win lynching off of a list but other than that it HURTS the village to lynch a villager. The Mafi advances the village gets weaker. Its just basic gameplay. You just want to hide from the pain & the reality of it.
This attitude is almost a policy lynch for me anyway.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:53 pm

Post by sekinj »

Day 1: Vote Count 11

(# of votes against) Voted Player - by Voter(s)

(0) ckool5000 - by none

(0) Johoohno - by none

(0) cpe - by none

(4) Lamont_Cranston - by Rustythepirate; muzzz; SensFan; ckool5000

(0) Perpetuum - by none

(0) Rustythepirate - by none

(2) SensFan - by cpe; Lamont_Cranston

(0) Sotty7 - by none

(1) muzzz - by Perpetuum

Not Voting: Johoohno; Sotty7

With nine (9) citizens alive it takes
five (5) votes to lynch.

Day 1 Deadline: 5/09/09 12:00 PM CST

Announcement:
- semioldguy replaces Perpetuum

Please PM me if I have missed anything.

Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:40 pm

Post by semioldguy »

Because it appears that my predecessor still has his random vote placed, I will
Unvote

Here are some of my general thoughts on the players in the game so far:

ckool5000
: Many of his posts aren't much more than a line long. This has always alerted me to people as potentially posting shorter posts to avoid making mistakes and getting caught. He seemed hesitant more then once to place his vote on Lamont_Cranston. It doesn't look as if he is willing to take responsibility for his vote due to the timidity of putting it there and even once it's there has expressed a little wishy-washyness about it. I get a fairly scummy read here.

cpe
: He made the argument that Lamont_Cranston and Sensfan could potentially be scum buddies based off of buddying up and then distancing. Though I think his case is poor, I actually don't entirely disagree with his reasoning. When there is a potential link between two players that link is going to be much stronger in one direction than the other. As in if Person A flips scum first, Person B suddenly looks more likely to be scum. However person B flipping scum first would not necessarily indicate that Person A is more likely scum because the link is only strong in one direction. This seemed to be the logic he was getting at, but his case was just not presented very strongly. He pulled off the Lamont_Cranston wagon when it was getting full. I disagree about Sensfan's abrasiveness being a scum tell. Abrasiveness is not a tell one way or the other. That doesn't make Sensfan right though. I get a pretty decent town vibe from cpe.

Johoohno
: He also is doing the short posting style that I'm not really fond of. Johoohno doesn't bring much of his own content, but spends a lot of his posts asking questions. This is not a bad thing to do, but I don't think it's good if it's the
only
thing you do. You are keeping yourself hidden more or less this game, and while you may be scum hunting you are kind of staying in the shadows yourself. I'd feel better about you if you came out a bit more and took some stances on more things and gave more of your own opinions in general. Somewhat scummy to me right now.

Lamont_Cranston
: So much has been brought up against you and I don't intend to repeat it all here. If you think you are answering questions and everyone else doesn't think you are, you seriously need to reconsider whether you are answering these questions effectively. You don't explain many of your actions and when asked about it your explanations often are poor and inadequate. You are not helping the town, and saying that you are doesn't make it true. Very likely to be scum in my opinion.

muzzz
: He brings up valid points and brings good content. His posts seem well thought out and logical. muzzz comes off as very pro-town.

Rustythepirate
: In the very post that he mentions not liking FoS's, he uses an FoS on on Lamont_Cranston. This is puzzling to me. Aside from that nothng comes off as too odd. Relatively strong town feeling.

SensFan
: He definitely comes off as aggressive, though as I mentioned that's not particularly indicative of anything. however, I don't agree with him on several points so far and find some of his behavior odd. He tells cpe not to blindly follow him, but Lamont_Cranston had followed him a couple times earlier in the game with no mention of it by SensFan until someone else brought it up. I have a moderate scummy feeling about SensFan.

Sotty7
: Similar to muzzz her posts seem logical and well thought out in hunting for scum and providing a stance on different game elements. Feels very town to me.

Ranking of players from most scummy to least scummy:
Lamont_Cranston
ckool5000
SensFan
Johoohno
cpe
Rustythepirate
Sotty7
muzzz
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:43 pm

Post by semioldguy »

I think we've gotten as much as we are going to get out of today.

Vote: Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:45 pm

Lamont_Cranston: So much has been brought up against you and I don't intend to repeat it all here. If you think you are answering questions and everyone else doesn't think you are, you seriously need to reconsider whether you are answering these questions effectively. You don't explain many of your actions and when asked about it your explanations often are poor and inadequate. You are not helping the town, and saying that you are doesn't make it true. Very likely to be scum in my opinion.

In the beginning I didn't for stated reasons. Basically there are several people that are just using me as a posting ping-pong ball. My case as village has been clearly stated.
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:46 pm

Oh and goodbye crewl world. Sorry village I tried my best, gl. There is penty of evidence that is for sure ;)
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:59 pm

Post by sekinj »

Day 1: Final Vote Count

(# of votes against) Voted Player - by Voter(s)

(0) ckool5000 - by none

(0) Johoohno - by none

(0) cpe - by none

(5) Lamont_Cranston - by Rustythepirate; muzzz; SensFan; ckool5000; semioldguy

(0) Perpetuum - by none

(0) Rustythepirate - by none

(2) SensFan - by cpe; Lamont_Cranston

(0) Sotty7 - by none

(0) muzzz - by none

Not Voting: Johoohno; Sotty7

The citizens of Spegezzironi debated throughout the day. Each citizen was probbed and finally the town decided that enough was enough. Scum had been found and would be lynched.

Lamont_Cranston,
townsperson
, has been lynched on Day 1

It is now Night 1: Night Actions are due by Wednesday (4/29/09 12:00 PM CST)
Last edited by sekinj on Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:56 am

Post by sekinj »

Day 2 dawns and all the sleepy citizens stumble back to the town square to see if the Mafia had given them just one night's reprieve from the terror. But it was not to be. There in the town square was the grusome body of muzzz, dead as a doornail.

muzzz,
townsperson,
has been killed during Night 1

Day 2 Begins!

Day 2 Deadline: 5/20/2009 at 12:00 PM CST

With seven (7) citizens alive it takes four (4) votes to lynch.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h
Pronoun: He

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:20 am

Post by Johoohno »

@ semioldguy: Welcome, I didn't get the chance to say that last day.

I don't disagree with your vote on L_C, I most likely would've hammered him myself, but I would've liked to get more info on you before you rushed the town into the night.
cpe
cpe
Townie
cpe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:09 am

Post by cpe »

Ok, now I think it's very hard to say anything. The bulk of day 1 was L_C needs to be lynched, but now he's gone and he wasn't scum. The case against Sens_Fan is nowhere near as solid as it was when there was the possibility of it being Sens and L_C, and we know almost nothing about semioldguy.

Conclusion, I'm stuck for ideas...
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:07 pm

Post by semioldguy »

Lamont_Cranston really was not as much the bulk of Day One if you look back at it. By it's end he was definitely the focal point that drew almost all of the attention, but he didn't start off the day that way. Lamont_Cranston's downfall didn't begin until about halfway through yesterday's posting.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:01 pm

Post by SensFan »

cpe wrote:Ok, now I think it's very hard to say anything. The bulk of day 1 was L_C needs to be lynched, but now he's gone and he wasn't scum. The case against Sens_Fan is nowhere near as solid as it was when there was the possibility of it being Sens and L_C, and we know almost nothing about semioldguy.
What case against me? The one where I'm aggressive and won't apologize if I'm on a Town wagon?

If so, explain why that's scummy (hint: its not).
If not, explain the case on me.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
cpe
cpe
Townie
cpe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:51 pm

Post by cpe »

SensFan wrote:
cpe wrote:Ok, now I think it's very hard to say anything. The bulk of day 1 was L_C needs to be lynched, but now he's gone and he wasn't scum. The case against Sens_Fan is nowhere near as solid as it was when there was the possibility of it being Sens and L_C, and we know almost nothing about semioldguy.
What case against me? The one where I'm aggressive and won't apologize if I'm on a Town wagon?

If so, explain why that's scummy (hint: its not).
If not, explain the case on me.
It was a very speculative case based on weak logic and getting some kind of negative vibe from you which may well mean nothing. But still, it was more a case for you + L_C than you alone.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:25 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Johoohno Post 260 wrote:@ semioldguy: Welcome, I didn't get the chance to say that last day.

I don't disagree with your vote on L_C, I most likely would've hammered him myself, but I would've liked to get more info on you before you rushed the town into the night.
What info do you think we would have gotten?

Currently under the weather of sorts. Once I can I will be looking back over day 1.
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h
Pronoun: He

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:45 am

Post by Johoohno »

Sotty7 wrote:
Johoohno Post 260 wrote:@ semioldguy: Welcome, I didn't get the chance to say that last day.

What info do you think we would have gotten?
We didn't get the chance to ask him any questions and see him in action more than those two posts. I see it as valuable to make yourself accustomed with a players playstyle a bit, it mught help you in understanding statements and interpret them as character or alignment. In my opinion semioldguy made sure we wouldn't get to know him that much before we got into night 1. I see that as possibly scummy.
Rustythepirate
Rustythepirate
Goon
Rustythepirate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:13 am

Post by Rustythepirate »

Sotty7 wrote:Currently under the weather of sorts. Once I can I will be looking back over day 1.
Same. I have a horrible combination of spring allergies and some sort of cold. Once I'm more able I'll actively re-read and contribute.
[i]The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind, The answer is blowin' in the wind.[/i]
ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:12 pm

Post by ckool5000 »

*face palm self* Doh!
I should've realized that he was just being like what I was in my first game... Sort of... Okay, maybe not really.

I don't really know who to suspect.
Rusty seems super-town to me
Sens I think is taking heat that he shouldn't
Johoono seems fine and so does Sotty
cpe seems suspicious... but I'm not exactly sure how
muzzz seems town to me
semioldguy hammered... But hey, there's just as much chance of a townie doing that as a scum, so nothing there either...

Golly... Who should I suspect?
http://ckool5000.mybrute.com
What I've always wanted to hear from someone:
Kublai Khan: "@ckool5000: Aw, crap. You're right."
ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:19 pm

Post by ckool5000 »

Oh... I just now read that muzzz was killed...
http://ckool5000.mybrute.com
What I've always wanted to hear from someone:
Kublai Khan: "@ckool5000: Aw, crap. You're right."
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:36 pm

Post by semioldguy »

ckool5000 wrote:Oh... I just now read that muzzz was killed...
Happening three hours after your first post of the day, to me this reads as someone who wasn't paying a whole lot of attention to the night kill and more likely to be a townie in my opinion. For now you have gone down considerably in suspicion by me.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 3:39 am

Post by SensFan »

semioldguy wrote:
ckool5000 wrote:Oh... I just now read that muzzz was killed...
Happening three hours after your first post of the day, to me this reads as someone who wasn't paying a whole lot of attention to the night kill and more likely to be a townie in my opinion. For now you have gone down considerably in suspicion by me.
Its nothing but a nulltell, definatively not a towntell.

It would be VERY easy to fake that sort of thing.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”