Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:09 am

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

Prison Count #9

4 - orangepenguin (orangepenguin, TonyMontana, Seraphim, icemanE)
4 - SlySly (TonyMontana, DragonsofSummer, CarnCarn, icemanE)
4 - CarnCarn (RedCoyote, SlySly, orangepenguin, Albert B. Rampage)

2 - springlullaby (Seraphim, SlySly)
1 - Albert B. Rampage (RedCoyote)
1 - RedCoyote (CarnCarn)

Not Yet Voted:

humscunter (2)
Albert B. Rampage (1)
DragonsofSummer (1)
springlullaby (2)

Remember the majority is 6 and the deadline is 4PM Eastern November 24th!
The end justifies the means.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:09 am

SlySly wrote:[bMod:[/b]
Machiavellian-Mafia, in the prisoner voting results, wrote: ...gets double vote next day...
Does this mean the player will get 4 votes, or does each of their 2 votes count double?
The latter is correct. Each of their 2 votes will count double.
CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:29 pm

Post by CarnCarn »

Has anyone else asked the mod about how sending two scum to jail, given that they know each other's identities, is seemingly bad for town?
If not, don't do it ITT, do it via PM. I've already told you how he answered me pregame, but I'd like to know what responses others get.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:52 pm

Post by icemanE »

Right, Sly - just to gain some clarity here, do
you
think sending two scum to jail is good or bad? I need to know that in order to clarify my point.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:23 am

orangepenguin has been prodded for inactivity of over 72 hours.

I'm currently still searching for replacement for humscunter.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:29 pm

The Central Scrutinizer replaces humscunter. Effective immediately. Let's welcome TCS to the game!
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:02 pm

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

Bad news, guys, I'm in the game.

I've skimmed/read most of it, but I'll be up to speed entirely soon.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:37 pm

Dear Baby Jesus, I lost a post. The relevant points.

Scumhunting:

-CarnCarn's 41 is directly contradicted by his 14 and 19. His 20 is a transitional that may explain this, but nowhere prior to Day 2 does he mention special contact with MM, despite claiming so in his 41.
-SlySly's fixed "randomvote" rubs me entirely the wrong way. I don't buy the "joke" explanation.
-SlySly's attempts to shift suspicion to Spring are smelliferous.
-This is how ABR plays. Just deal with it.

Gaming the System

-We should send two entirely different people to prison today and see what happens. If another one of them dies, we send the two remaining people to prison. If both of them live, we attempt to continue on with The Plan
-I see no reason to treat this as if we were playing a real mafia game and lynching scummy people. We need to figure out how the hell we intend to kill scum before we can play with a goal in mind. We don't know that sending scum leads to dead scum yet, and until we do we're groping in the dark, and I see The Plan as our best bet going forward.
possibly
comment."
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:54 pm

Post by icemanE »

I agree with everything TCS said, especially:
TCS wrote: -I see no reason to treat this as if we were playing a real mafia game and lynching scummy people. We need to figure out how the hell we intend to kill scum before we can play with a goal in mind. We don't know that sending scum leads to dead scum yet, and until we do we're groping in the dark, and I see The Plan as our best bet going forward.
That's more or less what I've been trying to get at.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:24 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

unsend me, send slysly

I agree with TCS post above ice's. '

-We should send two entirely different people to prison today and see what happens. If another one of them dies, we send the two remaining people to prison. If both of them live, we attempt to continue on with The Plan
CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:29 pm

Post by CarnCarn »

Unsend: RedCoyote
Send: orangepenguin

I'm feeling a OP-SlySly connection
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:44 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Really? I don't think I've connected myself to him, until just before, when I unvoted myself and sent him in there - only because, other than myself and you, he was the top suspect. I know my role. I had no involvement in Crazy. It was an obvious set-up. Unless you think I am merely sending in a scumbuddy, to "get a man on the inside". But given that, wouldn't that also suggest a possible me-CarnCarn connection? :roll:

I don't care if I am sent to prison again. I just don't think it will give us any more info at all. If the majority of the town disagrees, then fine, send me back.
CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:58 pm

Post by CarnCarn »

For all the BS cases that Sly tried to put together, he only gave you a cursory look, as if to hedge his bets.
Like I said, I think scum get some benefit from sending in 1 and ONLY 1 member into prison, so the fact that you are voting Sly and me is not that surprising.
I'm much more convinced that he is scum than that you are scum, but I'm still thinking that sending you back is necessary to find out whether last night was a one-time thing or you may actually be scum.

To TCS and icemanE: Why do you think this game is any different from normal mafia, where we try to hunt for scum? Is your view based on the interrogation chart on page 1? If it is, please remember the huge "unless otherwise stated" caveat. Also:
CarnCarn wrote:Has anyone else asked the mod about how sending two scum to jail, given that they know each other's identities, is seemingly bad for town?
If not, don't do it ITT, do it via PM. I've already told you how he answered me pregame, but I'd like to know what responses others get.
This is an idea.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:44 am

Albert B. Rampage, RedCoyote, springlullaby, and DragonsofSummer have been prodded for over 72 hours of inactivity.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:56 am

Post by TonyMontana »

The Central Scrutinizer wrote:-We should send two entirely different people to prison today and see what happens.
ok.
unsend:OP
Send: Carncarn
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:51 am

Post by springlullaby »

You know what, I'm starting to think that ABR's plan for there not being a plan is the best way to do it.

I don't think any strategy is going to work, rather, I think this game is meant to be played spontaneously.

A clarification I'd like from the mod though.

Mod:

Rule 5 specify that while imprisoned, players can't be targeted by another.
Have you lied? Or are there exception to that rule?
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:52 am

Post by springlullaby »

Mod:
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:01 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

The Central Scrutinizer wrote:Bad news, guys, I'm in the game.

wow I remember you. Its been a WHILE.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:06 am

This has been addressed before. If you're going to decide to play this game like ABR, at least actually read things before you pretend not to. No offense to ABR, of course. He does what he does.
MM, The Mod wrote:[Special Rules
(add “unless specified otherwise” to end of each rule):

1. Each day lasts maximum 3 weeks.
2. Each player has two votes to vote on two different players to be sent to prison. Both votes cannot be used on same player. Players should use the tags Send: MM and Unsend: MM. I will reluctantly accept bolded votes and unvotes.
3. At end of each day, whichever two players has the most votes gets sent to prison for interrogation during the night. If a majority of votes is reached for two players before deadline, the day ends early. Tiebreaker is whoever reached a certain number of votes first.
4. While in prison, the two players will be asked the question: “Is the other player mafia?” The results are shown above.
5. While imprisoned, those players cannot target others and cannot be targeted by others.
possibly
comment."
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:08 am

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
The Central Scrutinizer wrote:Bad news, guys, I'm in the game.

wow I remember you. Its been a WHILE.
I allowed myself to be imprisoned and crucified by some Romans, but it turns out that in the modern era of paperwork and bureaucracy, a proper resurrection takes 3-6 months to process.
possibly
comment."
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:32 am

CarnCarn wrote:For all the BS cases that Sly tried to put together, he only gave you a cursory look, as if to hedge his bets.
Like I said, I think scum get some benefit from sending in 1 and ONLY 1 member into prison, so the fact that you are voting Sly and me is not that surprising.
I'm much more convinced that he is scum than that you are scum, but I'm still thinking that sending you back is necessary to find out whether last night was a one-time thing or you may actually be scum.

To TCS and icemanE: Why do you think this game is any different from normal mafia, where we try to hunt for scum? Is your view based on the interrogation chart on page 1? If it is, please remember the huge "unless otherwise stated" caveat. Also:
CarnCarn wrote:Has anyone else asked the mod about how sending two scum to jail, given that they know each other's identities, is seemingly bad for town?
This is an idea.
When I consider this, it makes a lot of sense. If we send two townies, they can play their prisoner's dilemma game. If we send two mafia, they get caught (or they play prisoner's dilemma to some other effect, perhaps?). And then if we send a townie and a mafia member, the townie dies. Since there were no other mafia kills last night, we might suspect mafia lacks a normal nightkill. This is one possibility.

However, it's entirely possible that we have only the prison to work with, and the kill from last night was just some sort of mafia superkill (or even the result of a third party superkill), and this speculating is useless.

I do
agree
with you that sending two scum is probably beneficial. So scumhunting is useful. But I want to see at least one or two more nights of evidence in order to see if we can't decipher the mechanics of the game a little more.

If case one were proven to be true, then we could probably assume orangepenguin is scum. In all other instances last night gave us little to no information, especially as rushed as Day One was. My plan as laid out in my second post in this thread is an attempt to gain more information on the setup. We send two people who are not orangepenguin. If one of them dies, on the third night we send both orangepenguin and the remaining individual. Or, we could stop then and reassess based on the gameplay of others.

The general idea is to attempt to see if last night was a fluke, or the typical result of a scum-town pairing in prison. I would say that the two people we send to the slammer tonight should be one person we think has a good chance of being scum, and another person who seems wholly innocent, but might still be hoodwinking us. That way, if we luck out and hit two scum, we see what happens; if we get the same result as Night One, we can be more positive that orangepenguin and one of our sendees are scum together; if both survive, we can see what happens.

As I write I'm becoming increasingly certain that we have the two most probable possibilities here. A scum-town combination lets scum "sneak" a person in to kill the townie, or scum had a one-shot "superkill" that they decided was most beneficial to use on day one in order to confound us. Any other ideas, I'd like to hear and consider of course.

In conclusion, I'd suggest a combination of SlySly and Spring. I believe SlySly to be scum, and Spring has strong town leanings in my view because of his attempt to game the system, but he might still have been scum trying to get us to waste time (though unlikely, in my opinion).

Of course, if we have any townies who would like to volunteer to be sent with SlySly, we could do it that way.
possibly
comment."
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:56 am

Post by springlullaby »

The Central Scrutinizer wrote:This has been addressed before. If you're going to decide to play this game like ABR, at least actually read things before you pretend not to. No offense to ABR, of course. He does what he does.
MM, The Mod wrote:[Special Rules
(add “unless specified otherwise” to end of each rule):

1. Each day lasts maximum 3 weeks.
2. Each player has two votes to vote on two different players to be sent to prison. Both votes cannot be used on same player. Players should use the tags Send: MM and Unsend: MM. I will reluctantly accept bolded votes and unvotes.
3. At end of each day, whichever two players has the most votes gets sent to prison for interrogation during the night. If a majority of votes is reached for two players before deadline, the day ends early. Tiebreaker is whoever reached a certain number of votes first.
4. While in prison, the two players will be asked the question: “Is the other player mafia?” The results are shown above.
5. While imprisoned, those players cannot target others and cannot be targeted by others.
In my understanding rule 5 specify that the 2 prisoners are night action immune.

If the mod confirms that there is no exception to that rule and that he hasn't lied, then the death of ###(forgot the name) last night is not the result from a night action.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:02 am

Post by icemanE »

This is clearly different, Carn. At the moment I see no reliable way of dispensing with scum even when we do find them. Finding out how to do that should obviously be our first priority.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:17 am

springlullaby wrote:
Mod:
I have not lied. The "unless specified otherwise" clause opens possibilities to exceptions to that rule and all other Special Rules.
CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:48 am

Post by CarnCarn »

The Central Scrutinizer wrote:if we get the same result as Night One, we can be more positive that orangepenguin and one of our sendees are scum together;
But Crazy was town...
The Central Scrutinizer wrote:As I write I'm becoming increasingly certain that we have the two most probable possibilities here. A scum-town combination lets scum "sneak" a person in to kill the townie, or scum had a one-shot "superkill" that they decided was most beneficial to use on day one in order to confound us. Any other ideas, I'd like to hear and consider of course.
I agree with this.
The Central Scrutinizer wrote:In conclusion, I'd suggest a combination of SlySly and Spring. I believe SlySly to be scum, and Spring has strong town leanings in my view because of his attempt to game the system, but he might still have been scum trying to get us to waste time (though unlikely, in my opinion).
Why not send Sly and OP? If one of them dies, then we know the N1 mechanism is not a scum sneaking in to get a kill (unless Sly dies and he turns out to be town). If OP dies and is town, then it proves the "scum get a kill by sneaking one in" theory wrong. If they both survive, they could be town or scum together (I think they would probably be town; I don't see two scum surviving intact after being sent to prison). I think this pairing would give us the most insight into the game mechanics and has a good chance of locking up 2 scum.
icemanE wrote:This is clearly different, Carn. At the moment I see no reliable way of dispensing with scum even when we do find them. Finding out how to do that should obviously be our first priority.
A logical way is to send them to prison, counting on the "unless specified otherwise" clause.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”