Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:08 am

Post by Porkens »

popsofctown wrote:Porkens is the most scummy other player. He behaves erratically and he seems more interested in stirring than hunting for scum. His disorganizations seem like a way to make noise rather than find scum.
Please point out, specifically, what behavior you are referring to as erratic.

bodyslam: sotty7
;) hai!

Pops reminds me a lot of afatchic in the newbie game afatchic spoke of earlier. The only way to "test" his claim at this point is to lynch him. That isn't worth the risk of loosing our doctor. The next couple days in the game could drastically change the effects of his claim. To be clear: Yes; I am giving pops a free pass on his scummy behavior because he claimed doc.

Leaving the claimed doctor alive is the protown thing to do. Those against that idea are either hard-on to misslynch or not thinking clearly.

TMJ would be a fine lynch today. Not to take anything away from the efforts of a new player, but his contributions haven't been useful on top of wanting to lynch the claimed doc. TMJ, I believe, is going to be a lingering ?-mark as long as he's around.

therefore:

unvote, Vote TMJ

(still watching that thing)
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:12 am

Post by Porkens »

Yes; I am giving pops a free pass on his scummy behavior
for day one
because he claimed doc.

Leaving the claimed doctor alive
on day one
is the protown thing to do. Those against that idea are either hard-on to misslynch or not thinking clearly.
EBWOP
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:24 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Col.Cathart Post 267 wrote:First of all, hello again Sotty. Pleasure playing with you again ;]
Right back at you. That's why I wanted to replace into this game, it's stock full of players I have played with before and had a good game with, or players I know though association and want to play with. The only players I don't know in that respect are Cruciare and TJM.
Col.Cathart Post 267 wrote:About your question: I don't really know, where did you get that. In 195 and in the next post I stated why my vote stays on TMJ. His play is IMO terrible, and when combined with his early statements, I still think he's more scummy than DRK. Especially, that his
[TMJ's]
play didn't improved, as I hoped. Besides DRK answered all of my questions. For now my case on him is sitting in place to the point, when I'll know either pops or jammers alignment. Or when he'll say something scummy.
Probably from my own perspective. In my opinion your case on TMJ isn't that good. Yeah he said some scummy things, but I think Cruciare's assessment of TMJ in post 135 hits the nail on the head. TMJ might deny he is a newbie, but nothing about his play has shown me that he really knows what he is doing/saying. So it looks like an easy place for scum to park a vote. However your case on DRK is based a little more in actual scum hunting in my opinion and I think would have been a better home for your vote.

However with that said, I would much rather lynch TMJ over Pops today, but neither is my ideal lynch.
Porkens Post 269 wrote:
bodyslam: sotty7
;) hai!
Standing dropkick: Porkens
for old times sake :D

I pretty much agree with the rest of your post Porkens. I won't be voting for Pops today and I will vote TMJ if deadline calls for it.
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:30 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

However with that said, I would much rather lynch TMJ over Pops today, but neither is my ideal lynch.
The who is, and why?
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:34 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I will be going into that ASAP, it ties into some of my questions. If I don't get answers by the end of the day I'll be posting my cases anyway. Can't wait around too long because of the deadline.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:34 am

Post by sigma »

Welcome to the game, sotty!
That's why I wanted to replace into this game, it's stock full of players I have played with before and had a good game with, or players I know though association and want to play with. The only players I don't know in that respect are Cruciare and TJM.
:| I'm curious -- did I play with an alt of yours? Or did you forget to include me in with Cruciare and TMJ?
sigma

Why aren't you posting more? I really liked your post 148 but since then you have kinda floated under the radar. It's not good.
I don't really have a good excuse. I will say that I've read this thread over a few times, and there just hasn't been a lot that's jumped out at me as being indicative of scum. I'm still fairly new to forum mafia, but I think my playstyle tends to be cautious. My first game was as scum, so that probably exacerbated a tendency towards caution in posting that game.

That said, a thinking-out-loud-so-the-town-can-hear-it approach would be a better way to go about things, and I'll try and fix it going forward.
I will be going into [my ideal lynch] ASAP, it ties into some of my questions.
Interested to hear your thoughts.
Col.Cathart wrote:
The who is, and why?
This is interesting. To me, posts like this are slightly scummy. Pressuring a replacement for thoughts on their lynch candidates before all the questions she asked have been answered seems a bit dodgy to me. Combined with Cathart's "Hamlet" approach to deciding if pops is town or not, makes the colonel look a little more likely as scum, in my opinion.

Porkens wrote:Leaving the claimed doctor alive is the protown thing to do. Those against that idea are either hard-on to misslynch or not thinking clearly.
The fact that you're saying this after all the discussion we've had, and only when pops' lynch looks fairly likely, makes me wonder about your motives in saying this now. Why didn't you make this point 3 RL days ago?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:38 am

Post by Porkens »

The fact that you're saying this after all the discussion we've had, and only when pops' lynch looks fairly likely, makes me wonder about your motives in saying this now. Why didn't you make this point 3 RL days ago?
I wasn't thinking clearly.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:42 am

Post by sigma »

Another interpretation of your actions is that you're distancing yourself from what you know to be a mis-lynch by defending the lynch candidate, but only doing it when you know it's unlikely to save him.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:59 am

Post by Porkens »

That seems like a pretty far-fetched interpretation.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:03 am

Post by Sotty7 »

sigma Post 275 wrote:Welcome to the game, sotty!
That's why I wanted to replace into this game, it's stock full of players I have played with before and had a good game with, or players I know though association and want to play with. The only players I don't know in that respect are Cruciare and TJM.
:| I'm curious -- did I play with an alt of yours? Or did you forget to include me in with Cruciare and TMJ?
No, I don't have an alt. You fall into the second group of players that I know by association. I'm married to Zachrulez, so I know just how good of a scum player you can be. But so far I like what I see from you, just want more. Yeah, I'm greedy.
sigma Post 275 wrote:
Col.Cathart wrote:
The who is, and why?
This is interesting. To me, posts like this are slightly scummy. Pressuring a replacement for thoughts on their lynch candidates before all the questions she asked have been answered seems a bit dodgy to me. Combined with Cathart's "Hamlet" approach to deciding if pops is town or not, makes the colonel look a little more likely as scum, in my opinion.
I don't think it is particularly scummy of CC to ask me who I think should be the lynch. I probably would have asked me the same question in his situation considering the deadline rushing up. Still agree there is something off about the Col.
sigma Post 277 wrote:Another interpretation of your actions is that you're distancing yourself from what you know to be a mis-lynch by defending the lynch candidate, but only doing it when you know it's unlikely to save him.
This is one way to look at it. The reason I asked Porkens who his number one was because he never really stated that clearly in thread one way or the other. Some players play like this, with the “pressure” votes regardless of alignment.

So with your vote on TMJ Porkens, does that mean he is your number one right now? Who's your number two?
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:13 am

Post by Cruciare »

I don't like this deadline. The closer to it we get, the weirder some people start to act. I'm starting to draw paranoid interpretations like Sigma's on various players, and it's making me feel uneasy. I may now be willing to lynch like half the people on the playerlist just so we won't have a no lynch.
@Mod: Your judgement that we won't need further extensions is probably based on the assumption of a near-unanimous Pops desperation lynch today. If that doesn't look like it's going to happen, would you consider extending it further?

I have absolutely no stake at all at what the players decide to do with day 1. The deadline has been two weeks since the game has begun, and I extended it by about a day for the
sole
reason that a replacement came into the game some 30 hours before the deadline. If a majority of players feel as though they need longer to come to a decision, I will extend the deadline once (per game day) with respect to that request.
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:50 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

sigma wrote:
Col.Cathart wrote:
The who is, and why?
Well, the answer is much simpler, I was just curious about Sotty's main suspect. That's a pretty normal deal, almost everyone here got to answer that question at some point, aye? Deadline is on our backs, and I think that even without answers to all those questions, Sotty already has her list of suspects, so I wanted to know, as she just told us, that it is neither TMJ nor Pops.
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:12 am

Post by Vi »

Sotty7 266 wrote:
Vi

Why are you voting for Pops? Is the deadline factoring into it?
The only explanation I can come up with for pops' actions at this point is Refuge in Audacity; I know pops can play better than he has so far. (Besides, isn't reading the game you want to replace into BEFORE you jump in kind of what most people do anyway? Then why the surprise?)
The deadline is a factor because it's stifling discussion to a degree, not that I seem to be able to do much about that...
Cruciare 280 wrote:I don't like this deadline. The closer to it we get, the weirder some people start to act. I'm starting to draw paranoid interpretations like Sigma's on various players, and it's making me feel uneasy. I may now be willing to lynch like half the people on the playerlist just so we won't have a no lynch.
Explain.
Cruciare 280 wrote:
@Mod: Your judgement that we won't need further extensions is probably based on the assumption of a near-unanimous Pops desperation lynch today. If that doesn't look like it's going to happen, would you consider extending it further?
Objection.
Also, I don't recognize you without your previous avatar.

Col.Kittyhart 267 is yet another waffle, and while these two most recent posts aren't really scumtells IMO, they are also not Towntells. If time permitted I would actually like to press here next.

I endorse this questioning of Porkens by Sotty7. To that end, I would like to add my own question.
Porkens 269 wrote:The next couple days in the game could drastically change the effects of
[pops']
claim.
How so?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:15 am

Post by Cruciare »

Vi wrote:
Cruciare 280 wrote:I don't like this deadline. The closer to it we get, the weirder some people start to act. I'm starting to draw paranoid interpretations like Sigma's on various players, and it's making me feel uneasy. I may now be willing to lynch like half the people on the playerlist just so we won't have a no lynch.
Explain.
It wouldn't hurt you to be a little clearer, would it?
jammer
jammer
Goon
jammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:26 am

Post by jammer »

Sotty7 wrote:
jammer

Do you always throw your vote around so much?
Nope, does the voting bother you?
afatchic wrote:Pops- Can you please make a nice detailed post about each player and your thoughts on them, as well as who you would like to see lynched in the upcoming days and why... Consider this like your last will and testament since a few people have already said they will hammer you at deadline.
So note: You´re not voting him, see no reason to not trust his doc claim. But doesn´t seem bothered at all with him being voted. Even poking him to make a testament before he dies.

As for the pops vs. TMJ business. It seems those are becoming the lynch targets, I am fine with lynching any of those two. Thinking about it, I think TMJ is the best lynch.
Unvote: Sotty
Vote: TMJ
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:37 am

Post by Vi »

Cruciare 283 wrote:
Vi wrote:
Cruciare 280 wrote:I don't like this deadline. The closer to it we get, the weirder some people start to act. I'm starting to draw paranoid interpretations like Sigma's on various players, and it's making me feel uneasy.
I may now be willing to lynch like half the people on the playerlist just so we won't have a no lynch.
Explain.
It wouldn't hurt you to be a little clearer, would it?
Do you think that a majority will not converge to lynch someone today?
Do you think it would be out of your skill level to campaign for the person you think is most scummy to be lynched? (Who is most scummy IYO, anyway?)
Who is on or off this "half the people on the playerlist"?
How is this terribly different from answering a survey?

Cut by jammer: Nice to see that you don't have many thoughts beyond the bare minimum :roll:
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:50 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I deleted a double post instead of just editing it out so the post numbers for this page have jumped a bit. I'll just edit it out next time.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:51 am

Post by Porkens »

Vi wrote:
Objection.[/quote]

This has enriched my life, I sincerely thank you!.
Vi wrote:I endorse this questioning of Porkens by Sotty7. To that end, I would like to add my own question.
Porkens 269 wrote:The next couple days in the game could drastically change the effects of
[pops']
claim.
How so?
I endorse it too.

A scum claiming doc hopes to preserve his own life and perhaps draw out a/the real doctor. However, a tracker, watcher, or even cop can spoil the fakeclaim. Or a/the real doctor could be killed, and we'd go "wait a minute, TWO doctors?!" So to some extent, I think it's likely to bite him in the ass if he's lying.

I just don't think the risk is worth the reward. I know, it's weird coming from me. And I don't even know if I believe the claim, I'm neutral on it I think. But with other choices available, I think lynching the claimed doctor day 1 is foolhardy.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:52 am

Post by Porkens »

I also second
Edgy
Vi about the deadline. I'm pro-deadline, myself.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:02 am

Post by popsofctown »

I was pressed for a second most suspicious person, so i say porkens and the vague reason for it. I don't feel the need to develop a strong second cantidate until TMJ flips or i'm lynched or nightkilled anyway. After TMJ flips i have more information.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:10 am

Post by imaginality »

Sotty7 266 wrote:imaginality
Do you find Vi scummy for her case on you?
Nope. At a rough summary, Vi's case on me was that I was:

(i) asking about scum doc possibilities for an ulterior motive
(ii) not being clear about whether I want pops lynched or not
(iii) being opportunistic and lurkery

(i) is a perception thing, hopefully my responses to Vi showed that I was asking about scumdoc out of genuine curiosity/caution rather than rolefishing reasons (though 224 indicates Vi still has some doubt about that, but that's okay)

(ii) is fair enough, I can see why Vi wanted to press me about that and get me to clarify where I stood/stand

(iii) hopefully clarifying (ii) made it clearer I wasn't being opportunistic, as for posting frequency I admit I'm not as active at times as I could be, so again I can see where Vi was coming from, though I think my not-always-as-active-as-I-could-be-ness is at least, consistent across most of my games rather than a scumtell since it's due to fluctuations in RL rather than scummy intent.

So, no, I don't think Vi was scummy for making a case on me. And the way in which Vi dropped it when it was clear others weren't joining the wagon seemed okay, too, leaving it with "we need to keep an eye on him" rather than letting it drop completely.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:19 am

Post by Cruciare »

Vi wrote:Do you think that a majority will not converge to lynch someone today?
Do you think it would be out of your skill level to campaign for the person you think is most scummy to be lynched? (Who is most scummy IYO, anyway?)
Who is on or off this "half the people on the playerlist"?
How is this terribly different from answering a survey?
1. I'm specifically talking about Pops, the one who has the highest number of votes currently. I think it's possible that he may not be lynched today. I'm seeing a lack of willingness to vote for a claimed doc. That said, I am expressing my willingness to move my vote as necessary to achieve lynch. If support for a Pops lynch is lacking, we can only lynch someone else if we have the time to reconverge.
2. Yes, I believe it is out of my skill level. I find Pops the most scummy, but the fact that he's claimed doc is an avalanche against my ability to convince other people to lynch him. Like I said, my wanting to lynch Pops is more gut than logic. Even logically, I am starting to have doubts about Pops, not because of Pops himself but because of how some other people are reacting to him. For example, the absence of notable objection to his claim. What do you think about this?
3. So I may have exaggerated about half. I can tell you that Pops, Jammer, and TMJ are definitely on there. You, DRK, Sigma, and myself are definitely not on there. Porkens is almost not on there. As for the others, I'm willing to lynch
certain individuals
under
certain circumstances
, but I won't say anymore. >_>
IT'S ACTUALLY RELEVANT TO THE GAME.
Fun fact, your imperative 'Explain' reminds me of our national assessment standard here in New Zealand, and after a string of exams I'd rather not have to pull a thesis out of my ass from a one word question. This is my cynic's impression what it might look like.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:29 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Vi Post 281 wrote:
Sotty7 266 wrote:
Vi

Why are you voting for Pops? Is the deadline factoring into it?
The only explanation I can come up with for pops' actions at this point is Refuge in Audacity; I know pops can play better than he has so far. (Besides, isn't reading the game you want to replace into BEFORE you jump in kind of what most people do anyway? Then why the surprise?)
The deadline is a factor because it's stifling discussion to a degree, not that I seem to be able to do much about that...
The reason I ask is because you seemed to believe his claim earlier. Am I wrong with that assessment?
jammer Post 283 wrote:
Sotty7 wrote:
jammer

Do you always throw your vote around so much?
Nope, does the voting bother you?
Kinda makes me take your vote less seriously, like you don't believe in your own suspects. If you don't normally do this, why in this game?

I once again find myself agreeing with Porkens post 286. But still I don't know who he finds the most suspicious. The vote on TMJ feels like a settle vote (a vote that is not for a claimed doc) and he didn't name a second suspect when asked. Why the secrecy?

Going out to eat, I'll be back later to post my top suspects.
Tjoe Min Ja
Tjoe Min Ja
Goon
Tjoe Min Ja
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:51 pm

Post by Tjoe Min Ja »

Sotty7 wrote:I once again find myself agreeing with Porkens post 286. But still I don't know who he finds the most suspicious. The vote on TMJ feels like a settle vote (a vote that is not for a claimed doc) and he didn't name a second suspect when asked. Why the secrecy?
porkens
Show
If you pick a fight with one Goblin, be ready to fight them all.
------ESL------
Finish game :
Mini 838: Jeopardy in Jefferson -over- Town - lose
Mini 839 -- Mafia Invasion! -over- scum win
Mini 840. Tajo's I love you Mafia -over- scum - win
StrangerCoug's Worst Nightmare: D├â┬®j├â┬á Bastard -over- Town - win
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:22 pm

Post by Porkens »

hmmm, I see where this suspicion wagon is headed lemme say this now:

The case on me seems to be:

erratic behavior (which hasn't been cited, only fabricated)
a pro-town suggestion (too pro-town must be scum)

in short; crap

TMJ jumping on it is just another senseless action to add to his pile.

I don't have "suspects" insomuch as I have a mental list of "good lynches"

TMJ is the best lynch so far today.
Cruciare wouldn't be terrible either so I guess there's your answer.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”