Newbie 796 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:45 am

Post by startransmission »

This is how it's done folks, even when you're discovered and backed into a corner you keep fighting. I tip my hat to you Orange, I admire your spirit. It's too bad your partner had no spirit, or wit.

I'm not going to change my vote, but if we have time before you're hammered I'd like to address some your points.
orange wrote:Llama seemed to be onto Spongey.
No, not really. He did mention it seemed to him like one mafia admonishing the other, which imo it didn't. I assume this is why you killed llama, to set him up as the martyr who realized what was going on and was killed for it.
orange wrote:ah admits Spongey is his partner.
Oh, well if ah said it it must be true. Like I said earlier, your partner had no wits about him, and this frame job was ridiculous. This works against you instead of for you.
orange wrote:Spongey attempts to play it off as a joke.
No, he didn't. He just mentioned how absurd a frame up it was, and how he hoped others wouldn't be duped. It's difficult to make a joke out of something that was a joke to begin with.
orange wrote:Ah AND Spongey voted eachother early on Day 2. There strategy seemed to be to bus eachother, hoping the other would look good. I did buy it, because I thought junk was scum too, which is why I was voting them, since unlike ah, I was suspicious of him Day 1.
Well, Spongey voted ah right off the bat, and I don't buy that there was any strategy between them. ah reacted to the vote, and when I voted ah myself all of a sudden you jump off the junkaholik train and get on the ah train. When that happens ah hammers himself to end the day quickly, and makes some noise about spongey, probably to keep the heat off of you.

Good game all in all, you had me convinced you were innocent until late yesterday.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
junkaholik
junkaholik
Goon
junkaholik
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:45 am

Post by junkaholik »

actually, if cop didn't claim after star claimed, it can only mean that there is no other claim. besides, if star isn't dead and tomorrow there will still be no claim, what are the odds that he is lying??
spongey_spork
spongey_spork
Townie
spongey_spork
Townie
Townie

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:48 am

Post by spongey_spork »

[quote="OP]"But if star is lying, then why wouldn't anyone counterclaim. WHYYYYYY? If the real cop is out there hiding, then you're absolutely stupid for not coming forward.[/quote]
I'm supposed to counter claim!!!

I hadn't investigated Star or OP yet (star because he seemed the most pro-town to me and OP cause I was more suspicious of others then) I investigated Ah night 1. Out of the other's left, i believed OP to be scum because of the way he has acted. I thought Star was trying to be clever and get a win for the town. Jesus! I'm so effing stupid. I am so sorry, OP. That's why it took so long for me to hammer, I didnt know if I could trust Star's judgement, if this turns out badly, it's all my fault guys but we may still win if we get Star tomorrow.
{SPORKY}

-i like pie pie, you like pie pie, PEACE OUT FOR NOW-
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:48 am

Post by orangepenguin »

"Hm...well, you say you're not going to an...ans......"

The town begins to wrap the rope around the poor orange artic bird's neck. Obviously, he wasn't mafia, just an exotic animal, somehow stuck in this town full of mafia, townies, cops, and doctors.

"Please...help....me..." the penguin squawked.

"PLEASE..SOMEBODY HELP ME!"

Then spongey, the lead suspect as scum, pulled the hammer, and the trap door opened up, instantly breaking the penguin's small, but delicate neck.

"AZGFJAFMALFLALABAH!" the penguin lurched, taking his last breath.
spongey_spork
spongey_spork
Townie
spongey_spork
Townie
Townie

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:49 am

Post by spongey_spork »

Oh sugar. Didn't notice your post til I posted, OP.
{SPORKY}

orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:51 am

Post by orangepenguin »

orangepenguin,
Vanilla Townie
, Lynched Day 3.

(spongey, your claim is ridiculous. If you were cop, I doubt it would be coincidentally star and me - if it was, you would know star was scum, since she was lying about being cop. Spongey is scum, star is telling the truth)

I want star to answer my question - WHO he all investigated and which nights.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:52 am

Post by orangepenguin »

[quote="orangepenguin"]
orangepenguin,
Vanilla Townie
, Lynched Day 3.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:52 am

Post by orangepenguin »

orangepenguin wrote:
orangepenguin,
Vanilla Townie
, Lynched Day 3.
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:52 am

orangepenguin wrote:Star - please explain WHO you investigated and WHEN. If she is alive tomorrow, and doesn't answer this, someone please pressure vote her. There was no Night 0, so for her to investigate 3 people, like she claims, would make her a liar. She argues that her pressuring ah early on makes her claim more believable, but it doesn't. If she is scum, then it would make just as much sense. Cop and doc fake claims are easy for mafia to do, as long as they aren't counter claimed.

There IS a cop though, so if star is lying, please come forward tomorrow. You have a lot of explaining to do, because WTF.
Ok, night one I investigated Kitoari, result was innocent. Night 2 I investigated junkaholik, result was innocent. I never said I investigated ah2190, I knew he was guilty from the start. That was just intuition.

Also, if I'm wrong about OP I can guarantee you I'll live through the night. If I live spongey has somebody to point to. Problem is, we know there is a cop, and I'm claiming it. Anybody care to call me a liar and say they are the cop?
junkaholik
junkaholik
Goon
junkaholik
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:53 am

Post by junkaholik »

i just don't get how the whole voting on the second day started. it seemed pretty ridiculous to me. someone care to explain?? cause the evidence was highly unreliable and ah's self hammer was even more bizarre.

i also don't get why OP would say he'd be willing to lynch ah right off the bat.

then again, OP is the IC here, he was pretty inactive the first day and was quite active starting from the second one. and the killings seem to be in his advantage mostly.
spongey_spork
spongey_spork
Townie
spongey_spork
Townie
Townie

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:53 am

Post by spongey_spork »

It's not rediculous. I can provide evidence of why i investigated those people at that time. How was I supposed to know it isnt normal for somebody not a cop to claim cop, this is my first game!
{SPORKY}

orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:56 am

Post by orangepenguin »

startransmission wrote:
orangepenguin wrote:Star - please explain WHO you investigated and WHEN. If she is alive tomorrow, and doesn't answer this, someone please pressure vote her. There was no Night 0, so for her to investigate 3 people, like she claims, would make her a liar. She argues that her pressuring ah early on makes her claim more believable, but it doesn't. If she is scum, then it would make just as much sense. Cop and doc fake claims are easy for mafia to do, as long as they aren't counter claimed.

There IS a cop though, so if star is lying, please come forward tomorrow. You have a lot of explaining to do, because WTF.
Ok, night one I investigated Kitoari, result was innocent. Night 2 I investigated junkaholik, result was innocent. I never said I investigated ah2190, I knew he was guilty from the start. That was just intuition.

Also, if I'm wrong about OP I can guarantee you I'll live through the night. If I live spongey has somebody to point to. Problem is, we know there is a cop, and I'm claiming it. Anybody care to call me a liar and say they are the cop?
I believe you now, again. The three investigations just didn't add up, but it makes since. I would've investigated junk night 2 too, since I thought he was scum.

Kill SPONGEY
. Star is telling the truth.
junkaholik
junkaholik
Goon
junkaholik
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:56 am

Post by junkaholik »

also, OP, you got hammered. why do you now try to make people change their vote even though you yourself said once a hammer is done nobody can do anything about it??
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:57 am

Post by orangepenguin »

spongey_spork wrote:[quote="OP]"But if star is lying, then why wouldn't anyone counterclaim. WHYYYYYY? If the real cop is out there hiding, then you're absolutely stupid for not coming forward.
I'm supposed to counter claim!!!

I hadn't investigated Star or OP yet (star because he seemed the most pro-town to me and OP cause I was more suspicious of others then) I investigated Ah night 1. Out of the other's left, i believed OP to be scum because of the way he has acted. I thought Star was trying to be clever and get a win for the town. Jesus! I'm so effing stupid. I am so sorry, OP. That's why it took so long for me to hammer, I didnt know if I could trust Star's judgement, if this turns out badly, it's all my fault guys but we may still win if we get Star tomorrow.[/quote][/quote]

You investigated ah, junk, and Kito in the first two nights? LOL. Sorry, but you can only lynch 1 per night.
Kitoari
Kitoari
Goon
Kitoari
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:58 am

Post by Kitoari »

He said it himself - he wants to talk before he's hung, even though it's inevitable.
Interested in doing a Dept. Heaven Large Theme. If you're interested in ironing it out, drop me a line.
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:58 am

spongey_spork wrote:It's not rediculous. I can provide evidence of why i investigated those people at that time. How was I supposed to know it isnt normal for somebody not a cop to claim cop, this is my first game!
Oh shit, sorry Orange. And sorry Exalt, guess I don't owe you a beer. :oops:

Ok spongey, well done. I really didn't even consider you potential scum until only a few posts ago. I guess we'll have to go through another day.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:58 am

Post by orangepenguin »

junkaholik wrote:also, OP, you got hammered. why do you now try to make people change their vote even though you yourself said once a hammer is done nobody can do anything about it??
I am talking about tomorrow. I am not trying to get people to change there minds, but since tomorrow is lylo, and the choice for the lynch is obvious (spongey).
Kitoari
Kitoari
Goon
Kitoari
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:00 am

Post by Kitoari »

It annoys me that we'll have to wait 72 more agonizing hours *sigh*.
Mafia, Cop, make your moves quickly so the night won't last long.
Interested in doing a Dept. Heaven Large Theme. If you're interested in ironing it out, drop me a line.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:00 am

Post by orangepenguin »

spongey_spork wrote:It's not rediculous. I can provide evidence of why i investigated those people at that time. How was I supposed to know it isnt normal for somebody not a cop to claim cop, this is my first game!
The first/second post in the game shows all the available set ups - including 1 cop. None of the scenarios have two. If you were cop, you would've counterclaimed. But you are not the cop, you are the mafia goon.
spongey_spork
spongey_spork
Townie
spongey_spork
Townie
Townie

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:00 am

Post by spongey_spork »

startransmission wrote:

Yes. Me.
I investigated Ah on night 1 and the result said "Guilty". This was why I voted for him during the second day and kept my vote there. I was hardly going to say "I know he's scum" was I? That would out me and I'd be killed night 2. I investigated Kitori Night 2 based on a feeling that he may be scum, the result came back "Innocent" hence why I haven't attacked him at all today.
I honestly believed you were scum OP which was why I let Star claim, as the most pro-town player I had no reason to suspect him. I thought it was something that he may have done in another game or something that worked, which i admit i should have checked out. I will be investigating Starry tonight. If I die tonight, please lynch Star tomorrow.
{SPORKY}

orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:01 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Mafia - They will kill star, unless Spongey seriously wants to try to pull off his fake cop claim. If he kills star, that would just confirm he is scum though, proving that star is the cop.
Cop - Star will investigate the only person he hasn't - spongey.
Kitoari
Kitoari
Goon
Kitoari
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:02 am

Post by Kitoari »

Tomorrow is going to play out as such:(Both star and spongey are suspect here)
Mafia kills me or junkaholic, giving mafia someone to point fingers at (star/spongey).
Junkaholic/Me decides who's telling the truth.
50/50 chance of town winning.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:02 am

Post by orangepenguin »

spongey_spork wrote:
startransmission wrote:

Yes. Me.
I investigated Ah on night 1 and the result said "Guilty". This was why I voted for him during the second day and kept my vote there. I was hardly going to say "I know he's scum" was I? That would out me and I'd be killed night 2. I investigated Kitori Night 2 based on a feeling that he may be scum, the result came back "Innocent" hence why I haven't attacked him at all today.
I honestly believed you were scum OP which was why I let Star claim, as the most pro-town player I had no reason to suspect him. I thought it was something that he may have done in another game or something that worked, which i admit i should have checked out. I will be investigating Starry tonight. If I die tonight, please lynch Star tomorrow.
But you said you investigated everyone except me and star. What happened to junk? :roll:

Okay, I am done. I don't have much to say, except - lynch spongey.
Kitoari
Kitoari
Goon
Kitoari
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:03 am

Post by Kitoari »

And with that, I make my leave. Back in an hour or so to see if this circus is still going on.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:04 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Kitoari wrote:Tomorrow is going to play out as such:(Both star and spongey are suspect here)
Mafia kills me or junkaholic, giving mafia someone to point fingers at (star/spongey).
Junkaholic/Me decides who's telling the truth.
50/50 chance of town winning.
Kito - spongey's claim is so fake. There is no reason to believe it. He didn't counter-claim, he lied about investigated everyone except me and star (Which doesn't add up), and then he voted me in favor of someone who claimed cop - if he was truly the cop, he would've counterclaimed and voted star.

Town has a 100% chance of winning. Just lynch spongey.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”