Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:46 am

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

Day 3 is over. The prisoners for tonight are
Seraphim and icemanE

It is now Night 3. All choices are due 9:00AM Eastern Friday, November 21st, 2008. Any late choices could be subject to nullification or randomization.
The end justifies the means.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:04 pm

The sun seems to be shining much brighter on this 4th day, perhaps an omen to something great awaits the 4 people still present at the town center.

The Police Chief is back and says, "The interrogation process again resulted in both prisoners saying that the other is mafia. So we went to the rock-paper-scissors death match method again earlier this morning. Again both prisoners threw down scissors, which is a tie. Hence both have been executed."

He continues to say, "Last night there were also one person found dead in a neighborhood near the prison. The victim was orangepenguin. Autopsy reports showed that OP was killed by by sniper fire."

He concludes, "Well everyone, all evidence suggests that all evil forces have been eradicated here. Obviously I deserve all the credit..."

"Just kidding! It was all you guys!"

orangepenguin, Protown Master Interrogator, killed Night 3

Seraphim, Mafia Goon, executed Day 4
icemanE, Mafia Godfather, executed Day 4

The Central Scrutinizer, Protown Vanilla Townie, survives
springlullaby, Protown Vanilla Townie, survives
RedCoyote, Protown Vanilla Townie, survives
Knight of Cydonia, Protown 2-shot vigilante with 1-shot bulletproof vest, survives

Town wins!
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:13 pm

Mafia Role PM wrote:SlySly, Seraphim, icemanE:

You 3 are the mafia group. icemanE is the Godfather and is immune to cop investigations. SlySly and Seraphim are Goons. Your group has the following abilities:

- Communicate to each other during nights and in the 48-hour pre-game period. This quicktopic thread below is recommended for doing so. A member in prison may not submit new messages, but may look at the quicktopic thread.

http://www.quicktopic.com/42/H/AEQDRXUsTLYg

- 3 nightkills - You only have 3 nightkills for the entire game. You may only use one nightkill per night. Any member not imprisoned may send in the nightkill.

- 1 Prison Escape Kit – If one of the group members is in prison, this may be used to avoid Prisoner’s Dilemma interrogation. If used the other player in prison would also be freed. The prison escape event and the prison escapist identity will be announced publicly the next day.

- 1 Prison Break-in Kit – This can be used one night to break into the prison and kill on one of the prisoners. This kill does not count towards the 3-nightkill-limit and you may use this kit and a nightkill on the same night. The other prisoner would be freed. The break-in will be publicly announced the next day, but not the identity of the break-in person.

- 1 Police Chief Imposter Kit – The group may use this on one of its members to become the sole decider of who gets sent to prison for the next day. So this is kind of like the king in a kingmaker game. You may use this for Day 1 if you PM me about your decision before the 48-hour pregame period is over.

Hint that might be helpful: there are fakeclaims available with these abilities.
You win with the mafia when all non-mafia forces are eliminated.

Please confirm on the game thread by clicking here. If you have any questions, please ask via PM.
2-shot vig with 1-shot bulletproof vest wrote:DragonsofSummer

You are a 2-shot vigilante with a one-shot bulletproof vest. During each night, you may choose to use one shot to kill a target. You only have two total shots, so use them wisely. You are also protected from the first killer targetting you, but any kill targets afterwards will kill you.
You win with the town when all antitown forces are eliminated.
Please confirm on the game thread by clicking here. If you have any questions, please ask via PM.
FBI Agent wrote:Albert B. Rampage

You are an FBI agent. Once in the game, anytime during any day you may capture two players of your choice to be put into the Prisoner’s Dilemma via PM. The same special rules will apply to those prisoners as the prisoners being interrogated at night. The capturing will be publicly announced but your identity will not. The game will temporarily stop during the interrogation phase and the day will resume afterwards.
Master Interrogator wrote:orangepenguin:

You are a master interrogator. Once during the game, you may use your amazing interrogation and brainwashing abilities to get whatever answers you want out of two prisoners in a Prisoner's Dilemma. So if you want both prisoners to survive, PM me "both X and Y say no", if you want one dead and one get abilities, PM me "X says yes Y says no", etc. If you are imprisoned, you may still use your ability.

Vanilla Townie wrote:humscunter; RedCoyote; Crazy; springlullaby; TonyMontana; CarnCarn:
You are a vanilla townie. You only have the power to vote to send people to prison each day.

CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:13 pm

Post by CarnCarn »

WHOO! Good job town

My initial votes D2 were spot on, as was my thinking on ice early in the game. Nice try trying to pin me as the the Godfather, ice ;)

And why did the two mafia answer yes??
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:14 pm

Choices:

Night 1:
Crazy says "No"
orangepenguin uses ability, makes both himself and Crazy say "No", action nullified by Prison Break-in and ability returned to orangepenguin.
Seraphim uses nightkill #1 on DragonsofSummer. DoS bulletproof vest prevents the kill.
SlySly does Prison Break-in and kills Crazy

Night 2:
CarnCarn says "Yes"
SlySly says "Yes"
CarnCarn throws scissors
SlySly throws scissors
Seraphim uses nightkill #2 on TonyMontana
Knight of Cydonia uses shot #1 on Albert B. Rampage

Night 3:
orangepenguin uses ability to make icemanE and Seraphim say "Yes"
icemanE says "No", then manipulated by orangepenguin to say "Yes"
Seraphim says "No", then manipulated by orangepenguin to say "Yes"
icemanE throws scissors
Seraphim throws scissors
Knight of Cydonia uses shot #2 on orangepenguin
icemanE intends to use Super Police Chief kit on himself, this never materializes
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:27 pm

CarnCarn asked me about sending two scum to prison (which I gave a non-answer response) and repeatly mentioned his speculation about it in this game. In the end CarnCarn was indeed onto something as orangepenguin used his ability in the perfect situation and resulted in the ideal scenario for the town.

That's my initial thoughts, I'll have more in the next couple of days.
CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:33 pm

Post by CarnCarn »

oh, right, OP made them do it. that makes sense.
why couldn't ice use the Super Poliece Chief kit? is it because he was in prison himself?

Also, it's a good think OP didn't use his ability N1 for spring's plan; I didn't realize his ability was one-shot.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:37 pm

Post by SlySly »

Good job town.

Hat's off to the mod for a great game. This theme and setup was very fun to play. Hopefully we will see more of this setup in the future.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:45 pm

Post by CarnCarn »

Machiavellian-Mafia wrote:CarnCarn asked me about sending two scum to prison (which I gave a non-answer response) and repeatly mentioned his speculation about it in this game. In the end CarnCarn was indeed onto something as orangepenguin used his ability in the perfect situation and resulted in the ideal scenario for the town.
I have the PM saved; in case anyone wanted to know for sure:
Machiavellian-Mafia wrote:
CarnCarn wrote:
Machiavellian-Mafia wrote:The game of Mafia in general is about informed minority vs. uninformed majority, so yes the scum team knows each others' identities.
Whether sending two scum into interrogation is a big punishment is debatable.
Well, given the benefits of a No-No outcome, I don't see how sending two scum into interrogation, given that they know each other's identities, is not detrimental to town. Unless there is some hidden penalty for answering wrong or something.
I can't answer further. I'm sure you can discuss this in the game and see where it takes you and the town.
Emphasis added. I did jump to some conclusions, but intuitively I could see prison just being a bad place for scum to be. I was way off about an automatic penalty though.

I'm surprised ice and seraphim went though with their plan to send each other to prison even after OP claimed his powers.

Also, another general comment: I thought something might be rotten after noone asked to me explain my SlySly and Seraphim votes, even though I said I would explain later (but never did).

And thanks to M-M for making this unique setup. It was a lot of fun, although, as town, I was clueless about most of what was going on; moreso than in other games. That was part of the fun, too, for me, trying to figure out what was going on.
Too much setup speculation got me into trouble, but, like I said, I was trying to get some understanding about what was happening.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:35 pm

Post by icemanE »

That's so incomprehensibly weak.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:42 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Wow..I am so glad that worked out good for the town. I figured I was going to be vigged, so I lied, and said I was going to make them both say no. I realized that I shouldn't go by gut, and did the opposite of what I thought, and took a gamble, and made both say yes. Had KoC not vigged me, I probably would've saved my powers, and we wouldn't have won. So in a way, KoC won the game, and in a way, I won my first game. :) Kind of a anticlimax though..
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:20 pm

Post by icemanE »

Yeah, our plan was pretty straightforward. I was planning on taking the daykill, and im sure sera was too. I was the godfather, so i knew i'd never have to worry about being found guilty, which was nice. Wish we'd used the escape kit.

For a few minutes I was actually thinking about saying yes, since I knew sera would have said no. Since I'm godfather I sort of figured I'd have an easy cruise to victory if i killed a scum, but that could have flipped on me, too.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:17 pm

Post by springlullaby »

The mafia was overpowered methink and the town's win was kinda random.

For what it's worth I would have said yes to DOS and Iceman have I been sent to prison.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:47 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Haha! What a crazy night! GG everyone.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:00 am

Post by Seraphim »

I would have loved a game with a similar set-up, except for a Large Theme Game. It was awesome until night 3, lol.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:14 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

And this is why I should always play vig from now on.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:16 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

And this is why I should never play vig from now on.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:32 am

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

LAWL.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:43 am

Post by icemanE »

spring wrote: The mafia was overpowered methink and the town's win was kinda random.
Hmm, I would disagree. You have to keep in mind that we only had 4 total night kills between us, one of those being the break0in kill we used on the first night. Otherwise, we had to have at least one scum out of prison each night in order to make a kill, so think about what would have happened after last night. The NKs wouldn't have happened, then we'd be out of jail, then they would have started again - that would have been tough to play off. Yes, we had the Super police chief kit and the breakout kit, but those are both pretty much death wishes after last night.

I loved this setup and had a lot of fun playing, but I wish there was another mechanism of deciding the outcome of the "both say Yes" situation. For example, a protown judge role, perhaps?
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:05 am

Post by Seraphim »

Here are some points in hindsight:

-First of all, in the event that both of us ended up saying 'yes', having a plan would have been nice. So we both didn't drop scissors or something.

-Next, the hypnotizer role...that seems more like a scum power, honestly. I think that would have been a much more useful role as opposed to the Super Police Chief Ki...it also makes a lot more flavor sense as the Mafia are supposed to be easy. Or maybe the hypo man is a miller too?

-We shoulda killed OP on night 1.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:23 am

Post by orangepenguin »

This was the first time I was ever night killed. EVER. And I was vigged. You obviously couldn't have known how 'useful' I was, and Ice knows how lynchable I am, so you wouldn't have night killed me. :)
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:25 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Was the Crazy kill a frame job?
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:25 am

Post by Seraphim »

I know. But the N1 NK was random. It would have made the game so much easier...T_T
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:30 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Yeah. And I trusted my lover was town too! Yet he was the Godfather all along. How could he do this to me?:'(
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:31 am

Post by Seraphim »

We could have won this game if it wasn't for you meddling townies!

...and your penguin, too.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”