Mini 527 - Doom in Valencia - Game Over!

Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:23 pm

Post by Gorgon »

I agree with Javert here. MeMe's interactions are not 100% reliable, especially since she's an experienced player. I can easily see her varying her interactions with her scumpartners.

Anyway, the Arakorn vote wasn't even that dangerous, IMO. She was the first person to vote for him, and I was the only one who ever followed that vote. She also stated explicitly that she would be willing to switch her vote at the deadline in order to ensure a lynch. It was certainly more dangerous than the Pra vote, but I can easily see it as a scum distancing vote, especially as MeMe left it on at the deadline.

I don't think neko is solidly confirmed by the money press, but I feel that his play has been very townish. He's certainly not a top priority for lynch in my book.

I don't think soupfly should use his rocket tonight. He could easily do so tomorrow night, if the remaining scum is still alive by then.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:09 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Javert wrote:Reading back on MeMe's posts, it is fairly clear that when MeMe voted for Pra a Funkee Homo Sapien in Post 384, her vote was made at a time where it was very likely that Pra was
not
going to be lynched due to a lack of votes near deadline. If there was distancing going on, that is precisely when scum
will
distance because the risk is minimal.

When she voted Arakorn in Post 331, however, it was at a time where lynching Arakorn was possibility, and that was in fact the purpose of her vote. The context of the votes sometimes matter more than the presence of the votes themselves.
Good posting.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Arakorn
Arakorn
Townie
Arakorn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:30 am

Post by Arakorn »

Gorgon wrote: I don't think soupfly should use his rocket tonight. He could easily do so tomorrow night, if the remaining scum is still alive by then.
And if he's dead by then...?
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:34 am

Post by Gorgon »

Arakorn wrote:
Gorgon wrote: I don't think soupfly should use his rocket tonight. He could easily do so tomorrow night, if the remaining scum is still alive by then.
And if he's dead by then...?
Then we'll have two live mason-cops, which is A Good Thing.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:32 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Short on time, but I will say this:

I want to keep Arakorn and Pra alive for the time being, due to mason concerns (and I still have a pro-town read on both).

I don't want to lynch Gorckat today, there are three better targets.

Javert's last few posts have raised his position on my scum list - he's now equal with Gorgon.

I want to reread again before making any final decision.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:26 am

Post by gorckat »

I've also been getting funky vibes from Javert. I can't pin it down. I'm really ok with mbf, Gorgon or Javert today.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:56 am

Post by neko2086 »

I think we should kill Javert. If he is scum, then he will never forget the town that destroyed him and his scumbuddies in a perfect volley of lynches. If he is town, then he will never forget the first game in which he got lynched as town. Either way this will be an epic game for him.
Javert wrote:
Reading back on MeMe's posts, it is fairly clear that when MeMe voted for Pra a Funkee Homo Sapien in Post 384, her vote was made at a time where it was very likely that Pra was not going to be lynched due to a lack of votes near deadline. If there was distancing going on, that is precisely when scum will distance because the risk is minimal.

When she voted Arakorn in Post 331, however, it was at a time where lynching Arakorn was possibility, and that was in fact the purpose of her vote. The context of the votes sometimes matter more than the presence of the votes themselves.

Good posting.
Is MBF even trying anymore? I think he's a good pick for today, but it's up to you, tar. Javert would be my second choice. I'm never impressed by people who tell you repeatedly that they're town.
In Tartiflette We Trust
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:57 am

Post by neko2086 »

EBWOP:

Both of those quotes are from MBF. The second quote is a quote of Javert that MBF quoted and said as a comment: "good posting." I should stop trying to copy and paste everything
In Tartiflette We Trust
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:16 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

The first post was humor, the second post was serious. And what do you mean "trying anymore"? I only recently replaced into this game.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:55 pm

Post by neko2086 »

If the first post was humorous and the second was pointless, what are you contributing, exactly?
In Tartiflette We Trust
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:30 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

I was agreeing with Javert's assessment of the situation and complementing him on his logic.

So, are we going to lynch me or not? Right now it looks like that's where we're going, and if that's the case then I'm not going to bother forcing myself to read all 500 pages of the game to give you all a half-assed guess as to who is scum. Instead, I'll just do a quick recap of where I stand so far:

Probably town: MBF > Tar > Fly > Neko
Neutral: Javert > Arakorn > Pra > Gorgon
Probably scum: gorckat

vote: gorckat

Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:44 pm

Post by Javert »

Instead of reading all 500 pages, would you mind at least outlining some reasons for the gorckat vote?

~~~~~

I will point out that my latest posts are clearly not outlining concerns coming solely from
me
-- Gorgon, mikeburnfire, and to some extent, Arakorn, have echoed them. Despite the four of us being 'unconfirmed',
at least
three of us are pro-town. As such, you can be sure our worries are quite
legitimate
, and should not be dismissed as quickly as you appear to be dismissing them. Instead of reading our concerns as "they are more likely to be scum" (which it appears neko2086, Tarhalindur, and gorckat are doing), I implore you to instead think how the game looks from
our
positions, and what our thoughts would naturally be concerning the players who are essentially being written off as 'town' without any confirmation. The point of mafia is to upturn every stone for critical examination, not say "this one looks okay" and leave it lying there.

As it happens, I am actually starting to second-guess my earlier assessment of mikeburnfire being the best lynch, but I will reserve judgment until after he explains his gorckat vote.
"I was born with scum like you."
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:01 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

I just tried a reread on the thread.

I will grant that Javert has a point about not trusting Neko just yet, but I still think that neko is very likely tp be town (he came under heavy fire D1 and stayed on Sikario/DR for the majority of the day). I'll keep an eye on him, but I don't think we should lynch him just yet.

I'm getting some cold feet about MBF myself - as much a gut feeling as anything else.
Unvote

The player that stood out the most during the second reread was Gorgon - he was the other player on the Arakorn wagon, and I think I'm seeing the IIoA (Information Instead of Analysis) tell in Gorgon's posts. In particular, I can't see much if any actual scumhunting in Gorgon's posts - just theory and following in others' footsteps.
Vote: Gorgon
for now, look over his posts again later.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:11 pm

Post by soupfly »

unvote: if necessary

vote: gorgon
<-- all follow tar's lead. now might be the time to claim gorgon.

i'm almost positive that my trumpet is an alarm system that can protect players so i'll be using it to protect tar. if there's a doc out there they can also protect tar to be safe or protect me to block another lynch. i doubt they'll try and lynch tar again but you never know.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
Arakorn
Arakorn
Townie
Arakorn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:24 pm

Post by Arakorn »

Vote: gorgon

Following Tar's lead..

Anyone know the tally?
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:15 am

Post by Gorgon »

Well, I'm not happy with this development, but I am a vanilla townie, so I'm expendable. Good luck.
I want to concentrate on playing one game at a time so I'm not available for replacements. If this changes I will change this sig accordingly.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:21 am

Post by gorckat »

Javert wrote:Instead of reading all 500 pages, would you mind at least outlining some reasons for the gorckat vote?
Indeed.

FoS: mbf
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:54 am

Post by Gorgon »

Since I'm still alive, I might as well offer my opinion as to my suspicions. I don't have that much to back it up though. This is just my general feeling at the moment.

From most suspect to least suspect:

mike - Arakorn - Pra - gorckat - Javert - neko - soupfly - Tar
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:37 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Okay, I had a reason for my vote. I was browsing some of the earlier pages and saw that gorckat said something really scummy along the lines of "I don't care who dies" or "I'm scum" or something, but now I can't find it. Bah, this is what happens when I post at 2am.

unvote

neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:39 am

Post by neko2086 »

Well, I'm not happy with this development, but I am a vanilla townie, so I'm expendable. Good luck.
Appeal to emotion?
vote: Gorgon
In Tartiflette We Trust
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:45 am

Post by Gorgon »

neko2086 wrote:Appeal to emotion?
That's a very simplistic interpretation of what I said. You just went up my suspicion list.

The entire context of my post was that I had accepted my fate. I wasn't asking anyone to reconsider based on emotional appeals - just stated that I was unhappy that I was to be lynched, since I know I'm innocent.

I'm at what, four votes now? One more will probably do it, but since Tar has decided, I think I'm going down no matter what. Also, I've claimed vanilla, so there's no real reason for you not to lynch me, per se.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:46 am

Post by gorckat »

mbf wrote:Okay, I had a reason for my vote. I was browsing some of the earlier pages and saw that gorckat said something really scummy along the lines of "I don't care who dies" or "I'm scum" or something
me wrote:I will wagon whomever needs to be wagonned to lynch. At this point, I just want this fucking game to go to night so that something will happen.
This was the end of my 57th post and probably what you saw.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:50 am

Post by Gorgon »

... although I must say that neko didn't climb that high up. His play, apart from that last vote, has been good so far.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:03 am

Post by gorckat »

At this point, I think we're best off not going circles and proceeding with Tar's plan.

I think soup should do what he sees fit, either offing the player he has the best read on that Tar left in his 'not to be investigated'/'not a mason' groupings, or protecting Tar. Better to leave scum guessing entirely.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:04 am

Post by neko2086 »

Even though you didn't directly ask for people to reconsider this vote, the appeal to emotion is still there. If you can make people believe that you're townie by saying that you are, perhaps they'll change their mind. Scum can offer up their "last piece of advice" in a last ditch effort to appear helpful.

I really would have preferred to lynch MBF or Javert, but your latest posts are somewhat troubling.
In Tartiflette We Trust

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”