Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:58 am

Post by Elias_the_thief »

TheHermit wrote:This sounds to me like someone sees rumblings against him, and he picks the most publicly dubious of his attackers to make a case against him solely so he can throw back a "But you're scummy!" claim and deflect suspicion back to me. Fine, Elias, I'll bite. But just so you know, I don't think this is going to go your way.
Firstly, yay for conjectures and putting words in my mouth! Good job! Secondly, If this doesnt go my way, then this doesnt go the towns way either, seeing as I'm protown. Also, what is suspicious about trying to deflect suspicion on yourself and onto someone who is suspicious, even if you could prove I was doing it? I have a townie have the exact same amount of motivation that a scum would have...so why does this make me scum?
TheHermit wrote: For starters, there's the double-talk. Elias has claimed over and over again that he shouldn't be suspected for voting Nelly because he had no intention of lynching (an unprovable statement), while at the same time claiming that my lone vote on oj is worthy of stringing me up.
I love how you misrepresent me and present opinion as fact. It's nice. I never once wanted to lynch you on that one vote alone. Are you insane? I've presented large amounts of evidence against which I plan to dredge up and post again when I finish my reread. Do you honestly just read my posts and not look at them at all? Because you're totally misrepresenting my reasons for voteing for you.
TheHermit wrote: Let me put that another way: according to him, putting the third vote on a non-contributor (decent chance of turning into a lynch)
Look! Opinion as fact again! I'm loving this! Pray tell, oh great Hermit, what is the chances of putting the third vote on someone turning into a lynch, if they are decent? Oh thats right, you have no clue. And even if you did, it would be based purely on your experience...and that has to do with the particular players in your game and what not...
If youre not getting this, "let me put that another way": Games are completely different from eachother, since the basis of the likelihood of things happening is dependant entirely on the players in the game. Guess what? This game has different players then any others you've been in (bar maybe a few). So how do you know the chances of that turning into a lynch? Simple answer: you dont.
TheHermit wrote: Let me put that another way: according to him, putting the third vote on a non-contributor (decent chance of turning into a lynch) is less scummy than putting the first vote on a non-contributor (almost no chance of turning into a lynch).
You ignore the fact that the chances of things actually happening is purely irrelevant to whether an action is scummy. They are inadverdant consequences. Do you not see that you must look at things in terms of intent? Obviously I cant prove that I was voting for pressure, but even unwritten purposes are better then flat out claiming that you want him dead for not contributing, which is what you did. It is the intentions that make your actions scummy, not these made up "chances" that you keep bringing up.
TheHermit wrote: I shouldn't need to explain why this makes him look scummy: his viewpoints change depending on whether it puts suspicion on him or not.
What are you talking about? This stems entirely from you misunderstanding my process of scumhunting (ie looking at reasoning not hypothetical lynch possibilities). Since you dont understand how I decided what is suspicious, doesnt mean you make up some bogus reason for my opinions and present as if I said it myself. Putting words in my mouth for the win.
TheHermit wrote: Right about now, Elias, you're probably thinking of deflecting suspicion by saying that I wasn't voting for pressure, I was trying to lynch him. I shall ask one question: "How dumb do you think I am?" .
Dumb enough to post it as your primary reason for voting him apparently. It would appear that you didnt see anything wrong with it until it was pointed out.
TheHermit wrote: Do you assume that, if I were scum, I would vote an anti-town (but not yet proven scum) player while admitting it was scummy to do so?
You only admitted to that after you were pressured. What you are referring to is what I like to call the most obvious backtrack of the game.
TheHermit wrote: How would that accomplish getting him voted out? It would not. No town is collectively stupid enough to follow a bandwagon like that. So in exchange for drawing attention and making myself look suspicious, Scum!Hermit would have achieved absolutely nothing.
If you had not been pressured, you would have never called it scummy. Not to mention that the intelligence of the town is nothing you can just assume...I mean you guys are trying to lynch me, which will screw the town. I swear it. I will post this seperately and address the second half in a second.
I play the games rul gud.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:17 am

TheHermit wrote: Also, pay very close attention... these are the exact reasons I gave for being suspicious of Elias yesterday:
TheHermit wrote:Elias - I find it hilarious that the same guy who claims my vote for oj was poor was going to lynch Nelly on page 6 for no other reason than because he self-voted. And was going to lynch him over me, even though he claims to be more suspicious of me! Can anyone else see the inherent contradiction here? It seems to me like he jumped on Nelly's wagon because it looked like a convenient ride to a lynch even though he knew there was probably a stronger case against me. I don't like the concept of voting in favor of convenience over legitimate suspicions AT ALL. That's a huge scumtell in my mind. Even after rereading vollkan interrogating him my mind hasn't changed on this, especially given how he continually avoided questions (see vollkan point this out in post 253, which is probably where I got the "shifty" impression from).
Alright...lets just take a look at what you accuse me of....
"
the same guy who claims my vote for oj was poor was going to lynch Nelly on page 6 for no other reason than because he self-voted.
"
WRONG!!! I had reasons for voting nelly besides the self vote, AND I never intended to lynch nelly. You just made that up and presented it as fact. As I said, voting for someone =/= intention to lynch.

"
And was going to lynch him over me, even though he claims to be more suspicious of me!
"
Where did I say this? You cant find the post? Oh thats right, I never posted that, and it is fact yet another opinion of mine that you made up. I never said anything at all about lynching nelly over you.

"
It seems to me like he jumped on Nelly's wagon because it looked like a convenient ride to a lynch even though he knew there was probably a stronger case against me.
"
What?!? If you had a stronger case, how could Nelly's lynch possibly be more convenient? Not to mention this is presenting your opinion as fact once again.

"
Even after rereading vollkan interrogating him my mind hasn't changed on this, especially given how he continually avoided questions (see vollkan point this out in post 253, which is probably where I got the "shifty" impression from).
"
You do realize that the reason Vollkan thought I was evading the question was because he misunderstood my point right? And that he later admits that I didnt make a contradiction? Ill quote him if you want, but you claim to have read the "interrogation".
TheHermit wrote:
And what was your response then?
Elias_the_thief wrote: I went over time and time again how I never intended to lynch Nelly, only pressure him. You do realize that voting someone does not necessarily mean you want them lynched right?
What a comeback. I'd like to point out that he didn't actually address
any
of the points I made, those being:

1) He accused me on the EXACT same grounds that he has been accused (voting a non-contributor), yet feel that suspicion against me is warranted and suspicion against him is "BS".
You did NOT make this point in your post. You said I was trying to lynch someone based on noncontribution. They are totally different points, and dont try to pretend you actually said that. Plus, I was suspicious of you for trying to lynch a noncontributor, not just voting him. If you had just voted him, I wouldnt have found it odd in the least.
TheHermit wrote: 2) Even though he was more suspicious of me, he voted Nelly because Nelly had more votes. (He admits as much in post 211) Come now, who but scum would benefit from actions like that?
Town who want to create more pressure and create discussion? Do you know anything about mafia at all? Bandwagons are good for town.
TheHermit wrote: 3) He has a history of dodging questions and suspicions instead of answering them. Kinda like he did just now.
Dodging points...you mean the ones that you just made up, and that werent actually in your original reasoning for suspecting me? So I have a history eh? How about giving me an example of me dodging a question that HASNT been proven to be someone misunderstanding one of my points?
TheHermit wrote: That is why
I
am suspicious of you, Elias. Although I'd love to hear from everyone else why they are suspicious of you so I know whether I'm on the right track.
Dodged points that you didnt actually make, and made up opinions that I never had. Good reasoning Hermit.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:25 am

Setael wrote:Still need to do a re-read, but I find this whole thing scummy, and Elias telling me I'm getting on his nerves is not going to make me drop the argument:

First Elias says this:
Elias wrote:Moving on, I expected Vollkan to get killed, being the most obvious protown player, and also since killing him off protrays me in a scummy light. In light of this, I'm going to remind everyone that discussion is our friend. Im going to reread.

Then I say this:
Setael wrote:This looked more like an argument Elias thought up when he decided who to NK, and then wanted to beat us to the punch
He responded with:
Elias wrote:erm...what? The obvious scum move when making a kill is to take out the most obviously protown player (when there are lack of power roles)...I was simply saying that it makes me look worse because of my interactions with Vollkan. I'm getting really annoyed at how you look at every little post and say "oh he could be doing this as scum", when its equally likely I was trying to make a post with some content before I reread (still in progress). Basically youre WIFOMing the hell out of me, and its getting on my nerves.
Notice how he doesn't really respond to my actual suspicion. I never disagreed that vollkan was very likely going to be the mafia's target last night. What I'm saying is the fact that he brought it up the way he did looked scummy.
Setael wrote:This looked more like an argument Elias thought up when he decided who to NK,
This is accusing me of using this to cover my NK, which relies entirely on me being scum, which NO ONE has been able to argue convincingly. Not to mention it is total conjecture and total opinion.

Elias said Vollkan was also killed because
Elias wrote:killing him off protrays me in a scummy light.
Setael wrote: So he's assuming scum killed Vollkan to frame him (Elias)...
Actually, youre assuming I assumed that. I simply said that the action does that. I didnt say that the action was decided on this basis.
Elias wrote: or at least he's trying to make sure he beats us to making that argument, so that it loses it's umph.
Conjecture.
Elias wrote:So pointing out that he thinks scum killed vollkan to frame him just looks scummy to me.
I didnt point that out. I said the kill portrays me scummily, not that this was the rationale behind it. What is with you guys and putting words in my mouth?
Elias wrote: Like he's trying to shoot down the argument before it can begin.
This is anti town? Wouldnt a townie have the same motivation to shoot down arguments against him that are illogical?
Elias wrote: Like I said, it looks pre-planned. I can just see ScumElias thinking "Well we're killing vollkan, but people might think that makes me look scummy so I better say something about it right away before any of them can."

Conjecture. Do you have fun presenting opinion as fact? It seems to be all you and Hermit are capable of doing.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:26 am

curiouskarmadog wrote: The vollkan/Elias exchange was very time consuming to read, but there are some good points there.
Read closer. Vollkan, proven townie, admitted it was a meta debate in the end and he actually had no evidence in the end. Are you seriously convinced that I'm scum by his admittal of error?
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:29 am

gorckat wrote:
ckd wrote: I am noticing somethings in the reread that I missed before, but need to finish to be sure.
Same here. I'm seeing things that convinced me the first time (that Elias was scum) and they still make good sense (reading Elias' posts alone and the buildup to the Oman vig, for the most part so far).

Elias noting SPAG as town with so little to go on rings like Oman finding Elias town over pulse with me.
How about posting an entire case instead of bits and pieces? Its hard for me to refute your arguments if you never post them together. Give me one solid case that I can defend myself from.

In other news,
MOD: can we get prods/replacement on inactives?

Also, Hermit, I think its really ridiculous that you call me evasive when I've done the best job defending myself out of all of you...

Prodding Nelly and Jordan -Mod
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:59 am

Post by Setael »

Setael wrote:Like he's trying to shoot down the argument before it can begin.
Elias wrote:This is anti town? Wouldnt a townie have the same motivation to shoot down arguments against him that are illogical?
You neglected to mention the clincher - the fact that you were shooting down an argument before it ever began. Sure, Townies are going to shoot down arguments, but imo mafia is more likely to pre-plan defenses to arguments that have not yet been brought up.
Nelly632
Nelly632
Goon
Nelly632
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:23 pm

Post by Nelly632 »

I am still here...
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:28 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Elias_the_thief wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote: The vollkan/Elias exchange was very time consuming to read, but there are some good points there.
Read closer. Vollkan, proven townie, admitted it was a meta debate in the end and he actually had no evidence in the end. Are you seriously convinced that I'm scum by his admittal of error?
interesting, I never said I thought you were scum..
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:50 pm

curiouskarmadog wrote:
Elias_the_thief wrote:
Then why did you say you were considering joining my wagon yesterday? For kicks and giggles?
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:52 pm

Setael wrote:
Setael wrote:Like he's trying to shoot down the argument before it can begin.
Elias wrote:This is anti town? Wouldnt a townie have the same motivation to shoot down arguments against him that are illogical?
You neglected to mention the clincher - the fact that you were shooting down an argument before it ever began. Sure, Townies are going to shoot down arguments, but imo mafia is more likely to pre-plan defenses to arguments that have not yet been brought up.
Setael wrote:
but imo
mafia is more likely to pre-plan defenses to arguments that have not yet been brought up
first of all, "imo" is the important thing to notice here. Second of all, I've been playing mafia a LONG time now, and I know this argument always surfaces after a NK of someone who was extremely opposed to another. Why would I want to waste time by waiting for someone to bring it up to refute it, when I could just do save time by doing it beforehand?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:28 pm

Elias_the_thief wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:
Elias_the_thief wrote:
Then why did you say you were considering joining my wagon yesterday? For kicks and giggles?
good point, guess I do find you scummy at this point in the reread...

please provide the post that vollakn admitted his error?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:29 pm

Nelly632 wrote:I am still here...
any comment on how Day 1 went?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:02 pm

vollkan, idk the # wrote:In other words, the argument with Elias has been whittled down to him voting on the basis of what I don't think is a scumtell.
Unvote
. Evidently we just play in very different ways.
vollkan 339 wrote:I tend to drag out the arguments to an extent, because the strategy depends on a large amount of questioning.

I then find that people do one of two things:
1) Like Elias, their explanations are consistent. Any grievances minor or major are resolved (This excludes the Oman list, but I think that could become more helpful later on)
2) Like Hermit, they resort to contradictory and ever-changing explanations.
Two instances of him admitting that our debate was resolved with my reasoning being consistent. The onyl problem he has with with me is entirely metagame based, because he doesnt agree with a certain scumtell that I agree with.

Post with my entire case against Hermit coming tomorrow.
Nelly632
Nelly632
Goon
Nelly632
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:03 pm

Post by Nelly632 »

any comment on how Day 1 went
Day went actually went better then I would have expected, we knew we were going to lose Volkan during the night but atleast he took out scum with him on Day One. Truth be told my vote changed to Paradoxombie based on your confidence in his guilt. Now that Day Two is upon us and he has been proven guilty you would assume that I would immediatly turn toward you but that is not the case.

I believe that you were confident that he was scum but being sure of something and it turning out to be wrong does not make you scum.

I still have my thoughts on Hermit & Spag and the truth be told I am personally choosing between them right now and once I decide I will post more.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:14 pm

Nelly632 wrote:
any comment on how Day 1 went
Day went actually went better then I would have expected, we knew we were going to lose Volkan during the night but atleast he took out scum with him on Day One. Truth be told my vote changed to Paradoxombie based on your confidence in his guilt. Now that Day Two is upon us and he has been
proven guilty
you would assume that I would immediatly turn toward you but that is not the case.

I believe that you were confident that he was scum but being sure of something and it turning out to be wrong does not make you scum.

I still have my thoughts on Hermit & Spag and the truth be told I am personally choosing between them right now and once I decide I will post more.
I assume you mean "proven innocent" (bolded area)...and yes I was sure tha Para was scum...I just dont like the way that he played and what clinched it for me was the misquoting to push a false case.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:17 pm

There would be no fault in pushing a lynch of para, were it not for the fact that a better wagon on Hermit was going on simultaneously. Of course, thats completely my opinion. I will only find your puch for a para lynch suspicious if Hermit comes up as scum.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:16 am

Elias_the_thief wrote:There would be no fault in pushing a lynch of para, were it not for the fact that a better wagon on Hermit was going on simultaneously. Of course, thats completely my opinion. I will only find your puch for a para lynch suspicious if Hermit comes up as scum.
I believe your bandwagon was going on as well, does that make me scummy if you come up scum as well?

back to the read
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:21 am

Post by gorckat »

Elias wrote:How about posting an entire case instead of bits and pieces? Its hard for me to refute your arguments if you never post them together. Give me one solid case that I can defend myself from.
While going over your posts, I got hung up on the fact that you called Hermit's 101 (iirc) a backtrack and something like a common cum tactic/move when caught, but didn't get back to him after unvoting Nelly. I also got stuck on "pressure" and why it made sense to vote Nelly when you did, but not unvote when he was at -1.

Going over it all again (loads to read, as you know :P) I'm again satisfied with your answers to those questions.

What I'm stuck on is Oman's actions- the list ordering and declaration that you were more town than pulse. Since there's no way to get Oman's input on them, I'm inclined to go with my gut on how it makes you look.
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:34 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Rereading SPAG's posts, I really don't like what he's done, he seemed to push Paradox's wagon subtly, and when he was sure that Para was going to be lynched, place the hammer on him. I've underlined the important parts of the posts below.
SPAG, 3 days before the hammer wrote:Ok, although i haven't been able to read through the whole thread,
a selection of you seem pretty sure on Para, and from what i have read on him (I looked through his posts) he is looking like the prime suspect at the moment.

Well, I'm going to go with it.
vote : para
I just hope we are right.

SPAG, a day before the hammer wrote:
I think he is scummy, yes, but i am yet to read the thread properly.
Since we have a fortnight (almost) until the deadline, I have plenty of time to have a read through and cast a thoughtful vote rather than a quick one on the first person i suspect.
Then we have the hammer.
SPAG's hammer wrote:Oh yeah, i forgot to say good job on Oman I trust you will be protected.

Well, i think i'm going to go for it and place my vote on him.

Vote: Paradoxombie

I just hope we are right.
Why does he say "I hope we are right" twice? The bit that particularly catches my eye is the "we" bit, I think he's trying a bit too hard to seem part of the town.

Also, in the post a day before the hammer, he says
SPAG wrote:Since we have a fortnight (almost) until the deadline, I have plenty of time to have a read through and cast a thoughtful vote rather than a quick one on the first person i suspect.
The next day, he hammers, saying "I hope we're right" Terribly scummy if you ask me.

I think this combined with Setael's case makes me confident enough to
Vote: SPAG
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
Shanba
Shanba
So win
Shanba
So win
So win

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:47 am

Post by Shanba »

crap. Totally forgot about this game.
(10:50:24 PM) xcaykex: GODDAMNIT I DONT WANNA GET RID OF MY TENTACLE RAPE PORN

Ribbit.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:48 am

Lacking the time to finish the reread at the moment. However, just noticed that Elias felt it was worthy to note that vollkan apparently said his argument with Elias was moot, but didn’t find it necessary to comment on why he thought SPAG was town in post 284.

Please do so now.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:21 am

Post by gorckat »

Skimming back to Elias' player reviews (in two posts):
SPAG: All his posts have given me a town feel, though no one post stands out. Official Opinion: Town
9 posts, all brief (~3-5 sentences each)
SirTornado: None of his posts seem scummy to me. His posts agree with many of mine, and he seems to have town's best interest at heart. Official Opinion: Probably Town
8 posts, including a long review of action at the tail end of the DFN action, some short
Pulsewidth: Um, barely enough posts to analize. Official Opinion: Undecided, slightly scummy looking
8 posts, 2 very long

Even though he agrees with Sir T, he can't pin him down as town as solidly as SPAG, who didn't have as much content as pulse, whom he said he didn't have enough to get a read on?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:50 am

Post by Setael »

MoD can we please get a prod on SPAG?

Prodding SPAG -Mod
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:55 am

SPAG has been replaced or killed for looking in all of his games...even the game he was modding a back up mod has taken over..
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:56 am

gorckat wrote:Skimming back to Elias' player reviews (in two posts):
SPAG: All his posts have given me a town feel, though no one post stands out. Official Opinion: Town
9 posts, all brief (~3-5 sentences each)
SirTornado: None of his posts seem scummy to me. His posts agree with many of mine, and he seems to have town's best interest at heart. Official Opinion: Probably Town
8 posts, including a long review of action at the tail end of the DFN action, some short
Pulsewidth: Um, barely enough posts to analize. Official Opinion: Undecided, slightly scummy looking
8 posts, 2 very long

Even though he agrees with Sir T, he can't pin him down as town as solidly as SPAG, who didn't have as much content as pulse, whom he said he didn't have enough to get a read on?
I was concentrating much harder on posting my opinions of the players I found scummy/defending myself. My posts were lacking I suppose in tersm of why I thought people were town. Also, there is more to posts then just how long they are. There is also what they are about and how well reasoned they are. You're coming from the assumption that I base all of my opinions on amount and length of posts, which is ridiculous.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”