Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:48 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Free Popcorn!

Another day is almost over in our beloved city, Nox Hill.
A bunch of avatarless people discuss which is the best flavor of popcorn, "waiting for Thorn" or "waiting for Cephir":

thinktank
: I like waiting for Thorn, but I prefer waiting for Cephir.
ZONEACE
: I like them both.
Flyinghawk
: I agree with zoneFace.
Kanaga
: Right now, I think we should taste a little waiting for Thorn, and then have a bit of waiting for Cephir. Then we can decide if we choose one of them or move on to a new flavor.

Their conversation is interrupted by the arrival of the popcorn man, who came to deliver the town's daily fix of popcorn.
All players gather around him desperate for their fair share of popcorn.

Sonicpulsar
: mmm, I love waiting for Thorn!
Kison
: I enjoy waiting for Cephir very much.
Tarhalindur
: Waiting for Thorn blows my mind!
curiouskarmadog
: Just thinking of waiting for Cephir makes me salivate.
killerbob
: I can't stand waiting for Thorn, but waiting for Cephir is wonderful!
Twomz
: Waiting for Thorn is a little bitter, but very nutritive.
Blight
: Waiting for Cephir gives me tummy ache. That's why waiting for Thorn is my only option.
WhoMe?
: Waiting for Cephir brings me childhood memories!
ChocolateAttack
: I'm in doubt if I should change my name "Waiting for Thorn Attack" or "Waiting for Cephir attack"
davidangelsummers
: And to think we don't have those flavors in Norway... :(

All players seem happy, and that makes the popcorn man feel accomplished. But he notices not all players are eating.
In a corner, a little boy looks silently at his popcorn.

popcorn man
: Anything wrong, kid?
dybeck
: Mister, I've just been thinking: Can we have popcorn forever?
popcorn man
: Not forever, son. One time the day has to end.
The town took three weeks only waiting for this and waiting for that, and participating less and less. If you can’t decide in, like, two more weeks I’m afraid a decision will have to be taken for you.

Those last few words made the rest f the players silent as well.
The popcorn man put on his hat and goes away to deliver his popcorn no one knows where.

MOD NOTICE:

Deadline has been extended to 14 days.
Unless activity improves A LOT and there is REAL discussion going on by that date there won't be any more extensions on Day 2. So consider this deadline as final.
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
-The Scummies 2006 - Red Carpet and Ceremony![/i]
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:53 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Wikipedia wrote: In northern Europe, there are also tales about people changing into animals including bears, as well as wolves.
FOURTEENTH VOTECOUNT

Thorn
(5) - Kison , WhoMe? , davidangelsummers , Kanaga , Blight

Cephrir
(3) - dybeck , curiouskarmadog , killerbob
dybeck
(1) - Cephrir
Twomz
(1) - Thorn

Not voting
(7): Sonicpulsar , Tarhalindur , thinktank , ZONEACE , Flyinghawk , Twomz , ChocolateAttack

Needed for a lynch: 9 votes
Final deadline: 14 days

If by deadline no one has 9 votes player with more votes is lynched
If two players have same number of votes lynch is decided by duel
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
-The Scummies 2006 - Red Carpet and Ceremony![/i]
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:59 am

Post by ZONEACE »

Dead Rikimaru wrote:
ZONEACE
: I like them both.

I FEEL COMPLETELY MISREPRESENTED AND DEMAND AN INQUIRY...lol, jk

but seriously, i love free popcorn, and the new deadline, and the random things you add throughout the game Dead.
Late twenties, early Thursdays
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:33 am

Post by WhoMe? »

Toffee or plain?
Show
As Town: 3/8
As Scum: 3/4

Survived/Lynched/Nked/Other:

3/7/2/0
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:34 am

Post by Twomz »

Twomz: Waiting for Thorn is a little bitter, but very nutritive.
WTF? Nutritive?
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Sonicpulsar
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:37 am

Post by Sonicpulsar »

Why does it seem like the primary targets of wagons tend to either be people who post way, way too much or people who don't post much at all?

Supposedly we'll hear from Cephrir today (happy scum day by the way). I look forward to it.
"Truth and Falsehood were bathing. Falsehood came out of the water first and dressed herself in Truth's clothes. Truth, unwilling to put on the garments of Falsehood, went naked." - Unknown
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:29 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I still don't have time to do a PBPA like I was planning to, and I don't think I will anytime soon. So here's the gist of it.

He rarely explains himself and calls out other for being unhelpful, while he himself is not particularly helpful, and is not actively scumhunting. He's constantly insisting that I am scum though he has yet to give a reason other than "I think everyone not voting Karen can see why". He really didn't give much of a reason for his suspicions of ZONEACE either:
It was very clear to
some people
yesterday that the bandwagon on Karen was based on spiderwebs and fairydust and that our best option was to carry on discussion until we had some more information.
To pretend otherwise is more than idiocy, it's a blatant lie.
Quite a jump there from "it was very clear to some people" to "it's a blatant lie to believe otherwise". Also, it's just plain wrong. There were plenty of reasons to vote Karen, and I'm pretty sure nearly everyone in the game has accepted that it had to happen eventually. But whatever. More importantly, be attacks Zoneace almost entirely based on the fact that they don't agree. I suspect that he may also suspect me because I disagree with him on that point, but he hasn't posted a reason so anything I say to that point is entirely conjecture.

He insisted (and continues to insist) that the Karen wagon was baseless, which as I have already said in my argument with CKD, is not true.
Of course the ironic thing is that she might well BE scum! But my belief is that there's absolutely nothing to suggest either way.
Right, but she was a bad player and therefore useless blah blah we've all heard this a million times. Yet even after admitting this, he continues to rave about the baselessness of the wagon to make others look scummy, even into Day 2. It doesn't make any sense.

Also, as everyone probably should have noticed (although I don't believe I've seen it posted), dybeck and CKD agree on pretty much everything. So, just an advance warning: If one turns up scum I will be gunning for the other extremely hard the next day.

There you go. Bad logic, lack of explanation for his suspicions (and therefore baseless accusations), inability to accept the fact that Karen could never be relied on and had to be lynched eventually. I posted this almost entirely stream-of-consciousness, so forgive me if some parts of it don't make any sense.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:21 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

speaking of bad logic.

and you agreed with zoneface day 1, what do you draw from that..same logic?

so if Daybeck turns up scum, I am guilty beause I didnt want to lynch the easiest person to lynch day 1(my choice had nothing to do with dybeck)?..ahhh, now thats sound logic..what happens if dybeck "turns up" town, same logic, I must be town right?

What a mastermind you are to catch two scum agreeing with each other so openly....you been playing this game for a year huh?

Excuse me while I pull up my socks here, BS is getting pretty deep.

Not only did Cephirr strongly push for a townie lynch yesterday..he is pushing crap logic today..

anyone else see this?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:59 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I don't really get what you're saying here.
so if Daybeck turns up scum, I am guilty beause I didnt want to lynch the easiest person to lynch day 1(my choice had nothing to do with dybeck)?..ahhh, now thats sound logic..
what happens if dybeck "turns up" town, same logic, I must be town right?
Oh, come on. You don't have to try so hard to misinterpret my words, do you? You two agree on EVERYTHING. And putting your opinion yesterday in such a blatantly biased light is really not helping my opinion of you either. If he's town, you aren't necessarily town, no. Scumbuddies are linked together by agreement. Townies don't know each others' alignments so it doesn't apply. What I'm saying is that there is a link between the two of you, which is only a tell after one of the linked people is scum. And you know perfectly well that the part I bolded up there makes absolutely no sense. You have no right to tell me everything I'm saying is BS after making a ridiculous comment like that one.
What a mastermind you are to catch two scum agreeing with each other so openly....you been playing this game for a year huh?
I haven't caught anyone. If one of you turns up scum at some point, I will be very suspicious of the other. You're blowing my words way out of proportion. Just because you disagree with me, and you like to pretend I'm saying things that I'm not, doesn't make me a bad player as you seem to think, it just makes you illogical.

If there's any craplogic here it's definitely yours.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:01 pm

Post by Cephrir »

EBWODP: Actually, I do get this now. Yes, actually, I'd say I would look quite suspicious if Zoneace died at any point and was scum, but at the moment I take no issue with that whatsoever since I'm confident that won't happen.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:00 pm

Post by Twomz »

Cephrir wrote:Scumbuddies are linked together by agreement.
I disagree... this would be a classic case of "all the eggs in one basket." It is more likely that they just see things in the same light and have similar thought processes/experiences.

I do not agree that just because dybeck was against the Karen lynch he is scummy. He may have blown things out of proportion at times, but just because someone disagrees with you does not make them scum.

That being said, I think you might be grasping for straws trying to attack dybeck. It is like you OMGUSed and now you are trying to pull a case out of midair to back it up. Although I did not quite get everyone else's case against you earlier, I do see now why they would find you suspicious.

BTW, Happy B-day
vote: Cephrir

However, I am still waiting on a response from Thorn... and am hoping for more input, especially from the group at the tail end of the Green Day/Thorn wagon.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:40 pm

Post by dybeck »

I'd like to see everyone show some colors and cast a vote. Especially the non-voters that are also scum.
Eeny. Meeny. Miney. Vote.
ChocolateAttack
ChocolateAttack
Goon
ChocolateAttack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:10 am

Post by ChocolateAttack »

Thorn play is quite odd. She replaced in for GreenDay but then quickly asking for a replacement. I don't know if she have a motive behind that or not.
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:14 pm

Post by thinktank »

Cephrir does not seem any less suspicious because I don't agree with all parts of your argument. Especially the part about how because Dybeck and CKD could be linked because of agreement. If anything it would be the opposite. really bad scum move to be on the same side .. That being said your argument raises an interesting point about Dybeck and his constant recurrence of the baseless wagon on karen. Thorns statements are also quite weird and make a "huh" reaction go off.

FoS: Cephrir
FoS: Dybeck
Fos: Thorn

current candidates are possibly those three for my vote. bot ready to vote yet, but most likely within these 3.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:21 am

Post by Cephrir »

thinktank wrote:Cephrir does not seem any less suspicious because I don't agree with all parts of your argument. Especially the part about how because Dybeck and CKD could be linked because of agreement. If anything it would be the opposite. really bad scum move to be on the same side .. That being said your argument raises an interesting point about Dybeck and his constant recurrence of the baseless wagon on karen. Thorns statements are also quite weird and make a "huh" reaction go off.

FoS: Cephrir
FoS: Dybeck
Fos: Thorn

current candidates are possibly those three for my vote. bot ready to vote yet, but most likely within these 3.
Way to FoS all the people under suspicion. Commit to a vote please.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:51 am

Post by dybeck »

Seconded.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:14 am

Post by Twomz »

Also, he is taking both sides of two people who are attacking each other, and FOSing the guy that just replaced someone and has not even posted really yet (still waiting Thorn ;)).
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:39 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

dybeck wrote:Seconded.
3rded..

oohhh, Ceph, I agreed with him again...
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:23 pm

Post by thinktank »

I will make a positive stance once thorn speaks.
Armlx: What has he done to make you think he's scum.
Mizzy: Other than not scumhunt, not post much as of late other than jokes and lurk a bit?

Oman: This is known as "doing a thinktank".
Kanaga
Kanaga
Townie
Kanaga
Townie
Townie

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:33 pm

Post by Kanaga »

It isn't clear Thorn will speak soon. I'm not too suspicious of Cehprir anymore. I wish we could get a Thorn replacement but as Dead Rikimaru said that would be unfair to the person who replaced him.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:14 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Thorn either needs to be lynched or replaced (he was replaced in a Newbie game recently).

Either one is acceptable - Green Day was one of the two scummiest players I've had the chance to reread (DAS is the other).
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:51 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

In the interests of getting this game moving again, I'm going to go ahead and
Vote: Thorn
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:03 am

Post by Twomz »

Activity is appreciated.... /sigh.
ChocolateAttack
ChocolateAttack
Goon
ChocolateAttack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:53 am

Post by ChocolateAttack »

Thorn has 6 votes and Cephir has 4, to balance out the pressure, i will play my vote on Cephir.

I have feeling this gonna be a bad day 2. [/b]
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:58 am

Post by dybeck »

Chocolate... Whilst I applaud your decision, I'm uncomfortable with your reasons.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”