Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:42 am

Post by Glork »

I still maintain that we should be going after lurky people. Like SV said, Nightson and StD have been very quiet -- which is interesting to me, since StD was much more active earlier in the game. I'll have to go back and check on that -- StD's fading could be indicative of someone who didn't want to misstep when the game state got hairy.

Still, I don't really remember Nightson doing
anything
, so I'd like to really take a look at him. I don't really like his vote on MC; it gives me the impression that he's either busing MC or that he's like "yay, easy mislynch!" I'm obviously leaning towards the former, but I'd wager that Nightson is a stinky Space Monkey Tactical Lurker.

Fritz, unfortunately, will continue to be Fritz. I wouldn't mind applying some pressure, but he's so often hard to read. I don't get the same feeling from him that I had in, say, Covert Ops, so I'm leaning *slightly* towards him being pro-town, mainly because I think that Nightson and StD are better bets.

Twito hasn't really struck me either way. I could almost see the distancing, as PJ mentions it, but I don't think any smart scum are in a position to be busing right now. I'd guess about three scums left, based on the numbers and the schtick surrounding this game, and getting in the kind of argument that Twito/MC are in does not lend itself towards them
both
being scum. Maybe they're suiciding or self-imploding; I don't know. I suppose we all know that they're completely capable of doing so. And MC *is* the obvious bus target if he's just that damned thick. The thing is, I've never seen MC fantically scream OMGUS at a
scumbuddy
when he's going down in flames. As far as I know, he's always tried to shoot down a townsperson instead. I have to think about this more.

Klebian does not strike me as being a scumbag at this time, but I want to read over all of his posts again. I thought he was a SpaceMonkeyTown earlier, which is why I wanted him lynched, but I obviously need to reassess my post-revelation opinion on him.

Preview Edit: Actually, I just isolated Klebian's posts, and I see a couple of things that indicate that he might have been trying to fit in or associate with PJ, and buddy up to him in a way. PJ sortof addressed some of these, but I want to take a closer look at them in just a minute to see if I can talk/write my way through this.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:59 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Nightson has made a total of 19 posts. Here's his record:

vote: MBL, phoebus.
The MBL thing.

Accuse Glork and phoebus of being scum.
For apparently no reason.

Vote STD.
Again, for apparently no reason.

Posts some crap I don't understand.

Responds to MBL's accusation that his jokes are scummy.
I see that as him trying to pass off an accusation as a joke.

Defends against Iba by saying it wasn't his fault no one responded to his vote on STD.
Tough. He didn't explain himself, and he didn't push.

Unvoted because he forgot who he's voting.

Here's the next post:
Nightson wrote:
bird1111 wrote:I'm here, and am still wondering why there are votes on Glork for normal early day 1 behavior.
You're getting the most votes and this is all you have to say? Newsflash, Glork only has half the votes you do.
vote: bird
And now he's got slightly less then half.

Inhim I don't find suspicious.

Still kinda suspicious of StD, but not enough for a vote right now.
He voted bird for having the most votes? Wagonish. I don't like how he throws suspicioin of STD around with a vote on bird. Note his unexplained defense in inhim.

Changes his mind and thinks inhim is scummy. Says he wants bird to respond to his lynch-leader status.
Changing his mind so quickly after 2 posts by inhim is weird. It's as if he changed his mind after STD picked the earlier point I mentioned out.

Says he can't hammer.

Votes for MBL. He now says that his vote on bird was 1/2 scumminess and 1/2 pressure. Note that he hasn't said anything about this before till someone pointed it out. Says he unvoted because he wanted a bird replacement.

Refuses to respond, instead bring up an old post.

Says bird has been prodded.

Suddenly votes bird (because bird won't return.)
This directly contradicts what he said earlier about wanting a replacement for bird.

Defends PJ and inhim (no reason given.)

Says he's figured that out. (what's 'that'?)
Hm... It could be that since he thinks gorillas are going to figure out they're townie, he's trying to pretend to have a sudden revelation that he's a gorilla townie too.

Votes masterchief (reason: because he did the same thing in Dr Who.)

I withdraw my request for a claim from MC.
vote: Nightson

I'd like to hear his responses, but he's going to have to work a miracle to convince me he's a gorilla at the moment.
Blank.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:05 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

I did a skim through STD's posts in isolation and I see him acting like a madman. Literally. I'd appreciate if someone who has been around throughout (and is cleared) analyse him for me, else I'll have to spend a lot of time reading all his early game posts.
Blank.
AndrewS
AndrewS
Goon
AndrewS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:19 am

Post by AndrewS »

Well, StD usually DOES act like a madman...
"I hear that random.org punches babies." - Thesp
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:21 am

Post by Glork »

klebian wrote:Well, I'm a soldier as well. Unfortunately, unlike dahen, I HAVEN'T been dropping hints throughout the game, because I don't consider myself a likley nightkill, and I also didn't think the gorillas knew that they were looking for someone, so I didn't think there's much one can do to drop hints when the person you're dropping them for doesn't have a clue...
I do think thok should give his results later in the day, because it seems like he's a likely nightkill for tonight. PJ is obviously confirmed, since he was first to claim, and... well, never mind, my thinking mirrors PJ and his is better worded.

Before I dismiss this thought from my mind, inhim couldn't have ACTUALLY been an unroleblocker, could he have? kthx.
In this post, Klebian tries to associate with PJ and Dahen as a Gorilla Soldier, as he basically claims the same role as both of them. I'm not sure why a Gorilla would want to basically start massclaiming. No need to rush things. I do, however, see how a Space Monkey would want to fit in; less likely to be investigated if someone along the way (such as PJ) decides to vouch for you. Klebian, could you explain what was going through your head when you decided to roleclaim?

(Also, a side-comment to that last question: I don't think inHim was really an unroleblocker. He definitely claimed an interesting role, but it seemed quite obviously fake to everyone involved. I suppose this might be confirmed/denied if Thok gets roleblocked and obtains no result, as the truth of inHim's role is basically only useful if there's an SM-Roleblocker around.)

Klebian wrote:I was under the impression that what my PM meant was that I would get 'found' if my group attempted to kill me. I didn't realize that there was actual 'hunting' for gorillas "going on". That may just be inexperience; I am not familiar with traitor roles and I guess I just assumed incorrectly. That's why I said in my quoted post 'I don't consider myself a likley nightkill'. This is just me being stupid.
Okay, now this I can see. Traitors are generally recruited when targeted by a scumgroup, so there's no need to assume that you'll be
killed
instead. I would have come to the same conclusion if I had a Traitor/Soldier role (Note: This is not an indication one way or another whether I am a Soldier or not; just saying, this is how I would have interpreted it as well.)

PJ brings up an interesting point about how it's dangerous to assume that he is a Gorilla based solely on the claim -- that's something that I had periphially considered, but it didn't sound likely to me at the time. Klebian's response is almost as interesting:
Klebian wrote:I don't know if they're all uniform; the way you described your role is the same as my PM. I considered this, however I dismissed it because I think that the scum have earned enough of an advantage with 3 days of town confusion. Similar to your logic about godfathers/millers, I do not think that the mod would give the scum a generic townie PM coupled with the entire town thinking they are the scum.
Again, he basically says that he's got the same role, PM, etc... which I guess isn't unjustified, as he had already claimed at the time. But he alos says that he assumed that scum would not be given generic Soldier/Townie/What-Have-You role PMs in addition to the backwardsness. On the other hand, when the shit hits the proveribal fan for the scums and we figure things out, any sort of emphasis on
flavorful claiming
pretty much screws them over. As Thok said, it's definitely possible to weed out a fake claim based on flavor alone. Those kinds of things can break a game, so I would actually expect Stoof to give the Space Monkeys an out when the town finally does figure things out. Could you expand a little more on why you don't think SMs would be given PMs (or at least flavor) from the Gorilla perspective?

I love the juicy irony of this paragraph:
Klebian wrote:PJ, I reread the last few pages, and I feel you're being a bit to naiive about Glork. It's interesting that you guys have been butting heads for the past 2.5 days, and today after your claim, he accepts your claim, agrees that monkeys are scum, and now you're fairly convinced he's town. I believe that a space monkey could've easily made 533 as a gorilla. At this point, I think a smart monkey would've seen that their 'cover' for the game was blown, and decided to reveal the truth. Obviously, others were discovering it as well, so it's quite possible that glork made good use of the perfect opportunity to become buddies with one of the most influential town members. Not much of his post is written from a point of view that I would consider solely gorilla, and I as well am feeling that glork is not as confirmed as we may think.
This is where I have to watch my OMGUS tendencies a little bit, since Klebian attempts to discredit me... but the gist of this paragraph is, "It's distinctly possible that Glork, as a Space Monkey tried to sneak into the middle of the 'revelation' so as to look more confirmed." I find it beyond amusing that Klebian suggests that I might be doing so and that I shouldn't be confirmed, when I think that the same argument/evidence can be brought up against him.

So... yeah. I think Klebian might have trying to be a somewhat active, "look at me, I fit in" kind of scumbag. I guess my short list of people who need to die or be looked at is as follows:
Nightson
StD
Klebian
Twito
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:40 am

Post by Nightson »

Of course my first posts were scummy, I thought I was scum. Going off scummy actions in the first three days is going to be like looking for scum in a game made up completely of scum. Only my last two posts wee made in a protown capacity. Getting itwas when I figured out the gorillas were the uninformed majority, it wasn't that hard, Thok and Glork were hinting at it pretty heavily.

As for Dr. Who, feel free to read here where I as mafia do pretty much the exact same thing MC does and accuse someone of being scum because they're a killer robot, not realizing that killer robots would be pro-town. (I also forget a post restriction after the first day and yet survive to endgame and actually win.)

So I'm keeping my vote on MC because I'm pretty sure he's done basically the same thing.
"Faust complained about having two souls in his breast, but I harbor a whole crowd of them and they quarrel. It is like being in a republic." ~Otto von Bismarck
Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:17 am

Post by Twito »

AndrewS wrote:Well, StD usually DOES act like a madman...
Really?

I've always though of him as the most reasonable player around... :/
Show
[color=blue]We are all innocent townies and the mod is an evil bastard laughing at us lynching eachother![/color]
I'm at M├â┬®xico as an exhange student and abit inactive.

thesheamuffin: I'm off to masterbate
Uber Timmy: CAN YOU PLAY ONE HANDED
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:26 am

Post by Fritzler »

AndrewS wrote:Well, StD usually DOES act like a madman...
This is the truth. StD once tried to challenge Thor, the master of fury and lightning, in the son of Odin's home field. StD did not stand up to thy power of the magical Mjolnir for long.

Why don't you all sort out whose scum, and Thor shall stand here and look pretty.
Surfs up dude.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:15 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Vote Count

Masterchief: 4 (Glork, Twito, AndrewS, Nightson)
Fritzler: 1 (STD)
Nightson: 1 (spectrumvoid)

It will take 7 of you to push someone out of the airlock.
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:55 am

Post by dahen »

Well, it works for me.
vote: Masterchief
Masterchief
Masterchief
I got a role
Masterchief
I got a role
I got a role

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:27 am

Post by Masterchief »

dahen wrote:Well, it works for me.
OK now see. This is where is I said something like this everyone would be like "omfg hes scum for not putting a reason" I'll bet he gets away with this anyway.
Show
[u]People I Want To Kill In A Mafia Game[/u]
1. Primate
2.Twito
3.Kelly Chen
4. IH
5.Shadow Lurker
6. ubertimmy
[u]People that are cool to play with[/u]
1. Thok
2.STD
3.Glork
4.ubertimmy
Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:29 am

Post by Twito »

Masterchief wrote:
dahen wrote:Well, it works for me.
OK now see. This is where is I said something like this everyone would be like "omfg hes scum for not putting a reason" I'll bet he gets away with this anyway.
WE HAVE THE WINNER!
Show
[color=blue]We are all innocent townies and the mod is an evil bastard laughing at us lynching eachother![/color]

petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:07 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

In between classes, not much time for comments.

Masterchief: CLAIM.
Now
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:13 pm

Post by Glork »

petroleumjelly wrote:
Masterchief: CLAIM.
Now
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Masterchief
Masterchief
I got a role
Masterchief
I got a role
I got a role

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:25 pm

Post by Masterchief »

Well I don't see what good it will do.
You are a Space Monkey on board the S.S. Simian. You win when all the gorillas are shoved out the airlock.
Show
[u]People I Want To Kill In A Mafia Game[/u]
1. Primate
2.Twito
3.Kelly Chen
4. IH
5.Shadow Lurker
6. ubertimmy
[u]People that are cool to play with[/u]
1. Thok
2.STD
3.Glork
4.ubertimmy
klebian
klebian
Mafia Scum
klebian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:32 pm

Post by klebian »

So basically you're claiming vanilla townie?
klebian
klebian
Mafia Scum
klebian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:33 pm

Post by klebian »

EBWODP:
Mr Stoofer wrote:
The Space Monkeys all have the following win condition:
You win when the all Gorillas have been killed and the
SS Simian
is safe once again.
huh.
Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:12 pm

Post by Twito »

Umm..
MC wtf?
Show

Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:13 pm

Post by Twito »

I see that you are claiming SM but still not certainly turning of the possibility of you being Gorilla. Tbh your stupid enough to do that on either side.
Show

Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:20 pm

Post by Fritzler »

Chief, fear the hammer, thy maker, Mjolnir, for Thor, son of Odin, shall drop it.
Surfs up dude.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:51 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Vote Count

Masterchief: 5 (Glork, Twito, AndrewS, Nightson, dahen)
Fritzler: 1 (STD)
Nightson: 1 (spectrumvoid)

It will take 7 of you to push someone out of the airlock.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:18 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

MC: Read the game. Or read my summary of it. You're either an idiot or scum.

The problem is I can see him being gorilla thinking he's scum because he didn't read the game properly, and copying the line from Stoofer.
Blank.
AndrewS
AndrewS
Goon
AndrewS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:52 am

Post by AndrewS »

That's the thing....I remember in my first newbie game, I was forced to claim cop on day 1, then another player (the doc) counterclaimed cop, thinking he was the doctor. In that case, we lost sheerly due to that player's stupidity, and we could lose this lynch because Masterchief doesn't realize that he's really town and not scum...On the other hand, though, if he's paying that little attention and really
is
that stupid, perhaps him being out of the game would be useful for us...One less distraction anyway. My vote stands.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:04 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

MC: read the game starting from PJ's claim.
Blank.
AndrewS
AndrewS
Goon
AndrewS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:31 pm

Post by AndrewS »

But, see...Now this result is tainted. Even if he WAS a monkey, he'd claim plain gorilla if he's decently smart.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”