Newbie 810 - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:03 am

Post by geekalicious »

KittyMo wrote:Well, if you're a townie, even if you feel frustrated and backed into a wall, you must do what you can to help the town. Zach's refusal to defend himself at the end just ended up hurting the town, but the cases he made on people still live on for us to look at and use. So, if we decide to lynch you over Riddle, and you're a townie, please give us all the information you can.
Alright, I can do that.

12Keyblade

He's been acting very odd lately.
12Keyblade wrote:ronnieroo (6) Honestly seems town, but at the same time, Zach's case rings some bells...really, I think this needs moved.
This part of his Scum-O-Meter is contradictory. Very soon afterwards he says
12Keyblade wrote:Ummm...holy crap. Can I be perfectly honest for a minute? I'm considering voting for Raskol just for that. I don't see ronnie's playstyle as scummy in the least...OK, slightly. Very, very little. Like, almost not at all. Point is, I never considered voting for such a pro-town player. I really want to see the reasons behind this, or my vote may go from geek to Raskol.
Wait, she goes from a 6 to almost completely non-scummy that quickly? When I press him about the issue, he doesn't even defend himself. He just says
12Keyblade wrote:Haha. You're so funny. I don't play those games. Please don't pretend like I do.
As I said before, not an argument and thus pushes him into a higher level of scummy for me. Additionally, he mentions having a "delusional day". Uh huh. Again, not an argument, just a very odd excuse.
12Keyblade wrote:Strawmanning=weak. I really don't want a flame war here.
Wait, so are you threatening to start a flame war with me on a mafia forum? Again, scummy.

BlueRaven

I'm pleased with the fact that BlueRaven's most recent posts have been longer and better thought out than his initial batch of posts. My main issues with him have mostly been the lack of posting combined with the lack of content when he does post. Hm....
Unvote

KittyMo

KittyMo wrote:
geekalicious wrote:I'm not opportunistically jumping on ronnieroo. As you'll note, I had already placed her in my Purgatory category when I rated her. Seeing the way she's reacting to Raskol's questioning is only tipping her into the Wolf Lean category for me.
Hmmm. I must have you confused with someone else then. Sorry about that.
You shouldn't have thrown out there that I was leaping on ronnieroo without reason if you weren't certain. However, I'm still overall really seeing you as a townie.

Riddle

Hm.... I'm really thinking about the possibility of a Riddle lynch. His predecessor illiniguy09 was rather scummy. I mentioned earlier that I wanted to give him a chance to defend himself against his predecessor's bad reputation, though. Thus far... well, I don't really think he's doing well. Almost all of the points against me that he listed have been a re-hash of points other players made. I don't really any reasoning behind it besides the game links that he posted which I'm guessing he figures just speak for themselves.

Raskol

Came in and waged a case against ronnieroo. Nothing scummy about the case that I can see.... However, what came after was:
Raskol wrote:Riddle, on the other hand, still isn't here, and so....

Unvote

Vote: Riddle

I my view, that's our best target for today. I could go into all the reasons why, but most of what needed to be said about Krauthammer and Illini already has been, and Riddle has been evasive and hasn't contributed anything. So let's lynch him.
The reasoning behind the case wasn't as strong as his other case. Earlier, Raskol had said
Raskol wrote:Riddle----I found both of your predecessors scummy and I think you'd be best served making sure you make up for their mistakes. I wouldn't mind lynching you either at this point, at all. Get into the conversation.
However, Raskol didn't wait for Riddle to get back into the conversation before he voted for him. Somewhat scummy since I believe he should have waited for Riddle to make at least one post before voting for him.

ronnieroo

I feel like my current points against ronnieroo are basically summed up in my post 663.

Additionally, I'm sorry if I'm doing bad town play right now.... With the majority of players on my case for the whole game, I'm just starting to feel like I'm cracking.
You're just jealous 'cause my geekshake brings all the nerds to the yard.
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:06 am

Post by Raskol »

KittyMo wrote:Whoa, good job catching that. Could we also just have someone unvote Geek, though, to fix that problem?
I guess we could, though I doubt if Riddle will do it, since it results in his lynch, and I'm not sure keyblade will be willing or even here to do it. I agree that if possible that would be a safer option.

Or I guess you could just wait until the deadline and then vote for Riddle if you're worried about doing it now for some reason. It will be as good as a hammer, that is if it's true that riddle will by lynched by having more votes than geek.
BlueRaven
BlueRaven
Goon
BlueRaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:14 am

Post by BlueRaven »

i thought it was 1/2 the populations votes, not 1/2 the votes. if so then we would need a hammer on him.
Show
W/L
town: 0/1
scum: 0/0

Some thing has come up. I wont be bk for a month or 2. I've replaced out of all my games. D: sorry guys...
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:20 am

Post by KittyMo »

BlueRaven wrote:i thought it was 1/2 the populations votes, not 1/2 the votes. if so then we would need a hammer on him.
[quote="[http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 61#1742661]The Rules[/url]"[/quote]
At deadline, ½ the original number of votes will be required for a lynch. In the case of a tie, the person who first received the required number of votes will be lynched. If this number is not met, a No Lynch will occur. There will be no reduced number of votes in LyLo.[/quote]
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:21 am

Post by KittyMo »

EBWOP:
The Rules wrote: At deadline, ½ the original number of votes will be required for a lynch. In the case of a tie, the person who first received the required number of votes will be lynched. If this number is not met, a No Lynch will occur. There will be no reduced number of votes in LyLo.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
BlueRaven
BlueRaven
Goon
BlueRaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:24 am

Post by BlueRaven »

so that means that someone needs to have 4 votes otherwise there will be no lynch so we have to have a hammer without beeing looked on as scummy.
Show
W/L

Some thing has come up. I wont be bk for a month or 2. I've replaced out of all my games. D: sorry guys...
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:26 am

Post by KittyMo »

No, no, no. Normally, to lynch, we need a simple majority of votes: since we have 7 alive, we need half of 7, rounded up. (4)

But, if the deadline hits, we'll only need half of the normal number of votes, which would be 2 votes needed for a lynch.

Does that make sense?

"plz don't swear" -- N
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:27 am

Post by Raskol »

I'm pretty sure it means that it originally takes half of all player votes (4) to lynch someone before deadline, but when the deadline hits, half that number (2) will be enough.

Hopefully Vel-Rahn will be in here soon to clear everything up, though. Probably better to do nothing for the moment, as long as neither of you are planning to disappear anytime soon.

Man you guys are overthinking this.
It states the required number to Lynch in every vote count.
The rules state that, AT DEADLINE, 1/2 that number is needed.

Therefore, if you want to lynch someone before deadline, you need 4, since there's 7 alive. At deadline, it's only 2.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:31 am

Post by KittyMo »

I'm going to be here pretty much all day, but tomorrow I won't be here after 9:30am Pacific, until late. (Perhaps a couple of hours before the deadline?)

Sorry if I'm flooding the thread. >.<

"plz don't swear" -- N
BlueRaven
BlueRaven
Goon
BlueRaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:37 am

Post by BlueRaven »

im going for dinner at my nans tomorrow and will be there pritty much all day, i'll see if i can use the comp but i cant make any pormises.
Show
W/L

Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:40 am

Post by Raskol »

Well, I don't care how it gets done, as long as it does. I would just like things to be really clear.

So, is it right that as of now you're planning on being the one to vote for Riddle, and you're going to do it sometime before 9:30 am pacific?
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:40 am

Post by Raskol »

btw that was to kitty.
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:52 am

Post by 12Keyblade »

Raskol:
12Keyblade wrote:OK Mon, here's your info:

Post 53: Begins the long chain of overanalysing my random vote for reverendpsycho.
Post 64: Places the second vote on BlueRaven. He also placed the second vote on TFGM, so either he's on at all the wrong times, or he likes to be second on bandwagons.
Post 157:
I'm not following others. I look at the person's actions, I look at points that others have brought up about them, and then I take the action I see fit.
And yet, in both cases where you were vote #2 (and the only votes you had placed up to that point), there was little to no content between your vote and the first one.
Post 395: Places the second vote on Zachrulez because of his case on ronnieroo. To me, ronnie seems town, but geek's blatant defense puts me on edge. Also selectivly quoted Zach to make him seem scummier.
Post 440: Possible, maybe, not really, but kinda buddying to Kitty. I may have said the exact same things, which is why it's not a big deal for me.
Post 495:
Oh great.... Both of our IC's are dead.... >_<
This falls along the same lines as "Good job Doctor!" or "Darn, our cop is dead." IMO, a null tell, but to some it's a light-up billboard.
Post 510: A post from ronnie, which I just noticed, which may be returning the favor of geek defending her.
Post 523:
The only commentary that I can make is that I think that at least 12Keyblade and/or ronnieroo is cleared from being scum since they were both on V/LA during the period of time when night actions needed to be submitted. That means that at least one scum (or perhaps both) was definitely in town during the period to submit a night kill.
Never. Ever. Metagame. The. Night. Don't forget it.
Posts 529 and 530: Please read these loverly posts from our new player Monsieur for more detail than what I've put here.
Post 569:
So why couldn't I have been doing the same thing instead of "panicking"? Granted, I was sick, but what led you to jump to the conclusion that I was lurking?
I wasn't aware that you were sick, and as such, I apologize.

So unless anyone (besides the accused) is against it, I will vote for geek after illin's replacement shows up and offers his opinion, unless that manages to sway me in the extreme.
There's my case against geek.
Join the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13797]Fluxx Tournament![/url]

[i]"Then I shall make you see... that your hopes are nothing! Nothing but a mere illusion!"[/i]
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:02 pm

Post by Raskol »

Okay, I don't really think any of that makes Geek the scummiest, but there are a few good points in there that may be mild/moderate scumtells.

What do you think about riddle?. I'd like to hear your comments on riddle's analysis post, and hear what you think of lynching riddle over Geek. Do you have any objection to that? If not, would you be willing to cooperate by unvoting geek for now? I'd like to hear as much of your thought on the current situation as you're willing to give, including anything I haven't asked about.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:08 pm

Post by KittyMo »

I'll vote for Riddle before 9 pacific time, because Vel's from an Eastern time zone, and so technically Sunday ends for him midnight his time.

I'd appreciate it, though, if I had a backup person in case for some strange reason I can't get there in time. Just in case...

"plz don't swear" -- N
Riddle
Riddle
Townie
Riddle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:13 pm

Post by Riddle »

I guess it is time to claim.

I'm just a vanilla townie and I am dissapointed that my predecessor's scumminess and my lack of posting might get me lynched.

Im used to playing on forums with much less activity so I wasn't expecting to have to post this much. I promise I will get on the ball and post more if I am allowed to live.

Do what you guys think is best. If you think I am scum then don't hesitate to kill me. If you don't think I am then don't join a bandwagon.
The Flying Spaghetti Monster is too good.
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:14 pm

Post by Raskol »

Well, okay. But if you're not absolutely positive that you can do it, it might be better to do it tonight instead.

Like I said, once we make it really clear that we don't want anyone to hammer, then if anyone does they'll have no good excuse and we'll know they're scum, so we get info either way.

(Actually, I think we should make BlueRaven swear he won't do it first though, since he might otherwise claim that didn't understand/thought we needed to hammer. I don't think anyone else would have an excuse, though.)
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:16 pm

Post by KittyMo »

I've been in your spot, Riddle, and I know it sucks when your predecessors ruin it for you. :( But, we've got to lynch the scummiest one here...

It'd be nice if you could give your reads on everyone, so if you flip town we'll be able to use that. Thanks. :)

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:18 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Raskol wrote: (Actually, I think we should make BlueRaven swear he won't do it first though, since he might otherwise claim that didn't understand/thought we needed to hammer. I don't think anyone else would have an excuse, though.)
BlueRaven: Do not vote for anyone unless you are later told otherwise.

[/b]

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:36 pm

Post by KittyMo »

vote: Riddle

NO ONE VOTE FOR ANYONE unless you have a very very very good reason for doing so

"plz don't swear" -- N
BlueRaven
BlueRaven
Goon
BlueRaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:15 pm

Post by BlueRaven »

KittyMo wrote:
Raskol wrote: (Actually, I think we should make BlueRaven swear he won't do it first though, since he might otherwise claim that didn't understand/thought we needed to hammer. I don't think anyone else would have an excuse, though.)
BlueRaven: Do not vote for anyone unless you are later told otherwise.

[/b]
alrighty...
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:19 pm

Post by 12Keyblade »

So, that's L-1. Just so we're all aware.

Re Riddle's analysis: On the first readthrough, it looked really good. Kinda like what I'd expect from Monsieur, TBH. However, looking back, it could have had more content. I'm really having an issue getting a good read on him because of all the replacements, but the fact that the player slot has been scummy sound kinda weak. He seems to be the majority opinion, but I'm happy with my vote where it is.

Also, I see fit to remind everyone that after this lynch, when day breaks I won't be here. So don't ask me questions yet. And no speedlynching! (unless hypothetical cop has a guilty).
Join the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13797]Fluxx Tournament![/url]

[i]"Then I shall make you see... that your hopes are nothing! Nothing but a mere illusion!"[/i]
Riddle
Riddle
Townie
Riddle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:06 am

Post by Riddle »

I'm sorry that I am wasting your guys lynch by seeming scummy even though I am town. I hope that once you lynch me you will see my analyses and look to geek or raskol first.

Thanks for making this a fun experience!!!
The Flying Spaghetti Monster is too good.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:18 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

11 Hours to Deadline
Vote Count

geekalicious - 2 (12Keyblade, Riddle)
Riddle - 3 (Raskol, ronnieroo, KittyMo)

Not Voting - 2 (BlueRaven, geekalicious)

4 to Lynch.
Deadline
is the end of Sunday, August 9 (Eastern, GMT - 4).
Last edited by Vel-Rahn Koon on Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
BlueRaven
BlueRaven
Goon
BlueRaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:21 am

Post by BlueRaven »

oh ok, that cleared it up for everyone i think. or at least for me. I guess thats why there are nwb games.
Show
W/L

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”