Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:48 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

RayFrost wrote:Kmd:

I got in late, so I wanted to get the RVS out of my system, plus... I haven't really had time to gather my thoughts. Too busy in another game.
Fair enough. I expect opinions later though.
Vi wrote:
Kmd4390 95 wrote:
[@RayFrost:]
Either you're scum or I fail...
Shouldn't this be the other way around?~
Um, why?
Vi wrote: @the experience joke: I only bring that up because I already accidentally made that mistake in MD :P
Where was this? I don't remember seeing it.
Vi wrote:I think you're wearing your avatar because you like it at this point :P
Actually, lack of avatar bets. I'm about to lose a baseball bet though.
Vi wrote:
Kmd4390 95 wrote:So it's the fact that he's asking for experience in the first place rather than using game events to scumhunt?
Yes, noting that the part from "rather" on is important.
You make a good point here.
Hayker wrote: I do fully agree with your last sentence on a vote based on slight suspicion is better than a fully random vote.
This doesn't sound like it came from a town player who just said he's careful with his vote.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:50 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Hayker wrote: I have a tendancy to start tunneling on someone if I vote them, and I consider tunneling to be anti-town. This is a behavior pattern I noticed in mafia 96, when I voted for roflcopter early on, and tunnel visioned him to whole game until he died. He was town sadly. I do not wish to repeat this mistake.
Your mistake wasn't voting. It was tunneling. Vote freely, but be open to the possibility that you are wrong. I personally could still use some work learning this. Don't let it affect your voting frequency though. If you don't vote, you appear to not have an opinion. Especially when I use my favorite tool to find scum later.
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:51 pm

Post by Hayker »

Hayker wrote: I do fully agree with your last sentence on a vote based on slight suspicion is better than a fully random vote.
This doesn't sound like it came from a town player who just said he's careful with his vote.[/quote]

I am careful with my votes KMD. However, the logic of voting on someone you suspect slightly, over voting someone randomly, is impeccable, and I fully agree with it. I don't expect other people to follow my own playstyle.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:53 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Voting someone you suspect slightly beats not voting at all.
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:55 pm

Post by Hayker »

Kmd4390 wrote:
Hayker wrote: I have a tendancy to start tunneling on someone if I vote them, and I consider tunneling to be anti-town. This is a behavior pattern I noticed in mafia 96, when I voted for roflcopter early on, and tunnel visioned him to whole game until he died. He was town sadly. I do not wish to repeat this mistake.
Your mistake wasn't voting. It was tunneling. Vote freely, but be open to the possibility that you are wrong. I personally could still use some work learning this. Don't let it affect your voting frequency though. If you don't vote, you appear to not have an opinion. Especially when I use my favorite tool to find scum later.
However, the voting assisted in me tunneling. The more I voted for him, the more I believed my own case. I do not plan on making the mistake again.

As for the opinion thing. I try to make it clear on who I suspect being town and scum, however, I do not give my opinion on every single person. I do this as a safety net, so the mafia has a harder time of manipulaing me into voting other townies.
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:13 pm

Post by Hayker »

A list of meta.

I'm feelin g a tad lazy, so rather than a shit ton of links, I thought I'd give one.

http://s9.zetaboards.com/FEABL/forum/35022/

That links you directly to the mafia section of FEABL. I played in game 8 and onwards. These games are all different styles of mafia. Most of these rounds used something called a clue. As you have already guessed by now, a clue points you in the direction of who the killer was. Round 9 was very different, and was dubbed mapfia. This one had clues, but the game used a map. Citizens were also overpowered.

Round 12 was my first clueless mafia game. I actualy prefer this style, as I find the clues make it harder to scum hunt.

I have also played soem mafia games on Casual collective, but I believe all of them have been deleted by now.

Newbie 700
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 81&start=0

My first game here, and I replaced in. I had fun reading the topic, though I failed miserably.

Newbie 749
I'd post a link, but I didn't play very long. I replaced out because I couldn't handle playign 4 mafia games at a time. Little did I know at the time it's more because I can't handle 2 games at a time on this site in particular. A game here is a HUGE commitment.

Newbie 759
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 27&start=0

I did well, but this is when I made a newbie mistake of not going after someone because I liked em. Foolishness

Large game 96
This game was awsome. In all aspects. Though I failed...horribly. During this time I played a lot on epic mafia, and I learned more from this one mafia game than any of the previous. This game I consider my transition of being noob to not-noob. Which is only 1 rank above noob.

Epic mafia
I play a lot on this site, and my win record is starting to get a lot better there. I played there a lot after 96, and I played until I considered myself decent. Decent meaning I could make good calls most of the time, but still fallible enough to make grevious errors still. I still play here, and you can find me under Hayker or Evilfang. Keep in mind I always say "lame" every day phase. However, epic mafia is chat mafia, and plays very differenty to here.
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

Bub seems to really want to extend the RVS
Bub Bidderskins wrote:True. We've got plenty of time, and there is no reason to lynch someone after only a single post of their's. Of course, a vote for cooldog is just as good as any other vote at this stage of the game.
Defending Cooldog despite him not being in any danger and downplaying KMD's case.
Bub Bidderskins wrote:Oh, and milkshake. What flavour are you exactly?
Bub Bidderskins wrote:BTW kmd, you've got a weird avvie.
Random fluff after there's already stuff to talk about.
Bub Bidderskins wrote:In response to the remark saying that Cooldog is a better vote than most, I'll say that we're still in the RVS really, and that KMD is just trying to keep the game moving, get a quick (possibly mis) lynch. I'm not buying the argument and think he's just trying to bandwagon.
There's no way we're in the RVS at this point. Also the subtle accusation against KMD is suspicious.

Vote: Bub Bidderskins

My experience: I have completed three games and am currently in another besides this one. See my wiki for links.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:39 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Wow, I'm away for, like what, 12 hours, and this game already have 5 pages. Ah, I've forgotten what means to be in a large game. Any roads, from what I could read, it seems that Kmd is so eager to push CD's wagon, and I'm not really buying the case. I just played with CD, and he really has an erratic way of playing (somehow, he remind me of Empking when I used to play some months ago, but that's not the case). In fact, I find more suspicious Kmd' eagerness, but well, it's also a good way to start moving things.

Regarding the experience, I used to play here. But for some reasons, I had to quit it and then, when I wanted to return, I decided to make a new account. So, in conclusion, I have some experience, and I believe that's just enough information. As someone suggested before me, instead of asking for experience (which I don't find that much useful at all), why don't you focus more on each player actions?
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
alvinz95
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:09 pm

Post by alvinz95 »

/confirm
Is back.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:26 pm

Post by dramonic »

Clinging to the RVS is never a good thing, especially when a case (albeit not that great in my opinion) is layed out.

Unvote
Vote: Bub
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:27 pm

Post by Hayker »

Snow_Bunny wrote: Regarding the experience, I used to play here. But for some reasons, I had to quit it and then, when I wanted to return, I decided to make a new account. So, in conclusion, I have some experience, and I believe that's just enough information. As someone suggested before me, instead of asking for experience (which I don't find that much useful at all), why don't you focus more on each player actions?
People have often gone after me for askign expierience, claiming that it is not useful. And yet somehow, the expierience thing usually comes up.
Truly, I find day one rather useless until day 2. I look for scum tells, but the scum tells I know don't apply on mafiascum. I am trying to come up with questions, but they always seem so.....useless.
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:30 pm

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

Kmd4390 wrote:
Bub Bidderskins wrote:In response to the remark saying that Cooldog is a better vote than most, I'll say that we're still in the RVS really, and that KMD is just trying to keep the game moving, get a quick (possibly mis) lynch. I'm not buying the argument and think he's just trying to bandwagon.
1)When did I ask for a quicklynch?
2)My 1st vote on the wagon is a bandwagon vote???
So you're saying that when you accused Cool and kept on giving reason after reason you did not want other people to follow suit? In other words, the whole point of your vote was just so that you (uno, one vote) could vote for him? I'm not buying that.

You say that you didn't ask for a quicklynch, and that's true, but if you put constant pressure on somebody, and give what look like decent reasons, that's what you'll get. Somebody as experienced as you should know that.

As far as the bandwagon vote, it might not be voting for the sake of the bandwagon, but it is starting the bandwagon, which could be just as bad...
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:30 pm

Post by dramonic »

As for experience:

I've played in a bunch of games (about 20) and am playing in 10 or so right now. My win/loss record is terrible however.

Also, Sajin has developped an irrational obsession over signing-up in all the games I play and getting me lynched as swiftly as possible :P
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:36 pm

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

dramonic wrote:Clinging to the RVS is never a good thing, especially when a case (albeit not that great in my opinion) is layed out.

Unvote
I would like to remind you that I posted that a ways back. A long ways back as a matter of fact. Maybe
you
are the one clinging to the RVS.
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:42 pm

Post by Sajin »

dramonic wrote:As for experience:

I've played in a bunch of games (about 20) and am playing in 10 or so right now. My win/loss record is terrible however.

Also, Sajin has developped an irrational obsession over signing-up in all the games I play and getting me lynched as swiftly as possible :P
Your lynch has always been justified. How can you blame me when I lynch you for being scum?

@Bub- OMGUS, and a baseless excuse? How does dramonic responding later to your post remove its validity?
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:54 pm

Post by dramonic »

I wasn't scum in Chzo and Scottish :P

Also, my definition of way back is incompatible with "three hours ago", surprisingly.
I'm a hoot
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:58 pm

Post by Hayker »

Bub Bidderskins wrote:
dramonic wrote:Clinging to the RVS is never a good thing, especially when a case (albeit not that great in my opinion) is layed out.

Unvote
I would like to remind you that I posted that a ways back. A long ways back as a matter of fact. Maybe
you
are the one clinging to the RVS.
I..you can't be seriouslly....I mean. I can't even think of a logical response from how unbelievably illogical your response was.

vote:bub bidderskins
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:02 pm

Post by RayFrost »

bub made an illogical counter to a valid point.

Also, his actions toward Kmd could be considered a chainsaw defense of cool, I think...

Got no better candidates, so:

unvote, Vote: Bub Bidderskins
don't you feel silly now?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:07 pm

Post by Lowell »

Why do people feel they need to be "convinced" by the colddog case in order to vote him?
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:08 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Lowell wrote:Why do people feel they need to be "convinced" by the colddog case in order to vote him?
Would you vote for somebody if you didn't believe they were scummy?

Why? Why not?
don't you feel silly now?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:09 pm

Post by dramonic »

Why would I vote for someone whom I personally have no reason to think is scum?
I'm a hoot
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:11 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Not all the times you will find flaws in other people's play. Sometimes, a player with more experience playing mafia makes a case against a player that other player couldn't see. It's up to them if such case is strong enough to make them think that player is scum or not. That's, at least for me, why I say that I don't buy the case against CD. I didn't see anything scummy on it (just his
normal
way of playing), and thus I have no reason to vote for him... yet.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:15 pm

Post by Plum »

Vote Count 02

RayFrost - 2 - CooLDoG, tubby216
CooLDoG -
- manho, Kmd4390, imaginality, Lowell
DeathNote - 1 - Sajin
Hayker - 1 - Vi
Bub Bidderskins -
- Dry-fit, dramonic, Hayker, RayFrost,

Not Voting (8): DeathNote, ~Jordan`, Vaya, MafiaSSK, milkshake, Bub Bidderskins, Snow_Bunny, alvinz95

With 20 Players alive it'll take 11 votes to pound someone into the wall.
With 20 Players alive it'll take 10 votes to call for a peaceful water break.

BWOOONNNK

Last edited by Plum on Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:45 pm

Post by manho »

i've been away for 12 hours and it is page 5 and 2 people with 4 votes. i'll need some time to read all the stuff again, but i don't have that in this moment. will post when i'm back from school.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:56 pm

Post by DeathNote »

Jeeze... I go to work and come back to find I have a lot of reading to do for all the games I am in, just about. :/

Sajin wrote:
DeathNote wrote:
FOS Jordan

Yes

P.S. can we dodge votes? :D
Vote: Deathnote

Dodging anything seems antitown.
I can't believe you took that seriously. It was a joke reference to the fact our game was Dodgeball themed. I thought it was funny...
Hayker wrote:Now clearly I was wrong with my assessment of all of you being mafia. Clearly there is
only 1 mafia member
in this tournament, and that member is Jordan. Let us analyze why this is truly fact, with no possible alternative!
~Jordan` wrote:hello all.

/confirm
Why look at this! saying hello. Clearly this is a sign of budding to the entire town, thus my point of him clearly being
the only mafia
! And then confirming into the game...obviously confirming is mafia behavior.......
~Jordan` wrote:FoS Hayker

No.
An fos for some crazy banter, with the reasoning of no. Mafia denies the facts that
I state as the truth
!

In normal English:
OMGUS
voting time.

vote:Jordan

Now on a significantly more serious note,

I'm curious as to KMd's serious fos at this stage of the game of CooLdog, and his reasoning behind it.
I bolded the things that stood out to me in this, mostly that gave me bad vibes despite it being rather reaching on my part. I realize that some of it is jest, but perhaps it is a bit much. A question for you Hayker... Is everything above your quote, "Now on a significantly more serious note," complete jest, or just partial bull? This would also mean that your vote was not serious as well.
Sajin wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:Sajin, what is your opinion of CooL?
His method of random voting strikes me as inexperienced town or noncommittal scum. I would say if he was town he would rather keep the people he has played with before around to be able to get better reads. Voting a player he has played with a lot before seems slightly scummy. His random vote is unlikely truly random.

Leaning scum, but not as much as I really disliked what deathnote said.
Again, it was in jest. Although most of what you say about CoolDog shares my sentiments. He attempted to replace into a game I am currently in and ended up dropping out after making some rather newby posts, claiming that he was busy. Obviously he isn't busy anymore.

KMD post 42- I can see how this is noob scum behavior and I do believe that CoolDog is still a bit nooby... hmm...

My experience:
Finished two games
Currently in four others
imaginality wrote:[ At this stage in the game, I'm more than happy to get a CooLDoG wagon rolling.
Ok so you get credit for being first on the bandwagon. :D
milkshake wrote:So, I'm going to be the one to mention the mandatory point that jumping on the CooLDoG wagon after one post from him isn't too fair. :)

What's the CooLDoG meta? Usually energetic? Always cool as ice? :lol:
He doesn't have much of a meta yet, at least I don't think he does.
CooLDoG wrote:
I still see no reason to defend myself
since we are not even 24 hours into the game... And you can't expect me to answer any of your questions if this is my second post.
And there we have it... his first post to defend himself from the forming bandwagon and he.... says he doesn't need too. Hmm... well I hope you decide to defend yourself soon cause here is another vote for you.

Vote: CooLDoG

Kmd4390 wrote:
CooLDoG wrote: I still see no reason to defend myself since we are not even 24 hours into the game... And you can't expect me to answer any of your questions if this is my second post.
Ok, more CooL votes please.

Add "refuses to defend himself" and "appeal to game length" to my case.

-----------

Lowell, any thoughts?
I see that KMD also caught this right after as well.
CooLDoG wrote:remind me exactly what case can I defend agents? I mean I only made two posts and I know why you guys want to wagon me.
Why would those two posts not be enough to wagon you? Your eagerness and anxious behavior is coming across as scummy to most. Defend against why your posts make you seem nervous.
RayFrost wrote:
vote: CooLDoG
pure OMGUS, not really buying the KMD case.

I don't see how not answering in just one post is "not defending oneself," mind explaining how it is bad when one could answer it a couple posts down the line anyway?
Why delay defending yourself? Are you saying that if someone brought a case to you, that you wouldn't defend yourself until latter?
dramonic wrote:Read the CoolDoG case, not convinced at all.

Vote: Sajin

It's a wonder he's not voting me yet :P
Surprised you are still RVing, unless that was a serous vote. What about Cool's case doesn't convince you? I understand it is early in the game and the case is rather weak, but it is better then anything else at the moment.
Vi wrote:
Kmd4390 78 wrote:
Vi wrote:
Kmd4390 75 wrote:Why Hayker?
Many cheesy fakeposts that aren't really redeemed by a relevant question about CooLDoG's experience.
Fair point, but why does this look more like scum than just inexperienced town?
Active lurking, hence "fakeposts". I believe that Hayker is spamming the thread in an attempt to seem pro-Town.
I can see that... makes me think. Ouch*
CooLDoG wrote:Hayker's posts make almost no cense to me and it seems like he is just trying to make himself look good by actually posting, when in fact, he is "active" lurking. Also in his first post he made a very vague reference to there being to scum groups. I don’t like that very much.
Way to try and lure suspicion away from you by using other people's reasoning. Was if Vi who just said this?

BTW so many errors in this... makes me cry T-T
Looking for love in Alderaan places.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”