vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:41 am

Post by vikingfan »

Jumping too much from vote to vote, as I understand it.

DP, what strategy do you recommend? Right now, I'm finding ENYH most scummy in terms of actual gameplay (for the same reason just listed above), yet I'm not sure what the best play is in terms of overall gameplay. Any thoughts, especially since ENYH is sitting two away from a lynch?
EnterYourNameHere
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:35 pm

Post by EnterYourNameHere »

So, DP, you're against the whole "bandwagon-claim-bandwagon" thing, yet you start a bandwagon on me (and now it's looking like I'll have to claim)?
FOS: DP
, only an FOS since I don't think you actually intended to start a full-fledged bandwagon.

As for vikingfan's claim, I'm not so sure it's a pro-town role. But to be honest, vikingfan doesn't seem to be pushing my "scum-o-meter" into the red: as LML says, I think it's just his playstyle.

If people want me to claim, I will. For now, my vote stands on HezLucky, he sticks out the most to me.
prinny, dood
kadath32
kadath32
Goon
kadath32
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:20 pm

Post by kadath32 »

Re: Phoebus
I wanted to hear a roleclaim because I was voting for Vikingfan. I stated my reasons for a vote in an earlier post. Since he was approaching critical mass for a lynch, I wanted to know if we were lynching a cop.

In re Vikingfan's roleclaim: I don't know whether or not I buy it. However, there is a way to check. Obviously someone beat Someone up. To all: If you beat Someone up last night, post a counterclaim to Viking. If we don't recieve such a counterclaim, I'll consider Vikingfan to be more or less pro-town.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:43 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

EnterYourNameHere wrote:So, DP, you're against the whole "bandwagon-claim-bandwagon" thing, yet you start a bandwagon on me (and now it's looking like I'll have to claim)?
The first thing is right. No bandwagons, no majority, no lynch.

The second thing is wrong. Where does it state in the rules that you HAVE to claim when you get bandwagoned?

As I pointed out at length in another game, townies without power roles (cop, doc) should be willing to take one on the chin and resign themselves to a lynch day 1 if that's the way the bandwagon blows - just be glad the town did not choose a cop or doc.. as they WILL do if the bandwagon keeps on switching after every claim. All this claiming only helps the scum. IMHO of course.

Compare with a vanilla set-up, just cop, maybe doc, and scum. How would YOU claim-happy players play that? Hey, don't bandwagon me, I'm a townie! Duh.
Yanqush
Yanqush
Goon
Yanqush
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:47 am

Post by Yanqush »

~~ :shock: ~~
Grill? What grill? I don't see no grill.......
:mrgreen:

Righto, if there are no counter claims, I'll
unvote: vikingfan
for now.
vikingfan wrote:(in fact he's(EYNH) at 4 now, 2 away from a lynch).
He only have 3 votes now.
kadath32 wrote:I wanted to hear a roleclaim because I was voting for Vikingfan. I stated my reasons for a vote in an earlier post. Since he was approaching critical mass for a lynch, I wanted to know if we were lynching a cop.
Um... just wondering, what exactly do you consder as critcal mass?

The thing to do to get yourself out of a mess is explain why you did what you did to get the votes piled on you first in the first place, well, thats what I think anyway.....
Its spelt with a Q, a Q I tell ya!
[size=92][i]Everything, but not anything, in moderation...[/i][/size]
[size=67]Well..... except maybe mafia.....[/size]
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:10 am

Post by Phoebus »

unvote: yanqush ; vote: kadath

Since he was approaching critical mass for a lynch, I wanted to know if we were lynching a cop.
Hmm.
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:53 am

Post by vikingfan »

The thing to do to get yourself out of a mess is explain why you did what you did to get the votes piled on you first in the first place, well, thats what I think anyway.....[/quote]

That's what I was trying to do- I was repeatedly asking how I could prove that I was innocent, and the common thread seemed to be claim.

DP, I would agree with you if I had been townie, but I considered my role too powerful to just throw it away so easily (and I think most here will agree). Regardless, I think we should only hear one more claim today (if that), lynch someone, and hope we've nailed either a mafia, SK, or townie. We're one up on the mafia already(thanks to a generous SK). Let's not throw away the advantage that we've gained, IMO.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:56 am

Post by vikingfan »

Oh, sorry about missing the votes, Phoebus. I was thinking that when LML unvoted me and voted ENYH, that was the fourth. My bad.
kadath32
kadath32
Goon
kadath32
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:21 am

Post by kadath32 »

Phoebus wrote:
unvote: yanqush ; vote: kadath

Since he was approaching critical mass for a lynch, I wanted to know if we were lynching a cop.
Hmm.
Do I
really
need to finish the sentence for you? I wanted to know if we were lynching a cop so that I could unvote before we shoot ourselves in the foot.

Re: Yanqush
I would say 1/2-2/3 of the number required to lynch someone. If I recall correctly, VF was at 3. There was (is?) certainly a reasonable chance that he be lynched.
EnterYourNameHere
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:57 pm

kadath32 wrote:In re Vikingfan's roleclaim: I don't know whether or not I buy it. However, there is a way to check. Obviously someone beat Someone up. To all: If you beat Someone up last night, post a counterclaim to Viking. If we don't recieve such a counterclaim, I'll consider Vikingfan to be more or less pro-town.
I believe that vikingfan is the one who beat up Someone. Whether that makes him pro-town or not is still up in the air. There's still the possibility of a mafia roleblocker.
DP wrote:
prinny, dood
EnterYourNameHere
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:04 pm

Whoops, there was supposed to be more to that. Accidentally hit 'submit'...
DP wrote:The first thing is right. No bandwagons, no majority, no lynch.

The second thing is wrong. Where does it state in the rules that you HAVE to claim when you get bandwagoned?

As I pointed out at length in another game, townies without power roles (cop, doc) should be willing to take one on the chin and resign themselves to a lynch day 1 if that's the way the bandwagon blows - just be glad the town did not choose a cop or doc.. as they WILL do if the bandwagon keeps on switching after every claim. All this claiming only helps the scum. IMHO of course.

Compare with a vanilla set-up, just cop, maybe doc, and scum. How would YOU claim-happy players play that? Hey, don't bandwagon me, I'm a townie! Duh.
I do agree with you. When you get a day one when something like four players end up claiming, there's no way that can benefit anyone except scum. But so far today, we've only had one claim. And if I claimed (which I'm not going to, especially since apparently there's only three votes on me when I thought there were four), there'd only be two. It's obviously not good to get tons of claims day one, but I think a few are acceptable and even expected.

Anyway, no one's done anything to move my vote from HezLucky yet.
prinny, dood
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:03 pm

Post by Phoebus »

kadath:
You don't have to end it for me. You ended it yourself, with the period at the...end.
It's the implications of your usage of the word cop that makes me vote you for now.
Someone
Someone
Well, we gotta remove Someone
Someone

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:45 am

Post by Someone »

If no counter-claim, vikingfan probably innocent because already 3 kills.

Question to DP. Do you claim?
This is just here so my posts don't look so ugly when I edit them.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:24 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Only if I'm cop or doc.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:37 pm

Post by Blackberry »

EnterYourNameHere wrote:
kadath32 wrote:In re Vikingfan's roleclaim: I don't know whether or not I buy it. However, there is a way to check. Obviously someone beat Someone up. To all: If you beat Someone up last night, post a counterclaim to Viking. If we don't recieve such a counterclaim, I'll consider Vikingfan to be more or less pro-town.
I believe that vikingfan is the one who beat up Someone. Whether that makes him pro-town or not is still up in the air. There's still the possibility of a mafia roleblocker.
DP wrote:
O_o --- So viking can still be anti-town... Personally when I first saw that Someone was beat up I thought the person who beat up Someone was anti-town... I'm somewhat new, so I don't know if a 'bully' is a regular thing to have?

I don't find EYNH suspisous... yes I do find it a tad odd that he FOS on DP.

I think Kadath's announcement is rather useless. I believe Viking beat up Someone, pro-town or anti-town I don't know... Why claim you did something (that was a lie), especially this early in the game... if the true person counter-claimed it, one would be lynched, and if it was the truth-teller then the liar would easily be lynched the next round.

HezLucky hasn't talked in a few days, I would like to hear from him. o_O
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:59 pm

Post by HezLucky »

Whoa, you're right, it has been two days.

Thank mod I didn't get prodded.

I'm keeping my vote on EYNH. It's day one. This lynch is as good as any at the moment and he's done nothing to remove my vote (in fact, he's made me more suspicious by trying to draw attention off himself rather than defending himself). Funny considering those are his words concerning me.

Frankly, I think you're all inconsistent. You don't want four people or so to claim on the first day but you're opposed to a bandwagon.

I'm suspicious of Blackberry now for thinking EYNH's FOS on Phoenix was a bit odd and not throwing an FOS on EYNH. Could be a subtle tactic to make sure EYNH doesn't garner more votes.

That's all for now. More as I see fit (or, heh, as others request :mrgreen: )
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:30 am

Post by Phoebus »

Hmm.
Why were you not prodded?
Are scum allowed to be lurky? Did you happen to tell the mod you were lurking on purpose? I've done it before...
Hmm...
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:13 am

Post by vikingfan »

Maybe because he hadn't gone
over
two days - or maybe Halo just hadn't gotten on in time to prod him before he posted.

unvote phoebus
and
vote ENYH
. At this point, I find ENYH just slightly higher on the scumdar for reasons mentioned already by others.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:16 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Last post by mod: 1 July.

*prods mod*

:mrgreen:

And I am keeping my vote where it is.
halo freak
halo freak
Goon
halo freak
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:13 am

Post by halo freak »

hi unexpected sleepover and i was unable to get on until 15mins ago and i just
knew
the world would explode while i was away.

Vote Count:
, powered by The Count-Counter 2000

EnterYourNameHere- 4 (HezLucky, Dragon Phoenix, LoudmouthLee, vikingfan)
HezLucky- 2 (EnterYourNameHere, Someone)
vikingfan- 1 (kadath32)
LoudmouthLee- 1 (Blackberry)
kadath32- 1 (Phoebus)

Not voting (1): Yanqush

6 to lynch.
Become a replacement for Italian Mafia [b][url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2479&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0&sid=adecd9ea5f99eb6ee344bd18c4bf4de0]HERE[/url][/b]

*smacks Cadmium with stick for fun*
- Phoebus
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:28 pm

Post by Blackberry »

HezLucky you claim that EYNH doesn't defend himself and only casts suspiscion on others. Yet all you yourself do is cast suspiscion on others. Also, earlier in the game, you were quick to change your vote to EYNH and said that HIS minute-vote change was scummy, yet it wasn't at all because he changed it before he could see if anyone latched on. You are the most suspiscious to me.

Btw, if you read my post it says
I don't find EYNH suspisous
. That explains clearly why I didn't FOS him. Like I said before, all you are doing is casting suspiscion on others.

Unvote LoudmouthLee

Vote: HezLucky
[/i]
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:04 pm

Post by vikingfan »

Hmm, looks like we've got two bandwagons here in Hez and ENYH. I think in order to really get anywhere, we've got to cut it down to one (and save the other as the probable first order of business for tomorrow) so we can decide what to do with that player- demand claim, lynch, let player go for now, or whatever.
kadath32
kadath32
Goon
kadath32
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:11 pm

Post by kadath32 »

Phoebus wrote:kadath:
You don't have to end it for me. You ended it yourself, with the period at the...end.
It's the implications of your usage of the word cop that makes me vote you for now.
I clarified the sentence by making my assumptions explicit. I'd like you to clarify your meaning in the second sentence and explain your vote.
kadath32
kadath32
Goon
kadath32
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:19 pm

Post by kadath32 »

Unvote: Vikingfan, Vote: Hezlucky

I said that I'd be willing to lynch either of them earlier, and VF claimed. I'll switch to Hezlucky because he incited a bandwagon against ENYH for spurious reasons.

Regarding Vikingfan's claim:
Is it usual that mods make a mafia role-blocker? I've never heard of that before. That does certainly put a bit of suspicion on VF, since his description of his claim seemed poorly put together. I'll keep my eye on him.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:35 pm

Post by HezLucky »

FOS: kadath
right off the bat. Something doesn't seem right with him.

Eh? So now I'm suspicious?

I want a lynch. I've been consistent throughout in saying that. Staying on Day 1 for too long won't do the town too good because it gives too much information to mafia and doesn't really tell us much more than analyzing the kills at Night (which can happen if we talk a bit and lynch, rather than stall as we are doing now).

I don't care what you're trying to do, voting me is a bad move unless you are mafia. That fourth vote seemed like a shameless attempt to start a bandwagon on me. Your vote is better spent on EYNH. What's going to happen is that I'm going to claim, you're going to unvote me and go after EYNH anyway... then I'll die at night because I'm a "confirmed innocent"...

Save me the trouble and lynch EYNH. If we have an inspector and he is suspicious of me, he can feel free to waste an inspection on me at night... though trust me, it's not worth it.

I don't like being the center of attention like this. It simply causes the inspector to inspect me and waste a night. Frankly, I know what will happen. I claim a non-mafia role, you all unvote me (or keep the vote on if you are scum giving excuses), inspector inspects me at night and finds me innocent, and the mafia (who are actually THINKING at this point in the game) will kill me to nullify that inspection.

Yep, seen it before. I'll see it again.

If I die, be aware of the following people:
Kadath
EYNH (but only if I die before I can claim)
Whoever throws the second-to-last vote on me.

They are the third and fourth to vote me and that's how bandwagons on innocents get started.

I think the mafia would've lynched EYNH by now if he weren't mafia as he has had votes for a while now. Interesting how they will all jump on me now and I will die. Then you will all start again, totally clueless about who mafia could be but in a much worse position than you were before.

If you want the town to win, don't lynch me. Just don't. Stop, find another target, inspect me tonight if you have to (and if you find me not-innocent, which you won't, then go ahead and accuse me), but don't lynch me.

That was all off the top of my head. If there is anything specific you'd like to ask me (besides my role), I'd be able to respond provided I'm not lynched before I can see it.
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”