rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:18 pm

Post by rapidcanyon »

In post 96, Om of the Nom wrote:No, L-1 wagons early D1 are a great source of information, and are basically needed to kickstart a game into town's best position.
EXCEPT NOT WHEN YOU EAGERLY CLAIM A PR THE SECOND YOU REACH L-1.

The natural course of a mafia game where each person is given a distinct claim is to get a few claims and lynch the most suspicious one. Why are you acting as if pushing for claims or claiming is indicative of being scum?
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:19 pm

Post by rapidcanyon »

Techno and Dermy, you have been active.
Why haven't you voted Om yet?
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:20 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Claiming Seer is beneficial as scum because it can
out the real Seer.
Which, if the game has Werewolves instead of Mafia, it's a great advantage.
The only downside to outing
the only PR that could effectively get positive results on your whole scumteam
, is that you lose
one
of your own.
Claiming Seer as scum is potentially a game-winning plan, as long as it's the bad player who fakeclaims it, and the other player is pro-town enough to not get investigated/lynched.
“Leftover lady, let alone the strongest to be subdued.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

hey beautiful ! how was your day ?
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:20 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 59, rapidcanyon wrote:Since we all have distinct roles,

Okay, already you're wrong.
In post 62, rapidcanyon wrote:Whiskers, I am certain that out of the three players, one of the scum is you. Your posts make such little logical sense that I find it impossible to believe you are town.
I don't understand what's not making sense. Btw, THIS is a broad, sweeping statement. THIS is scummy. You don't pick out anything in particular... are you trying to discredit me? Just shouting out "SCUM!" at me doesn't change my alignment.
In post 62, rapidcanyon wrote:I gave detailed justification for why I wanted to policy-lynch Derm. You don't have to agree with it. You don't have to policy-lynch him.
Okay, good, because I don't. But let's look at your detailed justification:
Spoiler:
In post 12, rapidcanyon wrote:A quick glance over the cancelled game shows that drmyshotgun ruined it - or at least that is the way it seems to me.

VOTE: Vote drmy for policy lynch.

In post 16, rapidcanyon wrote:I have played a lot of mafia before and the one thing I hate more than anything else is when players try to break the game and do not play it in the spirit of the game. This is aggravating both for the players as well as the mod.

In the cancelled game, Maestro had clearly mentioned that he doesn't appreciate people using breaking strategies. Yet Drmy continued to use strategies to "mod-confirm" players and continued in that vein until the game had to end.

Also, I have a pet-peeve for people who troll mafia forums/don't intend to play seriously. That is why I suggested policy-lynching Drmy.

So: "He ruined the game," "He tried to break the game even when the mod didn't want it," and "I don't like it when players aren't serious enough."
This is not justification for a lynch.
Trying to lynch somepony with this is scummy.

In post 62, rapidcanyon wrote:But using that as the basis for voting me is scummy especially since the first person to vote for me claimed that my votes were all over the place.
Right-- they were. You made a scummy vote for Shotgun and then backpedaled... and backpedaled into rvs!? I don't think Om's was a baseless accusation! Your votes have increasingly really poor reasoning and don't seem to be aimed at catching scum, just at catching players.

In post 62, rapidcanyon wrote:You want links to where players were making broad categorizations: Om's post 40.
This is one post. Didn't you just call me out for the same scumtell? Or was that JUST for "not understanding your posts"? When you lump two or three players together and call them all scum for the same thing, I kind of think you'd have documentation of the same scumtell on both or all of them.

In post 78, drmyshotgun wrote:
In post 75, TeChNoWC wrote:Real seer should DEFINITELY CC now, if RP is scum It would be insanely idiotic not to. In such a small game, chances of being NKd is huge. (1 in 5, less than a dice roll).

This is very true.

P-Edit: Rapid, not everyone posted. You aren't cleared yet, but the fact that you say it already makes me think more on you being TOwn.

Now, there have been a lot of posts, but I like this one.
Firstly: you aren't uncc'd until all of the other players have been given a chance to cc you and then don't. You are not "confirmed town," and you know it.
Secondly: Shotgun: Why does this make him look town? Yelling "CONFIRMED TOWN CONFIRMED TOWN" makes him town? I don't think it holds any more weight than him shouting "SCUM SCUM SCUM!" at me.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:21 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

In post 100, rapidcanyon wrote:The natural course of a mafia game where each person is given a distinct claim is to get a few claims and lynch the most suspicious one. Why are you acting as if pushing for claims or claiming is indicative of being scum?

You really need to get used to the customs here. I'll see if I can find a wiki page that helps you understand this.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:22 pm

Post by rapidcanyon »

It's whiskers and Om. One of them need to be lynched today.
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:23 pm

Post by rapidcanyon »

In post 101, rapidcanyon wrote:Techno and Dermy, you have been active.
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:24 pm

Post by rapidcanyon »

Also, whiskers didn't unvote once he saw my claim.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:25 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

So we're both scum because we don't believe you.
Nice try.

rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:26 pm

Post by rapidcanyon »

I agree with Dermy that Whiskers is suspicious but I am far more certain of Om based on his responses and re-voting me after I claimed.
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:26 pm

Post by rapidcanyon »

In post 108, Om of the Nom wrote:So we're both scum because we don't believe you.
Nice try.

You are both scum because you are trying to cast suspicion on a power role.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:27 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Though hey, I suspect Whiskers too though I haven't mentioned it.
Why don't we strike a deal, how about you join me for today, and we lynch my supposed scumbuddy in your eyes? Since, you know, I'm not going to get lynched today because people actually have common sense.
VOTE: Whiskers

PEDIT: Again, you aren't confirmed AT ALL, but I guess you do have to keep up the ruse.

Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:27 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Follow through with what you're saying.
Vote Whiskers with me.

Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:28 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 101, rapidcanyon wrote:Techno and Dermy, you have been active.
Why are you intent on pushing a quicklynch? With yours, at least, say, Malakittens and Greywing got a chance to post. Now you're rushing, pushing for the active players to lynch without the inactive players' inputs. Days have a
3 week deadline
. Wait and see how your case holds up.

In post 102, Om of the Nom wrote:Claiming Seer is beneficial as scum because it can
out the real Seer.
Which, if the game has Werewolves instead of Mafia, it's a great advantage.
The only downside to outing
the only PR that could effectively get positive results on your whole scumteam
, is that you lose
one
of your own.
Claiming Seer as scum is potentially a game-winning plan,
as long as it's the bad player who fakeclaims it,
and the other player is pro-town enough to not get investigated/lynched.

In this case, rapid, that's you. Being at L-1, with a pretty good chance of being lynched, what does Wolf-Rapid have to lose by claiming Seer? If wolf-rapid doesn't claim, he dies. If wolf-rapid DOES claim, he could live for another day, or he could out the real seer and die anyway.
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:29 pm

Post by rapidcanyon »

Om, you diverted attention to whiskers but you don't actually provide a reason for doing so. Why are you voting Whiskers? You seem to agree with him completely.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:30 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Hey, I'm giving you a chance to get a lynch on one of your suspects, why aren't you jumping to the chance? Aren't we both confirmed scum?

Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:32 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 107, rapidcanyon wrote:Also, whiskers didn't unvote once he saw my claim.

So? I've got nowhere else to put it. I'm not worried about an accidental lynch, or even a scum quickhammer, because several other players unvoted. I've had no need to unvote.
So why are
you
worried?
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:33 pm

Post by Maestro »

If everybody could stop posting for a nanosecond I could get a VC in...
:eek:
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:33 pm

Post by rapidcanyon »

I am pushing for a claim, not a quicklynch. I am not a bad player. I also wasn't going to get lynched if I claimed vanilla. The most likely course of action is to unvote me and move onto people who are actually suspicious i.e. you and Om.

I claimed seer because I am the real seer and if I can confirm myself, we don't have to waste a ton of time and energy wondering if I am mafia but rather focus on the players that I find scummy again whiskers and Om.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:35 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

In post 118, rapidcanyon wrote:The most likely course of action is to unvote me and move onto people who are actually suspicious i.e. you and Om.

So, you're the only vote on me, and Gunny and I are the only votes on Whiskers.
I'm giving you a chance to put Whiskers at L-1 so you can also push for a claim, yet you just sit there spouting out nonsense on how you are only going to focus on Whiskers and I, and don't even vote the one with the larger wagon.

Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:36 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 118, rapidcanyon wrote:I am pushing for a claim, not a quicklynch. I am not a bad player. I also wasn't going to get lynched if I claimed vanilla. The most likely course of action is to unvote me and move onto people who are actually suspicious i.e. you and Om.

I claimed seer because I am the real seer and if I can confirm myself, we don't have to waste a ton of time and energy wondering if I am mafia but rather focus on the players that I find scummy again whiskers and Om.

Yes, master, I will vote myself and Om.

How do you plan on confirming yourself? By lynching Om and getting nightkilled? Why were you so eager to claim if you
weren't
worried about getting lynched?
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:37 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

In post 120, Whiskers wrote:Why were you so eager to claim if you
weren't

I'd love to see this answered too.

rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:37 pm

Post by rapidcanyon »

In post 115, Om of the Nom wrote:Hey, I'm giving you a chance to get a lynch on one of your suspects, why aren't you jumping to the chance? Aren't we both confirmed scum?

What is your motivation for voting a player you agree with? I'd like an explanation.

In post 116, Whiskers wrote:
In post 107, rapidcanyon wrote:Also, whiskers didn't unvote once he saw my claim.

So? I've got nowhere else to put it. I'm not worried about an accidental lynch, or even a scum quickhammer, because several other players unvoted. I've had no need to unvote.
So why are
you
worried?

You don't have to put your vote on any player. You can just unvote and leave it at that. Unless I am mistaken about site rules and you HAVE to keep your vote on a player at all times.

Unless someone cc's me, I am confirmed. So, until then, the logical thing to do is unvote and persue other leads. The fact that you are fixated on me is what makes me suspicious that you are scum.
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:40 pm

Post by rapidcanyon »

In post 121, Om of the Nom wrote:
In post 120, Whiskers wrote:Why were you so eager to claim if you
weren't

I'd love to see this answered too.

So we can focus on players I find suspicious rather than waste a ton of energy focusing on me. I have a confirmable role so there is no need to keep wondering about whether I am scum. If I were vanilla townie, I would play more cautiously and less aggressively because my role can't be confirmed.
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:41 pm

Post by rapidcanyon »

I don't really care which order we get claims in as long as we get both of Om's and Whisker's claims today:

Unvote Vote Whiskers

Return to “Completed Open Games”