Mini 1400(!): Bubble Tape Mafia - It's Over!

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:54 pm

Post by Jake from State Farm »

In post 94, Cybertronix wrote:@AP: Vote d3x? I don't see anything suspicious about him. In fact it looks like he's trying to scumhunt, so town points for him.

Trying to scumhunt =/= scumhunting.
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

the whole game is dumb and we don't know why we're good at it and nobody knows what is going on and we're all going to have to accept that
Dave168
Dave168
Goon
Dave168
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:11 pm

Post by Dave168 »

In post 67, MaverickMaestro wrote:Haha, yeah this is our lynch.

But Kush says its a bad lynch for town? And he sounds like he means it. As far as I can see you are the second on the wagon, and the wiki says that scum are often second on the wagon. My vote stands.

In post 75, d3x wrote:
@Dave
- in your 3 previous games, did Scum use this tactic? Why is MM scummier than the other 2? Why didn't you mention Leon in your reasoning, you mentioned Safety...
@Dave
- Why wait until p14 to ask Leon, you brought this un in p9? What do you hope to gain with your question to Safety? Do you believe we were still in RVS?

I saw the "confirm delay" being scum tell in the wiki. I decided to use it at the start of this game, hence saving the screenshot during confirmation. It has not been used in my 2 previous games by town or scum.
MM is scummier due to his first post. I have not forgotten the others. I have mentioned Leon in both posts (9, 14) you refer to, if you will check. I ask Safety a question, I ask Leon a question, as I see fit, to find out more. If my questions are not to your liking, I am not too bothered. And of course we are not in RVS, see post 50.
Dave168
Dave168
Goon
Dave168
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:17 pm

Post by Dave168 »

In post 87, AngryPidgeon wrote:So the team is probably Dex/Dave/Thor? Or is that too obvioius?

Who are you asking to confirm this? I'm really not sure I can be confident about a single scum, let alone three.

In post 70, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 14, Dave168 wrote:@AngryPidgeon: Are you buddying me? How can you say "obv"?

This post rubs me wrong. The phrasing of the question is really pointed.

It was meant to be. I speak my mind. I was concerned that you had painted me as "obvtown" for insubstantial reasons, and that you were actually a scum trying to buddy me. That was a while ago. Right now, what bothers me is that you have moved your vote several times, and seem to be often changing your mind. Do you or don't you know who the scum is? (I don't know!)
I seem to have reached WIFOM so I will now end this post.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:21 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 102, Dave168 wrote:Who are you asking to confirm this? I'm really not sure I can be confident about a single scum, let alone three.

Im asking Dunhamganger obviously. And ya Im pretty confident at least 2 of you are.

Wouldn't me changing my mind a lot be indicative that I in fact DON'T know who the scum are?

Well Im now listing you as obvscum. So Im scummy for everything I'm currently doing, despite past things becoming no longer scumy? MMMMhmmmmm. Tell me more, scumbag168.

Read on Thor? He is avtively trying to discredit me in his posts, confirm/deny?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:01 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 93, AngryPidgeon wrote:You know whats hard for scum players to mimic? Original town-motivated train of thoughts.

Original thought is as confirmably townish as unoriginal thought is confirmably scummish.
You're making a false dichotomy here.

In post 93, AngryPidgeon wrote:Kush hasn't done anything scummy. He just said he doesnt care about the game and acknowledged that MS has different styles that he doesn't care about. Being emotional is a
town tell
. Or is it WIFOM? Thats what people try to tell me when I call out obvious AtE town tells.

I agree he hasn't done anything scummy (besides the AtE) - so what?

In post 93, AngryPidgeon wrote:1. Why would scum claim that?
2. And you aren't insulting me for voting you? Oh wait, you ARE. You are calling me derp and telling me that I suck. Fancy that, this is a 2 way street Thor, be careful when you cross it.
3. Why does this make him scum? Scum do care if they die.

Massive hint: this was a list of reasons I wanted him to replace out.
NOT a list of reasons he was scum.

You are derp and annoyed that I call you derp...well, stop being derp.

In post 95, AngryPidgeon wrote:P-edit: How about Thor then? Look at his posts. Hes just flinging mud at me for attacking him and implying that Kushmasta is scummy for doing that.

This is so bad.

In post 100, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 94, Cybertronix wrote:@AP: Vote d3x? I don't see anything suspicious about him. In fact it looks like he's trying to scumhunt, so town points for him.

Trying to scumhunt =/= scumhunting.

Are you saying D3x isn't scumhunting?
Because otherwise this is sideline semantic nothingness.
Devourer359
Devourer359
Townie
Devourer359
Townie
Townie

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:09 pm

Post by Devourer359 »

Just a note. I just finished reading the thread, and I probably won't have time to comment on anything today.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:11 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Oh man, I was about to respond to you as though we were in [ongoing] but here it actually makes sense for you to say that.
Carry on ;)
zipperflesh
zipperflesh
Goon
zipperflesh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:12 pm

Post by zipperflesh »

wouldn't me changing my mind a lot be indicative that I in fact DON'T know who the scum are

mumble mumble grasping at straws mumble mumble wishy washy

Read on Thor? He is avtively trying to discredit me in his posts, confirm/deny?

*starts OMGUS chainsaw*

actually he is tearing apart you case against him... should've stuck with your cyber case, oh wait you were reaction trolling...

Kush is likely town, but if he doesnt straighten up a policy lynch is in order. Until then...

UNVOTE: kush

VOTE: angrypidgein
Retired GM of Px2 - It's like a book club, but with bullets.

“If Passion drives, let Reason hold the Reins.” - Ben Franklin
DoubleJD
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:34 pm

Post by DoubleJD »

VOTE: zipperflesh

I have the exact opposite read on pidgeotto at this point. Cmon, hes calling teams less than 24 hours in and being a big pain in the ass to everyone. I highly doubt hes scum. But then you vote him, and your reasoning is sheit. I think you're voting because it looks like thor is leaning pidgey scum, but he hasnt said shit about pidgeot so far.
You got me!
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:40 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

@Zipperflesh:......you scum? I'm not.

And are you accusing me or yourself of chainsaw defending?

Lol, Thor is doing nothing of the sort. Thor is just calling me an idiot and OMGUSing. (Not that OMGUS is a scumtell)

Zipper could be scum. And yes, consider this an OMGUS FoS.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:05 pm

Post by Jake from State Farm »

@ Thor - based on my skimming, no I don't feel he is. It looks like he's trying to appear busy, but nothing of value is coming from his posts.
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

the whole game is dumb and we don't know why we're good at it and nobody knows what is going on and we're all going to have to accept that
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:58 pm

Post by d3x »

p87- What are you smoking AP?

kushWagon 1. SafetyDance 2. MaverickMaestro 3. Cybertronix 4. Thor665 5. zipperflesh

My reasoning for saying that there's Scum in the first 3 {aside from a probably outdated meta about 3rd votes from when I last played} follows...

1. Safety voted for reasons I've listed elsewhere along with his continued posting w/o even mentioning the Wagon that he started.
2. Maverick follows with a scummy policy vote stance
3. Cyber follows with policy vote reasons

I have no problem with Thor's speedwagon vote or zipper's sheeping vote.

Sorry to disappoint, but I'm not going after Thor at this time. I have him in my 'leaning Town' pile.

Funny enough, I have you there, too. I just can't see a Scum motivation for attacking me the way you have. There would be far easier targets to go after as Scum at this point, imo.

side note- is anyone else having problems with their preview screens? After I get a lottle ways past the scrolling, it keeps jumping back up and won't stay to let me see what I'm typing. This is frakking annoying...
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
zipperflesh
zipperflesh
Goon
zipperflesh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:00 pm

Post by zipperflesh »

:/ that was a joke... referencing my earlier sheeping of Thor...

that aside the vote and the reasoning were serious

pidgey is all over the place... first cyber had a scumslip then it wasn't. a scumslip... then he could meta Thor only to recant. he never metaed... and now his town. read on me has flipped because i voted him...
Retired GM of Px2 - It's like a book club, but with bullets.

“If Passion drives, let Reason hold the Reins.” - Ben Franklin
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:27 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 110, Jake from State Farm wrote:@ Thor - based on my skimming, no I don't feel he is. It looks like he's trying to appear busy, but nothing of value is coming from his posts.

This. So much this. Jake, I will buy your auto insurance if you just keep parroting this point around the thread until people realize its truthiness.

Also, you should vote him if you aren't presently.

In post 111, d3x wrote:p87- What are you smoking AP?
Nothing unfortunately. Thatm ay change though if Victor from my work actually starts selling me some goods if you know what I mean. (Im using green font for a reason)

kushWagon 1. SafetyDance 2. MaverickMaestro 3. Cybertronix
4. Thor665
5. zipperflesh

I don't give 2 shits about your obviously scum motivated wagon analysis. The difference between "One of the first 3 people on it is prolly scum" and "One of the first 4 people on it is prolly scum" is arbitrary as hell. What makes you think that THREE is the magic number specifically? Why is Thor not suspect in this bandwagoning scenario. Thor has even backpedaled now into saying that he thinks its a good PL and not necessarily a scum lynch. LOL. Screw that noise. And Im saying Thor is scummy. And you are scummy. Independent of each other.

My reasoning for saying that there's Scum in the first 3 {aside from a probably outdated meta about 3rd votes from when I last played} follows...

1. Safety voted for reasons I've listed elsewhere along with his continued posting w/o even mentioning the Wagon that he started.
2. Maverick follows with a scummy policy vote stance
3. Cyber follows with policy vote reasons
So? Ok so you think the individual votes here are suspect, where does the blanket statement that one of the first 3 is prob-scum come from then? Why not specify that the individual votes were what was scummy in the first place? Because the way you said it implied that the wagon was scummy and therefore someone on it was scum. (Which is true and that person has a "Best Mafia" bumpersticker and a beard.

Seriously though, why is Thor's vote not suspect? He is, much like scummy Cyber, voting for policy. And Thor has the added bonus of answering my post to him as if he thought Kush was scummy and THEN LATER backtracking into calling it mainly a PL.

I have no problem with Thor's speedwagon vote or zipper's sheeping vote.

Lol, why the fuck not? Someone saying "Lets speedlynch this" is less suspect than those other shit reasons you laid out for calling Bachelors 1 to 3 scummy?

Sorry to disappoint, but I'm not going after Thor at this time. I have him in my 'leaning Town' pile.

Funny enough, I have you there, too. I just can't see a Scum motivation for attacking me the way you have. There would be far easier targets to go after as Scum at this point, imo.

Like Maverick Maestro? Ok, then why did you ask me why Thor's 97 was scummy if you think Im town AND you already agree with me?

side note- is anyone else having problems with their preview screens? After I get a lottle ways past the scrolling, it keeps jumping back up and won't stay to let me see what I'm typing. This is frakking annoying...
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:29 pm

Post by d3x »

@Cyber p89- AntiTown=/=Scummy. If that's your only reason for jumping on the Wagon, I see no reason not to...
VOTE: Cyber

@AP p96 - I think I answered most of this in my last post. I find it fascinating that you think I'm 'hovering around the thread' while apparently approving strongly of Jake's active lurking.

I do find it interesting that you're bending time to make up arguments against me, though. I think it's pretty obvious that I'm respoding the now 5 pages of dialogue in chronological order, yet you berate me for not being psychic for knowing about post 93 when I was reading post 78... /sigh

@Dave p101 - In your OP {p9} you said you wouldn't self vote, Safety had only posted 5 times on site, and that you found MM 'the scummier of the other two'. In your reasons, you didn't mention Leon. I am curious why.

In post 110, Jake from State Farm wrote:
*snip*
It looks like he's trying to appear busy, but nothing of value is coming from his posts.
Lmao... Hi pot, it's the kettle, you're looking awfully black today.

GTKAS - d3x
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:33 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Assertion that jake is actively trying to look busy: false. So very very false. In fact, Jake is being openly apathetic for the most part.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:41 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 90, Thor665 wrote:I actually have no real read on you at the moment other than dislike of your playstyle

Oh Thor is voting Kush because HIS PLAYSTYLE IS ANTI-TOWN
In post 114, d3x wrote:@Cyber p89- AntiTown=/=Scummy. If that's your only reason for jumping on the Wagon, I see no reason not to...
VOTE: Cyber

Oh Cyber is voting Kush because his PLAYSTYLE IS ANTI-TOWN

Origianlly posted by D3x: "I have no problem with Thor's speedwagon vote or zipper's sheeping vote."

Time to self-vote in shame, d3x.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:47 pm

Post by d3x »

In post 113, AngryPidgeon wrote:The difference between "One of the first 3 people on it is prolly scum" and "One of the first 4 people on it is prolly scum" is arbitrary as hell.
Not if I find the 4th Vote acceptable while the first three are suspect. Let me phrase this another way... I think there is Scum in the first 3 votes because the first 3 votes are scummy. It's the same thing, bro.

The way I read it, Thor is voting for the Wagon. I actually don't have a problem with that. We need Wagons, reactions, debate, etc this early in the day. Saying that you're voting for someone for reasons that I deem scummy... is scummy.

To be sure I didn't miss something, I reread Thor's iso. Nowhere does he say he thinks kush is scummy. {I know what you're going to point to in this circumstance. I've already said that I don't agree with your read on that post.}

why did you ask me why Thor's 97 was scummy if you think Im town AND you already agree with me?
Firstly, I don't agree with you if you're refering to Thor's p79. I said as much in p97, but I think you read it incorrectly. I agree with Thor's post. Read the full selection as a continued thought...
I happen to agree completely. I do not agree with the kush Wagon b/c it sounds like a policy Lynch as opposed to a scummy player on the hook. What do you find scummy about Thor's stance on kush?

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:50 pm

Post by d3x »

Lol...AP. A little patience, please. Whether you agree or not, I just listed my reasons forbeing ok with the Thor vote.

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:52 pm

Post by d3x »

In post 116, AngryPidgeon wrote:Oh Thor is voting Kush because HIS PLAYSTYLE IS ANTI-TOWN
Actually, he said he was voting for the Wagon, not the AntiTown play {unless I'm mistaken}.

GTKAS - d3x
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:01 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 117, d3x wrote:The way I read it, Thor is voting for the Wagon. I actually don't have a problem with that. We need Wagons, reactions, debate, etc this early in the day. Saying that you're voting for someone for reasons that I deem scummy... is scummy.

This is the most fabricated crap I have ever read. Also when did Thor say that? He definitely DID say the following whilst voting Kush:

Exhibit A.
In post 90, Thor665 wrote:2. I actually
have no real read on you
at the moment other than dislike of your playstyle (but that is hardly a new thing in this game...). I'd probably go so far as to call the AtE (Appeal to Emotion) defense thus far as worthy of a decent knee-jerk lynch reaction from me. I do know that
if you're going to play like you have thus far that I don't want you in the game
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:04 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

So Thor is admitting to voting for policy. Cyber is admitting to voting for policy.

You are voting for Cyber because of his vote on Kush. You are saying Thor is town and that his vote on Kush is justifiable even though his/Cyber's votes are basically identical (and they even have back to back posts that read the same 89/90)

I don't know why you are giving Thor a pass and I don't care. He may or may not be your buddy (I tend to think he is) but the point is that you are not being genuine. You are cooking up reasons to suspect or not suspect people and posting contradictions. And your last 3 posts were full of damage control.

@Thor:
Do you agree that D3x is posturing and taking a stance on you/Cyber that contradicts itself? Do you believe D3x is scummy because of that?
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:15 pm

Post by d3x »

AP- Why are you so abrasive? You're using an awful lot of charged language for seemingly no apparent reason. Have I offended you somewhere?

In post 30, Thor665 wrote:Huzzah, speed lynch ho!
This is Thor's vote. I read this as voting the Wagon. Nowhere in this post does it say he's voting for any other reason than the speed of said Wagon.

p-edit. You mention p89/90, but I'm more interested in the initial votes. You say that their votes are basically identical, but I disagree. Cyber's vote comes with a description of why he's voting, as does Thor's.

In post 28, Cybertronix wrote:If you're gonna play on MS, you probably want to learn how the game is played here.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: kushm4sta
This is clearly a PL vote.
In post 30, Thor665 wrote:Unvote: MaverickMaestro
Vote: kushm4sta

Huzzah, speed lynch ho!
I contend that this is a Wagon vote.

GTKAS - d3x
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:16 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@AP - my reply would be;

1. You have said I was voting him because I called him scum - quote that, because you're now saying I'm backpeddaling from that stance. Please, quote it, that would be so amazing and I'll stop calling you derp for the rest of this entire game. Promise.

2. I would agree there is a contradiction there, you should make a wagon happen.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:17 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 108, DoubleJD wrote:I have the exact opposite read on pidgeotto at this point. Cmon, hes calling teams less than 24 hours in and being a big pain in the Smurf to everyone. I highly doubt hes scum.

Have you seen AP as scum before?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”