Pokemon X/Y Thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:13 am

Post by Brandi »

In post 98, Psyche wrote:With less resources demanded for raising a pokemon, people can focus more on the fun part of pokemon: battling, and figuring out how to battle well (team planning, battle strategy/tactics, etc). I don't think the game should become nothing more than a battle emulator, but I do think making IVs easier to discover is a huge improvement.
Yeah. Before to figure them out you had to use online calculators, which took a bit of time because you had to type in all of the stats of the pokemon and it wasn't always 100% accurate. This just saves time and gives you better results.
Most people just "created" perfect IV's for their hacked mons anyway and rarely anyone put in the effort to breed hundreds of pokemon to get perfect stats.

All of this is encouraging legit play, imo.
In post 99, SleepyKrew wrote:Hey Brandi you said you played Gen V on an emulator?
Where'd you get a DS emulator? I tried to play HG on one but it was sooooo slooooowwwww
I just used DeSMuME. It doesnt lag unless I try to record.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:14 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Yo, glitch in X/Y that you'll want to avoid.

Avoid saving in Lumiose City for now, apparently it might freeze/corrupt your game.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:39 am

Post by Brandi »

Yeah, as far as I've heard this doesn't happen with US versions (Japanese and UK only) ...but you'd probably want to avoid it to be safe anyway. :/
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:42 am

Post by Brandi »

Also here is the "How to be stylish" guide!
Spoiler:
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:16 pm

Post by sirdanilot »

Wow, the stylish thing...

On one hand, it seems completely ridiculous to me for a pokemon game. where were the good ol' RBY day where you blasted through the whole game with a charizard hardly knowing you could catch pokemon?

On the other hand, this does kind of reflect modern-day Japanese culture in the cities, in an interesting way. Overly westernized, having fresh baguettes every day and anything sounding remotely French is 'chique'.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:27 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

In post 104, sirdanilot wrote:blasted through the whole game with a charizard
The first two gyms would like to ask you to stop being overly nostalgic.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:29 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 100, Brandi wrote:I just used DeSMuME. It doesnt lag unless I try to record.
Will try it out, much thanks!
To be clear: quack
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:44 pm

Post by sirdanilot »

Ahum, yes the charizard thing was perhaps a bit nostalgic. The first game I played was actually Yellow, though I got Red soon after that. I remember being very annoyed that hte other kids just used only one pokemon, I always wanted to use several.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:52 pm

Post by Brandi »

In post 104, sirdanilot wrote:Wow, the stylish thing...

On one hand, it seems completely ridiculous to me for a pokemon game. where were the good ol' RBY day where you blasted through the whole game with a charizard hardly knowing you could catch pokemon?

On the other hand, this does kind of reflect modern-day Japanese culture in the cities, in an interesting way. Overly westernized, having fresh baguettes every day and anything sounding remotely French is 'chique'.
Well, France happens to be the specific setting of the game. Or at least "based on" France. That's why the center of the main hub is the Eiffel Tower. (Also a gym)
Matias
Matias
Mafia Scum
Matias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:35 pm

Post by Matias »

In post 93, Brandi wrote:Just to note if any of you care about EV training your pokemon and want to have the best possible stats, then you will probably care about IV's.
Knowing a pokemon's IV's is easy in Pokemon X and Y as there is a post-game NPC that directly tells you a pokemon's invidiual values.
Which guy is this?
Formerly DemonHybrid. I play mafia extremely occasionally. I run the Song Contest. You can find me there.
My GTKAS
My old account
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:39 pm

Post by Brandi »

In post 109, Matias wrote:
In post 93, Brandi wrote:Just to note if any of you care about EV training your pokemon and want to have the best possible stats, then you will probably care about IV's.
Knowing a pokemon's IV's is easy in Pokemon X and Y as there is a post-game NPC that directly tells you a pokemon's invidiual values.
Which guy is this?
In the pokemon center in Kiloude City.
Matias
Matias
Mafia Scum
Matias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:54 pm

Post by Matias »

By the way, I played through this over the past week.

I know not a lot of people play pokemon for the story, but the first scene with Team Plasma and N in Pokemon White/Black had more substance than this entire game put together. 5th gen's story was fantastic and intricate; the story for this one has some major flaws which takes me out of the experience.
Formerly DemonHybrid. I play mafia extremely occasionally. I run the Song Contest. You can find me there.
My GTKAS
My old account
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:07 pm

Post by Brandi »

UPDATED FIRST POST:

Berry Farming/Mutations
Rollerskating tricks
Pokemon Amie guide
TM locations
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:07 pm

Post by Brandi »

In post 90, animorpherv1 wrote:So it looks like I might be able to get this after all - the government seriously gave me $230 for god knows what reason, and I have no expenditures, so guess where its going. Lol.
Also meant to comment on this.
That's awesome! If you do get it you should add me :3 Then I can press "NICE!" on your face when you come online.

Also general note for anyone who has/is getting Y:

If there is anyone who for some reason prefers Mewtwo X over Mewtwo Y, please consider trading your mega stone with me! I really dislike MewtwoX's design but I know some people like it and a lot of people hate Y's design so I have hope! :p
Matias
Matias
Mafia Scum
Matias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:10 pm

Post by Matias »

Brandi, I don't mind trading mine. PM me your friend code, I'll get back to you when I wake up tomorrow.
My GTKAS
My old account
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:10 pm

Post by Brandi »

In post 111, Matias wrote:By the way, I played through this over the past week.

I know not a lot of people play pokemon for the story, but the first scene with Team Plasma and N in Pokemon White/Black had more substance than this entire game put together. 5th gen's story was fantastic and intricate; the story for this one has some major flaws which takes me out of the experience.
From my playthrough on an emulator I didn't love Team Plasma and I prefer the villans in this game.
But... did you play Y or X?

Because the story in X and Y are different. Most people say Y's story is not as good.

NINJA'D: Oh, so you got Y? That explains it. Yeah pretty much everyone I have talked to greatly prefers the characters personalities in X over Y.
The villain has completely different motivation.

And sure thing I shall PM you now.

Also saw this image. Not sure if you get that dialogue while playing female. =P
Spoiler:
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:36 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Oh man I was going to get Y, but now I don't know - they both have Absol, and that's really what I care about. The rest of what I want on my team isn't exclusives, also.

Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:41 am

Post by Oversoul »

FUCK. I just remembered my berries. What route is that berry batch on?

I've had that Lumiose City glitch... Or at least one like it. Saved staring at a wall and then started the game and everything was in 2d. The trick was to immediately change the camera direction and it went back to being normal. Scared me because I played like 3 hours up to that point. :(
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:44 am

Post by Natirasha »

In post 111, Matias wrote:I know not a lot of people play pokemon for the story, but the first scene with Team Plasma and N in Pokemon White/Black had more substance than this entire game put together. 5th gen's story was fantastic and intricate; the story for this one has some major flaws which takes me out of the experience.
I like
Lysandre &
Team Flare. I've really been enjoying the escalation of threats since BW. I mean, the most threatening villain still is probably Cyrus(considering he had the whole Made-In-Heaven thing going on), but the conflicts in those games seemed somewhat distant. I liked that the villains are actually terrorizing shit recently--bombing Opelucid City in BW2 and, well, the whole
Genocide Cannon
this game is pretty badass. They definitely left some doors open for the contractual sequel,
Lysandre is likely still alive, and, well, I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of AZ(although I suspect he'll end up taking a similar role to Cynthia role as "the representative" of Gen VI)

I agree that overall, the plot in this game is not as deep/morally ambiguous as N's was, but on the whole I think this was far more fun to play through. I couldn't help but get hyped by the final battle with
Lysandre
, which is something I never felt with N/Ghetsis/Colress.

Plus, Team Flare is like so stylish. I was so hoping I'd be able to wear the Admin outfit at some point.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:35 pm

Post by Brandi »

A MAP FOR THIS LARGE ASS CITY
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:08 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Whoever did that had a
lot
of time on their hands.

Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:37 pm

Post by Brandi »

YUP.

Also, a public service announcement to PAY YOUR CAB FARES
or else you will ruin the lives of these poor hungry taxi drivers:
(One of them makes a suggestion that he's going to DIE now because he has no money... they pay you when you beat them in battles too making them even more poor ;__; )

Spoiler:
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:09 pm

Post by Brandi »

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand ~35 hours in I have my first shiny! (and that's first shiny... ever.)

Unfortunately it has better Sp.ATK than ATK moves overall, but a boost to defense means perhaps I can make it useful.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:06 pm

Post by Quilford »

woo congrats Brandi!
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:27 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Its better than a shiny Azurill... haha.

Return to “The Arcade”