Mini 1749: Classic Rock Mafia: Game Over!

MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:18 am

Post by MattP »

In post 98, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 95, MattP wrote:VOTE: iraonvp

"why?"

I don't get the sassiness in this game. >.>
SlappyKrust
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:24 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 100, MattP wrote:
In post 98, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 95, MattP wrote:VOTE: iraonvp

"why?"

I don't get the sassiness in this game. >.>

14 Year-olds gonna sass sass sass..
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:26 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

What is weird about ?
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:29 am

Post by MattP »

In post 102, Dwlee99 wrote:What is weird about ?

It's very tryhard to overexplain to someone why an avatar change isn't inherently scummy

If you don't think it's weird in essence I don't really know what more there is to it.
SlappyKrust
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:31 am

Post by MattP »

In post 32, iraonavp wrote:
In post 27, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 7, Dwlee99 wrote:You changed your avatar.

whats scummy about it ? :D

I am fairly sure that Dwlee99's comment about Garmr's avatar was not implying that it was indicative of a scum-aligned player, it was an RVS vote no different from several others.

And really, what answers would you honestly expect from this question? An avatar is very clearly not indicative of alignment.

Like if we're talking about taking RVS nonsense seriously being scummy, it's weird that ira took Angel's post so seriously.
SlappyKrust
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:42 am

Post by Lowell »

Wow you guys move fast. 5 pages. Oof.

I believe, and love, the miller claim. I remember years ago doing the same thing as miller and having a long and dumb philosophical discussion about it. Point is, haters gon' hate. Claim is smart, if true, and almost certainly true.

I also like Gamr as town.

VOTE: AI for trying to draw out a reason Taly would fake claim. Grasping at straws, as if trying to set something up.
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:45 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

In post 105, Lowell wrote:Wow you guys move fast. 5 pages. Oof.

I believe, and love, the miller claim. I remember years ago doing the same thing as miller and having a long and dumb philosophical discussion about it. Point is, haters gon' hate. Claim is smart, if true, and almost certainly true.

I also like Gamr as town.

VOTE: AI for trying to draw out a reason Taly would fake claim. Grasping at straws, as if trying to set something up.
Jesus Christ. It happens that someone fakeclaims in a closed setup. I was considering various possibilities. There's nothing wrong with that. This is a really bad reason to vote for me.
"You've been furthering the win condition of the Mafia even better than the Mafia." - Dierfire
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:20 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Classic Rock Mafia:
Votecount #1.4:

MattP (5): Garmr, iraonavp, Radja, Aeronaut, Frozen Angel
AlwaysInnocent (2): Dierfire, Lowell
Aeronaut (1): Dwlee99
Mathilda (1): Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage (1): Taly
Radja (1): AlwaysInnocent
iraonavp (1): MattP
Frozen Angel (0):
Lowell (0):
Dwlee99 (0):
Dierfire (0):
Garmr (0):
Taly (0):

Not voting: Mathilda

With 13 alive it's 7 to lynch.

Night falls in (expired on 2016-01-08 21:00:00).

Song:
The Doors: Light my Fire

Notes:
This song, if it wasn't immediately obvious, references heavy drug use.
Mathilda did not pick up her role PM and will be prodded in 24H since it's the holidays.
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:58 am

Post by iraonavp »

In post 99, MattP wrote:
In post 32, iraonavp wrote:
In post 27, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 7, Dwlee99 wrote:You changed your avatar.

whats scummy about it ? :D

I am fairly sure that Dwlee99's comment about Garmr's avatar was not implying that it was indicative of a scum-aligned player, it was an RVS vote no different from several others.

And really, what answers would you honestly expect from this question? An avatar is very clearly not indicative of alignment.

I think this is just weird.

Yes, I would say that my comment was weird! It was not clear to me that it was a joke, since I did not know that Frozen Angel had changed avatars. But I don't see how that could be indicative of my alignment.

In post 44, iraonavp wrote:
Also why trying to push that it isn't bad to do instead of it isn't scummy that's a strange angle to come from?

Very much this. It's as if MattP feels like he is playing his scum-aligned role adequately, yet is attacked on an inadequate basis.

I don't understand the logic behind this. If I thought I was playing my scum-aligned role adequately, how does that explain why I would say my play isn't "bad" vs. isn't "scummy"?

I think that your outrage at being voted for what you consider play that benefits town shows that you know you aren't town-aligned, since you defend yourself on the basis of it being good play, rather than looking "scummy" because you know that you are scum-aligned and may inadvertently let this slip. It makes more sense in my head, but I have trouble putting it into words! Again, I don't see how me being hypothetically wrong here could be indicative of my alignment.
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:03 am

Post by iraonavp »

Taly's reasoning only makes sense if there are scum-aligned players on MattP's wagon. Taly, who do you think could be scum-aligned pushing MattP?
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:07 am

Post by iraonavp »

In post 88, AlwaysInnocent wrote:Would Taly claim if he is scum?

I have not encountered a d1 miller claim before, and I am unsure how they are usually handled! I suggest we (except for the cop) ignore it, since Taly could be either scum-aligned pretending to be a miller, or a real miller.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:09 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

bringing a claimed miller in lylo is extremely dangerous but we can just ignore it till that point
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:01 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Taly doing Taly things.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:04 am

In post 110, iraonavp wrote:

I have not encountered a d1 miller claim before, and I am unsure how they are usually handled! I suggest we (except for the cop) ignore it, since Taly could be either scum-aligned pretending to be a miller, or a real miller.

Mathilda hasn't posted yet? Vote is becoming more legit.

If she needs replacement, RC, please consider Titus :)
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:05 am

Ignore the quote.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:16 am

Post by Taly »

In post 75, AlwaysInnocent wrote:
Thoughts on Matt + wagon?
Meh. Not really actually. :/

Ewww. Nothing?

In post 79, Garmr wrote:
In post 65, Taly wrote:
Spoiler: For Space and Convenience
In post 58, Garmr wrote:
In post 57, iraonavp wrote:
In post 49, MattP wrote:Forgive me, I'm on ambien that I swallowed a few minutes before this wagon started

I don't know how I should feel about this, considering that he has mentioned his usage of Ambien in previous games and it probably affects his judgement and behavior. It may not necessarily account for what he has posted here, though. I would definitely like to retain the pressure on his wagon and hear more from MattP once he becomes unaffected by his medication.

It may be because of his medication he didn't think it through and responded what was on top of is mind. I am starting to think he could show his scum game more when his drugged up.

Are you using meta to decipher Matt's play? Could you direct to the post to where he's likely scum in your eyes - as previously stated, I'm not seeing it.

The "scum-like meta when drugged up" thing doesn't seem to hold a lot of weight.

In post 62, AlwaysInnocent wrote:
Explain this Radja vote AI.
Ironically for being one of the less active players. Just see it as a random vote.

Alright, I'll take that at face value.

No reaction to my claim?

Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 61, Taly wrote:I want to say Matt is town for being so quickly pushed L-2 by the 2nd page, just for saying "Why" to a wagon.... His reasoning doesn't mark me as scummy, unless I'm missing something?

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=64070

Blocky was town who got lol-hammered day 1?

And that's relevant, how? Is that an alt?

Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 61, Taly wrote:quickly pushed L-2

whats makes him town base on this?

>
I've yet to see RVS wagons hit scum, despite how uncredible this reason is.
>
How can scum be so quickly pushed to L-2? You'd think someone would have a stance opposing it but I don't see much of any resistance here.
>
"Why?" Isn't a good basis for a scumread. I can see if they had meta congruent to this and someone would like to keep someone at L-2 there... But it doesn't really make sense. Questions in RVS
should
be asked, and that's how I'm seeing this wagon formed over.

How about instead of focusing on the medication thing and putting your own words into it (it's nothing to do with meta.) Seriously I don't like the way you tried to twist things.[/spoiler]

1)
I never said that the sole reason that there was a wagon on him was because he was medicated.
2)
The medication wasn't even the focus over the basis of why I think he's town.
3)
If you're not going by meta in reading Matt, then what does this mean?:
In post 58, Garmr wrote:
In post 57, iraonavp wrote:
In post 49, MattP wrote:Forgive me, I'm on ambien that I swallowed a few minutes before this wagon started

I don't know how I should feel about this, considering that he has mentioned his usage of Ambien in previous games and it probably affects his judgement and behavior. It may not necessarily account for what he has posted here, though. I would definitely like to retain the pressure on his wagon and hear more from MattP once he becomes unaffected by his medication.

It may be because of his medication he didn't think it through and responded what was on top of is mind. I am starting to think he could show his scum game more when his drugged up.

You said
'his scum game.
' What are you referring to? Were you not going off a playstyle you had over him previously?

The fact that you accuse me of twisting things when I'm trying to ask you questions on your push for a better understanding gives me really shitty vibes.

In post 79, Garmr wrote:The original reasoning on him was weak coming out of rvs and he could of easily argued a point to it being null but instead like that instead he played it off as him being harmless and it doesn't hurt anyone. IThat's scummy as.

You could have just said this instead of making wild assumptions of me questioning the wagon.

In post 79, Garmr wrote:The fact you ignored this being brought up and went straight to defending him means you either didn't bother reading the game or your purposely opting to do that and judging by your posts it leans to the latter which disturbs me.

Defending? I stated why I believed Matt was likely town and how I didn't entirely understand the wagon, if you saw my points and recognized that I did pose questions on the thinking of the wagon then why are you taking this in such a completely different direction?

Opting to do what? If I sheeped the thinking and vote on the wagon that'd push him straight to L-1. Scum and town could hammer, what would come from a flip like that in 3-5 pages when not everybody has even posted yet, specifically outside of RVS?

In post 79, Garmr wrote:Also your points
1. I have seen scum been run up in rvs I have been that scum that was run up in rvs and still lived and won. Just because you lack experience with it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. This is a fools way of thinking

Want to link me some games on this?

In post 79, Garmr wrote:2. Asking why over a rvs is ok the votes on him for it wouldn't of been that strong and would of quickly shifted when some else popped up but he panicked and tried to present himself as harmless. This is what people are voting him over and his weird behavior. Using medication as a excuse is awful as well and he shouldn't play if his drugged up.

Not exactly sure if he's being harmless if he's asking questions and putting his stance on things.

Didn't like the medication excuse, but does that mean he's scum?

In post 79, Garmr wrote:I really don't like your attitude around this wagon instead of going for what people are voting him for you go for the drug thing.

Seriously? You focused entirely on one part of my thinking. The drug thing is irrelevant other than me asking you of how it reflected his scum-game.

Why not my reasoning stated on how nobody has really done anything about it? Or how I thought that his questioning made sense.

In post 79, Garmr wrote:Also your defending the wagon while you haven't listed one person as scum or thought of one person as scummy. You can be scum I don't see any town effort put into your posts your just looking for the white knight.

Stated that Aero's posts felt weird in my opening post.

Saying that this entire post on me seems very stretchy since you expand on one thing I said, and casted me off as WKing.... Though, I'm mixed on my read over you.

I typically don't form scumreads quickly in D1. I can link you several games where that's happened.

And since when is townhunting not effort in solving the game? I'm figuring this out for myself, and yet you degrade all of that as not putting in any effort....

In post 80, Garmr wrote:people I don't like
taly
mattp

People I do like frozen.

Good that you have a list of people you 'don't like.' :igmeou:

In post 83, Garmr wrote:dwelee let me bitch slap you for being dumb there we go.

I don't think matt is town. But taly is treating matt like they are town with no reasoning and defending them by distorting facts this is white knighting the wagon.

You're continuing the idea that I'm WKing someone and saying I'm distorting the facts yet you've never asked anything to clarify and instead assumed that I'm "defending" someone I think is likely town.

Furthermore, you continue to say that despite my reasoning on Matt - you claim I have no reasoning there... But didn't I already state it?

:roll: The floor is yours to ask me everything you want to know involving the claim.

>>>>>>>>>>>>

Not sure how to feel about AI's recent posts. They don't seem to provide a lot, and only seem to post whenever it's relevant to them.

Lowell seems town, their opening post comes across as genuine to me. Similar thinking with FA.

iraonavp wrote:Taly's reasoning only makes sense if there are scum-aligned players on MattP's wagon. Taly, who do you think could be scum-aligned pushing MattP?

Possibly Radja, but that was probably an RVS vote. Other than that, Aero.

Don't believe my reasons are dependent on someone having to be scum on Matt's wagon. I just don't see someone being pushed that quickly to L-2 as scum.

I'm going to re-think the Matt wagon and Matt, but I don't see a push towards there atm. Assuming he's not on any medication, then I want to see his next few posts before a decision occurs.

>ABR,
do you have any major thoughts besides talking about replacements and saying I'm doing what I typically do?
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:18 am

Post by Taly »

Wait wth was that?^^^^ The font and size are crazy from what I'm seeing. Idk how that happened.

:facepalm:.... Guys, just put that post in a doc and make it bigger or something if you're seeing what I'm seeing.
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:22 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 115, Taly wrote:Lowell seems town, their opening post comes across as genuine to me. Similar thinking with FA.

In post 61, Taly wrote:Gut read on FA is town like in our previous game, but not solid.

Your agreed with him in what exactly? that I lied about the sniped thing or that post was off ? or that I brought nothing to game so far?

I'm here , talk to me

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:22 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

I think that happened because you reached the maximum character :)

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:37 am

Brace yourselves, mafiascum is about to crash.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:40 am

Post by Taly »

In post 117, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 115, Taly wrote:Lowell seems town, their opening post comes across as genuine to me. Similar thinking with FA.

In post 61, Taly wrote:Gut read on FA is town like in our previous game, but not solid.

Your agreed with him in what exactly? that I lied about the sniped thing or that post was off ? or that I brought nothing to game so far?

I'm here , talk to me

I'm not sure what you mean by who I agreed with? I just don't find what Matt's stated so far to be like scum.

Plus - Matt seemed reasonable in the face of his wagon. The idea that he didn't jump or do anything against the person pushing him suggests that he's figuring out the game versus going after whatever.

Why exactly did you vote there? Do you find him to be scum? I'm not seeing much reasoning there.

What do you think of Garmr?

I'm up for us talking. That's what we should have done more last game.

In post 118, Frozen Angel wrote:I think that happened because you reached the maximum character :)

I think MS could be crashing as ABR stated.

Guess I should post this quickly?...
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:45 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 120, Taly wrote:Why exactly did you vote there? Do you find him to be scum? I'm not seeing much reasoning there.

testing... still in progress :) I'll let you know later!

about Gramr , I don't find his push scummy. I can see why he triggered of there. about others in wagon, I don't like to talk yet, till I see their next lines of posts.

I was talking about Lowell. what part of his post about me you find your agreed with?

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:45 am

Claiming miller day 1 is something I've done as scum before.

I'm inherently suspicious of Taly for it.

Plus Taly trying to crash the site also points to scum.

But there are more worthy lynches around.
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:06 pm

Post by iraonavp »

Taly, what have you done?! I am scared to quote that post.

If the wagon on MattP didn't have scum-aligned players on it, then the speed of the wagon doesn't make MattP town-aligned. It could then just be a well-organized town working together to wagon a scum-aligned player. Bussing is also a thing! I don't think it's reasonable to say that he's likely town-aligned simply because he was wagoned quickly, it's more nuanced than that.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:10 pm

Taly 300 characters max per post please.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”