Newbie 1674: Fireworks! -- Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:44 pm

Post by insanity018 »

Votecount 1.4 (unchanged)

andreasgan
(1): Alita
Alita
(1): Smithereens
TurikoB
(1): Frozen Angel
Smithereens
(1): aphix
BadAtThisGame
(1): TurikoB
Frozen Angel
(1): ika

Not Voting
(3): ShockZephyr, andreasgan, BadAtThisGame

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2016-01-17 21:10:00)
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:45 pm

Post by insanity018 »

Replacing BadAtThisGame who has failed to respond to his prod.
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:02 am

Post by aphix »

In post 99, Smithereens wrote:Nothing. I just wondered if that was all there was to it. As scum, I might've done the same thing to illicit false positives.

You didn't do it though. So why talk about that? An attempt to not really talk about other players?
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:05 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

Smith are you accusing me that I used burden of proficiency to show some newbies scum?
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
andreasgan
andreasgan
Townie
andreasgan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:20 am

Post by andreasgan »

Daamn this is a lot of stuff, day 1 and 5 pages of confusing text. This is totally different than I'm used to.

I'm not too good with tells and reads and all that, but if I had to lynch based on gut feeling right now, I'd vote for aphix. Why the heck is he so hung up with Smithereens?
Kinda useless discussion if you ask me, but then again, I might be wrong because I suck
andreasgan
andreasgan
Townie
andreasgan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:25 am

Post by andreasgan »

In post 102, aphix wrote:
In post 99, Smithereens wrote:Nothing. I just wondered if that was all there was to it. As scum, I might've done the same thing to illicit false positives.

You didn't do it though. So why talk about that? An attempt to not really talk about other players?

What are you even trying to say right here? "You didn't do it though?" No, Frozen Angel did. Why are you tunneling so hard on smithereens?! It's suspicious that you're not even considering anyone else
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:30 am

Post by aphix »

In post 105, andreasgan wrote:
In post 102, aphix wrote:

What are you even trying to say right here? "You didn't do it though?" No, Frozen Angel did. Why are you tunneling so hard on smithereens?! It's suspicious that you're not even considering anyone else

Currently, there is no one else even talking. What little has been said leaves nothing to talk about. It's not at all beneficial to sit back and do nothing however. That provides nothing for no one.

The thing is, FA does something. Smithereens seems to not like it, but the only thing she provides is "I'd do that as scum." That's not helpful if smithereen does that as scum, because smithereen didn't do it. what one person does as scum doesn't imply any time it would be done it's done by scum. It's smithereen talking about something again, without actually taking a stance on it at all.

So you have read all the quotes I have posted of smithereens contradicting herself and you don't see a problem with it andreasgan? You don't think it's weird that in the same breath she says Ika's questions are worthless she states there is a clear town only answer ... so if you can get town tells from an answer how does it be useless. When I asked her about it, because it's clear the basic answers themselves are going to be null, and Ika explains he's looking at more how it's answered then what is answered, smithereen not only decides to change her opinion, that all the answers are null, but also continue to misdirect the discussion saying the answers don't matter when we've moved passed talking about the answers. She's trying to go back, and limit talking about something, instead of talking about it and moving on ... Discussion is what this game is about. Closing down information is ONLY good for scum. But smithereens is doing nothing but avoiding direct answers, skirting subjects, misdirecting, attempting to squash discussion, using bully tactics, delicating throwing scum on people but waiting to see who else bites ... but you know, I guess deceit and lack of discussion is town tells now of days?
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:13 am

Post by ika »

hi andrea. can you elaborate on on why you would vote aphix?
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:13 am

Post by insanity018 »

weisnix replaces BadAtThisGame. Please welcome him!
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:36 am

Post by Smithereens »

In post 103, Frozen Angel wrote:Smith are you accusing me that I used burden of proficiency to show some newbies scum?

No, you wanted discussion, so there it is. A questionable motive is a questionable motive. From a town's PoV, what does the question seek to elicit? It's a closed ended question so it's purpose clearly isn't to incite discussion, which is why I don't really believe you when you say that's all it was for. However, I don't read scum motivation behind the question, so I just think it's a curious thing to ask.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:43 am

Post by ika »

VOTE: smiterines

I'm about to head to work so I'll be around tonight
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:55 am

Post by Smithereens »

In post 110, ika wrote:VOTE: smiterines

When you get back you should rescind your town read on Aphix and your scum read on me. Wouldn't want to have to convince the IC using hard evidence.
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:04 pm

Post by aphix »

In post 94, Smithereens wrote:I'm just going to reiterate this last point though: Nobody has called you scum Aphix, please stop getting worked up over it. A bit of hush from you would make this thread a nicer place.

In post 111, Smithereens wrote:

When you get back you should rescind your town read on Aphix and your scum read on me. Wouldn't want to have to convince the IC using hard evidence.

Huh. You dropped the scum hint, then said noone was calling me scum I think this supports the fact.

Also, please no need to convince the IC, but perhaps the kids at home wouldn't mind you explaining your hard evidence?! Or again are we going back to the plan of sitting back and just pointing fingers and hope someone comes up with a reason to agree with you?
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:17 pm

Post by Smithereens »

He'll know what I mean. Atm you're trying way.. wayyy too hard to warrant a town read.

I mean, aside from all the bullshit conjecture, there wasn't anything I found that I could respond to.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:26 pm

Post by ika »

No go ahead and explain it to me
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:27 pm

Post by ika »

I would like to even here where I called aphix town. I'm at work but I got 30 to watch and talk.
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:34 pm

Post by Smithereens »

If you don't get it then I'm dropping it. All I can say is much disappoint.

Do you want me to point out all the fallacies and objective falsehoods in Aphix's tunnel, or do you see all of them?
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:19 pm

Post by insanity018 »

ShockZephyr has been prodded.
Alita
Alita
Townie
Alita
Townie
Townie

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:39 pm

Post by Alita »

In post 112, aphix wrote:
In post 94, Smithereens wrote:I'm just going to reiterate this last point though: Nobody has called you scum Aphix, please stop getting worked up over it. A bit of hush from you would make this thread a nicer place.

In post 111, Smithereens wrote:

Huh. You dropped the scum hint, then said noone was calling me scum I think this supports the fact.

Also, please no need to convince the IC, but perhaps the kids at home wouldn't mind you explaining your hard evidence?! Or again are we going back to the plan of sitting back and just pointing fingers and hope someone comes up with a reason to agree with you?

Uh maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, but she said no one was calling you scum first then called you scum not the other way around.
Alita
Alita
Townie
Alita
Townie
Townie

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:54 pm

Post by Alita »

In post 113, Smithereens wrote:He'll know what I mean. Atm you're trying way.. wayyy too hard to warrant a town read.

I mean, aside from all the bullshit conjecture, there wasn't anything I found that I could respond to.

In post 116, Smithereens wrote:If you don't get it then I'm dropping it. All I can say is much disappoint.

Do you want me to point out all the fallacies and objective falsehoods in Aphix's tunnel, or do you see all of them?

Seriously? The oh you don't get it so I'm not going to explain it routine. That's absolutely horrible.

VOTE: Smithereens
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:06 pm

Post by Smithereens »

Ik this is a newbie game, but there's still the expectation that you can read the Dp yourself Alita.
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:06 pm

Post by aphix »

Alita, I quoted where she said she could see me being scum attacking town. It's there in the thread. You can read it. It's pretty clear she wants to pretend that didnt happen. Like her saying town would only respond certain ways. Because I guess that didn't happen either.
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:03 pm

Post by Smithereens »

You haven't been called scum by anyone at all. Objective fact.
Townie ways of responding was an argument relative to the discussion on game theory, get your head in this game. I've stopped talking about it for a reason and I expect you to do the same.
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:52 pm

Post by aphix »

In post 61, Smithereens wrote:Alternatively it can be read as a pretty shitty attempt at driving for pressure against a townie as scum.

What is this, except for trying to hint that my play is scummy. Include that in you trying to get Ika to find things wrong with what I have to say, when you won't come out and say them yourself? You are trying to push people to scum read me without out being responsible for it.

All because I'm calling you out on your bull.

Are you trying to tell me you didn't say that only town would answer Ika's answers certain ways?
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:55 pm

Post by ika »

im waiting on smiterines to fill in the peices. Like this is a newbie so while i can understand the "withhold info" game. it is not ideal play for newbies

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”