Accountant's Utopia Philosophy

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:31 am

Post by shaft.ed »

In post 95, Davsto wrote:Can we hold all discussion until I make the bingo board thank you
/in
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:31 am

Post by shaft.ed »

In post 95, Davsto wrote:Can we hold all discussion until I make the bingo board thank you
/in
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:24 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 98, Dwlee99 wrote:What is your list of axioms from most to least important, accluntant?
I actually already posted this in the philosophy thread.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:25 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 99, Annadog40 wrote:What would you do to start this utopia?
Wait.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Showtime
Showtime
Townie
Showtime
Townie
Townie

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:44 am

Post by Showtime »

In post 86, Accountant wrote:My beliefs are derived from this absolute system of morality. If it didn't exist, where would my own beliefs come from?
Yourself.

Which, since an absolute system of morality
doesn't
exist, is pretty handy for you, really. You get to keep your nonsense beliefs and pretend that they have some sort of objective backing, even though they manifestly don't, because there are no laws against being incredibly determined to rationalize away the fact that no one else agrees with you as "well they're just wrong".
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:49 am

Post by Accountant »

LOL! My system of morality is objective and absolute, so claimjng that I created it would be tantamount to calling me God.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:51 am

Post by Accountant »

Don't worry too much about the fact that nobody else believes in this system. Everyone will, sooner or later, by one means or another. It's as inevitable as the march of time.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:52 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 104, Showtime wrote:Which, since an absolute system of morality doesn't exist, is pretty handy for you, really.
Actually it does. For example, my system if morality is absolute. Only a coward who does not wish to divide the world into stark right and stark wrong would claim otherwise.

Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:56 am

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 97, Accountant wrote:I agree. The problem comes when certain undesirable elements have very bad ways of "living as they please".
The only reason that the government should intervene in someone's life is if them "living as they please" is directly negatively affecting other members of that society. E.G, driving drunk. However, they should not intervene in a person's ability to
be
drunk if they so choose.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:59 am

Post by Aeronaut »

which is already true of our society, but this philosophy should extend to anything. Once you are a citizen, you should be allowed to fuck up your own life if you want "e.g, legally take a bunch of crazy drugs", because that is your life. You should not be able to take someone else's life because that is their life, not yours.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:00 am

Post by Accountant »

Being drunk is okay. Being a racist or anarchist is not.

Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:01 am

Post by Aeronaut »

The state itself should only be designed to protect it's citizens from outside forces, and to allow these freedoms, instead of the opposite and telling the citizens what freedoms they're allowed to have.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:02 am

Post by Accountant »

I disagree. Freedom is a privilege to be given to those who have shown they have the right mindset and attitude to use it correctly.

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:04 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I think we should punish people who say Pepsi is better than Coke
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Showtime
Showtime
Townie
Showtime
Townie
Townie

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:05 am

Post by Showtime »

In post 105, Accountant wrote:LOL! My system of morality is objective and absolute
Son, it is looking increasingly unlikely that you even know what the word "objective"
means
, let alone that you have successfully formulated an objective moral standard.

All moral systems are, at their root, fundamentally arbitrary and subjective. Yours does not escape this just because you start with the words "assume right and wrong exist". Nor does it escape this by saying "right is order, kindness, etc., versus wrong's chaos, unfriendliness, etc." Because, like it or not,
these are still entirely arbitrary value judgments

You say that
of course
this is what "right" and "wrong" means because this is what maximizes human happiness, but even without getting into the issue that some people (myself included) don't agree,
"'right' is what maximizes human happiness" is still an arbitrary value judgment."

The universe does not care about humans. The universe does not give a damn about human happiness. The universe doesn't give a damn about anything. It simply
is
. All moral codes are ultimately just made up by humans, and no amount of temper tantrums on your part will make them any more "objective".

Your entire "philosophy" crumbles before it even gets to the point where The Party takes over and turns the entire world into a shithole because of your delusions about one hundred percent perfection.
Showtime
Showtime
Townie
Showtime
Townie
Townie

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:06 am

Post by Showtime »

In post 110, Accountant wrote:Being drunk is okay. Being a racist or anarchist is not.
DOUBLEPLUSUNGOOD WRONGTHINK DETECTED

THOUGHTCRIME CONFIRMED

LET THE PURGING BEGIN
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:07 am

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 110, Accountant wrote:Being drunk is okay. Being a racist or anarchist is not.
You're right, it's not morally OK. I agree it should not be legal to only give your product in a store for example to one type of person; however unfortunately, you should be allowed to have your own opinions of people, even if they're backwards and awful. You should be
allowed
to burn the American flag, not because it's right (and it really isn't), but because Americans live in a country where they're allowed to share whatever opinion they want without fear of being killed or exiled. That's just, in my opinion.

I can tweet @DonaldJTrump "Go fuck yourself", and believe me, I have, without a second thought because I don't have to think about the government coming after me and telling me how to think about The President. Instead of telling people they aren't allowed to think racist thoughts, it makes more sense rather to focus on educating those people to understand why diversity is a good thing.
Last edited by Aeronaut on Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:09 am

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 112, Accountant wrote:I disagree. Freedom is a privilege to be given to those who have shown they have the right mindset and attitude to use it correctly.
There's no such thing as a "right" or "wrong" mindset. My right mindset could be your mindset. What if you posting this thread right now disagreeing with the government looked like the wrong mindset to them, and they decided to jail you?
2023 W/L | 1-0
Showtime
Showtime
Townie
Showtime
Townie
Townie

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:09 am

Post by Showtime »

In post 116, Aeronaut wrote:Instead of telling people they aren't allowed to think racist thoughts, it makes more sense rather to focus on educating those people to understand why diversity is a good thing.
Whoops.

Here we go about the reeducation plan again.

(A hint, Accountant: "makes more sense to focus on educating" is not the same as "force into mandatory diversity classes".)
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:09 am

Post by Accountant »

That is where you are wrong. It is true that all moral codes are made up by humans, but when a human is absolutely right - then wouldn't their moral code be equivalent to an objective one? Wouldn't that code be equivalent to God?

Your post rests on the assumption that just because a human says something or thinks something, it is just their opinion. However, a sufficiently righteous person can definitely impose their reality on top of the universe. Thus, from a universe of pure subjectivity we obtain objective truths. This is the power of the correct path.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:09 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 115, Showtime wrote:

THOUGHTCRIME CONFIRMED

LET THE PURGING BEGIN
Purging racists is good. Do you agree? Or do you sife with the racists?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:10 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 116, Aeronaut wrote:you should be allowed to have your own opinions of people, even if they're backwards and awful.
Why do you value the existence of something you admit is backwards and awful?

Showtime
Showtime
Townie
Showtime
Townie
Townie

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:10 am

Post by Showtime »

In post 117, Aeronaut wrote:
In post 112, Accountant wrote:I disagree. Freedom is a privilege to be given to those who have shown they have the right mindset and attitude to use it correctly.
There's no such thing as a "right" or "wrong" mindset. My right mindset could be your mindset. What if you posting this thread right now disagreeing with the government looked like the wrong mindset to them, and they decided to jail you?
unfortunately your actions have proven that you are a moral subjectivist

subjectivism is wrongthink

report for reeducation

glory to arstotzka
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:11 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 117, Aeronaut wrote:
Then they would be wrong, and I would be right. Absolute truth prevails above all.

Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:12 am

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 119, Accountant wrote:That is where you are wrong. It is true that all moral codes are made up by humans, but when a human is absolutely right - then wouldn't their moral code be equivalent to an objective one? Wouldn't that code be equivalent to God?

Your post rests on the assumption that just because a human says something or thinks something, it is just their opinion. However, a sufficiently righteous person can definitely impose their reality on top of the universe. Thus, from a universe of pure subjectivity we obtain objective truths. This is the power of the correct path.
There is no such thing as absolutely right.
In post 120, Accountant wrote:
In post 115, Showtime wrote:

THOUGHTCRIME CONFIRMED

LET THE PURGING BEGIN
Purging racists is good. Do you agree? Or do you sife with the racists?
Questions like this are leading questions.
2023 W/L | 1-0

Return to “General Discussion”