Open 697: Tit for Tat GAME OVER SCUM WINS!

Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:49 am

Post by Kop »

In post 83, WhemeStar wrote:
Vote count goes here!

TywinL
(1): Wavemode, Kunkstar
Srceenplay
(2): Assemblerotws, TywinL
kunkstar7
(1): Kop
guyy
(5 L-2!) : Raya, Smoothblue, Commknight, Flubbernugget, Srceenplay
Wavemode
(2) : Sesq, Srceenplay
Not voting
(0): no one!

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline: (expired on 2017-09-09 12:51:12)

Mod Note
: Assemblerotws has been prodded!
This guyy wagon has built up far too quickly for my liking. It almost town confirms him to me in the manner how quickly it's getting to L-2.

However if he did flip scum, this would obviously put my in a precarious position, but I just don't get a good feeling that slot is going to flip scum due to the nature of how quick it has gone up.

Question is, who is the opportunistic scum on that wagon, because there is zero way that wagon is all town.

Raya,
Smoothblue,
Commknight,
Flubbernugget,
Srceenplay

Screenplay is the one that is far too obvious for the manner of how he jumped onto that wagon, but it can be read in 2 ways in my eyes. 1) Opportunistic scum who just went with the flow. 2) Lazy town not wanting to actually find out about the apparent slip.

Smoothblues vote was RVS, then changed to serious dependant on whether he starts to scum hunt.

Flubbernugget, would be my second choice at being possible scum on this wagon.

Commknight, you need to explain your half RVS, half serious on your vote. Obvious scum comment too. If this isn't explained, then I'd put you on the same level as Flubber at being possible scum on this wagon.

Raya, unvoted after vote count was made.

In post 92, Flubbernugget wrote:Kunkstar, you had asked why I think guyy was awkward.

I think acting confused is really awkward in RVS, and I expect town to be more supportive of people having reasoning on page 1 no matter how thin it may be. He seems to be scumhunting now though, but his votes arent following his reads. I really think I'm onto something here.
This isn't really something that your making out, I've several times as town putting reads out there but not voting for them, most likely forgetting to vote.

I've seen several people also heavy scum reading someone but pressuring them in different manners without using the votes until things are most certain in your reads.

You and I obviously have different gamestyles and different understandings. I can agree with your views however, but I won't concretely say someone could possibly be scum because they aren't voting within 'your' reads put out in the thread.
In post 95, wavemode wrote:
guyy(5 L-2!) : Raya, Smoothblue, Commknight, Flubbernugget, Srceenplay
If guyy is town, I'd be surprised if this wagon were all town
In post 92, Flubbernugget wrote:Kunkstar, you had asked why I think guyy was awkward.

I think acting confused is really awkward in RVS, and I expect town to be more supportive of people having reasoning on page 1 no matter how thin it may be. He seems to be scumhunting now though, but his votes arent following his reads. I really think I'm onto something here.

How much of a scumtell is that, really? I think several people were confused at , myself included, just the way it is worded.
Yeah post 23 was a strange one. But I think I know what is being aimed in that post.

I don't find guyys confusion as awkward because I think some would have thought the same, but obviously not putting it in the thread.

However:

VOTE: Screenplay
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:26 am

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 96, wavemode wrote:That said, if guyy is scum, I like Srceenplay for partner after
So basically I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't. Sounds to me like I'm the safe vote.
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:39 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

In post 100, Kop wrote:This guyy wagon has built up far too quickly for my liking. It almost town confirms him to me in the manner how quickly it's getting to L-2.
I don't think it reflects on guyy too much since it's such an easy place to put a vote, but I agree that it likely has scum on it. I'm liking the srceenplay wagon more given the following:
In post 101, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 96, wavemode wrote:That said, if guyy is scum, I like Srceenplay for partner after
So basically I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't. Sounds to me like I'm the safe vote.
This right here is another scummy response, no effort to scumhunt, just a pure emotional reaction to vote on himself.
Vote: srceenplay.
Welcome to the Network.
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:43 am

Post by Srceenplay »

No. It more like asking him why not vote me instead of just shading if he thinks I'm scum no matter what.
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:54 am

Post by wavemode »

Stop playing the victim. I never said you were scum no matter what. I said 72 looks like bussing. But we don't know anything unless guyy flips so you're null to me.

Right now I'm much more interested in understanding the reasoning behind the guyy wagon.
retired...?
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:23 am

Post by Srceenplay »

I may have read through that to fast.
I see now it was tw o different points.
SmoothBlue
SmoothBlue
Goon
SmoothBlue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:56 am

Post by SmoothBlue »

Good enough for me.

UNVOTE: guyy

Its seems the wagon on guyy started shortly after I declared my vote serious, as Rayas was RVS. Still dont see the slip but definitely interested.
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:39 am

Post by Sesq »

guyy is town

VOTE: kunkstar
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:06 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 100, Kop wrote:This isn't really something that your making out, I've several times as town putting reads out there but not voting for them, most likely forgetting to vote.

I've seen several people also heavy scum reading someone but pressuring them in different manners without using the votes until things are most certain in your reads.

You and I obviously have different gamestyles and different understandings. I can agree with your views however, but I won't concretely say someone could possibly be scum because they aren't voting within 'your' reads put out in the thread.
This is weird

Guy isn't doing a any of the things you say town does when withholding a vote

You say you agree with me but then disagree with me within the same sentence

And then say I expect guy to follow my reads which is something I never said
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:07 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Also fast wagons early game aren't surprising
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:26 am

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 109, Flubbernugget wrote:Also fast wagons early game aren't surprising
How often have you seen them right?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:10 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Not much worse than the probable d1 mislynch
TywinL
TywinL
Goon
TywinL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:10 pm

Post by TywinL »

In post 78, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 73, TywinL wrote:Doesn't know what the slip is but votes anyway...hmm
VOTE: Srceenplay
Would you have been ok with the sheep if I didn't mention the slip?
No because I have said earlier that all of the vote-only posts needs to stop as they provide no information whatsoever. Your justification in 79 for your sheep is pretty bad too.
I can see this, but guuy is probably town.
TywinL
TywinL
Goon
TywinL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:17 pm

Post by TywinL »

In post 91, SmoothBlue wrote:
In post 75, TywinL wrote:@Smooth, the bolded is pretty much why I am townreading Raya so far.
Tywin,
I asked you to elaborate. I understood from the previous posts why you would agree with it, but I also indicated that Raya could just as easily have been inactive/not enough time to respond/scum ignoring pressure.

I'll make it clear for you this time. In your own words, why do you believe Raya is town rather than just ignoring the thread?
Right but you are incorrect if you think Raya "ignored" the thread because she posted during that timeframe. While yes, it could have been scum ignoring pressure, I was getting town vibes from her anyway due to her eagerness to scumhunt and gather information. So it made perfect sense for her as town to just ignore the RVS bullshit and just try to find scum.
TywinL
TywinL
Goon
TywinL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:20 pm

Post by TywinL »

In post 70, CommKnight wrote:Guyy slipped. It was half-serious and half-RVS. But it's staying.
Care to explain this please?
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:36 pm

Post by Sesq »

the lack of information is a strategy

for me, anyway
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:00 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

I bet it's the only way you're able to win scum games
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:22 am

Post by Kop »

In post 108, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 100, Kop wrote:This isn't really something that your making out, I've several times as town putting reads out there but not voting for them, most likely forgetting to vote.

This is weird

Guy isn't doing a any of the things you say town does when withholding a vote

You say you agree with me but then disagree with me within the same sentence

And then say I expect guy to follow my reads which is something I never said
I'm obviously stating that people have different methods, I know he hasn't done anything that I've said that I've seen done, but that doesn't mean he is actively looking at things and doing his homework outside of the thread. I'm just merely stating that, it doesn't necessarily put him in the scum pile that you were aiming at of you being onto something, it's a small thing that your trying to make big. It could change my opinion if towards the end of the day that he isn't chasing his active scum leads without any questioning, discussions or votes in that region, but until then, it's too early to say that your onto something without seeing any further effort from him.

I agreed, and stated my reasons that I agreed with your views on how your perceiving it all, but the only disagreement that I had was me specifically saying I won't have him as scum based purely on that.

I was saying him not voting 'your' reads as in his, I meant.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:34 am

Post by Kop »

Not really a safe vote. Your manner of you jumping onto the wagon is what brought you the attention, and it's warranted.

You voted for someone on the basis of not knowing what the slip was in the first place. I can't think of how you could even justify you jumping onto the wagon that was forming other than getting on a easy safe wagon. All you've done is replace one safe wagon with yourself.

I think if you voted Guy, it would have been less attractive had you removed the comment of not knowing the slip.
In post 102, kunkstar7 wrote:
In post 100, Kop wrote:This guyy wagon has built up far too quickly for my liking. It almost town confirms him to me in the manner how quickly it's getting to L-2.
I don't think it reflects on guyy too much since it's such an easy place to put a vote, but I agree that it likely has scum on it. I'm liking the srceenplay wagon more given the following:
This right here is another scummy response, no effort to scumhunt, just a pure emotional reaction to vote on himself.
Vote: srceenplay.
You might disagree with it reflecting too much on Guy, but in my eyes, the manner of the wagon forming it is looking most likely town.
In post 104, wavemode wrote:Stop playing the victim. I never said you were scum no matter what. I said 72 looks like bussing. But we don't know anything unless guyy flips so you're null to me.

Right now I'm much more interested in understanding the reasoning behind the guyy wagon.
Am I being thick here, please someone help me out on getting the understanding correctly here, bare with me.

You never said he was scum, but you think 72 looks like bussing. Right logic in myself tells me:

Your (screenplay) not scum.

But 72 looks like bussing.

Bussing = your scum

You (screenplay) look like scum bussing a partner.

You didn't specifically call him scum, but if I'm thinking about this correctly, your implying he is scum.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:04 am

Post by wavemode »

In post 118, Kop wrote:You never said he was scum
?

Yes, I did

I said if guy is scum, he could be the partner

What I didn't say is that he's definitely scum no matter what
retired...?
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:48 am

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 119, wavemode wrote:
?

Yes, I did

My first read I thought he was implying that I was scum no matter what but after ready again he just implies scum are on his wagon no matter what.
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:53 am

Post by CommKnight »

It was a reaction test, I gotta reread a few people when I get home tonight, but right now I think wave and kunk will be the two I push. This is early in Day 1 but I'm willing to bet of any scum not on the wagon, it's between these two who are bad at faking scum hunting.

UNVOTE: Back after work. I'm glad he racked up votes early though, it'll make my job hunting scum all that much easier.
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Mini 1976 - Filled (Currently setting up)
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:53 am

Post by Kop »

In post 104, wavemode wrote:Stop playing the victim.
I never said you were scum no matter what.
I said 72 looks like bussing. But we don't know anything unless guyy flips so you're null to me.

In post 119, wavemode wrote:
?

Yes, I did

Am I misreading your bit in bold in the quote at the top, because that's telling me you never called him scum.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:07 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

In post 121, CommKnight wrote:It was a reaction test,

UNVOTE: Back after work. I'm glad he racked up votes early though, it'll make my job hunting scum all that much easier.
I really don't buy into this "reaction test" because your original post actually reads as a reply to Flubbernugget's #69. Now I even more so want to see what you get out your "reaction test" and your analysis of the wagon building, otherwise you're just saying things. You say your job scumhunting got easier, well let's see some scumhunting then.
Welcome to the Network.
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:09 am

Post by wavemode »

Yes, you're misreading. "No matter what" is called a modifier. It qualifies the statement to only be true in certain circumstances. In this case, it is a modifier describing "scum". That is to say, I did suggest that he was scum. But I did not say he was scum no matter what. In other words, I consider him possible scum in certain circumstances. But I did not say he is definitely scum in every circumstance.

Does that make any sense to you
retired...?

Return to “Completed Open Games”