Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:22 am

Post by overseer »

In post 97, skitter30 wrote:
In post 94, overseer wrote:
In post 88, skitter30 wrote:
In post 64, overseer wrote:
In post 63, Radical Polaroid wrote: I think Overseer is spending a lot of focus and attention on something not very important to the game. They are coming off as engaging, but it doesn't feel like a genuine thought path.
I'm trying to see if skitter has a town read off one post, which would be tmi. If you don't like scum hunting and just want silence no need to shade me, just say so.

Talking about any content not being important to the game when it's dead and you've contributed nothing. That's just silly.
In what way is this tmi
Is this rhetorical?
No. Why is it tmi?
I don't think it is, you apparently think it is, so i'd like you to explain it to me
Because I just cannot see what you're seeing, there's just no way to know off that post. And I'm not being closed minded here NO ONE else sees it as town. Every other comment I've seen on the post was that it's not alignment indicative, there's been a back and forth about why it's not alignment indicative. Merlyn even said that she thought you were JOKING. I just took it a step further to ask if you were actually serious about it, which was apparently scummy of me lol.
overseer
overseer
He/Him
Goon
overseer
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:27 am

Post by overseer »

In post 98, skitter30 wrote:
In post 95, overseer wrote: Skitter30 - I have played with skitter before, and she was pretty good, I feel she was very stingy with her vote and explored all angles, even when we had a basically confirmed scum. This time her questions to me just feel shallow. Her vote on me comes off as opportunistic on a case that is very weak. I'm suspicious of her town read on political clout as well.
yeah ok so :

- we have less than 100 posts still. at this stage, any vote/read i make isn't going to be based on anything super strong, i'm using the limited information i have to try to make progress
-that sometimes in order to move things along, you need to make mountains out of molehills, and it might not be based on a ton
- in short, i agree with you that my vote on you is not iron-clad and that i might be reaching a bit in order to try to generate content and start to form reads on people
- the thing that i have an issue with is *why do you think this is more likely to come from scum-me than town-me*. the fact that you're jumping here to call me scum over this is not great; i don't feel like you're not considering town worlds, but are just assuming i'm scum here
- i would like to hear more about how my vote was oppurtunistic, it was the second vote on you
- what do you think i should be doing here, at this stage of the game, to make my questions *less* shallow

i'm kinda getting the vibe that you dont' like that i'm scumreading you, so you're scumreading me in turn tbh
EXACTLY. How come here you make perfect sense? Why do you make this argument when you were literally hopping on me for this reason. Re-read what you posted here, and look closely at the case on me.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:45 am

Post by skitter30 »

I don't know what you're trying to say
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:47 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 100, overseer wrote:
In post 64, overseer wrote:
In post 63, Radical Polaroid wrote: I think Overseer is spending a lot of focus and attention on something not very important to the game. They are coming off as engaging, but it doesn't feel like a genuine thought path.
I'm trying to see if skitter has a town read off one post, which would be tmi. If you don't like scum hunting and just want silence no need to shade me, just say so.

Talking about any content not being important to the game when it's dead and you've contributed nothing. That's just silly.
In what way is this tmi
Is this rhetorical?
No. Why is it tmi?
I don't think it is, you apparently think it is, so i'd like you to explain it to me
Because I just cannot see what you're seeing, there's just no way to know off that post. And I'm not being closed minded here NO ONE else sees it as town. Every other comment I've seen on the post was that it's not alignment indicative, there's been a back and forth about why it's not alignment indicative. Merlyn even said that she thought you were JOKING. I just took it a step further to ask if you were actually serious about it, which was apparently scummy of me lol.
I don't *know* that they're town, but i formed a read and think that's more likely to come from town

Are you trying to say that having a read that nobody else has is tmi?

Also i'm not saying you're scummy for calling that tmi
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

overseer
overseer
He/Him
Goon
overseer
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:19 am

Post by overseer »

In post 103, skitter30 wrote:
In what way is this tmi
Is this rhetorical?
No. Why is it tmi?
I don't *know* that they're town, but i formed a read and think that's more likely to come from town

What? That's not what I'm trying to say at all. Having an alignment read, town read specifically, after 1 RVS post is scummy, scum know alignments so can dish out that sort of thing with ease. It's a basic concept - I KNOW YOU KNOW THIS. You're trying to confuse me with word play or something. Same with the RVS shenanigans. You ask questions that is obvious and you know the answer to try and spin my answers.

Let me guess your partner radical polaroid is gonna go on about how I'm aimlessly forcing or talking about this tmi angle that's not important but it's actually you that set up the trap. Makes sense now.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:18 am

Post by Aisa »

camelCasedSnivy replaces areebot.
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:21 am

Post by camelCasedSnivy »

Yo guys I'm snivy

My slot hasn't said… anything, at all.

Will start reading this banter in a bit.
master at being scum(my)
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:32 am

Ok so immediately yall looked into the selfvote a lot more than needed; I self voted a LONG TIME back into 2 games where I was both townie.

Also looking at the fight between political and overseer made me think overseer was towny, as well as skitter and overseer's banter too. Neither of those felt like 2 townies just not understanding each other, so that's my main read right now.
master at being scum(my)
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:41 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 104, overseer wrote:
In post 103, skitter30 wrote:
In what way is this tmi
Is this rhetorical?
No. Why is it tmi?

What? That's not what I'm trying to say at all. Having an alignment read, town read specifically, after 1 RVS post is scummy, scum know alignments so can dish out that sort of thing with ease. It's a basic concept - I KNOW YOU KNOW THIS. You're trying to confuse me with word play or something. Same with the RVS shenanigans. You ask questions that is obvious and you know the answer to try and spin my answers.

Let me guess your partner radical polaroid is gonna go on about how I'm aimlessly forcing or talking about this tmi angle that's not important but it's actually you that set up the trap. Makes sense now.
no, i don't think it's scummy to form a read after one rvs post at all, and i don't get why you think it is

are you really trying to tell me town can't try to form reads after one post? this is a basic concept i'm not familiar with ...

like can you point to other places where you (or anybody, really) held the belief that doing this was scummy? you seem a little over-outraged that i don't know this but i'm not familiar with this at all that the outrage seems fake

also, i'm noting that you didn't really respond to

also, i think that basically partnering me + radical paranoid b/c we're both scumreading you is a silly read - do you really think that both partners come out of the gate pushing you?

i'm also not sure where the 'trap' is
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:41 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 107, camelCasedSnivy wrote: Ok so immediately yall looked into the selfvote a lot more than needed; I self voted a LONG TIME back into 2 games where I was both townie.

Also looking at the fight between political and overseer made me think overseer was towny, as well as skitter and overseer's banter too. Neither of those felt like 2 townies just not understanding each other, so that's my main read right now.
i would like to hear more abt your overseet townread, thank you
Show
Hiatus once more.

overseer
overseer
He/Him
Goon
overseer
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:59 am

Post by overseer »

In post 107, camelCasedSnivy wrote: Ok so immediately yall looked into the selfvote a lot more than needed; I self voted a LONG TIME back into 2 games where I was both townie.

The self vote all I wanted to ask if skitter was serious. It got dragged out a lot more than needed because my question got labeled as not important and I'm scum for even trying to ask it, then I got asked basically non questions which I admit I played right into by attempting to answer, and my answers then got spun into oblivion for another few pages.
overseer
overseer
He/Him
Goon
overseer
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:28 am

Post by overseer »

In post 108, skitter30 wrote: no, i don't think it's scummy to form a read after one rvs post at all, and i don't get why you think it is
You don't get why. So you're just ignoring all the posts where I try to explain to you why.
In post 108, skitter30 wrote: are you really trying to tell me town can't try to form reads after one post? this is a basic concept i'm not familiar with ...
No, this tactic of "you're trying to tell me" every time you've used these words you've flat out misrepresented.
I'm trying to tell you that after 1 RVS vote, it is scummy to have a town read. I've said this now multiple times.
In post 108, skitter30 wrote: ike can you point to other places where you (or anybody, really) held the belief that doing this was scummy? you seem a little over-outraged that i don't know this but i'm not familiar with this at all that the outrage seems fake
Fake becaus I'm not outraged. It's just posting style issue I guess. Comes off as aggressive I've been told a lot. Need to work on being more sensitive with my word choice maybe. I just find it hard to believe you don't understand why I think someone having a town read after 1 post is tmi.
In post 108, skitter30 wrote: also, i'm noting that you didn't really respond to 95
Which is the real post? I doubt you meant I should be responding to myself.
In post 108, skitter30 wrote: also, i think that basically partnering me + radical paranoid b/c we're both scumreading you is a silly read - do you really think that both partners come out of the gate pushing you?
I'm more concerned with the reasons behind votes that who is voting who specifically. And both your reasons seem scum driven. Also this looks like a tag team effort on me. The timing and cohesion is suspicious. TBH I'm not actually convinced you're a team but I don't get that feeling that you can't be a team.
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:44 am

Post by Political Clout »

never talked to overseer are you just skimming the thread? that's something scum would do. who are you getting me confused with?
Ya basic!
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:52 am

In post 109, skitter30 wrote:

i would like to hear more abt your overseet townread, thank you
On phone rn, I'll point to specific posts to show what I mean.
In post 112, Political Clout wrote:

never talked to overseer are you just skimming the thread? that's something scum would do. who are you getting me confused with?
Omfg I meant radical not you
master at being scum(my)
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:15 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 95, overseer wrote: Skitter30 - I have played with skitter before, and she was pretty good, I feel she was very stingy with her vote and explored all angles, even when we had a basically confirmed scum. This time her questions to me just feel shallow. Her vote on me comes off as opportunistic on a case that is very weak. I'm suspicious of her town read on political clout as well.
yeah ok so :

- we have less than 100 posts still. at this stage, any vote/read i make isn't going to be based on anything super strong, i'm using the limited information i have to try to make progress
-that sometimes in order to move things along, you need to make mountains out of molehills, and it might not be based on a ton
- in short, i agree with you that my vote on you is not iron-clad and that i might be reaching a bit in order to try to generate content and start to form reads on people
- the thing that i have an issue with is *why do you think this is more likely to come from scum-me than town-me*. the fact that you're jumping here to call me scum over this is not great; i don't feel like you're not considering town worlds, but are just assuming i'm scum here
- i would like to hear more about how my vote was oppurtunistic, it was the second vote on you
- what do you think i should be doing here, at this stage of the game, to make my questions *less* shallow

i'm kinda getting the vibe that you dont' like that i'm scumreading you, so you're scumreading me in turn tbh
@overseer i meant this one, not 95, mb
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:16 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 111, overseer wrote: I'm trying to tell you that after 1 RVS vote, it is scummy to have a town read. I've said this now multiple times.
no, it's not. it isn't the strongest read in the world, and you can form reads off on one vote, and it isn't scummy to do so
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:19 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 111, overseer wrote: I'm more concerned with the reasons behind votes that who is voting who specifically. And both your reasons seem scum driven.
Also this looks like a tag team effort on me. The timing and cohesion is suspicious.
TBH I'm not actually convinced you're a team but I don't get that feeling that you can't be a team.
soooooo ... this looks like we're tag-teaming you ?
like yeah you walk it back in the next sentence with 'oh maybe you're not teamed' but this is the second or third time now that you've implied you think we might be in cahoots pushing you

so, again: again, do you think scum would actually pair together this early to do that? you didn't actually answer the question i asked
Show
Hiatus once more.

Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:21 am

overseer is highly paranoid and think the scum team is skitter and radical and they're out to get him in some nefarious plot. I have no idea what this means for his alignment. which leaves another important question are radical and skitter out to get him? in 5 pages this early in the game seems highly unlikely. it is weird.

pre-edit: some irrelevant posts.
Ya basic!
overseer
overseer
He/Him
Goon
overseer
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:22 am

Post by overseer »

In post 115, skitter30 wrote:
In post 111, overseer wrote: I'm trying to tell you that after 1 RVS vote, it is scummy to have a town read. I've said this now multiple times.
no, it's not. it isn't the strongest read in the world, and you can form reads off on one vote, and it isn't scummy to do so
Donald Trump: Wrong. On a serious note it is less scummy for you to add that it's a very weak read.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:23 am

Post by skitter30 »

@political clout
given that you agree that it's 'highly unlikely' that me and radical are out to get overseer in a nefarious plot teamed together

what do u think this means abt overseer that he thinks this is what's happening

pedit you're the one acting like i declared him to be the strongest townread of all time. you're kinda taking the strength of the read all out of proportion and then calling me scum for having it so ...
Show
Hiatus once more.

overseer
overseer
He/Him
Goon
overseer
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:33 am

Post by overseer »

In post 119, skitter30 wrote:

pedit you're the one acting like i declared him to be the strongest townread of all time. you're kinda taking the strength of the read all out of proportion and then calling me scum for having it so ...
No all I intended was to ask a question to you. And I found it suspicious, slight scum lean at best.

My scum read and vote on you was mostly because of your play and exchange with me after.
overseer
overseer
He/Him
Goon
overseer
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:38 am

Post by overseer »

In post 116, skitter30 wrote:
In post 111, overseer wrote: I'm more concerned with the reasons behind votes that who is voting who specifically. And both your reasons seem scum driven.
Also this looks like a tag team effort on me. The timing and cohesion is suspicious.
TBH I'm not actually convinced you're a team but I don't get that feeling that you can't be a team.
soooooo ... this looks like we're tag-teaming you ?
like yeah you walk it back in the next sentence with 'oh maybe you're not teamed' but this is the second or third time now that you've implied you think we might be in cahoots pushing you

so, again: again, do you think scum would actually pair together this early to do that? you didn't actually answer the question i asked
I think it's viable that you're a team. I do think it's unlikely though. I said it looks like a tag team. Wait what am I answering here exactly? Feels like I'm repeating myself or you're asking things that are in the quoted part.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:41 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

I'm developing a wild theory
On hiatus until the end of grad school stops killing me.
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:46 am

In post 119, skitter30 wrote: @political clout
given that you agree that it's 'highly unlikely' that me and radical are out to get overseer in a nefarious plot teamed together

what do u think this means abt overseer that he thinks this is what's happening

are you just posting to post? that's something scum might do. what exactly are you trying to ask? if I think he's scum? or something else because it is not clear what you mean when you say what do I think it means about overseer. I posted that I have no idea what it means about his alignment and that it is weird. gun to my head I would call him town if i had to.
Ya basic!
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:54 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

yeah ok so :

So, here's the thing. I'm thinking the same way you are.

And yet, Polaroid came out in their first substantial post and was like, "yeah, this person is scum". Overseer thinks he has this game figured out while I still have no clue.

What do you all think of that difference in confidence levels?
On hiatus until the end of grad school stops killing me.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”