Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:29 pm

Post by Espeonage »

In post 85, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 84, sheepsaysmeep wrote: can u explain those more? I think theyre weird
Owl is over eager town.

Esp wants to control the game, but is projecting it onto Monkey.

Hu is too eager to sheep Esp......Thinking actually they cannot be scum together, but high equity one of them is.

Bella was just happy to throw out some town reads(this one is definitely a more snap read, just pinged me in all the wrong places).
I feel like there is a tonal difference. But also I feel like there's narcissism in the "Only you can prevent forest fires" kind of way where I really don't want people listening to monkey when I scumreading them.
Don't @ me.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:30 pm

Post by Espeonage »

In post 83, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 81, sheepsaysmeep wrote: oh wait yeah meh I found it, HEM calls espeonage a potential partner to owl
I feel really good about Owl being town.

There is AT LEAST one scum in Esp/Hu

Bella is the wildcard, feel like they are informed.
This is also setting up elims as well by the way. Don't fuck everything up if this is just stubborn tvt.
Don't @ me.
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:33 pm

Post by Quiet Owl »

In post 99, Espeonage wrote:
In post 96, Quiet Owl wrote:
In post 82, Espeonage wrote:
In post 68, Dunnstral wrote: What do you mean by eagerness to control the game?
It's like a pace setting thing. Especially like last night's posting. I touched on this with the going aggressive on reads early, especially when so little of the game has gotten to play yet as a potential pitfall, I believe I said that it can lead to TvTs bc we might all be arguing without a single mafia player around.

Add to that how they were posturing around the owl narrative and trying to coax votes out. I see that as trying to take a town leading stance which is a nice spot for experienced scum players.
here's the thing: i was uncharacteristically aggressive really early on in the game, but apparently that makes me look towny, instead of fairly obvious alternatives such as whiteknighting, or planned theatre with a scumpartner.

meanwhile monkey's aggression is read by you as scummy. going to need some elaboration here
I don't read your aggression is town because it's aggression, I'm reading you as town because the V part of VI.
and the distinction you make between idiotic aggression and scum aggression is...?
never trust anyone who claims i'm town. i reek perpetually of money laundering, accordion music, and suspiciously good pizza.
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:35 pm

Post by Quiet Owl »

no idea how anyone could read Hu either way. they have exactly two posts: a hello, and sheeping espeon. these don't strike me as alignment indicative
never trust anyone who claims i'm town. i reek perpetually of money laundering, accordion music, and suspiciously good pizza.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:51 pm

Post by Espeonage »

In post 103, Quiet Owl wrote: no idea how anyone could read Hu either way. they have exactly two posts: a hello, and sheeping espeon. these don't strike me as alignment indicative
I am guessing they meant monkey and mistyped HEM or did the same sort of typing slip as bella. Otherwise that post makes no sense.
Don't @ me.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:53 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

reveal ad hominem, buddy. i feel like you were well represented there.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:00 pm

Post by Espeonage »

You ain't no bogeyman. You're just scummy. Don't discredit discourse bc you're offended.
Don't @ me.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:04 pm

thanks for clarifying that i'm not a bogeyman. for a while there, i thought you were hyping me up as a major threat. i must have been imagining that!
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:08 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 96, Quiet Owl wrote:
In post 82, Espeonage wrote:
In post 68, Dunnstral wrote: What do you mean by eagerness to control the game?
It's like a pace setting thing. Especially like last night's posting. I touched on this with the going aggressive on reads early, especially when so little of the game has gotten to play yet as a potential pitfall, I believe I said that it can lead to TvTs bc we might all be arguing without a single mafia player around.

Add to that how they were posturing around the owl narrative and trying to coax votes out. I see that as trying to take a town leading stance which is a nice spot for experienced scum players.
here's the thing: i was uncharacteristically aggressive really early on in the game, but apparently that makes me look towny, instead of fairly obvious alternatives such as whiteknighting, or planned theatre with a scumpartner.

meanwhile monkey's aggression is read by you as scummy. going to need some elaboration here
This person gets me!
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:28 pm

Post by bob3141 »

In post 78, Hu Tao wrote: I like Espeonage so far for being town. I've had that thought before of scum doing the lining up thing.
What makes you think that Espeonage is town. Is it just one thought he had and if so what is that specific thought as he is the top poster
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:37 pm

In post 102, Quiet Owl wrote: and the distinction you make between idiotic aggression and scum aggression is...?
bumping this very good question
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:40 pm

Post by bob3141 »

In post 110, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 102, Quiet Owl wrote: and the distinction you make between idiotic aggression and scum aggression is...?
bumping this very good question
That posts feels a bit too opportunistic in its timing
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:43 pm

what do you mean there bob
when's the best time for it
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:09 am

Post by KittyTacky »

Flavor 1.1
John Horton Conway

John Horton Conway (born December 26, 1937, Liverpool, England; died April 11, 2020, New Brunswick, New Jersey) was a prolific mathematician active in the theory of finite groups, knot theory, number theory, combinatorial game theory and coding theory. He also contributed to many branches of recreational mathematics, notably the invention of the Game of Life, and was the leader of the JHC group.

Conway was emeritus professor of mathematics at Princeton University. He studied at Cambridge, where he started research under Harold Davenport. He has an Erdős number of one. He received the Berwick Prize (1971), was elected a Fellow of the Royal Society (1981), and was the first recipient of the Pólya Prize (LMS) (1987).

Conway's parents were Agnes Boyce and Cyril Horton Conway. John had two older sisters, Sylvia and Joan. Cyril Conway was a chemistry laboratory assistant. John became interested in mathematics at a very early age and his mother Agnes recalled that he could recite the powers of two when aged four years. John's young years were difficult for he grew up in Britain at a time of wartime shortages. At primary school John was outstanding and he topped almost every class. At the age of eleven his ambition was to become a mathematician.

After leaving secondary school, Conway entered Gonville and Caius College, Cambridge to study mathematics. He was awarded his BA in 1959 and began to undertake research in number theory supervised by Harold Davenport. Having solved the open problem posed by Davenport on writing numbers as the sums of fifth powers, Conway began to become interested in infinite ordinals. It appears that his interest in games began during his years studying at Cambridge, where he became an avid backgammon player spending hours playing the game in the common room. He was awarded his doctorate in 1964 and was appointed as Lecturer in Study at the University of Cambridge. He left Cambridge in 1986 to take up the appointment to the John von Neumann Chair of Mathematics at Princeton University.

Conway resided for many years in Princeton, New Jersey, United States with his wife and youngest son. He has six other children from his two previous marriages, three grandchildren, and two great-grandchildren. Conway died in New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA, of complications from COVID-19 at age 82 on April 11, 2020; his name was among those listed on the New York Times' front page of May 24, 2020, where he was described as “a magical genius”.

Conway is the inventor of Conway's Game of Life, one of the earliest-studied and most well-known examples of a cellular automaton. He discovered many of its most fundamental and important patterns, including blinker, block, lightweight spaceship, pulsar, and R-pentomino. He was the first person to enumerate all still lifes with 7 or fewer cells.

Source: LifeWiki

Vote Count 1.1With 13 votes in play, it takes 7 to eliminate.

Quiet Owl
(3): humaneatingmonkey, sheepsaysmeep, Dunnstral
humaneatingmonkey
(3): bob3141, Random Nurse, Espeonage
Not_Mafia
(2): Quiet Owl, Not_Mafia
Espeonage
(1): Doctor Drew

Not Voting
(4): Bellaphant, Peregrine, Hu Tao, Save The Dragons

Deadline:
(expired on 2023-07-04 10:00:00).

Mod notes:
To hell with the script. Forgive the huge flavor, didn't feel right to cut out any of it, for other subjects I'll include the more interesting stuff only.
@Espeonage please use vote tags instead of bold text as it makes it easier for me to find votes while skimming. Thank you.
If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:35 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 79, sheepsaysmeep wrote: hu tao where was the lining up
I'm not saying I agree with it, I'm saying it's something ive mentioned as town before
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:36 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 81, sheepsaysmeep wrote: oh wait yeah meh I found it, HEM calls espeonage a potential partner to owl

Wow you caught me
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:37 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 85, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 84, sheepsaysmeep wrote: can u explain those more? I think theyre weird
Owl is over eager town.

Esp wants to control the game, but is projecting it onto Monkey.

Hu is too eager to sheep Esp......Thinking actually they cannot be scum together, but high equity one of them is.

Bella was just happy to throw out some town reads(this one is definitely a more snap read, just pinged me in all the wrong places).
This is exactly what espeon means. "Both not scum but 1 definitely is" and then that gives reason to vote the other if one flips town. Suspicious of drew
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:39 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 101, Espeonage wrote:

This is also setting up elims as well by the way. Don't fuck everything up if this is just stubborn tvt.
Glad you saw this too.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:40 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 103, Quiet Owl wrote: no idea how anyone could read Hu either way. they have exactly two posts: a hello, and sheeping espeon. these don't strike me as alignment indicative
I never said I agreed with the read, just the thought that lining up vote outs are a thing. But yes I agree. Which is why drew is suspect
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:42 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 109, bob3141 wrote:
In post 78, Hu Tao wrote: I like Espeonage so far for being town. I've had that thought before of scum doing the lining up thing.
What makes you think that Espeonage is town. Is it just one thought he had and if so what is that specific thought as he is the top poster
Bob I literally explained this in the post you quoted...this reads as pretending to look busy and pretending to scumhunt.

VOTE: bob
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:45 am

At this stage Hu Tao, would you say Bob is more suspicious than Drew? Also, why do you think Drew is suspect and you seem to not agree with Espe that I'm scummy for lining up elims? Is it more suspect because Drew's reads particularly involves you and your townread?
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any!

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:58 am

Post by Peregrine »

Hello everyone!!!!!
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:10 am

Post by Peregrine »

Time to grab a few quotes!!
In post 10, Doctor Drew wrote: VOTE: Peregrine

We did it!!!
You did it mostly!!!
In post 23, Espeonage wrote:
In post 19, Quiet Owl wrote:
In post 18, Random Nurse wrote:
In post 17, Quiet Owl wrote: hi hello
why
do we have a wagon forming this early
Do you think page 1 *wagons* are serious?

What I do wonder is why you appear concerned for humaneatingmonkey.
the man-eater is fine. it is odd to see a wagon form on page one though, and particularly odd that you took that so personally so quickly. why is your immediate response an attempt to discredit me and then deflect my point by misinterpreting it?
This is aggressive, I'm gonna need you to say sike right now.
In post 25, Espeonage wrote: Gonna go and say I'm soul reading owl as town here. Feels like someone that doesn't play forum much, but plays irl or something and isn't used to shit hitting l-1 before they even post in the thread bc it's fucking funny.
I know this develops further but while reading I thought that this was a poor townread! It feels like it's trying to be too casual, I think is the best way I could describe it!
In post 47, bob3141 wrote: Im not sure scum would try to move the game so quickly. My gut is owl action far more likley come from town than scum
In contrast, this felt a lot more grounded! And I agree that Owl reads townier to me than mafia-y!
In post 66, Espeonage wrote: Monkey's eagerness to control the game feels scum-motivated. And this is only exacerbated by the fact that they have really gone hard on the proverbial low hanging fruit.

The lining up of lynches is also always something I am watchful of. In both cases, if owl is town, monkey is just being negligent if town, and if owl is scum it's a very aggressive theater strat. The common thread being that monkey lining up lynches is poo poo.

vote: humaneatingmonkey
I also feel like it is a weird characterization to say people are going after low hanging fruit so early on, because I really do not get the sense that anyone is thus far! It feels like an assessment someone's made about how they are going to approach the game to get other people killed out of necessity, and not of alignment? Ignoring the fact that the archetypical posting of "low hanging fruit" can come from mafia as well, and isn't really a good indicator of town/mafia in my opinion!!

To push beyond the "easy" eliminations as Espeonage has deemed them to go after someone they view more as a threat feels like they are the one setting things up, but it is a good argument to make about someone who could intervene!

(And while this may seem opportunistic of me to make, because I have the foresight of what posts come after this and how I could tailor them to fit myself, I really do agree with HEM this game and believe them to be strongly town!)

VOTE: Espeonage
I think that! If you have someone agreeing with a person because they have the same thoughts it is probably more likely lazy town than mafia, but if Hu is mafia and Espeonage is town, and Espeonage is putting in a clear amount of work that
seems
thoughtful or helpful to the mafia (which I believe it to be currently!), it doesn't hurt to encourage it and put out support!!
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:12 am

Post by Peregrine »

As for Quiet Owl and Random Nurse... I am going to give them a big shrug right now!! I think I err towards Owl being town as well if only because I view their play currently, as mafia, as very... basic, or wooden?? And I tend to assume the better of people's mafia play!! To my own detriment!!

I have less feelings about Nurse to share, other than I feel like HEM's name keeps popping up in places this game in a way that is bothering me a bit!

Which I guess is me talking myself into a small mafia-read on Nurse for pushing a narrative that bothers me akin to Espeonage's!!!
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:13 am

Post by Peregrine »

In post 119, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 109, bob3141 wrote:
Bob I literally explained this in the post you quoted...this reads as pretending to look busy and pretending to scumhunt.

VOTE: bob
I am intervening to say that this doesn't really make sense because it appears that you did not read Bob's post in full -- it was asking for a specific thought, and you said you've had that thought, but didn't clarify which! And Bob was asking so that they could understand!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”