Mini Normal 2276: Around the World - Game Over!

Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:28 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 992, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 952, Crescent wrote:#948 and #949 are a good representative example of why she feels so fake. That's an [incredible] mood swing between those posts.
That’s normal for her
So what you're both basically saying is that virtually every post she's made in the game is strictly NAI because she makes these crazy outbursts that look like fake emotion in every game?

How does anyone actually read such a player?
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:29 am

Post by Corwinoid »

I don't have history with marci, but I've not gotten that vibe, no.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:31 am

Post by Corwinoid »

In post 1000, Crescent wrote:
In post 952, Crescent wrote:#948 and #949 are a good representative example of why she feels so fake. That's an [incredible] mood swing between those posts.
That’s normal for her
So what you're both basically saying is that virtually every post she's made in the game is strictly NAI because she makes these crazy outbursts that look like fake emotion in every game?

Voting actions, underlying motivations. Same way you develop logic oriented reads instead of psychological oriented reads on anyone?
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:32 am

Post by Ausuka »

Corwin if you're caught up now do you think Marci is mafia?
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:34 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 997, Ausuka wrote:I feel like it's NAI? It seems like she was worried she was stopping Corwin and Johnny from enjoying the game which I think is more indicative of the whole 'everyone is just playing this game to have fun at the end of the day' than win condition
Seems antithetical to “Marci is rude as scum”
Sure she could try to not make the game feel oppressive as scum but I think the execution of stating she didn’t want to make the game hard to read would be different
It doesn’t feel like a PR stunt.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:34 am

Post by Crescent »

That’s normal for her

In post 1002, Corwinoid wrote:
That’s normal for her

Voting actions, underlying motivations. Same way you develop logic oriented reads instead of psychological oriented reads on anyone?
I'm basically being told virtually all her posts so far are meaningless. Not sure how I'm supposed to read into that.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:35 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

That’s normal for her

I don’t think it’s fake emotion, and I find it sick you assume such of her. Try practicing a little good faith, eh?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:37 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1004, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 997, Ausuka wrote:I feel like it's NAI? It seems like she was worried she was stopping Corwin and Johnny from enjoying the game which I think is more indicative of the whole 'everyone is just playing this game to have fun at the end of the day' than win condition
Sure she could try to not make the game feel oppressive as scum but I think the execution of stating she didn’t want to make the game hard to read would be different
Not really? I think it's perfectly possible for someone to be willing to be rude and also not want to spam people out of the game completely. I don't get the vibe Marci, like, really means it when she says rude stuff like that
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:39 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

As I see it, Marci exhibits emotions like I do. Which is to say, whatever emotion she’s expressing is probably genuine. She just might act on it a little different as mafia.
<Embrace The Void>

Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:39 am

Post by Crescent »

On a side note I still think Alex's vote on Marci looks bad and this has not changed.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:40 am

Post by Corwinoid »

In post 1003, Ausuka wrote:Corwin if you're caught up now do you think Marci is mafia?
Not really feeling it, no.
In post 1004, Gamma Emerald wrote:
I think this actually puts into words more of what I was feeling than I could think of. just felt super off the cuff and not artificial at all, even if the general 'play' is NAI this doesn't feel like a scum way of replying with it.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:41 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1009, Crescent wrote:On a side note I still think Alex's vote on Marci looks bad and this has not changed.
Do you care to offer input on my Alex opinion?
<Embrace The Void>

Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:43 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 1006, Gamma Emerald wrote:
That’s normal for her

I don’t think it’s fake emotion, and I find it sick you assume such of her. Try practicing a little good faith, eh?
it's not sick if crescent is scum it's just being scummy and acting in bad faith
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:43 am

Post by Crescent »

Virtually nothing good has ever come out of me displaying my emotions in a mafia game. It's a lesson that time and again I have to remind myself of.

I'm also used to playing with guys who treat AtE like a toy and constantly abuse it so the two are probably related.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:44 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1011, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1009, Crescent wrote:On a side note I still think Alex's vote on Marci looks bad and this has not changed.
Do you care to offer input on my Alex opinion?
Restate it for me, I have to drive again.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:46 am

Post by Corwinoid »

In post 1013, Crescent wrote:I'm also used to playing with guys who treat AtE like a toy and constantly abuse it so the two are probably related.
I am legitimately curious about what you mean here, and if you have some contrived examples?
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:01 am

Post by scamper »

okay i was waiting to see if corwinoid would respond and now that hes caught up i want to note that he completely blew off and hasnt justified why he claimed i sounded "angry/frustrated" in that post. what IS frustrating to me is getting ignored and i feel like it keeps happening this game.

i also want to note that corwinoids catchup was super dry and consistedmostly of him commenting on/replying to things and has one actual stance, which is that marci "felt super off the cuff and not artificial at all". thats the only justification he has for a read, and similar to his read on me, its all talk of 'feelings' an nothing more, just vague assertions, the kind of thing where its super easy to say stuff about people because you can say any post
feels
a certain way, but i dont get the sense corwinoid has any deeper thoughts about the game

and i want to remind you that corwinoid led off the game with this:
In post 529, Corwinoid wrote:
In post 388, scamper wrote:
In post 310, Corwinoid wrote:Hi Alex, hi Bella.

Bella 100% town because she's always town.

I'm caught up on the game but I don't have a lot to add right now, I've stayed up late to get the replacement sorted and I'm going to bed.

Hard town reading Crescent this game though.
so ur caught up and ur only reads are that bella and crescent are town?
Crescent's my only real read. Bella's just always town.

And yeah, when I replace in there's a honeymoon period were I don't really have reads until I start interacting with people and get an actual feel for them.
corwinoid has 27 posts now. he has made barely any attempts to interact with people in a meaningful way. a bunch of his posts jus now were complaining about having to catch up, but in tat time he was catching up he produced almost nothing of note - no observations, no reads, hardly any questions even

so i have to ask - if he gets his reads via interaction, why is he making virtually no attempt to realtime with people or interact in a substantive manner? where is the evidence corwinoid is thinking about the game at all, trying to form some meaninful picture of it? i can't see any.

what he *has* produced are self-aware posts like this:
In post 721, Corwinoid wrote:
In post 705, Crescent wrote:He never makes an argument against either, but what's in his ISO concerning Corwin is glaring. He highlights Corwin three separate times.
I mean, TBF I've been low activity so far since I replaced and on the defensive since the VLA comment. I don't think Alex is entirely out of line here. OTOH my D1 play seems to be consistently crap so I'm kind of getting use to it at this point.
In post 979, Corwinoid wrote:
In post 978, marcistar wrote:yall im sorry ill stop talking if it makes things easier
No, it's fine really. Some of my personal frustration with Crescent boiling over. I'd rather have people more active than not, it's just frustrating when that activity is mostly overnight for me and then I get shit on for not being immediately caught up.
and i feel like posts like these are notable because theyre very self-aware, theyre talking about how hes struggling, promising to get into the game, but now, itll be later

and i think this type of posting comes from scum more often than not because scum tend to be very self-conscious about their own scumminess, and its notable that corwinoid is doing all this stuff instaed of just...making actual reads, which i would expect from a town

and i was curious so i went and did some research and looked at corwinoids recent newbie game as scum, and i found these posts:

Spoiler:
In post 537, Corwinoid wrote:So I usually don't like giving blanket reads on everyone, I don't think it's as useful as some people think, and usually just fluff. Since I'm replacing in I'll post my first thoughts on everyone after the hockey game. Somnus though feels pretty obvtown to me, and I'm not sure why anybody is voting him right now (If my internal count is right, I could be off with the recent stuff between getting the replacement set up and actually getting in the thread)
In post 570, Corwinoid wrote:I'm through about the first 12 pages of my re-read, but I have a sleeping disorder where I won't get much sleep for a few nights/weeks and then crash pretty hard and oversleep, and right now I'm recovering from the oversleeping thing so I need to get some rest. I've said all I have to say for right now, and I'll hit this with fresh eyes in a few hours.
In post 731, Corwinoid wrote:
In post 727, Cheapside wrote:and we haven't even heard from one player.
I'm trying, I swear, it's not easy especially with one particular player just shit posting and quoting the exact things other people have said muddying things up and making it harder to wade through, follow context, and put it together with isos minus the crap.

So far I have solid TRs on Somnus and you, despite the low post count I've appreciated the quality. I don't know how to read Bella, but she doesn't seem scummy. I'm unsure on Rad, WD, and Spartan. Slight scum vibe from BBT. I just want Vasex gone; I think he's been completely anti-town and disruptive and it's really hard to think we're just not better off without him--I might be tunneling, but it's genuinely making it harder to read everyone else.

and these feel exactly like the posts hes making this game, where he keeps making excuses for being behind rather than playing the game, and complaining about how spam is making it hard for him to catch up. i think what hes doing here is more or less identical to that game
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:01 am

Post by scamper »

i want it on the record i still think marci is scummy but right now i want to do this

VOTE: corwinoid
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:05 am

Post by Corwinoid »

Oh holy shit, you can actually post more than one sentence at a time.
and these feel exactly like the posts hes making this game, where he keeps making excuses for being behind rather than playing the game, and complaining about how spam is making it hard for him to catch up. i think what hes doing here is more or less identical to that game
If the summation of your argument is new player replacing into games plays cautiously day 1 and you're going to selectively pick the completed game for that, my response is just going to be 'fuck off.' I'll wade through the first half of that after I smoke.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:06 am

VOTE: Corwinoid
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:07 am

Post by scamper »

In post 1018, Corwinoid wrote:Oh holy shit, you can actually post more than one sentence at a time.
If the summation of your argument is new player replacing into games plays cautiously day 1 and you're going to selectively pick the completed game for that, my response is just going to be 'fuck off.' I'll wade through the first half of that after I smoke.
i just wanna note its super oironic u accused me of "faking anger/frustration" cuz this is EXACTLY what that looks like to me
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:10 am

Post by scamper »

further: its not selective, you have 1 completed game that is not 5+ years old so of course i referenced that

i did take a look at one of your older town games and im not sure how good of a reference it is given the time difference between games, but there were a lot more efforts to actually interact with and qusetion people in a meaningful way even if you started slow, and im not seeing that here, at all
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:13 am

Post by Crescent »

So apparently it wasn't restated, so I looked it up. I disagree with the "chill" feeling because he was overreactive/overdefensive to the scrutiny his Bella vote put him under. He later goes after Corwin and Johnny just for existing - Overall he targets the three lowest posters in the game that weren't VLA, and seemingly easy targets to park votes on without much need for justification. When Marci's train gains steam again, he goes from two instances of calling her town (One of which was recent), to saying he's on board and voting her.

I get more "opportunist" vibes.
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:16 am

Post by marcistar »

corwin isnt this a clown fiesta
EVIL CANADIAN HATES BAJA BLAST

this clown has a gtkas unfortunately
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:17 am

{crescent, corwinoid, ????} datisi maybe? johnny maybe?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”