Mean Mod LoveFest - Game Over. But, whowonit?

Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:56 pm

Post by Mastin »

Kai wrote:@Mastin: I was laughing so hard during D1 and D2. I thought you had a better meta on me than you do. I was going so far outside my town meta this game it wasn't even funny, and you just took it in stride, even to the point of helping me policy lynch you. What made you so sure I was town?
Familiarity bias: The psychological effect that makes you think good players you've previously played with couldn't possibly be scum. I suppose. :P
And, Kai, my townread on you wasn't that strong. You were heavily against me, despite knowing my meta, you were supporting those who I did not...
If random/poptaj had been lynched instead of me, in fact, I likely would've just shot ya. :P
Battle Mage wrote:True enough, but Mastin vouching 100% for BC, was very impressive too. Had the town believed Mastin, the town would have had a massive edge.
I had a very strong read on BC. His claim was believable, he was within his meta, everything matched.
Mastin's meta, and confusing claim, reduced his reliability, but his read on BC was still spot-on.
The thing that killed me more than ANYthing else was being V/LA during the night, and not realizing it was night, until AFTER night was over.

So I was proud of my read. I just knew it was right, with every fiber of my body. My mission was, essentially, to lynch anyone wanting to lynch BC. :P
Battle Mage wrote:Haha, Mastin was told he was a Serial Killer, by name, but his role description was that of a Vigilante. All he had to do was work out he was actually a Vig, and claim that.
I DID. I knew I was a vig, I just thought I was ALSO a Death-SK-Miller. :P
Hahaha! Oh yeah, i remember that! Quite amusing really. Mastin never killed anyone. But, for some inexplicable reason, he thought he was a Compulsive Vig, and i submitted a kill for him. Crazy, huh? xD
That would be due to a phrase in my PM. Forget the exact wording, and which phrase, but I had good reason to think I was compulsive! <_<

Hey, BM. Remember the PM I sent ya final day? The one I sent ya because I honestly had no clue why the game wasn't over? Mind showing that to the others? I had fun writing that. (Short on time, short on time...)
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends
. :/
Advid reader/contributor to MD, as I'm far better in theory than I am in reality. :P

True to my word, I'm retiring. Totally not me. :P
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:19 pm

Post by ortolan »

the morale of this story is don't act really, really, really scummy especially when you think you're a death miller
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:46 pm

Post by Mastin »

ortolan wrote:the morale of this story is don't act really, really, really scummy especially when you think you're a death miller
Actually, the morale of this story is "Never, ever, EVER play more than one game at a time, never EVER forget to inform the players/mod you'll be V/LA, and NEVER forget to check the thread and see if it's the same."

If it weren't for those, I would've been fine.
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends
Advid reader/contributor to MD, as I'm far better in theory than I am in reality. :P

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:28 pm

Post by ortolan »

I wasn't really criticising you, it was more the fact you managed to go AFK during a night period where you needed to submit an action (which would have taken two minutes),
while
you were actively posting in other games at the same time. In conjunction you claimed death miller. I definitely thought you were very obv-scum or even a jester. But yer, vigs aren't much use when they don't vig anyway.

Actually, on that note, how did Porochaz die night one? I thought I was the scum-kill, vig didn't kill, and Haylen self-killed. How did Porochaz die?
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:03 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

I think that Haylen killed Porochaz and then activated a latent self-kill ability. It's the only thing that makes sense.

@Mastin: :P

Glad I got the lynch pushed through then.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:24 pm

Post by Mastin »

Kairyuu wrote:I think that Haylen killed Porochaz and then activated a latent self-kill ability. It's the only thing that makes sense.

@Mastin: :P

Glad I got the lynch pushed through then.
Darn right, you are. :P
(Honestly, who else was I gonna shoot? I had a town read on ZazieR, I had a VERY strong town read on BC [especially with his claim], Poptaj and Random both would've died, sky was going to be cleared by BC, and Haylen was "clear" for being revived back from the dead.
Who else WAS there? :P)
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”