Open 555 - Pick Your Poison (Game Over!)

Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:14 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

Scum had two absolute confirmed town and, well...if they for some reason thought Reinoe was or is lynchable they were out of their gourds. But even if you would like to argue that there were only two confirmed, that still means scum picked Toast to die for a reason as opposed to Knell (and maybe Reinoe). I think that it's pretty likely that's because his reads were darn accurate, or that scum wanted to suggest that they were. With that as a situation, I'm still pretty content with my Rach/Red pool.

What are your thoughts about Rach? Do you think Neil scum faking tracker would be fishing for the Cop? He knew he couldn't fish for the Vig as soon as the Vig didn't kill, so...cop fish, or would he have just named a buddy? It's my biggest bugaboo as far as suspecting Rach. Other than that I think she reads fine for scum, but I'm not sure if Neil would go for that play. What are your thoughts?
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:16 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

I think I'm at like 75%/25% Neil would pick town/scum in my absolutely randomly made up percentages.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:16 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1125, Squirrel Girl wrote:What are your thoughts about Rach? Do you think Neil scum faking tracker would be fishing for the Cop? He knew he couldn't fish for the Vig as soon as the Vig didn't kill, so...cop fish, or would he have just named a buddy? It's my biggest bugaboo as far as suspecting Rach. Other than that I think she reads fine for scum, but I'm not sure if Neil would go for that play. What are your thoughts?
Rach was probably the player I wanted to lynch most just off of neil/Chri's posting coming in, pre-massclaim postulation.
Neil faked tracker because he knew he wouldn't be countered. That claim was clearly meant to buy longevity for him and his teammates, and was the safest claim as well - tracker is easy to fake. As long as more than one scumbuddy is alive, you don't have to sell a single guilty, and none of your results become innocents at any point until you're the last one standing. Him claiming Rach as the N1 track target going nowhere does also paint things a bit in favor of RachScum - all it took was Rach claiming a PR that acted N1 and that plan blows up in his face and his claim goes down pretty quickly.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:01 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

You two make some good points (AGar/SG). I'd probably be down for a Rach lynch.

I'm the vig. SG can go next, if she'd like. I don't remember if she claimed or not.
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:07 pm

Post by Sharpest-knife-on-tree »

In post 1128, RedCoyote wrote:You two make some good points (AGar/SG). I'd probably be down for a Rach lynch.

I'm the vig. SG can go next, if she'd like. I don't remember if she claimed or not.
based on your initial response to the mass claim, this is not a shocker...
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:25 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I didn't think I was doing a good enough job hiding it since neil claimed, but I tend to get paranoid about that. I imagine most players do when they have a PR.
Knell
Knell
Goon
Knell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:30 pm

Post by Knell »

Victor's early vote and position on TSO in the early game doesn't jive well with him being scum. /:
Knell
Knell
Goon
Knell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:31 pm

Post by Knell »

I'm not sure if Neil was white knighting Rachmarie or not.
Knell
Knell
Goon
Knell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:37 pm

Post by Knell »

VOTE: Rachmarie
Guess we'll find out.

I think we should continue the mass claim.
Knell
Knell
Goon
Knell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:48 pm

Post by Knell »

In post 923, RachMarie wrote:I dont get how comments about how we played in a previous game of this setup and providing you all with some of the motivations we had for picking the PRs we did in that game is somehow a "slip" in THIS game.
Seems about right.
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:51 pm

Right now I got reasons to rule out many as scum, not so much on Rach
vote Rach
Knell
Knell
Goon
Knell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:55 pm

Post by Knell »

What are your reasons? You're safe from an nk now.
Knell
Knell
Goon
Knell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:37 pm

Post by Knell »

Actually. While it's nice that we can probably random lynch to victory. I'd still rather win today than carry that potential risk of losing. It would be annoying to watch this victory slip from our grasp.

Agar what do you think about Maziek. Barring initial suspicions related to the claim?

Do you guys see anything interesting in Neil's posts that you'd like to come forward with?
Neil wrote:Vic, you were impressing me... until this post. While I appreciate you changing your vote, it seems way too little too late. Not only do you take your vote off of a pressure vote (which you've had since the beginning of the game from RVS, and have gotten nothing out of) which I've never seen someone feel "pressure" from 1 vote before, FYI... but you ALSO decide to jump on the biggest wagon with literally, no case from yourself? Gah, you're making me upset. Just when I thought you were acting townish and even mentioning scooby doo, you go and mess my read up again!
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:38 pm

In post 1136, Knell wrote:What are your reasons? You're safe from an nk now.
why the no fear of NK comment, I was never afraid of a NK?
the 3 role are still alive.
1 scum out of 5 but I know I am the vanilla townie I clam to be.
after pressure and play SG seems town to me.
I thought Victor was town from start, could I be off certainly
agar is doing some interesting work.
Knell
Knell
Goon
Knell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:45 pm

Post by Knell »

Rereading with skim and I'm back to not being sure about Neil and Victor, barring that one post by Neil where he backed off on his town read of victor to remain on the fence. there are plenty of things Victor did to make that trail run cold on reread. Almost too many. Toasty's town read of Victor was empathy based and had to do with what I assume is reading his previous games and feeling bad for him that he got mislynched a lot as town.

@Knife, that's not super thrilling, but it might do. Do you see anything else that you think might help us win sooner rather than later?
Knell
Knell
Goon
Knell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:46 pm

Post by Knell »

I figured, the only reason any one would be not elaborating on their reasons at this point is because of nk potential.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:59 pm

Post by singersigner »

Votecount

RachMarie (2) - Knell, Sharpest-Knife-On-Tree
Squirrel Girl (1) - RedCoyote

not voting (5) - RachMarie, AGar, reinoe, VictorDeAngelo, Squirrel Girl

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:10 pm

In post 1140, Knell wrote:I figured, the only reason any one would be not elaborating on their reasons at this point is because of nk potential.
I am not used to giving reasons for everything...
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:20 pm

all the claims are things that will work out. Doc claims on day one are eye brow raising but no reason to push it. No reason for a mass claim either, imo
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:23 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

Claim: Cutest necromancer that I ever did see

I have the ability to, by dying, talk to the dead.

Some people call this VT - but I'm a rebel.

Okay, with Red cleared, that pretty much takes me to AGar, Neil, Victor, Rach, Sharpest as my scumpool (others may adjust as needed) I don't think Neil or Victor are it. Like, I really don't. I find Cxin pretty good too, as described earlier. Wasn't really a counter, but...it felt like a flip that Neil was okay with. I really don't actually think it's Sharpest, but will admit my reasons for clearing him are not as solid as the other three so maybe I'm wrong.

Edit:

And, actually I voted, and announced I was "hip to flip" (and was proud enough of that to want to include it as a comment now, just so you can all bask in my ability to perform "the basic process of a rhyme". But, that said.

@AGar - you're all like 'Neil would fear a PR claim from Rach' but...like, what? Scum knew what the PRs were. IC isn't going nowhere. They know for a fact the Vig sat on his bum. So, literally, there is a, like 1/9 chance of pegging the Cop...and, worse case in that situation is that he outs the cop, he dies, but scum knows Cop at that point. Of course, Cop was basically, by definition going to claim Day 2 barring poor play, but...eh. I dunno, it doesn't seem that home run to me, why are you going with that as the story so well? I'm paranoid - de-paranoid me.
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:24 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 1143, Sharpest-knife-on-tree wrote:all the claims are things that will work out. Doc claims on day one are eye brow raising but no reason to push it. No reason for a mass claim either, imo
Are you posting in the right game?
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:24 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

I had to double check that I was.

I was!
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:53 pm

Post by reinoe »

In post 1143, Sharpest-knife-on-tree wrote:all the claims are things that will work out. Doc claims on day one are eye brow raising but no reason to push it. No reason for a mass claim either, imo
OMG LOL HARD~ :wink:
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:07 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1144, Squirrel Girl wrote:@AGar - you're all like 'Neil would fear a PR claim from Rach' but...like, what? Scum knew what the PRs were.
They knew what, not who.

It's literally just the smartest play given what the claims said. If scum wanted to out the cop, Neil would have claimed cop from the get-go. That way, the actual cop counterclaims, and they get to kill him. Kill two birds with one stone - no confirmed innocent outside of the IC. Neil's claim was completely survival motivated. 3 scum lived. They wanted to get the easiest win possible. You don't do that by risking a claim being torn apart by a result claim gone awry.

This making sense, SG?
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:13 pm

In post 1145, Squirrel Girl wrote:
Are you posting in the right game?
apparently not

Return to “Completed Open Games”