Mini 1748: ClownTardis Mafia - GAME OVER!

Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:43 am

Post by Rob14 »

In post 1121, Not_Mafia wrote:VOTE: Adaptive Heap

In post 1122, Not_Mafia wrote:Who's likely to do a "this won't point to anyone" style kill

Is there a meta here that I'm not aware of?
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:46 am

Post by Rob14 »

In post 1079, Shiro wrote:Rob I kinda see their point. FA had most of the support, it was obvious you were the one getting lynched. If someone was to wk for cred, they would defend you.

P.edit

I mean would an sk claim jk? It seems like a weird thing to fakeclaim

I quickly skimmed Shiro's ISO. If anyone has actual motivation to kill Shiro, it was AH. I don't see anyone else feeling threatened enough to want to kill Shiro due to their attention. And frankly, even considering AH to be threatened by the above post is stretching it.

Based on that, I think this was a "make a kill that won't blow back on us" kill. I don't see any other reason to kill Shiro. I didn't see anything that could be reasonably interpreted as a PR crumb in Shiro's posts (which was another possible explanation for the weird kill).
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:46 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

That was meant to be a question
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:47 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Wagon ho!
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:49 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Rob wrote:Then walk me through things, because this is what I see.
Because I don't believe that you think he's scum.
We can talk about that more once I'm caught up and if I'm in the place I'm in now we can talk about your meta.
And if we get there and talk about that and I still think you're scum then I hardpush you.
:)
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:50 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Also I think you're town NM, but you're probably gonna have to do better than NKA if you want me to take you seriously on adaptive..
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:52 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

That post was meant to be a question, I'm not voting AH for the NK
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:10 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Isn't the implication obvious based on who you're voting? :P Also why say wagon ho if you didn't want people to sheep your implication. You silly goose.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:06 am

Post by Rob14 »

In post 1129, Cheetory6 wrote:
Rob wrote:Then walk me through things, because this is what I see.
Because I don't believe that you think he's scum.
We can talk about that more once I'm caught up and if I'm in the place I'm in now we can talk about your meta.
And if we get there and talk about that and I still think you're scum then I hardpush you.

You'll see in my ISO that I've extensively explained my Pers/RC/Aero read.

And could you explain how you're concluding that I've not genuinely developed a read on the slot without even reading my posts ...?

Happy to talk when you're back. I might not be around much because of an upcoming vacation though.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:12 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

The 'development' has nothing to do with it.
It's the way you're presenting it.
It doesn't feel like you believe what you're saying at all.

Not really much sense in arguing too much about it now as I have a lot of context to fill myself in on and I want to metadive you.
So, until then I'm just going to try and work up motivation!
Woo!
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:29 am

Post by Rob14 »

I'm burnt out from this game, and I think your read-through will show you why very clearly.

Anyway, happy reading.

By the way:

V/LA from 1/10 to 1/16

Going to Disney World! Should still be able to post a few times, but I won't be around much at all.
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:51 am

Post by Rift Adrift »

VC 2.2
Adaptive Heap
(1): Not_Mafia
Aeronaut
(1): Rob13

Not Voting
(9): Plottin Kittehs, BROseidon, Aristophanes, KuroiXHF, Adaptive Heap, Soren, Davsto, Aeronaut, Cheetory6

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline: January 22, Noon US Eastern Time
Countdown: (expired on 2016-01-22 09:00:00)

Mod Notes:

:]
Syryana and fferyllt: doing nothing but tunneling while giving virtually no other reads worth anything. Also, puppies.

If it were that simple, if it were only that simple, we would never have called you in about it, Rydra Wong. -- Samuel R. Delany,
Babel-17
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:03 am

Post by Davsto »

Hmm.

ISOing Shiro.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:20 am

Post by BROseidon »

I kind of don't think mastin would push for a Shiro push N1 given that he's a relatively low-impact player, generally speaking.

I also need to read like 30 pages of this game or some shit, so that's completely devoid of context.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:42 am

Post by Davsto »

Only scumread is noticeable imo in Shiro's ISO is that of Rob near the end, with a vote,
In post 981, Shiro wrote:Damn

Vote:Rob

a very strong stance against Rob in the counter-claim incident,
In post 1006, Shiro wrote:@AH I am pretty sure the like a jailkeeper was pretty straightforward seeing as so far none of us had traditionaly named roles. (I think per said so as well and so did rob and now FA)

A mini with two jailkeeper that are both town Is balanced how ? This is TvS claims. SvS is far far tou riskty day 1. Like it would need pre-planning (that obv wouldn't be available) and FA reaction didn't seem pre planned.

P.edit
AH too risky for no reason. Just take the simplest option. Unlucky claim that exists. Can happen.

@FA

Relax. Getting angry won't help anything

and joining in with RC in the Rob-mocking, which seems to demonstrate a Rob-scum PoV.
In post 1021, Shiro wrote:
In post 1014, RadiantCowbells wrote:Like, this was literally scum convo in pregame

rob: OMG WE'RE SO GOOD IN THE GAME IN SCUM CHAT PRO PLAYERS ALL AROUND
ah: YEA WE GONNA ROLL THIS SCRUB TOWN HARD DEFEND EACH OTHER CHAINSAW ALL GAME EZ WIN TOWN REAL DUMB WALK ALL OVER THEM

I am dying XD

(On top of this, Shiro was one of the few players that defended me in regards to my meta (the other being Ari, who never scumread Rob at all), but this is tangential)

In light of this, I'm not really a fan of Rob's posts today, particularly these following bits:
In post 1108, Rob14 wrote:I need to look at Shiro more closely, though. That's a weird kill unless they did something that resembled a fake crumb. Possibly chosen just as a "won't blow back on anyone" kill? I really don't know without looking.

In post 1126, Rob14 wrote:Based on that, I think this was a "make a kill that won't blow back on us" kill. I don't see any other reason to kill Shiro. I didn't see anything that could be reasonably interpreted as a PR crumb in Shiro's posts (which was another possible explanation for the weird kill).
This makes me feel like Rob!scum took out someone who was potentially scumreading him, but not to the extent where it looked bad to kill them (like killing me, for example), as well as someone who had shown defence of me so I'd be easier to lynch after failing to do so yesterday.

Him passing off the kill as a "oh it's a kill that won't blow back on scum" seems to be prepared to deflect people who read into the kill from scumreading him, as well as a "well i'm not scum because idk why shiro was killed right haha"

VOTE: Rob13
Adaptive Heap
Adaptive Heap
Goon
Adaptive Heap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:17 am

Post by Adaptive Heap »

In post 1108, Rob14 wrote:VOTE: Aeronaut for the actions of his two predecessors.

I need to look at Shiro more closely, though. That's a weird kill unless they did something that resembled a fake crumb. Possibly chosen just as a "won't blow back on anyone" kill? I really don't know without looking.

He had
Davsto as town
Soren as scum
Persivul(RC/Aeronaut) as scum with an interdependency on Frozen/you both not being scum

This:
In post 494, Shiro wrote:@Per

It tends to be bleh day 1 for anything other than towreads

You do manage to get a few assiciations down though like

Rob and Dav cant be scum together , You can't be scum with either Rob or Frozen , Frozen is unlikely to be scum with Ari etc etc.

And to me the more of unlikely connection you create the more likely someone is to be town.

Not_mafia as cautious town

Ended up voting you after the Frozen claim (which incidentally Frozen lied about to get you lynched, which is not fantastic play on her part)
In post 1055, Frozen Angel wrote:I'm The Fifth Doctor, Incorrigible Dapper Abductor

I love the people of Earth perhaps a little too much. I steal 1 person from earth each night and make him/her immune to all roles that target a player, including kills. the point is I have no control over when this ability activates nor whom it targets.

plus another thing ....
(which I won't claim yet)
In post 1058, Frozen Angel wrote:
the second role is sane btw.

And then his last post is expressing suspicion of our slot.

So yeah I can see how it's a convenient kill for scum considering I disagree with most of it. The Soren read is the only real crossover. I still need to get my head around the Persivul/RC/Aero slot - RC's play was his cookie-cutter town from the previous game we'd played and that bothered me a lot. The interdependency stuff he points out might be valid.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:19 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Heap. What's your read on Rob.
Adaptive Heap
Adaptive Heap
Goon
Adaptive Heap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:22 am

Post by Adaptive Heap »

Okay so I forgot to re-post this. Nothing in the two flips makes me reconsider Davsto.

VOTE: Davsto

-t
Adaptive Heap
Adaptive Heap
Goon
Adaptive Heap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:23 am

Post by Adaptive Heap »

In post 1141, Cheetory6 wrote:Heap. What's your read on Rob.

Town.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:25 am

Post by Aeronaut »

Only PG 10-11 since I'm going to see star wars for a sixth time right now. More tonight, sorry it's taking so long!

In post 229, Davsto wrote:Oh for crying out loud, me being a bit slow D1 is entirely null, go put your vote somewhere that is useful.

Also, nothing? Please don't make this game be a repeat of Prozac's Basic Theme where I did loads of shit and still got voted for doing nothing which was blatantly false.

More of Dav just defending himself and doing nothing else.
Althogh that's sort of what FA was doing earlier, probably should look into that.

In post 234, Davsto wrote:Goddamn it I'm very often slow D1 and can take a while to catch onto things, give me a fucking break.
This is really ATE.

In post 240, Davsto wrote:
In post 238, Rob14 wrote:I don't see the games as particularly similar. Early in the other game, you're questioning why someone sees you as town and acknowledging you haven't done much. In this game, you
tried to make the case that you've significantly scum-hunted
when you haven't, and then seem to have switched tactics to saying you never do much early Day 1. It does warrant more investigation, and I'll try to look into your meta more in the near future, but I'm fairly busy and am not sure when I'll get to it. I'm not voting for you now or advocating your lynch today, so I don't see it as particularly urgent.

I'll hopefully get to it after my V/LA.

Uh, no.

I said I've scumhunted. I have scumhunted a bit. Sure, not loads, but no less than that game I linked. Nowhere did I say I've "significantly" scumhunted or the like. You look like you're just making up stuff in the hope people won't see the problems with it.

That bolded sentence is really bad; again you're coming in just to defend yourself, but you're also saying "I'm doing stuff! Look at me! Not stuff you'd notice necessarily but stuff nonetheless!"

In post 259, Rob14 wrote:
In post 249, Persivul wrote:
In post 217, Rob14 wrote:Strong Scum:
Persivul

What do you think of my reads yesterday?

If you're town, we need to get on the same page.

First, no, we don't. I don't know your alignment, and I have no desire to "get on the same page as you" if that means adopting your reads when I think you're scum.

Second, to be frank, I still need to read through them in depth. I've had very little time.

Your post re: FA was good, though.

See, here's where Rob looks really aggressive to me, but like not
scummy
. Or not right now, anyway. Granted, I don't know his town game or scum game, we've never played together, but I get the impression this is just how he is.

In post 176, Persivul wrote:
I'm going to need to hear why you're no longer voting me and why you are voting Soren if I'm to remove my vote from you, because from what I can see, your move onto and off of me look awful.

Fuck you.
Bring it on.
I'm not concerned.

I can see the hatred for my slot :/
2023 W/L | 1-0
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:26 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Adaptive wrote:Town.
More words required.
Adaptive Heap
Adaptive Heap
Goon
Adaptive Heap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:26 am

Post by Adaptive Heap »

In post 1101, Aeronaut wrote:The Taly/Mastin Hydra

Ahem.

It's
talah
, not Taly. Different players. I played with you in a game a while ago.

-t
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:28 am

Post by Aeronaut »

Oh sorry! I'm shit at names.

And hey, I was an IC that game. Good memories.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Adaptive Heap
Adaptive Heap
Goon
Adaptive Heap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:30 am

Post by Adaptive Heap »

In post 1145, Cheetory6 wrote:
Adaptive wrote:Town.
More words required.

I'm trying to quickly catch up on daystart in this game so I can get some sleep.
Sorry, but I've been onsite for maybe 4 or 5 hours catching up with other stuff.

I've expressed my read on Rob previously. In fact on a blanket level I don't think either flip changed much of what I think although that's something that I'm going to have to look back at when I get time. Frozen was a decently polar and prolific player in the game.
For now... hit the ISO button. Ctrl-F "Rob".

-t
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:11 am

Post by Soren »

In post 1014, RadiantCowbells wrote:Like, this was literally scum convo in pregame

rob: OMG WE'RE SO GOOD IN THE GAME IN SCUM CHAT PRO PLAYERS ALL AROUND
ah: YEA WE GONNA ROLL THIS SCRUB TOWN HARD DEFEND EACH OTHER CHAINSAW ALL GAME EZ WIN TOWN REAL DUMB WALK ALL OVER THEM
This is too hilarious.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”