Open 509: Friends and Enemies (Game Over)

NicCage
NicCage
Mafia Scum
NicCage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:09 am

Post by NicCage »

Lol, this is a special occasion, half the time it gets me into trouble.
Besides, someone's got to do the heavy lifting ;)
Next time I'll pull the wagon and you can ride
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:54 am

Post by Zar »

In post 1134, Ellibereth wrote:Oh btw what happened with house/whiskers/talah
>.>

I didn't read a single post of that lololol
You mean the disaster that was the Hydra I want to pretend that could have been functional?

I should go back to pragmatic boot camp. :facepalm:

I'm sorry you were all put through the meltdown of having to deal with internal problems with my hydra-dynamics. The sole reason I partnered up was because I couldn't take care of the game on my own and I had been promised the game would be taken care of by my other head during away time. I don't feel like I deserve any of this win, at all.

I apologize to anyone that felt offended by the rudeness. I guess it didn't come across that I knew my other head IRL, so sometimes, it was just natural to try to explain where he was coming from, given I could understand the thought process.

I understand if based on our performance, you don't feel like empathizing with the levels of frustration during game/post lynch.
Show
"There are no men like me. There's only me."

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The Mafia, coming soon your way.

Modded games: Mini 1382 - Micro 67 - NY 160B.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:18 am

Post by talah »

Heheh, heya Zar.

The hydra thing was complicating but not really a problem, I don't think, as both of you were saying similar things anyway. Really the excessive amounts of comments on how you read me as town, because my thinking was wrong, were what made me continue to hound you. Errm, because, I thought your thinking was wrong, too. :P

Anyway you're a good sport and I'm glad you came back to post.
ellabelle
ellabelle
Goon
ellabelle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:37 am

Post by ellabelle »

This game was a flat out pain at times, but I am happy that town pulled it off. Not talking with the other masons before the start of the game, by the end of D1 I wanted to strangle Elli, and had no idea what was going on with the chess affiliation. Talk about frustrating. As far as Whiskers, the only other game I played with her was when she IC'd in my very first game, and since she was doing her usual pony BS/half attack thing I had her down as town until D3, when the town wall wars were in the throes and she called me out on being a mason. Then I was like "Oh no she di'int!" (I know, like it wasn't obvious..lol).

Total props to Elli for havin this thing figured out, and talah for being so damn persistent in getting to the bottom of things.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:42 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 1130, innocentvillager wrote:Why couldn't the scumteam have been Whiskers talah and HouseLan lawl I would've rofl'd
Because then scum would have won.
In post 1145, talah wrote:Love to hear from Whiskers and ellabelle - obviously you guys played a game before.. Did you both have really strong townreads on one another?
Had a townread on ellabelle.
In post 1145, talah wrote:(also would LOVE to do a btas with whiskers.. into the warped mind of walling heh)
...what is "btas"?
In post 1145, talah wrote:Whiskers, did you get all three masons right? What about scumreads? And what were your thoughts on me and Ellib as scum? How much of that was wifom?
THAT part, I was bluffing on-- I only knew Ellabelle as mason, had a big fat hunch about iV, and then had no idea for the third one. ...maybe Thomas?
Scumreads, I had none. I'm pretty sure I didn't have any throughout the whole game. Even when I was attacking you when you subbed in Day 1, it was blatant OMGUS to protect myself: discredit you, get people to not look at me.
Ellibereth, I could see as scum.
Hell, he still might be scum, afaik.

vote: Ellibereth.

In post 1151, Zar wrote:
Oh yeah, btw: I owe ...you, somebody, an apology. iiuc, you
weren't
turning me in for calling you an "idiot", turns out that was the mod (?). I'm still not happy with your play but I'm pretty sure you aren't actually snitchy assholes after all. So, I DO take that back.
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:42 pm

Post by talah »

I really did think you were town ellabelle, but there was always going to be a point in time that players who hadn't come under a lot of scrutiny were going to have to be asked pointed questions, imo, at least if we weren't hitting mafia with our lynches. I tried to keep my own interactions at an appropriate level of escalation depending on the way players had interacted with me.

Whiskers I saw as town ringer for fully the first two days - going in and acting as the sharp edge of interrogation. That was some pretty awesome play.

I think I always had in mind though that at some point, I would have to walk right up and punch the biggest guy in the room in the face.

The pronoun interplay between us caused me many a chuckle too.

Here's the (notes from) the wall I would have posted had I not realised Whiskers was probably town after all. But at that point I had to keep attacking in case he/she was a Mason, and just hope the undercurrent between us was enough to demonstrate I wasn't actually trying to lynch! (The fact that we weren't voting one another for most of the time was a good indicator too).
Spoiler:
In post 1005, Whiskers wrote: Great, well, I'll just sit here not knowing what to defend myself from, while other players attack me for it.
You hope.
Now I give you the same advice as I gave Thomas: Google "Intimidate" for the reason no-one wants to attack you, anyway. And while you're at it, wiki AtE.
(Feel free to Google 'Cunt' for an appropriate description of my own attitude, btw)
In post 1006, Whiskers wrote: Thanks for not linking these. =__=
I'll get to them later, maybe.
You could always tag the posts yourself in Preview and Right-click > Open in new Tab. Hot tip.
In post 1006, Whiskers wrote:I don't see how it "ruins" my "shiny coat". I'm not mason hunting, I'm telling you to stop fucking voting her for stupid stuff, especially when she's acted like a mason (though it is how she normally acts), and has several times dropped mason-tells. Which I think should be obvious and you should see.
Eloquence. So sorry - "Soiled Yourself Badly". I already gave you my opinion on ellabelle as mason. Masons don't drop tells like that, any more than masons claim on Page 2 of Day 1. I get the strange feeling someone said that before now, too - don't suppose you remember who that might have been?

Also, ellabelle hasn't had - well - any stances on who to lynch, but has been happy to "reluctantly" sheep votes while failing to provide any reasoning of her own which isn't "whoa the tension is bad, maybe I should vote [current wagon]". Which puts her in the sweet spot for scum.
Besides, I've seen this tactic before. Active lurking, hedging, acting preoccupied with the relationships in a game (maybe not acting, but certainly focussing on it), unsure when pressed on why someone is scummy or not, etc, etc.

And:
In
In post 943, ellabelle wrote:
In post 794, talah wrote:I said it, not you. Read my 789 again please.

To expand, Gnomeo's buddying up to you and you don't have a townread on him, between your heads you give him a null read. Since you apparently know that you will flip town, why would you not find this unwarranted buddying suspicious, and ask him a bunch of questions to determine his alignment? Otherwise isn't it just a grab for town-cred?

Also answer Nani's question thanks
Ah the gems we find. Since we know the flip on HL now, this does beg a little questioning. Gnomeo, what was the deal here? The case on you being town in thin in varying degrees, and this right here is damning in the right hands. I unvoted you because I really don't want you being wagoned on as lynchbait, but dude...

After going back and reading HL's miles of wall, looks like Nani was high on his list, so I'll go there, but idk.

Just wanted to get that question out to the Gnomester while it was fresh.
In post 947, Gnomeo wrote: I don't understand what you want me to answer here?
Me neither. It's a quote of me asking HouseLan about his motivations for not finding Gnomeo scummy for buddying. What does Gnomeo have to answer to? My accusation that HouseLan was scum?
In post 943, ellabelle wrote:and this right here is damning in the right hands.
Scum daytalk? Hey Whiskers, use this against talah? talah didn't notice or comment on your own buddying?

Whose hands would it be damning in? What's so bloody damning about it if half the players in the list *aren't* finding Gnomeo suspicious because of the supposed "buddying" anyway? I did check back and Chess and IV both called HouseLan town, too. So Gnomeo could have been picking up on and agreeing with that, not buddying.
It just seems like she's trying to justify her weak vote on today's wagon. Anyway - scumtell? I don't know. I'm not leading today so I'll sheep ellabelle for a bit and see where her opinions - or lack thereof - lead.
Probably not to you under any circumstances, I guess.
In post 1006, Whiskers wrote:Ok, well, it's also a scum trait, sometimes. Have you played with Gnomeo? do you know he's always a "crotchety bastard"? Because the "wah, wah, you just want to lynch me, I'm giving up!" is sometimes a scumtell. Also, desperately lurking to try to avoid your own lynch is usually a scumtell.
I tunnelled so hard on somebody behaving in almost exactly the same way in my first game, that I was able to convince everyone else that they were scum, and got them lynched. That player was simply *stubborn*. Gnomeo has some stances at least but I do have some problems with him. One of them is that his argument against Nani is "You totes lied about me defending BS, you is scum". Which might be *stubborn for the wrong reasons*. But then Nani'd be guilty of that too, RIGHT?

Anyway the point is - *you* don't have a reason to vote him as opposed to any other lurker. Which means you don't care who you lynch or *why* they get lynched - which is a scummy attitude.
In post 1006, Whiskers wrote:That's interesting, because this is the first time you've brought it up, despite people pointing at you for it at least three times.
ORLY? That - Is - Pure - Fucking - Garbage - and you know it. Search for 'stool pigeon' in my ISO and then tell me how I wasn't concerned.
In post 1006, Whiskers wrote:Then maybe, you would do well to look at both of the wagons to see which players they have in common.
Or what they both don't have at all? Maybe you would do well to draw a fucking conclusion.
In post 1006, Whiskers wrote:Why does this get your goat?
Because it was a herpaderpey series of four questions to ask, if you weren't intentionally misreading what I said.
And you do this kind of thing consistently. Eg:
In post 924, Whiskers wrote:The fucking hell is this referring to? The two WHAT mentioned (and Thomas' WHAT unmentioned)!?!?
The WHAT doesn't require a specific reference if the entire frikkin conversation, IS the "WHAT".
So I dunno. Are these pointless questions scummy, or are they scumhunting? The only other time I've asked myself that particular question, the answer turned out to be: They're Scummy.
In post 1006, Whiskers wrote:Why did you answer this twice?
Oh here's another one.
To draw attention to the fact it was theatrical and bullshity.
In post 1006, Whiskers wrote:Wait, why is it possible that [someone] could have bussed Gnomeo for "Mega cred", but not that Nani could have bussed BS2000 for "Mega Cred" before?
The circumstances were entirely different, and I'm not saying either case is not "possible". I'm saying a speedwagon at the start of the day is "more likely" to be written off as stupid-town sheeping, thus generating towncred for the participants in the case of a correct lynch. How is this at all similar to a deadline lynch where Nani *actually votes before deadline*, with *no reason attached*?

Also, it's "Possible" but "Unlikely" that Nani is scum. So don't be putting your "possible" as the preposition and then misrepresent my argument as the direct negative of that - as if I said something was "not possible".
You essentially just said: "Oh hai talah, so I might be scum? But I have a username. Nani has a username too, so you're saying she's scum, why?"
In post 1006, Whiskers wrote:
at least
that it was a super-lucky hit
Ergo, this would be the argument for [remaining scum partner after Gnomeo scum-flip] if Gnomeo and [scum partner] had agreed that he was caught for buddying (or had lost interest in the game) and needed to be bussed for cred. However, that's not rocket science either. It's easy to gloss over as lucky, but townies will still give the "lucky ones" credit for it.
In post 1006, Whiskers wrote:Ok, dates and times I get, I guess, but what are the numbers in parenthesis? Also, you see which point?
It's not rocket science. And the point I see is evident, as is the concession I'm making, if you even remember what YOU said about comparative speeds of the Gnomeo wagons in the first place.

Can you link me to the post where I defended you from Iv? The post I referred to, I attacked Iv for defending you.

I already linked it, but it's post XXX
You go on to do it again in post XXX

In fact, here's the spoiler of both of those posts since you are having difficulty locating your own ISO:
SPOILER

Can you link me the one you're saying you referred to, which shows IV defending me, OR EVEN attacking me? Or just concede that it doesn't exist, and that actually, IV was basically stating "talah = null maybe town maybe scum and I don't want to be lynched, being the only other wagon"? And therefore that you're trying to manufacture some bullshit premise or diversion from what's actually important here - which is you had no reason for defending me AT ALL unless you were pretending you were unvoting because you'd spotted me as a mason?
In post 978, talah wrote:
6)

you seem like a player who goes to work with a plan,

Oh that's right, you're acting so random and carefree! My bad. Nobody who plays mafia tries to prove anyone is scummy by using arguments that the person they're voting's behaviour is scummy! That's so 2011!

If you, like I, want to further believe that it announces, "I'm not answering you because I don't have an answer," you'll want to lynch him after this.

Yup, we lynched him alright. And I can't give you any grief about pushing for that lynch. But I already said what my concern was - You not giving him a fighting chance by bogging him down with walls of fucking nothings that he couldn't help but be sucked in by. I'm sure that works with most people.

Oh! I'm so glad you reminded me. What did you want a "simple explanation" for?

O.M.F.G.

Okay - you know what I want a simple explanation for? Why Nani?

You already answered this with "I forgot". Which means you forgot even the fact that you already answered it. The old "I forgot" defense *yay fozzee bear*.

Your scummy defending of BS on Day 1 in Post XXX
Your scummy (POST)vote and then (POST)unvote of me after I subbed in and called you scum - it almost looks like you thought you'd hammered, too
Your scummy ego-puffing of my mafia skills @IV immediately after I removed my scumread of you, by attacking him in Post XXX and XXX
Your scummy sheep of my naked vote onto Thomas with oh-so-weak arguments
Your scummy attack on Mantis' BS vote, which pretty much sealed the scum-lynch
Your scummy failure to vote BS close to deadline, because "You forgot", even though you were around to try to pry Mantis off her BS vote, and left your vote on a wagon with *only your vote on it*

And since you want the litany of things that I find scummy in your play today:

Then fucking bring it on, bitch!

- quote chain misrep
(SPOILER)

- why haven't you been nk'd?

- keep talah in line of vision

- votes with shit reasons, instead of

In post 1006, Whiskers wrote:Let me just say: pretty soon there'll come a point where I go, "so how is this scummy?" to every single one of your points and you'll have like, one or two left.

No doubt, if you keep saying "I forget" in answer to the scummy things about you that I'm pointing out. Maybe you need to borrow my signature with the Thomas quote for awhile.

Also, reading ahead a little bit-- right now is 2 scum vs 3 masons. Scum can not counterclaim.

Mmmyah, I get that, and Gnomeo already said much the same thing.

And then I said that having the four non-masons helping to scumhunt at this stage while masons hold the advantage over scum, might not be a bad idea.

At the very least it reduces the possible scum combos that need to be considered from 56, to 20.

And it also eliminates the possibility of mislynching a mason.

ellabelle

Whose hands are the right hands?

What are you asking Gnomeo about?

I voted Gnomeo for the simple fact that I said I would yesterday

I found where you said that, but the reason was different.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:10 pm

Post by talah »

In post 1154, Whiskers wrote:
In post 1145, talah wrote:(also would LOVE to do a btas with whiskers.. into the warped mind of walling heh)
...what is "btas"?
Oh you know, that James Lipton thing. GTKAS is probably correcter :)

Hey Whiskers - you, me, HYDRA!
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:53 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 649, talah wrote:You should put kuribo in that, but LOL

Seriously, who the fuck is today's lynch? I'm happy to sheep you but you are pretty fucking contradictory. I AM antsy.

I mean I have no better info than a few days ago, Thomas, Innocent, Houselan, Gnomeo.
Found this thread while searching for my name.

SpySpy and Fate have both called me an honorary member, but only when they were scum so idunno. THEY INFLUENCE ME WITH HONEYED WORDS AND HOLLOW PROMISES OF BROHOOD AND SUCH FURTHER A SCUM WINCON. I haven't played in a game with either of them in far too long :( besides, my style is a bit different from Reck / Fate / et all

Although SpySpy floated the idea of me playing for the SDC in Team Mafia 2012 if Elli hadn't been able to play. I wound up on a team with Amrun and we did pretty well.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Nani
Nani
Goon
Nani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:37 am

Post by Nani »

Except SDC was filled with relatively good players, so I don't see how kuribo can fit in it.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:43 am

Post by kuribo »

Lololol sick burrrrn

Who the fuck are you anyway? Thought not.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Nani
Nani
Goon
Nani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:43 am

Post by Nani »

This is also probably a good time to remind us all that players who read Gnomeo as town should probably go back to the Road to Rome.
Nani
Nani
Goon
Nani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:46 am

Post by Nani »

In post 1159, kuribo wrote:Lololol sick burrrrn

Someone who is probably not an attention whore searching for my name in mafiascum.net.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:33 am

Post by talah »

Why,
Nani
In post 1160, Nani wrote:This is also probably a good time to remind us all that players who read Gnomeo as town should probably go back to the Road to Rome.
To many defenseless ICs and SEs for me.
In post 1157, kuribo wrote:THEY INFLUENCE ME WITH HONEYED WORDS AND HOLLOW PROMISES OF BROHOOD AND SUCH FURTHER A SCUM WINCON.
I hadn't seen hilarious until 1471. Robb was a good straight man.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:01 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 1161, Nani wrote:
In post 1159, kuribo wrote:Lololol sick burrrrn

Someone who is probably not an attention whore searching for my name in mafiascum.net.
Are you my therapist because if so you already told me twice that I am narcissitic

Gnomeo
Gnomeo
Goon
Gnomeo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:25 pm

Post by Gnomeo »

In post 1160, Nani wrote:This is also probably a good time to remind us all that players who read Gnomeo as town should probably go back to the Road to Rome.
This also probably a good time to tell you your lies didn't really help your case.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:35 am

Post by talah »

In post 1164, Gnomeo wrote:good time
In post 1160, Nani wrote:good time
Agreed, good times. SNAP
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:10 am

Post by innocentvillager »

Lets all be friends <3 I loved everyone here no lies

But Ellib is my new fav like srsly
Nani
Nani
Goon
Nani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:15 am

Post by Nani »

In post 1164, Gnomeo wrote:
This also probably a good time to tell you your lies didn't really help your case.
In post 1086, Plessiez wrote:
Vote Count 3.9 (Final)

It's day 3. Deadline is 20th August, 3:50 (EST). That's (expired on 2013-08-20 03:50:13)

9 players remain: ellabelle, Ellibereth, Gnomeo, innocentvillager, Nani, NicCage, talah, Thomas, Whiskers
Gnomeo
[5 votes] (Nani, Thomas, talah, NicCage, Ellibereth) [
LYNCH
]
Nani
[2 votes] (Gnomeo, innocentvillager)
Thomas
[1 vote] (ellabelle)

1 player is not voting
: {Whiskers}
With
alive it takes
votes to lynch somebody or to go to night.
Mkay.
Nani
Nani
Goon
Nani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:16 am

Post by Nani »

In post 1166, innocentvillager wrote:Lets all be friends <3 I loved everyone here no lies

Yeah <3 everyone.

Except you, who really sucked as a mason.
Gnomeo
Gnomeo
Goon
Gnomeo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:42 am

Post by Gnomeo »

In post 1168, Nani wrote:
In post 1166, innocentvillager wrote:Lets all be friends <3 I loved everyone here no lies

Yeah <3 everyone.

<3 you too :)
I see we'll meet again in the new game!
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:47 am

Post by innocentvillager »

In post 1168, Nani wrote:

Yeah <3 everyone.

Thanks <3
NicCage
NicCage
Mafia Scum
NicCage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:13 pm

Post by NicCage »

those who accept kek into their lives shall claim the donut man's fortune.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:00 am

Post by talah »

Mafia QT?
In post 943, ellabelle wrote:Just wanted to get that question out to the Gnomester while it was fresh.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:20 pm

Post by Whiskers »

If we do a hydra, will it be a pony with Quag's head/face?
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:22 pm

Post by talah »

Naaaah.... I'll change my main avatar back to the puppy and we can call it 'The Dog and Pony Show'.

Return to “Completed Open Games”