New York 116 - Prozacs Large Normal - Who won?

Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:00 am

Post by Porochaz »

Looks like I need a replacement for Stef :(
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:58 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Flameaxe replaces Stef, for replacing you must all treat him like a god and give him lots of HUGS, eggnogfas and sex.

That is all.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:58 pm

Post by Porochaz »

And you all better damn well post.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:00 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

I'm gonna try to skim what I can asap. Anything that needs to be addressed by me, let me know right now and I will try to get to it by tomorrow afternoon at the latest.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:03 pm

Post by mothrax »

*gives flameaxe hugs and eggnogfas, but withholds sex*
I'm still voting you, sorry.

V/LA untill Sunday Evening
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:18 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Something drastic about this has to be done. You have 4 days before deadline.
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:16 am

Post by Toon Fighter »

vote: flameaxe
~Toon fighter~
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:30 am

Post by Zorblag »

Yeah, looking at Mr.Sandman's play it seems that if he's scum with either mothrax or Flameaxe that he's consistently been doing a fair amount of work distancing. Further he typically seemed a bit more eager to push a mothrax lynch than a Stef lynch which wouldn't be the ideal move to make if he were scum with mothrax. As the only reason for me not to vote for Flameaxe at this point would be concern about a mothrax/Mr.Sandman scum team I think I'm just fine ending the day. That's especially true as Mr.Sandman can at this point hammer any time he wants for the win if it turns out that I'm wrong now (well, or there's just one scum left in which case we've got a cushion to work with anyhow.) Based on the lack of a follow up after his first post, Flameaxe apparently didn't have anything he wanted to add. I'll give Mr.Sandman the rest of the day to say something if he'd like (or he can hammer) but at this point I plan on hammering this evening (PST.)

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:21 pm

Post by Zorblag »

VOTE: Flameaxe

Best case (and unlikely) scenario that's a win. If we're unlucky (i.e. my reads are bad) it's a loss and I'll apologize shortly (though that means that Mr.Sandman could have ended it anytime after Toon Fighter's vote.) Anything in between means that there's a tomorrow and we'll deal with it then.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:44 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Flameaxe is dead, he wasn't even a member of staff, he apparently killed poor lab tech Stef and was imitating him. How could you not have noticed!!! He also had a medical degree and was the expert at making sure the drugs were made to exact specifications etc.

Flameaxe who killed/replaced Stef - Mafia Doctor - Killed Day 6

Night will last approx 72 hours.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:56 pm

Post by Porochaz »

When you first met Toogeloo, you thought he had gone mad. Talking to himself all the time. Turns out he has an imaginary friend. Toon Fighter. Who is also dead.

Toon Fighter - Town Mason - Died Night 6
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:29 am

Post by Zorblag »

So normally at this point in the game it would be time to be asking why I'm still alive with the remaining players and expect to be able to get a good idea for scum motive based on that. Unfortunately the last night kills being the remaining town power roles (especially the known town mason last night) makes that more difficult as the scum's choices would be more limited and suspicions need to take more of a backseat.

Flameaxe flipping doctor means that I'm more confused about the godfather role (although we don't seem to have a cop I don't expect the mafia to have both a kill-immune player and a doctor) than I was before but I think it just makes it more likely that AGar had a kill blocked night two as a means of accounting for the lack of a second kill then.

If mothrax is mafia then he was willing to go for the hard early bus yesterday. As I said at the time I don't really think that I'd expect that to be his natural play. I've had some experience with Stef since this game started (he was in my Troll mafia game for a bit and we talked some when he replaced out and then we talked some about his setup for an on-going game in which I've just taken over for him as backup mod.) I think he'd be capable of asking for the bus but I don't know that I'd expect him to given my fairly limited knowledge.

Mr.Sandman has been much less present than I would like during the past couple days though based on his previous comments and though it doesn't look like he would have objected in any way to the Stef lynch, it would have been nice to see if he would have pushed any harder for mothrax being considered at the time.

In terms of overall play there's more to dislike about mothrax and I do have meta reasons for thinking Mr.Sandman is more likely to be town but I'm having trouble with a mothrax as scum scenario just based on the strength of that bus yesterday unless it would have been absolutely necessary. I'd like to hear opinions from the other two but I'll give this some thought on my own regardless coupled with one more read through of each of them to see if there's anything I think I'm missing.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mr.Sandman
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:28 am

Post by Mr.Sandman »

I apologise for my inactivity yesterday. I was snowed under with work and starting a distance learning course as well which I'm slowly adapting to.

I'm about 90% confident that mothrax is the last scum. If it's Zorblag, then I'll hold my hands up and say I've fallen for it, but it's not just that I think mothrax is the scummier of a scummy pair, but I also get a strong town vibe from Zorblag. I'd like mothrax to present anything specific he would like to bring to my attention to, either in his defence or against Zorblag, before I vote. I'm also aware that I became his likely target for today, yesterday, so what you have against me, show me that too

Zorblag, in terms of the bus you draw attention to, I know its WIFOM but the general consensus was that Stef was probably the top choice for a lynch going into that day. A bus at that particular point would seem to be a sensible thing for scum to do. If he'd defended him and we'd ended up lynching Stef anyway, it would've reflected even worse on him today. In a hypothetical situation, if he'd bussed Stef earlier in the game, that to me would have given it more credibility as a town move. Given the circumstances, it doesn't do anything to significantly change my opinion of him.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:51 pm

Post by mothrax »

I am not a big fan of large drawn out LYLO's and since the general vibe is that I am going to be lynched to day I am fairly meh right now... That being said:
Sandman and Zorb, Zorb and Sandman...
On one hand I am wary of Zorb because of his extended absence and the way he came back strong. His play since his comeback has been sufficiently pro-town, even if it has been very wallotexthardtoread.
Sandman has been a nullread almost all game for me. However, null<town...
Vote: Sandman

If zorb is scum, good game.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:11 pm

Post by Zorblag »

VOTE: Mr.Sandman

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:18 pm

Post by Porochaz »

With 2 votes Mr.Sandman is lynched and Mothrax has been shot in the head.

Zorblag and the rest of the mafia win!!!

Except there still locked in on the floor of course, and Prozac and Oman aren't going to let Zorblag out. So Zorblag dies a slow painful death. Then Prozac hires some more people and Oman goes back to work.

Seriously, Zorblag, Flameaxe/Stef, Benmage and Tazaro win.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:20 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

EASIEST. WIN. EVER. :D
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:24 pm

Post by Zorblag »

No, I deserve a slow painful death for disappearing for the middle of this game. I apologize. Thanks to the rest of the mafia for carrying on in my absence and setting us up in the position we needed to win. Thanks Porochaz for the modding!

If none of the scum mind I'll post the quick topic sometime tomorrow probably.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:24 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Town was Scum MVP.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:25 pm

Post by Wraith »

Well, I don't have much to comment on this game. Especially considering how I died stupidly on D1.

Predit: For the realz
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:27 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Mason QT... It's kind of lulz

http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/DAQcwgpKHc6Mn
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:29 pm

Post by Zorblag »

I largely agree with Toogeloo here. Scum largely won in spite of itself (Stef and I didn't pull our weight for much of the game I don't think) and the town was hurt a lot by what seemed to be some indifferent play.

Now that the game is over there's a better chance I'll be believed when I say that I do think that Toogeloo's claiming ideas are a bit worse for the town than a more conservative strategy (scum had pretty full information about what the power roles we needed to worry about were fairly early and were able to make more informed kills based on that) but at least he was clearly there putting in an effort for most of the game.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:46 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Apologies for my lack of interest over the past few days, but I kinda knew that town weren't going to win from a few days ago. Its a shame, but hey. I hope you enjoyed it. This was meant to be a game for semi newbies, I dont think it turned out that way in the end. I think in theory it was a nice idea, in practice, not so much.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:16 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

I kind of had a feeling town wasn't going to win once everyone felt Zorblag was the most likely town. Had I had my druthers, Zorblag would have been lynched instead of Tazaro, and it may have made a difference, but once everyone felt Zorblag was town, I started doubting my read on him, and just let it go.
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:37 pm

Post by Oso »

I might as well get on the apology bandwagon as well.

Generally, when I replace into a game, my play level of play (as in skill, not activity) is much higher than when I start one from the beginning. It's why I don't mind replacing into game. This time though my play was pretty abysmal and I honestly can't figure out why.

Good job to Troll though. If I had made it to end game and been one of the three, I would have very probably voted mothrax. Aside from activity levels (which none of us except for maybe Toog and Tazaro, have anything to be proud of), you didn't hit my scumdar much at all Troll.

My thanks to Porochaz for letting me replace in though and for taking the time to make and run the game. There were some enjoyable moments. Most especially (for me at least) when PJ and I were going back and forth. It has been a while that I had to defend myself that hard and I was getting rusty so thanks PJ.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”