Open 555 - Pick Your Poison (Game Over!)

Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:52 am

Post by Squirrel Girl »

At that stage isn't that about the same, which means the question for scum becomes one of a debate about which kill gives less or misleading info, or whose day play they fear more?
Knell
Knell
Goon
Knell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:13 pm

Post by Knell »

I thought them not killing me was the right choice on the first day given where my reads were and that I was largely condescended upon. So, my pushes didn't mean much. It's largely my fault given I was being lazy and not properly explaining myself. However, the game was functionally over once we managed to random lynch Chrivi. And as stated, Reinoe's claim was believable. they didn't hold enough influence to discredit Reinoe effectively. Though, Victor tried.

I agree with SG that it became a game of "who do we fear more." I think since Toasty was hard town reading Victor it was a mistake to kill him given he was a stronger voice and could have potentially convinced RC not to go there. You need what allies you can get as scum.
Knell
Knell
Goon
Knell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:50 pm

Post by Knell »

To state it better. I was lazy day 1 after that initial burst because IC, and thus, I didn't care and I should have. I had a horrible plan to get suspicion cast on me after I waited too long to respond to victor's question to invite the scum in (which worked given where their votes ended up, but I couldn't achieve a good balance and was largely thought crap instead of "difficult to read" and got stone-walled and discredited way too much, a lot of the players thought it was mostly town voting me. Day 2 I intentionally stayed out of the way because I didn't want to interfere too much given that I've experienced the "follow the IC" route as town and scum and it rarely ends well. Only really pointing out the obvious and trying to confirm Reinoe by finding out if there was a JK or not. But otherwise let town run its course naturally. Day 3, the game was over. For me. It was simply a case of finding one town and just constantly repeating that they're town until you win.

I liked Victor's play as scum. Though, a few question marks kept springing up. Like this feeling of being trapped. A post he made where he started to mugsling. Another post, where I noted he was seemingly not trying to read Maziek. Wking Rachmarie raised my eyebrows some. There was so much distancing from him and Neil/Chrivi that I started to think it was intentional, hence why I backed off on calling Victor town. On reread. He also used a similar opening strategy day in his other completed scum game which I read during night 3. Though if I had survived I would have made it an Agar/Victor lynch which could have gone either way. SG was crossed off entirely, SG was...realllllllllllllllllllllyyyy town even without that IDK post by Neil.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:23 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

In post 1201, Knell wrote:I agree with SG that it became a game of "who do we fear more." I think since Toasty was hard town reading Victor it was a mistake to kill him given he was a stronger voice and could have potentially convinced RC not to go there. You need what allies you can get as scum.
I think you are right on this, but with RC claiming the only person I would have wanted lynched before Victor was Sharpest. AGAR came in obvtown.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:27 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

Also I'm moderating a large theme game soon (based on The Wire, flavor knowledge isn't necessary), so let me know if any of you are interested so I can put you on the pre-in list :)
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:28 pm

Post by reinoe »

In post 1202, Knell wrote:Only really pointing out the obvious and trying to confirm Reinoe by finding out if there was a JK or not.
I thought your appeal to bring out the Jailkeeper was a gambit to lure the third scum out and claiming a role. That's why I was in favor of it with a wink. Because no fucking way is there a jailkeeper.
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
Knell
Knell
Goon
Knell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:36 pm

Post by Knell »

I didn't think there was. But I'm the paranoid sort. if I can remove all doubt, I'll do it. There's also that curious feeling when you set out to do something and aren't entirely sure what you're going to get. Minimum, I wanted to confirm Reinoe. Maximum, maybe get the scum to do something stupid.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:11 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

hmm. Why not kill Reinoe and not me, if I might ask?

Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:04 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

Fuzzy fox appeal?
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:00 pm

Post by RachMarie »

good game all
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
VictorDeAngelo
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:19 pm

Post by VictorDeAngelo »

For those wanting explanations N1 kill was attempt to hit a more dangerous power role. I'm kicking myself looking back at the QT because RC and Reinoe were the two choices I had after Abel. C'est la vie.

As for Toasty I basically praying hard that he was actually the vig. If he was I had one less mislynch to manage (otherwise basically needed every single unconfirmed vigged/lynched before me after Neil's death). If I shot an unconfirmed and hit vt it was game over. Otherwise Toasty being vt left everything to do.

I think we lost this on the ChriVi lynch, which seemed to come out of nowhere a little. Don't know why ChriVi didn't just let themselves get replaced out. Kinda wish Neil had helped at least try and prevent the lynch as well (although other than that he was an awesome scumbuddy :) ). Once ChriVi was gone I had a feeling this game was heading towards a town win. Credit to RC for vigging me over skot last night.

I'm happy to share the mafia QT as long as Neil and ChriVi agree.

Also cheers to everyone who replaced in and also to Toasty/Knell/Sharpest for also sticking with this game.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:29 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

In post 1210, VictorDeAngelo wrote:Also cheers to everyone who replaced in and also to Toasty/Knell/Sharpest for also sticking with this game.
Same to you Victor! Despite all the replacements, this game was fun because people DID end up participating. And the activity from the players that
didn't
get replaced was great (well, except for ChriVI).

T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:23 am

Post by T S O »

sorry bout repping out guys, my heart reaallly wasn't in this one.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:01 am

Post by neil1113 »

Damnitttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha you guys did amazing. I thought me and Vic did a great job bouncing off of each other and distancing from it... As I read through the thread I started getting a lot of hopes. When I found out that RC was the vig, my jaw literally dropped. I was kicking myself for suspecting him but not really believing in my suspicions. Great kill.

Toasty is a pain in the ass to play with as scum, I think there was twice I saw Toasty call out the scum team perfectly. I was like seriously?!?!?!? Toasty, good game!

I wish Knell wasn't the IC, I was pretty certain we'd have a mislynch there. I will say, from here on out I'm going to be helluva nervous to lynch Knell lol.

Everyone played well, town corned us and we couldn't stand the pressure, so we crumbled. My claim was literally trying to out the cop (which I did in a round about way) and hopefully even the vig. A couple times people kept asking for the vig to claim, which as I was reading, I was clapping my hands along, hoping he would.

Good game guys!
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

Spoiler: My Record for Mafiascum.net
#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-
Hats off to Neil for some incredible town play.

Me=Weird
-
When I read up, I was just amazed by neil. Awesome reads.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:37 am

Post by don_johnson »

good job town. scum played well but you all handled your business.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:28 pm

Post by reinoe »

In post 1213, neil1113 wrote:Damnitttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha you guys did amazing. I thought me and Vic did a great job bouncing off of each other and distancing from it... As I read through the thread I started getting a lot of hopes. When I found out that RC was the vig, my jaw literally dropped. I was kicking myself for suspecting him but not really believing in my suspicions. Great kill.

Toasty is a pain in the ass to play with as scum, I think there was twice I saw Toasty call out the scum team perfectly. I was like seriously?!?!?!? Toasty, good game!

I wish Knell wasn't the IC, I was pretty certain we'd have a mislynch there. I will say, from here on out I'm going to be helluva nervous to lynch Knell lol.

Everyone played well, town corned us and we couldn't stand the pressure, so we crumbled. My claim was literally trying to out the cop (which I did in a round about way) and hopefully even the vig. A couple times people kept asking for the vig to claim, which as I was reading, I was clapping my hands along, hoping he would.

Good game guys!
Your distancing was really good. I was sure third scum was RachMarie just by whom you claimed you tracked. RC was our MVP though.
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:02 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

In post 1213, neil1113 wrote:Toasty is a pain in the ass to play with as scum, I think there was twice I saw Toasty call out the scum team perfectly. I was like seriously?!?!?!? Toasty, good game!
I'm still laughing about the attempt to make me scummy because I've only been scum twice.

RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:37 pm

Post by RachMarie »

yeah I know, I seem to be veiwed as scum wherever I go :(

Will be in a hydra with Nacho soon hopefully learn things to improve my game.

RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:38 pm

Post by RachMarie »

err viewed

LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:32 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

over
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony