Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:41 am

Post by Past Present Future »

In post 996, Scarfmanship wrote:I like the entire ISO of Maid cafe, they are my one town read. My other town reads are all the people who were insignificant enough to not show up on my radar, except for the ones who aren't.

if town, mastina's mindset is a carefree town player who isn't afraid to draw attention to herself and cause trouble in a good way to catch mafia. if scum mastina is trying to control the narrative and be reckless (in appearance) town leader. Mastina accused math of trying to get rid of a threat, yet the same could be said both ways.

Scum mastina as reckless town leader doesn't make it to endgame, probably gets killed by bop or something, or nightkilled if its multiball like everyone says. If its multiball and scumastina knows its multiball, why draw attention to yourself? You could get nightkilled. Town and scum mathblade have similar motivations: survival, making it hard to read. I know mathblade is strong enough to fake the towny things they've said like not caring if they die early if not town.

In conclusion: How the hell am i supposed to know.

Onto my more valuable thoughts:

- Many people have called radical rat mafia, yet not a single person has voted there and had it show up in a vote count.
- Because I know I am a weak reader, I would very happily vote for some null people like the hydras with three word names, since I remember reading somewhere weak players are more likely to nullread mafia.
- As annoying as the strong voices mastina/mathblade are in a large game where I can name maybe 10-11 people, imagine if we kept them both alive and sniped a mafia d1. that would be sick.

I'll read the other half later. As for all the people who posted while I was reading, I am following absolutely nothing you are talking about.

VOTE: Radical Rat
In post 1004, Scarfmanship wrote:@rat, post 930? I didn't read that far yet. It's a pretty good post, second half of his iso isn't so bad either out of context. Maybe I should be voting one of the people who light scumread him but never voted him, oops i lost those posts oh well. I don't agree all of it, however, there's lot of merit to eliminating the sources of chaos in town. There's also merit to painting someone as a source of chaos if you want to get them killed, which is what math could be doing every time he says welcome back to the thread, please focus on me vs. mastina as he has done with myself and enchant.

Will probably unvote RR and vote a 3 word hydra or some null read later when i finish reading if RR is as town as people say in the next 20 pages. Currently leaning towards keeping both math and mastina alive for a day and letting nightkills/night actions/a sick d1 mafia flip sort them out. This runs the risk of having town devolve into chaos if their voices are too strong so it requires everyone else to keep their heads on straight.
In post 1128, Scarfmanship wrote:VOTE: dingle dangle scarecrow

Wanna go here?
In post 1153, Scarfmanship wrote:
In post 1117, T-Bone wrote:Anyway we could let Mathblade shoot Mastina and be done with it. At the very least this game needs those two voices to chill for a bit.
Ok, and this requires the rest of the game to work together to vote someone else out which I don't see happening. Hence my vote on DDS, a slot that like RR many people have called scum but not voted for. Also hello, nice to meat you.
You’re voting DDS but don’t have any opinion YOURSELF on them?
It’s the end of the world as you know it and we feel fine.

Hydra of Titus, Auro and Nancy Drew 39
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:43 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1200, Scarfmanship wrote:You don't have the guts.
This is the kind of post I love to make as scum - it looks like scum has no motivation to make it. But town also has no motivation to make it. It's just designed to confuse
Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:43 am

In post 1199, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 1194, Scarfmanship wrote:Ok great, but are you gonna take action and steer the game in any other direction or just say that?
VOTE: Scarfmanship

PPF, are you gonna take action with me?
I want to hear their response to my question first but I don’t like that they’re voting without offering an opinion of their own.

Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:45 am

In post 1202, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 1200, Scarfmanship wrote:You don't have the guts.
This is the kind of post I love to make as scum - it looks like scum has no motivation to make it. But town also has no motivation to make it. It's just designed to confuse
Yeah, it’s weird because it’s not like they’ve actually done anything that makes them scream town.

Scarfmanship
Scarfmanship
Goon
Scarfmanship
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:47 am

Post by Scarfmanship »

Furitive, you were supposed to wait a bit more before calling me out on that, if I explain the motivation right away it loses its value.

My opinion on DDR is buried somewhere in my posts, I'm voting DDR because a lot of people are calling them mafia without committing to it, and I find it suspicious. Are you afraid of placing votes? It takes nine to kill, no one will get mad at you for one vote.
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/They

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:50 am

Post by Yume »

In post 1198, Past Present Future wrote:
In post 1191, Yume wrote:
In post 1190, Past Present Future wrote:I think Math v Mastina is tvt and I’m willing to die on that hill.
Well, then, convince him to go at someone else, cause I can't.
I hydra’d with Math in DnD mafia and he was deathtunnelled on obvtown Kokichi and absolutely nothing I could say could get him to budge from that. People wanted to lim us because of his Kokichi deathtunnel.
Then I can't unvote, I am afraid. If he is that hyper-focused on limming another townie, then he is actually hurting the town by remaining alive. The only way to stop it is to lim him or mastina.
Show
Whatever the chains placed upon me
Whatever the prison, my soul has the key
No money can buy, no power can still
No burden can break the unshakeable strength of my will

Mah best game

My alignment is what JJH says it is.
Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:52 am

In post 1205, Scarfmanship wrote:Furitive, you were supposed to wait a bit more before calling me out on that, if I explain the motivation right away it loses its value.

My opinion on DDR is buried somewhere in my posts, I'm voting DDR because a lot of people are calling them mafia without committing to it, and I find it suspicious. Are you afraid of placing votes? It takes nine to kill, no one will get mad at you for one vote.
Is this addressed to me? I have voted. I’ve voted Radja, Yume and Dangle. Of those, Yume is the only one I have no interest in re-voting.

Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:55 am

In post 1206, Yume wrote:
In post 1190, Past Present Future wrote:I think Math v Mastina is tvt and I’m willing to die on that hill.
I hydra’d with Math in DnD mafia and he was deathtunnelled on obvtown Kokichi and absolutely nothing I could say could get him to budge from that. People wanted to lim us because of his Kokichi deathtunnel.
Then I can't unvote, I am afraid. If he is that hyper-focused on limming another townie, then he is actually hurting the town by remaining alive. The only way to stop it is to lim him or mastina.
I would prefer to lim actual scum not a townread.

Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:58 am

Post by Yume »

In post 1208, Past Present Future wrote:
So you would prefer him to continue tunneling on whatever target he chooses next and let scum hide? He says he'll be killed, but with attitude like that, he won't be. Because scum will let him do half their work for them and then mount a lim on him when he is no longer useful. Would you prefer him being limmed now on in ELLO?
Show

Mah best game

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:00 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Y’all are talking as if it’s just me.

But there’s 5-6 other people convinced Mastina is scum too.

Don’t get me wrong I have openly said that I don’t see Mastina as town but you could try talking with others.

Looks like TBone and I need Mastina to town it up but I am sure if you’re that sure you could talk with others other than expecting me to just change.

Putting all the focus on me sounds really scummy that you know Mastina is scum and you have to convince me not to vig her later
When in actuality you’re deciding between bus or not.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:01 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1209, Yume wrote:
In post 1208, Past Present Future wrote:
So you would prefer him to continue tunneling on whatever target he chooses next and let scum hide? He says he'll be killed, but with attitude like that, he won't be. Because scum will let him do half their work for them and then mount a lim on him when he is no longer useful. Would you prefer him being limmed now on in ELLO?
Again I already said after Mastina’s flip I plan on lurking again.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:01 pm

Post by Yume »

Dunno about you, but I'd prefer someone who won't throw the game in ELLO just because they are too absorbed in their tunnel to care.
Show

Mah best game

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:03 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1212, Yume wrote:Dunno about you, but I'd prefer someone who won't throw the game in ELLO just because they are too absorbed in their tunnel to care.
I don’t live until elo.

It’s day one.

You’re using hyperbole to make a ridiculous point.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:04 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

I still think mastina needs to be the elimination today.

I do not agree with T-Bone (p-edit: Or Yume) that MathBlade isn't getting killed tonight, or at least not that it's guaranteed he doesn't.

But more than that, I'm pretty damn sure we've caught scum, and I don't feel inclined to just let scum walk away on the gamble that we hit another scum instead. Though I do have an inkling of where I'd vote if I must...

Also worth consideration is that if we're right on mastina, and we flip her, we get semi-confirmation that it is six scum we're looking for, and that information is very valuable for hunting potential partners.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:08 pm

Post by Yume »

Well, if mastina flips scum, then I believe he won't be killed, and this is why.

Make of that what you will.
Show

Mah best game

Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:13 pm

In post 1209, Yume wrote:So you would prefer him to continue tunneling on whatever target he chooses next and let scum hide? He says he'll be killed, but with attitude like that, he won't be. Because scum will let him do half their work for them and then mount a lim on him when he is no longer useful. Would you prefer him being limmed now on in ELLO?
I would like him to reset. He and mastina should not both live until elo. I understand the frustration. I hydraed with him in a very very difficult game that scum swept. He doesn't like to talk about it. Difference here is that he's allegedly a dayvig so we can salvage the game. He'll also have a nightphase to cool off if he lives.

I've been there and empathize but we shouldn't policy lim d1 unless unavoidable and I don't feel it is.

~Titus

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:18 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1216, Past Present Future wrote:
In post 1209, Yume wrote:So you would prefer him to continue tunneling on whatever target he chooses next and let scum hide? He says he'll be killed, but with attitude like that, he won't be. Because scum will let him do half their work for them and then mount a lim on him when he is no longer useful. Would you prefer him being limmed now on in ELLO?
I would like him to reset. He and mastina should not both live until elo. I understand the frustration. I hydraed with him in a very very difficult game that scum swept. He doesn't like to talk about it. Difference here is that he's allegedly a dayvig so we can salvage the game. He'll also have a nightphase to cool off if he lives.

I've been there and empathize but we shouldn't policy lim d1 unless unavoidable and I don't feel it is.

~Titus
I have no reason to reset.

There’s a mountain of evidence she’s scum and I have most of my townblock on the wagon.

Why would I reset?

Again why the focus on ME if you want a wagon elsewhere?

Argue that someone else is scummier than Mastina.

I don’t think you can because it’s mostly scum and 1-2 pocketed town (at most) against.

This wagon is correct. Myself, TBone, and RR have stated why.

Myself and TBone have said what it takes for us to consider elsewhere

I feel that’s more than generous since I normally don’t do that.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:18 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Again I will go through Yume’s chart after work but the summary is pretty much the point I brought up.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:19 pm

Post by Yume »

~Titus
Yeah, that's not gonna happen while they both live. I know how people like him operate out of experience. Hell, in one game, I got limmed despite being an Innocent Child, confirmed by a mod. That's the lengths some people will go to in order to maintain their bloody tunnels if left unchecked.
Show

Mah best game

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:20 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1219, Yume wrote:

~Titus
Yeah, that's not gonna happen while they both live. I know how people like him operate out of experience. Hell, in one game, I got limmed despite being an Innocent Child, confirmed by a mod. That's the lengths some people will go to in order to maintain their bloody tunnels if left unchecked.
Be fair that wasn’t me Yume.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:21 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1217, MathBlade wrote:Myself and TBone have said what it takes for us to consider elsewhere

I feel that’s more than generous since I normally don’t do that.
Where is that?

~Titus
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:22 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1162, T-Bone wrote:Two things need to happen basically. One, Mastina needs to show, not tell. Two, you especially need to give her the space to do so (or not do so).

And like, you can always dayvig her tomorrow. Let's not pretend you'll get night killed. You're basically bulletproof tonight.
Here it is.

I agreed with that sentiment. And said that Mastina has “space” to town it up

But I am transparent in thinking she won’t.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:23 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I did also correct the tomorrow.

I am Dusk 2 or Day 2
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:24 pm

In post 1222, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1162, T-Bone wrote:Two things need to happen basically. One, Mastina needs to show, not tell. Two, you especially need to give her the space to do so (or not do so).

And like, you can always dayvig her tomorrow. Let's not pretend you'll get night killed. You're basically bulletproof tonight.
Here it is.

I agreed with that sentiment. And said that Mastina has “space” to town it up

But I am transparent in thinking she won’t.
Then let's talk about other reads with the understanding as of now you won't unvote....

~Titus

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”