Hitch
Goon
Hitch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:05 am

Post by Hitch »

vote ; wall-e

for being wolfy all game (coug) and flip flopping in a strange way, ie, giving a big long post full of reasoning, then changing that vote 2 minutes later during which time no-onr had posted.

It seems to me that whatever conclusions he reached should have been reached by the end of the first post.

also, he dosn't actually add much of value apart from saying - sun is scummy. guess what? we allready knew that.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:41 am

Post by Wall-E »

Hitch wrote:
vote ; wall-e

for being wolfy all game (coug) {1} and flip flopping in a strange way, ie, giving a big long post full of reasoning, then changing that vote 2 minutes later during which time no-onr had posted {2}.

It seems to me that whatever conclusions he reached should have been reached by the end of the first post {3}.

also, he dosn't actually add much of value apart from saying - sun is scummy. guess what? we allready knew that {4}.
1) I can't help that SC's playstyle jives with you.

2) You mean when I realized The Fonz was already dead?

3) We're awfully close to the endgame for you to be nonchalant with your votes. My posts are short, but they take into account many things referenced from all fifty pages of the thread. You're basing this vote on me on... what? What that SC did makes me so scummy? This late in the game, we need to be well-reasoned and solid with our votes. You're tossing this one out way too flippantly for the town's safety.

4) Dur hur.
[url=http://s45creations.wordpress.com]I own a design studio[/url] :)
matrix
matrix
Goon
matrix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:48 am

Post by matrix »

SO we are one away from losing the game.

THere are 8 (eight) players remaining and in the time since I posted last there have been 6 posts by 3 players ???

I really dislke Hewitts post - it seems that Hitch and Wall-E are at least attempting to scum hunt.

I will almost certainly be voting for Hewitt I think today.

Hewitt - why shouldn't I vote for you?

whom do you suspect (and why) ?
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:50 am

Post by Wall-E »

"Why shouldn't I vote for you?"

Burden of proof shifting successful!

I like it.
Hitch
Hitch
Goon
Hitch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:00 am

Post by Hitch »

unvote ; wall-e

my vote sucks for may reasons, eorry i should have thought more before posting it on instinct. lynching wall-e is retarded today as he's likely to raise the posting in the game dramatically.

I am still suspicious of him though.
Hitch
Hitch
Goon
Hitch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:01 am

Post by Hitch »

mod -
can we get a player list please?
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:32 pm

Post by hewitt »

matrix wrote:SO we are one away from losing the game.

THere are 8 (eight) players remaining and in the time since I posted last there have been 6 posts by 3 players ???

I really dislke Hewitts post - it seems that Hitch and Wall-E are at least attempting to scum hunt.

I will almost certainly be voting for Hewitt I think today.

Hewitt - why shouldn't I vote for you?

whom do you suspect (and why) ?
You shouldn't vote for me cause I'm town. Other than that I know there's not much reason to keep me I've kind of sucked so far this day.

As for who do I suspect I have no freaking idea. I have no clue as to who's town and who isn't so I've been playing a waiting game so far and hoping somebody fucks up so we don't lose. If I had to point out someone I would choose Wall-E because his predecessor was StrangerCougar. They have totally different playing styles though so again, that confuses me a little.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:34 pm

Post by darkdude »

mod - can we get a player list please?
First post is always updated ;)
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:53 pm

Post by Wall-E »

My advice: Don't be afraid of the cultural gap. Go with your instinct. There are far more similarities between hunting scum here and on the p2p server than I suspect anyone is consciously aware.
Hitch
Hitch
Goon
Hitch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:28 am

Post by Hitch »

darkdude wrote:
Open 104
The New C9

IT IS NOW DAY 3

PLAYERS

Alive: 8
  • Caboose
    Morphing addict
  • matrix
  • SiestaGuru
  • ScottHoward
  • Hitch
  • hewitt
  • The Central Scrutinizer
  • StrangerCoug
Dead: 12
  • omg_im_innocent_wtf - Vanilla Townie - Modkilled Day 1
  • Wall-E - Vanilla Townie - Lynched Day 1
  • atakdog - Vanilla Townie - Killed Night 1
  • The Fonz - Cop - Killed Night 1
  • Sun Tzu - Mafia - Modkilled Day 2
  • Stef - Vanilla Townie - Modkilled Day 2
  • M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE - Vanilla Townie - Modkilled Day 2
  • zhaorx - Doctor - Modkilled Day 2
  • oEJo - Vanilla Townie - Modkilled Day 2
  • Mada - Vanilla Townie - Modkilled Day 2
  • ZazieR
    well-named - Serial Killer - Modkilled Day 2
  • gusmahler
    norseman1066 - Vanilla Townie - Killed Night 2
EVENTS
wow, I would never have gone back and looked at the op.

quoting this for referencr only atm.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:18 am

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

Lol... I like that my vote has probably a 38% chance of hitting scum right now.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:18 am

Hell, I should say, 43%.
possibly
comment."
matrix
matrix
Goon
matrix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:43 am

Post by matrix »

Wall-E wrote:
Burden of proof shifting successful!

I like it.
Is that good or bad? I am just trying to turn up a little heat and et some repsonses out of people.

Playing hte "waiting game" is sosososososo bad as a Townie imo.

I am basically going with the theory that fonz peeked TCS before he got killed. See my interactions with Fonz d1 where he on more than one occasion hinted that TCS was an awful lynch.

I relaly don't like his two recent posts here, but I have to narrow the field of options down somehow.

Hewitts recent reply to my Q sounds nooby more than anything else, hard to tell if he's nervous because he's scum ad doen't want to blow the game when they are [ ... ] this close to winning, or because he is totally lost with no info.

Lets ask some more questions, perchance we can still pull this out of the fire.

Siesta/Morphing addict - whom are your reads and leads thus far and what direction do you think you will be voting in?
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:52 pm

Post by Wall-E »

I'm willing to join you in lynching TCS.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:16 am

Wall-E wrote:I'm willing to join you in lynching TCS.
I'm not willing to join the rest of the town in losing.
possibly
comment."
ScottHoward
ScottHoward
Goon
ScottHoward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:19 pm

Post by ScottHoward »

The Central Scrutinizer wrote:Lol... I like that my vote has probably a 38% chance of hitting scum right now.
do you guys here at mafiascum use freudian slips as scum tells?
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:21 pm

Post by Wall-E »

That'd be a yes.
matrix
matrix
Goon
matrix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:00 pm

Post by matrix »

Wall-E wrote:I'm willing to join you in lynching TCS.
What makes TCS a good lynch choice in your opinion?
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:20 pm

Post by Wall-E »

The Case Against TCS By Wall-E:

He distanced Sun Tzu in his ISO 9.

He voted for my predecessor for an understandable mistake: His joke posts, (ISO 17 through 21, 23 through 30) were spread out over many pages. SC picked up on a COMMON and STRONG scumtell that, in the longer view, clearly was intended as a joke. However, I'd liken the entire sequence of events to scum setting a trap for a townie (which, if I'm right, makes TCS my hero in so many ways *).

In his ISO 33 he says everything he did D1 was him, "Just fucking around," a provably true statement, but I'd rather he not have said a damn thing than engage in a ten post indulgence - making fun of people who voted The Fonz for his, "If I'm the cop," plays.

Here's the thing, though. He claims the reason he made those prolific "If I'm the X, X is the X" posts was to protect The Fonz, yet he didn't pull the curtain aside until The Fonz was dead. He never even once spoke a word to his defence, merely continued to ape the post The Fonz came under fire for making without saying why. Most of us probably didn't catch on to what he was doing, but viewing his posts in isolation make it clear. * Hence the trap. Now, after the fact, he can say, "Well I tried to save The Fonz, and look how much he protected me!" Of course The Fonz was aware of the absurdity of TCS's actions. The Fonz's neck was on the line. He was reading everything anyone said to try to save himself. We've all been
there

In ISO 37 he clings to The Fonz's defence of him despite the odds of his being The Fonz's ONE investigation being VERY slim. More likely, The Fonz saw what TCS was doing with his joke posts and thought it was a strong town-tell (if only for the absurdity of the whole thing).

The rest of his posts have been fluffy non-hunting. He's been purporting since the beginning that he'd turn his act around and suddenly pop out with some newfound scumhunting effort after the fluff was over and the posting levels had gone down significantly. I say that time has come and passed. He was one of those who strongly advocated mass modkills, an action which statistically (if truly random) always helps the scum, and he has provided little to no useful content since his post 30 wherein he claims he was trying to save the cop but somehow was unable to just come out and say, "Guys, leave The Fonz alone. Your case is crap (it had to be, since he really WASN'T scum) and here's why."
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:25 pm

Post by Wall-E »

I've made two mistakes in my case on TCS.

1) The Fonz was not lynched. My bad.

2) The Fonz also thought playing, "If I'm the X, X is the X" was silly.

However, I was unable to find any specific examples of The Fonz going above and beyond to defend TCS. In fact, he spent more time defending me than he did TCS.

That is all.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:06 pm

Wall-E wrote:The Case Against TCS By Wall-E:

He distanced Sun Tzu in his ISO 9.

He voted for my predecessor for an understandable mistake: His joke posts, (ISO 17 through 21, 23 through 30) were spread out over many pages. SC picked up on a COMMON and STRONG scumtell that, in the longer view, clearly was intended as a joke. However, I'd liken the entire sequence of events to scum setting a trap for a townie (which, if I'm right, makes TCS my hero in so many ways *).

In his ISO 33 he says everything he did D1 was him, "Just fucking around," a provably true statement, but I'd rather he not have said a damn thing than engage in a ten post indulgence - making fun of people who voted The Fonz for his, "If I'm the cop," plays.

Here's the thing, though. He claims the reason he made those prolific "If I'm the X, X is the X" posts was to protect The Fonz, yet he didn't pull the curtain aside until The Fonz was dead. He never even once spoke a word to his defence, merely continued to ape the post The Fonz came under fire for making without saying why. Most of us probably didn't catch on to what he was doing, but viewing his posts in isolation make it clear. * Hence the trap. Now, after the fact, he can say, "Well I tried to save The Fonz, and look how much he protected me!" Of course The Fonz was aware of the absurdity of TCS's actions. The Fonz's neck was on the line. He was reading everything anyone said to try to save himself. We've all been
there

In ISO 37 he clings to The Fonz's defence of him despite the odds of his being The Fonz's ONE investigation being VERY slim. More likely, The Fonz saw what TCS was doing with his joke posts and thought it was a strong town-tell (if only for the absurdity of the whole thing).

The rest of his posts have been fluffy non-hunting. He's been purporting since the beginning that he'd turn his act around and suddenly pop out with some newfound scumhunting effort after the fluff was over and the posting levels had gone down significantly. I say that time has come and passed. He was one of those who strongly advocated mass modkills, an action which statistically (if truly random) always helps the scum, and he has provided little to no useful content since his post 30 wherein he claims he was trying to save the cop but somehow was unable to just come out and say, "Guys, leave The Fonz alone. Your case is crap (it had to be, since he really WASN'T scum) and here's why."
I'm sorry for my behavior, but in general, I think this game has been a joke from start to finish and I've had great difficulty beginning to care.

Lurking and posting fluff for me at this present time is
not
a good case for lynching me. I've been lurking and posting fluff everywhere, because my work schedule has been getting jerked around like mad, and I've been mortgaging my mafia games for my life. In general, I'd rather be able to be here and contribute all the time, but right now I'd rather not replace out of a 50-page game that was essentially a scumchat game for 40 pages and has now turned into a lurkfest. So my general plan has been to lurk in my games, and contribute at such time that I can. I have slowly been picking up momentum in my other games, but this game is lagging behind because, frankly, I just can't give a shit about a game that was a joke and is now effectively an auto-scum win.

Also, I can't even believe that you'd think I, as scum, would openly support mass modkills. That's insulting. I'm pretty sure I've called for mass modkills before (though not gotten them, sadly), when I was town and everyone was lurking. Of course, you wouldn't know that. And I don't really care at any rate.

That's all I've got by way of explanation and defense. Next time I post in this thread I'll not use my time allotment posting a long-winded defense that you're not going to buy anyway, because
nobody
buys what I sell, because
nobody
understands how I play, except for the Fonz, and he's dead and now you're focusing on me for some stupid fucking reason that my rat brain can't even begin to comprehend.

<breath>

I'm about to Christian Bale all over this game. Peace.
possibly
comment."
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:32 pm

Post by Wall-E »

Your message of hopelessness is not pro-town. Fix that attitude, soldier, there's a war on!

I really feel that if the remaining pro-town players pull it together we can still win this. Between the experienced players from both communities and the fact that we have SO MUCH information to work with, it's not outside the realm of possibilities that we can beat the baddies.

Personally, I've learned a lot from this game. I don't think it's been a joke in any sense of the word.

ScottHoward's point that TCS's percentages were off is valid, and I'd be willing to entertain others voting for TCS for those reasons, but I accept his defence for now.

So.

What else is on the table? Let's look at the remaining players, three of whom are scum and - statistically - one of whom is a power role:

Caboose = Morphing addict
matrix
SiestaGuru
ScottHoward
Hitch
hewitt
The Central Scrutinizer
StrangerCoug = Wall-E

Dead Vanillas

omg_im_innocent_wtf
Wall-E
atakdog
Stef
M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE
oEJo
Mada
gusmahler = norseman1066

Dead Powers

zhaorx - Doctor
The Fonz - Cop

Dead Scum

Sun Tzu - Mafia
ZazieR well-named - Serial Killer
matrix
matrix
Goon
matrix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:49 pm

Post by matrix »

The Central Scrutinizer wrote:I think this game has been a joke from start to finish and I've had great difficulty beginning to care.
:(

I signed up at MS some time ago - as was the rules at the time I then proceeded to play a newbie game, I am not a newb to WW/Mafia but thems the rules.

I hated it - IIRC Igot lynched d2 for being too aggressive, the days took an interminable amount of time and where I am used to days lasting 24 hours and having upwards of 1k posts PER DAY it was a culture shock.

Fastforward to a month or so ago and a thread gets posted proposing that a bunch of POG players go play at MS to "show the MS regs a thing or two" - I understood this to mean that we would play a game here just amongst ourselves that would quickly rocket along with lots of content. Turned out that the way the queue thing works here we ended up playing in a game with many MS players, clearly almost none of whom knew what was happening.

The guy that started these boards had to come itt and point out that you had been invaded!

Several MS players took great offense at suddenly being caught in a game they didn't want to play and weren't expecting.

So the whole thing gets paused while each player confirms whether or not they still want to be a part of it or not.

Some guys left - and all the best to them - some people stayed, some more replaceents subbed in.

This is what gets e TCS about your quote above - IF YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT PLAYING THIS GAME WHY THE HELL DID YOU AGREE TO KEEP PLAYING IT?????

(see also Stranger Coug)

So the game then evolved into an us v them slang fest, a bunch of players fro both sides then got modkilled for inactivity.

Finally I thought the game wll start moving.

nope - day 2 grinds to a half with a NO LYNCH - approximately the worst possible result for the Town.

And NOW TCS you make a lengthy post in the game thread starting out with "this game is a joke and I don't care about it"

Your timing sucks imo.

I am of the opinion that players like Hewitt who are posting very little, but still maintaining some kind of presence itt are likely scum. All the Mafia have to do here is coast to victory and say as little as possible.
frankly, I just can't give a shit about a game that was a joke and is now effectively an auto-scum win
Thats Towny I think. The hopelessness theme isn't one that a Mafioso would have.

If the thread picks up and people start contributing again I will make an effort and go through and find the posts from Fonz that I think cleared TCS in the first place, maybe I am wrong, but I doubt I will end up voting to lynch TCS, Hewitt is still my #1 choice.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:37 pm

So.

At this point in the game, with scum doing as well as they are, I might expect one to be trying to lead a lynch, one to be actively distancing, and the rest lurking as much as possible.
possibly
comment."
matrix
matrix
Goon
matrix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:09 am

Post by matrix »

Siesta/Morphing addict - whom are your reads and leads thus far and what direction do you think you will be voting in?
Too many people lurking ITT.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”