PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:23 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

MeMe wrote:
PeaceBringer wrote:My my Meme, when you get going, you do really get going.
Right back atcha. Though I'll note that you didn't bother contributing much until I leaned.

I would also like to hear others' input...but I don't need to hide behind it. I'm
fine
making my own strong decisions (leading), and I'm also fine changing my mind later (following OR leading in a different direction) if input warrants it. But, so far, I'm just a lone voice -- only the second vote on you. You seem scared I'm a leader when
no one
else has weighed in on this back and forth. Paranoia, perhaps?

You sound more and more as though you wanted to push without committing, which could have resulted in coming off as a follower though you'd been an instigator. That you avoided placing your vote until now...but felt the need to do so after I pointed out how scummy it was that you
hadn't
looks as though you, too, were worried it didn't look quite right.

Yep. So happy with my current vote.
I do thoughts of different things for different reasons, none of which I care to explain related to how I play this game. I watch things. I get reactions. Maybe you do the same thing, but Meme, I really wanted to hear what others thought. I hate retalitory voting. I truely wanted a discussion of the best way to go about sorting through this information.
Your play today has had me alarmed, so granted I may already be skewed but I have no problem with you going to night and being investigated as well. And yes, I am focused on your play, cause your play has come off scummy and looks a lot like your play in newbie island (my only experience observing your play).
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:28 am

Post by MeMe »

Alright - third time you've mentioned Newbie Island -- but I have no idea which game that is. I looked through the newbie games in which I can remember being involved as scum and can't find one called Newbie Island.

And, if you're pro-town, I'm advising you to read at least a second game of mine (one in which I'm town -- perhaps Newbie #62) to get some perspective.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:31 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

maybe I have the name wrong it was the game with Locus, ROland, Lemming. Followed it to see how lemming reacted to scum players.

Roland out manuevered Lemming on the cop claim and you fooled Lemming into think you were clean on day one.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:34 am

Post by MeMe »

No - you've got the name right -- it's just not in the title, so when I searched I didn't find it. (#66 for all interested parties)
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:56 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

okay read the game you pointed at and I did notice a clear tone difference in 62 from 66. I didn't in any of your posts have alarm bells go off, reading that game. I probably will peruse the other games you listed in 62 when I have chance. WTH did you just give up in 62 though. Seems like they just wore you out. Although I had games where I got worn out. Pirates mafia is an example of that. IS drove me to the point of giving up, so I can understand. Perhaps we are a bit a like style wise but I noticed a distinct difference in tone in 62 then what I saw in 66 and here so far. Granted, I may misread and I at times go off of guts which can be wrong but all I know is I am concerned. I wish others would chime in though.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:14 am

Post by MeMe »

PeaceBringer wrote:WTH did you just give up in 62 though. Seems like they just wore you out.
Oh man - I forgot how that game ended...there were a couple of posts that got deleted which made it clear that if someone involved in the debate (the four counter-claimaints) didn't just make a move, it was just going to get more frustrating for everyone involved.

Sorry...probably the worst example I could've come up with. It was the off-the-top-of-my-head example of a game in which I'd been in the similar situation of being accused indirectly.

How about you and I agree not to post further until at least a couple of others say something. Deal?
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:26 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

fine by me, I am out till later anyway.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:34 am

Post by Stewie »

I'm not recieving any scummy vibes from MeMe, in fact I could say that I trust her a bit more than what I trust the rest of the town, mainly because the logic she's using in this game makes sense to me.

I'm getting scummy vibes from PB, but I would personally would like to hear moer about the nature of halfpint's threat.
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:22 pm

Post by halfpint »

Stewie, by no means is what I received (at least the way I read it) a threat. People wanted to know why I wanted to hear more from MeMe. It is because I received a pm that said MeMe might be scummy. That's it. I wasn't even sure of how to take it, which is why I wanted to hear more from her.
PeaceBringer wrote:In turn you began a fight with halfpint who in turn said she had a note saying you were guilty.
I never said that I received something that said MeMe was guilty. If that were true, I would be voting for her right now.

In fact, MeMe doesn't seem scummy to me. I'm not so sure of PeaceBringer. What I think is the most suspicious thus far is the absence of Medicated Lain and roland, who was very silent for a long while and only came in with one short comment about my note. Stewie still has my vote from the entire thing before, but that may change.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:11 pm

Post by Stewie »

halfpint wrote:Stewie, by no means is what I received (at least the way I read it) a threat.
Bah, the thing is that there's another game I'm playing right now in which someone recieved a threat, and I got confused.

You could rephrase it to "I'm getting scummy vibes from PB, but I would personally would like to hear moer about the nature of halfpint's PM."
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:18 pm

Post by rolandofthewhite »

I'm sorry that I haven't been talking that much, guys. I think I've signed up for
way
too many games right now, and with my online Latin class, doing art projects, and Pre-Calculus, I haven't been able to devote very much time to my games lately, I'm sorry to say. :(

If any of you have ever played in past games with me, you know that it's not like me to lurk at all, and I'm really going to try my best to post more, and give my opinions on things.

But for now, I think that I've given my opinion on things. I do find halfpint's claim of a note suspicious, but what I really don't like right now is PB's reaction to everthing. I do remember the game that everyone is refering to (Mafia Island was actually a regular mini where STD was a Hedonist... That's all I remember about it), and being scum with MeMe before (and barely winning!) has made me understand her playing style a little bit better. The way that she is playing now is somewhat similar to the way she acted in the previous game, but I haven't played in enough games with her yet to be sure whether this is how she normally plays, or only when she's scum. :?

Basically, the three people that I'm the most suspicious of as of now are PB, halfpint, and MeMe, but I'm going to go with my gut on this one and
Vote: PeaceBringer

I really need to do my Latin now, so I'm going to finish this post. Talk to you guys later!
Quiero hacer contigo lo que la primavera hace con los cerezos.
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:20 pm

Oh, crap! Let me re-try that...
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:21 pm

I'm sorry that I haven't been talking that much, guys. I think I've signed up for
way
too many games right now, and with my online Latin class, doing art projects, and Pre-Calculus, I haven't been able to devote very much time to my games lately, I'm sorry to say.

If any of you have ever played in past games with me, you know that it's not like me to lurk at all, and I'm really going to try my best to post more, and give my opinions on things.

But for now, I think that I've given my opinion on things. I do find halfpint's claim of a note suspicious, but what I really don't like right now is PB's reaction to everthing. I do remember the game that everyone is refering to (Mafia Island was actually a regular mini where STD was a Hedonist... That's all I remember about it), and being scum with MeMe before (and barely winning!) has made me understand her playing style a little bit better. The way that she is playing now is somewhat similar to the way she acted in the previous game, but I haven't played in enough games with her yet to be sure whether this is how she normally plays, or only when she's scum.

Basically, the three people that I'm the most suspicious of as of now are PB, halfpint, and MeMe, but I'm going to go with my gut on this one and
Vote: PeaceBringer

I really need to do my Latin now, so I'm going to finish this post. Talk to you guys later!
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:24 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

Meme-- you wonder why I try and stay back, cause it seems when ever I open my mouth and start looking at things people's initial reaction to my play is that of scuminess. Stewie has seen me in a few games and should know better, so
FOS to Stewie
on that. For Meme and Roland, I suggest taking a look at some of my games. Starting out with Zelda or the South Park mini might be a good place to start.

UNFOS Roland
for acknowleging that meme's play is similar to that game. Even though you have an ill placed vote on me.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:17 am

Post by Stewie »

PeaceBringer wrote: Stewie has seen me in a few games and should know better
Few, if any, that are over, so I have every right to think you are scum in every one of them.
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer
Location: On a chair in which I used to sit, took a pencil and I wrote the following on it...It's dark in here

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:33 pm

Post by willows_weep »

for present developments, I will
fos halfpint.

Just because it seems a nice set up for future claiming, sort of get out of hotseat 'free' card to me.

Mystery information is fun to toy with when youre anti town in any manner.

The fact that it implicates MeMe, doesn't bother me too much, since it would be harder to investigate that, than any other venture.

No comment on PB.
What is the point of using foul language, downright rudeness, slurs, etc on a gaming site? This is really distasteful.

Forum rules and guidelines (letter and spirit folks)
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14372
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:42 pm

No comment? :D
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:23 am

Post by Medicated Lain »

OK I really didn't *actually* catch up, as jsut somply briefed through... what caught my eye is..
[quote=halfpint]
I received a pm last night that hinted that MeMe may be scum. That's pretty much what the pm said without revealing word for word what the pm said. I don't know if this is true or not, so of course the person that I would want to hear from most is MeMe.
[/quote]
I saw later she said maybe it was the wrong game, and meme said it was right, so I'll just say I very strongly believe that this happened to halfpint, as last night I recieved some sort of totem to investigate someone... but it would only work for last night. My result was on the person I investigated was "nuetral", which sounded better than "bad" or "evil" so I didn't mention it. Is our deadline today?
vote: MeMe
incase it is. I would prefer more discussion about this, since it was just a hint. But it seems to me better than anything else to go on.
If you're not remembered, then you never existed.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:55 am

Post by MeMe »

First thing -- I think that's the fourth vote on me. Tread carefully, people.

Next things --

halfpint's claimed to have gotten a PM suggesting I may be scum last night.
And, just so I'm understanding this completely, please clarify as to whether it was completely out of your hands or whether you had any say in its contents at all -- I mean, were you given an option on whom the subject of the note would be? Or did it just appear with no choice being made by you?

ML's claiming to have received an item which allowed her a one-time investigation (which gave a result of "neutral").

This means that two people (in one night) are claiming to have received investigation results while
not
claiming to be actual investigators. This, to me, seems more than a little off...especially when the claimed results are confusing at best.

And M_L, I really, really hate it when people vote while admitting they haven't fully read the thread. That's pretty irritating, especially when I'm in a position to know that the vote's a wrong one.

You also claim that you want discussion on the matter -- but, as I said at the beginning of this post, I think that's the
fourth
vote on me. Looks as though you've placed "joining bandwagons" ahead of both your claimed desire for discussion and thoroughly reading threads to make an informed decision.

PBUG - VOTE COUNT AND DOURGRIM REPLACEMENT PLEASE.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:06 am

Post by MeMe »

Crap - ML's right. Deadline's in about 6 hours.

No way PBuG's gonna let that stand without current counts and replacement of a person with an unfair standing vote, is he???

Please, people, pay attention! Unvote me!

Claim
: I'm Moving Man #2 - no night choice and I'm not a mason either (but I have high hopes that Moving Man #1 is in the game and can confirm me if it gets necessary)
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:13 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

moving man?

explain please-
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:23 am

Post by MeMe »

I thought I just did.

My role is "Moving Man #2." I have no night choice.
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:52 am

Post by halfpint »

MeMe wrote:halfpint's claimed to have gotten a PM suggesting I may be scum last night.
And, just so I'm understanding this completely, please clarify as to whether it was completely out of your hands or whether you had any say in its contents at all -- I mean, were you given an option on whom the subject of the note would be? Or did it just appear with no choice being made by you?
My pm did not just appear; I did have a choice on the subject of the pm.

As to your claim -- can you give us any other information about what your role is? You say that you don't have a night choice. Well, what does moving man #2 do?
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:05 am

Post by Stewie »

:roll: \

She just claimed townie.
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:11 am

Post by halfpint »

Well, :roll: , right back at ya.

It is possible that her pm didn't just say Moving Man #2 -- townie. I want
MeMe
to clarify if there was anything else that she was omitting from her claim.

You really don't like me asking for more information do you? Especially when it comes to MeMe. :?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”