Mini #70: Vanilla Extract- Game Over, man!

Spoon
Spoon
Townie
Spoon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:09 am

Post by Spoon »

I believe school is a valid excuse for lurking. I don't think sbdirt is lurking for scummy reasons. However, he hasn't contributed to this game at all, which is bad.
FOS sbdirt

Why is everyone voting for/misspelling Isaac? He made one or two mistakes, but I see little reason to assume he is not a townie. Townie is not really to most useful role in mafia, so using it in the hopes of finding scum is not a bad idea. Of course, it isn't really smart to try to get yourself lynched, but I see that more as a mistake then as scummyness.
Morpheus wrote:And I'm going to FOS: Issac since he's acting kind of suspicious. If he is a townie why the heck would he tell us his whole plan of getting the mafia to make a mistake. Well, guess what..............................if your mafia then your plan worked. That post was your mistake.
First of all, you've been misspelling Isaac for a while now. Any reason for that?
Second of all, I have no idea what you are talking about. If you are mafia, you usually don't try to get lynched. Reading over your posts, you seem to be acting rather agressive, without much reason.
That
seems scummy to me.

His posts so far:

- Random vote: Prizm
More people vote for Prizm

- Let's kill Prizm before he posts! Start voting!
- Well, I play AIM mafia, and that goes very fast. So, why don't we just lynch Prizm before he posts?
Prizm posts and is being unvoted

- Ok, let's unvote Prizm and vote mathcam. No reason
He gets a vote and a FOS

- Unvote mathcam. Just voting to get some random person te roleclaim
- Well, I voted Prizm for no apparent reason
No post for a while

- Not sure who is scum, no vote
Two posts with nothing about him/sbdirt/anything else of importance

- Vote sbdirt. He's lurking
- Yeah, Isaac is suspicious, but I'll keep my vote on sbdirt until he posts
sbdirt is prodded and posts

- Unvote sbdirt. Sorry, made a mistake. Well, FOS Isaac for little reason

It isn't much, but it's the best lead I got right now. Until he gives some good reason/explanation, I will
vote Morpheus
Spoon?
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:32 am

Post by CoolBot »

Just because Isaac says he's trying to get lynched, doesn't mean we should assume he is. If we did, then scum will do claim they're trying to get lynched because everyone unvotes when they hear that. Generally, we should never unvote someone because they say some particular thing.

That alone isn't enough to lynch him though. What does it for me is he spelled out his townie plan, which is a stupid thing to do if he's telling the truth. Now, the mafia are on to his little game, and act accordinly. Not thinking Isaac is stupid, I'm forced to believe his plan is nothing more than a scum ruse.
Morpheus
Morpheus
Goon
Morpheus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:00 am

Post by Morpheus »

What the heck are you talking about spoon? I never said any of those things, and I definatly didn't mean what you think I did. So it seems like your making stories up about me to try to get people to vote for me. I said that I suspected Isaac just so everyone would no how I felt. And you go after me for no reason. And my reason for voting for mathcam were his junk posts and then he stops posting all together. I then withdrew my vote because I found out mathcam couldn't post on weekends. And yes I didn't have a reason for voting for prizm......But nobody had a reaon for their first vote....It's called a random vote! And no I wasn't lurking...I said I was just waiting for a little bit more information before I voted for someone. Yes I voted for Sbdirt becasue I wanted to get rid of lurkers. And when I found out he had so much school work I withdrew my vote. And I thought I had a good reason to FOS Isaac. Oh and If you thought I had a bad reason for Fos Isaac....You didn't have much of a reason to fos sbdirt eigther. So
Vote: Spoon
for making things up and trying to frame me.
Yeah..
Spoon
Spoon
Townie
Spoon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:23 am

Post by Spoon »

Morpheus wrote:What the heck are you talking about spoon? I never said any of those things, and I definatly didn't mean what you think I did.
Although I did not quote you exactly, I went through your posts. I posted the contents of that posts, rather objective.
So it seems like your making stories up about me to try to get people to vote for me.
What did I make up?
I said that I suspected Isaac just so everyone would no how I felt. And you go after me for no reason.
I go after you because you seem more suspicious then anyone else to me at this time. As I said, it isn't much.
And my reason for voting for mathcam were his junk posts and then he stops posting all together.
You didn't say that.
I then withdrew my vote because I found out mathcam couldn't post on weekends.
And you definitly didn't say that... you said this when you unvoted mathcam:
Your earlier post

Im just voting because this game is getting nowhere.
And yes I didn't have a reason for voting for prizm......But nobody had a reaon for their first vote....It's called a random vote!
Then why didn't you remove the vote when he got targeted, and told others to vote for him to lynch him?
And no I wasn't lurking...
Did I say that?
I said I was just waiting for a little bit more information before I voted for someone. Yes I voted for Sbdirt becasue I wanted to get rid of lurkers. And when I found out he had so much school work I withdrew my vote.
No comments here.
And I thought I had a good reason to FOS Isaac.
Could you explain it?
You didn't have much of a reason to fos sbdirt eigther.
Sure I did. I even explained it. I FOSed him because he wasn't contibuting much to the game. I didn't vote because I don't think he is scum, but he should post more, and give his posts some contents.
So
I don't see what I'm making up... and I'm not trying to frame you. I'm just showing the facts, and giving my suspicions based on that facts. I don't know if you really are scum, but to me, your posts seem to indicate you are.
Spoon?
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:33 pm

Post by Isaac »

So here's the deal:

There are a bunch of reasons I spelled out what I was doing. Here's a couple of them off the top of my head.

1)I felt like there was enough scummy behavior beforehand in the thread to justify my doing so, even if we hadn't learned anything afterwards. (of course we did learn something about scum from my post, see reason #3)

2)If i hadn't explained it, I probably would have been lynched. If I just said I'm a townie, people would say "Yeah right!," lynch me, and then the town would have learned nothing particularly new.

3)I wanted to see how the scum would react. And the reaction period after my posts has been VERY informative. Morpheus has risen to the top of my scum list, and Meme has fallen, risen, and fallen again.

4)For the town to work, to a certain extent, the town needs to know about it. This is the weakest reason, as I suppose the town should be looking over the thread trying to figure out who the scum is from day one anyway, but I felt it important. Remember: this is a plan and an execution that came out of nowhere for me, I just figured I'd try it and see. And this leads to...

5)A reason for revealing and also my super secret reason behind the plan itself: I wanted to have fun and try a new thing. I know, imagine, having fun in a Mafia game. But being a townie is a thankless, often boring task as you all know, and I found myself in the position to try to make something of it. We can debate later if the plan itself is dumb or not (i still maintain that we coule probably find all the scum in the game if we read today's posts enough), but ultimately I wanted to try it and see if it would work. Best case scenario: we find some scum and I learn a new trick for Mafia. Worst case scenario: townie gets lynched day 1. As someone said earlier in the thread, no big deal. And at least as far as having fun goes, its been a success on that front. I've had more fun in this game than I have in a message board situation in quite a while.

So those are some reasons for my reveal, and the super secret reason behind my plan to draw out scum. For what it's worth, I still think it was successful in making day 1 more fun and for drawing out scum. But then again, i'm only certain of the first one.

Except for morpheus. Gah, that guy
reeks
of scum.

Oh, and one last thing...

Coolbot, I am honored that you so respect my intelligence. But let's not go crazy here.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:54 pm

Post by Dasquian »

You know, I think Isaac's point 6 was the best one of the lot. Scum or town, shaking things up is certainly keeping things interesting :) And I don't really find him that suspicious personally... reckless maybe. Backfired townie ploy? Sure. Suspicious? A bit, but not nearly enough.

Morpheus I was previously happy to discount as just an eager newbie but the fact is he is acting very, very suspiciously and OMGUSing in response to valid concerns. So I'm leaning towards voting for him.

For now? Still voting sbdirt because as far as I'm concerned, he's deliberately lurking.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:54 pm

Post by Dasquian »

When I said 6, I did of course mean 5. Aha :)
Spoon
Spoon
Townie
Spoon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:36 pm

Post by Spoon »

Dasquian wrote:For now? Still voting sbdirt because as far as I'm concerned, he's deliberately lurking.
How exactly is he deliberately lurking? He gave a (to me) rather valid reason for not being here much. I have already said that he should contribute to the game more, but I hardly think he is scum or even vote-worthy.
Spoon?
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:40 pm

Post by Dasquian »

I voted for him because he was being quiet, a few days ago. Since then, he's popped up saying "aha, I'm busy! Back soon!" and hasn't been seen since. That, in my books, is deliberately lurking. His other option was asking to be replaced.

Seriously, if he was at the computer then, he could've checked the thread and said you know, the
first thing
about what he thinks and who he suspects. Instead, he just brushed us off and has gone to ground again. If he really is too busy to spend even 15 minutes browsing the thread, he should get himself replaced.

So, until he spends some time on this game or admits that he isn't going to, I consider him to be deliberately and cynically lurking.
Spoon
Spoon
Townie
Spoon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:54 pm

Post by Spoon »

I agree that he is lurking and he should contribute more. I just don't agree that is a good reason to think he is scum/vote for him.
Spoon?
Spoon
Spoon
Townie
Spoon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:54 pm

Post by Spoon »

Maybe he should be replaced if he won't play?
Spoon?
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:57 pm

Post by Dasquian »

Fair enough ;) I think it's an excellent reason to vote for him though - it's good for the game and the meta-game. And I'd much rather be in the endgame with Morpheus or Isaac than someone who has posted nothing all game.
Spoon
Spoon
Townie
Spoon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:59 pm

Post by Spoon »

Well... I'd rather lynch scum then a townie (and possibly even an important role).
Vote replace sbdirt if he won't contribute
Confirm Vote Morpheus
Spoon?
No Idea
No Idea
Goon
No Idea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2003 12:42 am

Post by No Idea »

As much as I'd like to believe Isaac's explanation, the possibility he's clever scum is very hard to ignore. And I still think his reasoning is weird.
Besides contradicting himself with reason two (he explained his plan because he didn't want to get lynched, but in that very post he said he'll get lynched anyway), which can just be a mistake, the main reason I find him suspicious is the reasoning behind his "plan":
He says his plan is to act suspicious and lure scum to vote for him. But voting for someone that's acting scummy isn't a scummy thing at all, it's the objective of this game.

And about Morpheus and Spoon, I think they're both being pretty ridiculous:
Spoon wrote:First of all, you've been misspelling Isaac for a while now. Any reason for that?
Yes, actually there is:
He's scum trying to misspell Isaac's name in an evil plot to take over the world! muhahahahahaha!!!
Morpheus wrote:So
How dare he think you're suspicious, everybody know you're innocent!
He must be scum trying to frame you... yeah, that's it!
First roger rabbit, then you, nobody's safe!!!

I think both of them are they're probably innocent.
Spoon has done absolutely nothing suspicious. He thinks Morpheus is scum so he posts it. Morpheus may have changed his mind a bit too often or voted for people without explaining why but I really don't get why do you think this means he's scum, he's just new and he maid some mistakes, big deal... I do hope he starts explaining his posts from now on, though.

And sbdirt is probably just busy. I also think that he should be replaced if he won't post something with real content in the next few days but there's definitely no reason to lynch him.
Spoon
Spoon
Townie
Spoon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:07 am

Post by Spoon »

No Idea wrote:Yes, actually there is:
He's scum trying to misspell Isaac's name in an evil plot to take over the world! muhahahahahaha!!!
I did not use that as a reason for him being scum. I just noted it and found it rather odd.
Morpheus may have changed his mind a bit too often or voted for people without explaining why but I really don't get why do you think this means he's scum, he's just new and he maid some mistakes, big deal... I do hope he starts explaining his posts from now on, though.
He has been voting around without much explanation. In the beginning, I did see his mistakes as newness, but he kept jumping around so much. Therefore, I'm now rather suspicious of him. His last post barely contained a good explanation for anything, and he basically OMGUS voted me, so my vote stands.
sbdirt is probably just busy. I also think that he should be replaced if he won't post something with real content in the next few days but there's definitely no reason to lynch him.
Agreed.
Spoon?
Spoon
Spoon
Townie
Spoon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:09 am

Post by Spoon »

Also, I think newness/newbieness shouldn't be used as an excuse that much. It can explain some mistakes, but it isn't a reason to jump around and vote for everyone without explanation. As well, there are lot of newbies is this game (including myself) but I don't see them jumping around with no reason.
Spoon?
No Idea
No Idea
Goon
No Idea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:23 am

Post by No Idea »

Spoon wrote:Also, I think newness/newbieness shouldn't be used as an excuse that much. It can explain some mistakes, but it isn't a reason to jump around and vote for everyone without explanation. As well, there are lot of newbies is this game (including myself) but I don't see them jumping around with no reason.
So you say that scum is more likely to vote without explaining?
If he was scum he would have probably been told it's scummy to vote with no explanation. And just because we aren't "jumping around with no reason" doesn't mean all newbies are like us. Maybe he thinks the reason behind his votes is too clear to state, or maybe he has some other weird reason of doing that. For now, I'll consider this newbieness, but if he'll continue behaving like that I'll definitely vote for him.
Spoon
Spoon
Townie
Spoon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:31 am

Post by Spoon »

No Idea wrote:So you say that scum is more likely to vote without explaining?
If he was scum he would have probably been told it's scummy to vote with no explanation. And just because we aren't "jumping around with no reason" doesn't mean all newbies are like us. Maybe he thinks the reason behind his votes is too clear to state, or maybe he has some other weird reason of doing that. For now, I'll consider this newbieness, but if he'll continue behaving like that I'll definitely vote for him.
You make a good point. However, it could be that the other mafia members didn't think it was necesarry to tell him and that he would make his own way through. Until he gives an explantion, my vote remains on him.
Spoon?
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2003 3:36 am

Post by mathcam »

If he was scum he would have probably been told it's scummy to vote with no explanation.
I doubt it. From whom? His fellow mafia that don't really know he's a mafia newbie? This is of course just a general point, and not Isaac-specific.

I'm mainly voting for Isaac now because his guilt/innocence is up in the air, and it will tell us something about Prizm, but I agree that if I had to make a second guess, it would be Morpheus.

Cam
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2003 4:46 am

Post by MeMe »

No Idea wrote:As much as I'd like to believe Isaac's explanation, the possibility he's clever scum is very hard to ignore. And I still think his reasoning is weird.
Besides contradicting himself with reason two (he explained his plan because he didn't want to get lynched, but in that very post he said he'll get lynched anyway), which can just be a mistake, the main reason I find him suspicious is the reasoning behind his "plan":
He says his plan is to act suspicious and lure scum to vote for him. But voting for someone that's acting scummy isn't a scummy thing at all, it's the objective of this game.
My feelings exactly. Although Isaac's latest posts sound quite reasonable and all "rah-rah town! Even though I'm about to die, I'm really helpful! See?" I think it's more likely that he's just scum calmly introducing doubt and I can't allow myself to fall for it.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2003 4:57 am

Post by Dasquian »

Well, since everyone seems to be quite happy to let sbdirt post once or twice a week, I'll
unvote sbdirt and vote Isaac
. It's as good a day one lynch as we're going to get, and the worst-case scenario is that we lose a townie. And hey, that's what they're there for.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2003 5:13 am

Post by JereIC »

Vote Tally

5 Isaac- CoolBot, No Idea, MeMe, Mathcam, Dasquian
2 Morpheus- Isaac, Spoon
1 Spoon- Morpheus
3 Not Voting-
Prizm, Riven, sbdirt

3! to lynch

(3! = 1*2*3 = 6)
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2003 6:38 am

Post by mathcam »

I think I've posted this before, but I'm certainly not in favor of allowing lurkers to lurk, but it's certainly more pressing if the game is at a standstill. If the town has a plan, lurkers are annoying (we still need the votes to lynch), but it's not nearly as big of an issue.

Cam
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:51 am

Post by CoolBot »

Issac, your townie plan would've worked whether or not we told us about it explicitly. I'm sure some of us would've had the brillant idea of checking the vote patterns. If you were so worried about it and so certain you'd be lynched, you could've waited until twilight, thus not giving the mafia a chance to take your plan into account.
Morpheus
Morpheus
Goon
Morpheus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2003 11:23 am

Post by Morpheus »

Ok I'm going to
unvote: spoon
because after reading everyone elses post I found out he probably is innocent. But right now I'm kind of confused as I am a newbie :oops: so I won't vote unlil someone starts acting suspicous, I still think Isaac is suspicous but since i'm new I don't know if I should vote for him. If I find out a little bit more about how Isaac is acting suspicous then I will vote to lynch him. But until then I'm voteless.
Yeah..

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”