Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:09 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

In post 123, Kagami wrote: K, I still think bert is town, but my assumptions were false. No conftowns
You think he has a "Weak Human Miller" fakeclaim, eh?
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:10 pm

Post by Kagami »

No, I think he's a weak human miller.

VOTE: kaze
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:11 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 69, BROseidon wrote:I don't like the way you're pushing the Annie flavor based on the anime when the game's based on the manga, with Annie's alignment in the manga being incredibly clear. It's like you're simultaneously trying to write-off the flavor while using it to potentially position an attack later.
oh lord
you're scum aren't you
this reminds me of how you jumped on Varsoon in imperishable night early game with a sketchy reason and iirc completely ignored everything else

I haven't seen the anime or read the manga .-. so I didn't know any of this, nor was I paying attention to exactly what this game was based off of, nor did I know this bc no one brought up the manga. so you're kind of right in that I'm not really paying much attention to the flavor, but I'm using what I'm picking up of it to try to figure out stuff

what makes you think I'm familiar with the manga?
In post 69, BROseidon wrote:wtf is Mykonian's read list.
holy shit you really are scum
vote: BRO
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:11 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 99, Kazekirimaru wrote:Why are you so sure there's a third?

And, really? A game-breaking aspect of the setup that was missed by four different people? Unlikely. I find this all too hard to believe.
why are you trying to discredit smth that might break the game?

if you're town I'd expect you would take more of an interest in smth like this. the fact you wouldn't be more interested in this feels skeevy as fuck. I don't buy that you think there might not be a 3rd (there were 2 claims with only like 3 or 4 people actively discussing it and some of the people still haven't even posted it yet), and it feels like scum damage control. this seems like typical scum who's afraid of automatically losing
In post 115, Paschendale wrote:Pie's tone worries me, too. Looks like a lot more assurance than is really warranted.
what does this mean?
In post 115, Paschendale wrote:Brian seems towny. Plum seems extremely non-committal. I do not find that trustworthy.

I'm not really sure what to make of all this "weak" discussion. It might be legit, but it also might be a lot of rolefishing.
so you accuse Plum for being non-committal and then you epically fail at committing to a stance on the "weak" discussion. your logic is contradictory as fuck

also makes sense how you don't want to take a stance on smth that might result in an auto-loss for you :>
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:11 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

That seems like a really odd safeclaim. Most safeclaims I've seen were something akin to "Character, Vanilla Town" or maybe "Character, Town Vigilante" for an SK with odds stacked against them. Miller as a fakeclaim seems harsh.

PEDIT: You're losing me here, Kagami.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:14 pm

Post by Kagami »

I don't think he's fakeclaiming. I was just pointing out that with scum getting fakeclaims, it's no longer completely impossible that he's scum, as was my initial proposal.

124 feels like indignation that scum information (that they have fakeclaims) has been leaked by the mod.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:15 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 123, Kagami wrote:
In post 119, pitoli wrote:
Just a friendly reminder: Character flavor does not determine alignment, and the game is not breakable by flavor. Additionally, scum factions have been equipped with safe fakeclaims. Thanks!
ugh

K, I still think bert is town, but my assumptions were false. No conftowns
^ this
even if there's no conftowns Bert is town as fuck
Kagami wrote:I don't think he's fakeclaiming. I was just pointing out that with scum getting fakeclaims, it's no longer completely impossible that he's scum, as was my initial proposal.

124 feels like indignation that scum information (that they have fakeclaims) has been leaked by the mod.
get out of my head. I get the feeling that Kaze is feeling apprehensive about this whole "weak" discussion bc he's scum and doesn't want to auto-lose
vote: Kaze
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:16 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

In post 128, pieguyn wrote: if you're town I'd expect you would take more of an interest in smth like this. the fact you wouldn't be more interested in this feels skeevy as fuck. I don't buy that you think there might not be a 3rd (there were 2 claims with only like 3 or 4 people actively discussing it and some of the people still haven't even posted it yet), and it feels like scum damage control. this seems like typical scum who's afraid of automatically losing
No. Town or scum I'd be rather upset if there was some aspect of the setup that would break the game. I came here to play Mafia and have fun. Breaking games is not fun.
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:17 pm

Post by Bert »

Yeah, the mod note came at an awfully peculiar time. I understand the intention though, but not all mods give safeclaims in all games - that's more vital info for everyone that was just given out

:D
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:17 pm

Post by Plum »

In post 129, Kazekirimaru wrote:That seems like a really odd safeclaim. Most safeclaims I've seen were something akin to "Character, Vanilla Town" or maybe "Character, Town Vigilante" for an SK with odds stacked against them. Miller as a fakeclaim seems harsh.

PEDIT: You're losing me here, Kagami.
Kaze, can we freaking stop trying to outguess the setup?

Please.

Pie, you're a good person here.
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:21 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

In post 134, Plum wrote: Kaze, can we freaking stop trying to outguess the setup?

Please.

Pie, you're a good person here.
There's value in all discussion.

Explain your third line in this post to me.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:22 pm

Post by Kagami »

In post 132, Kazekirimaru wrote:...
Breaking games is not fun.
Breaking games is
~verrrry~
fun.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:23 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 134, Plum wrote:Pie, you're a good person here.
?

regardless, I feel warm and fuzzy :oops:
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:25 pm

Post by Plum »

I'm reading Pie Town, and his posting here is relevant, productive, and not harping on setup spec.

There's value in all
information
. Much as I enjoy delving into things to better understand them, there is not value in all discussion.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:28 pm

Post by Plum »

Also: I agree with almost all his suspicions and lines of inquiry.
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:29 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

Discussion of all things begets information. Talking at all in Mafia is, to me at least, attempting to get into the mindset of other players and see where they're coming from. A conversation about soft pretzels v. hard pretzels yields at least some information relevant to the game because it sheds light on how others' think.

But whatever. Soft pretzels are better and I do what I want.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:29 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 132, Kazekirimaru wrote:No. Town or scum I'd be rather upset if there was some aspect of the setup that would break the game. I came here to play Mafia and have fun. Breaking games is not fun.
so your apprehension about breaking the game was just bc you don't like breaking games?

if so, what happened to your skepticism about it being "too unlikely to be true" and not thinking there's a 3rd weak player? as far as I could tell that's why you didn't want to continue with this path. I'd like an answer for this plz

you also don't seem to have a problem with "confirming" two townies here
In post 109, Kazekirimaru wrote:Would you like to confirm this, Bert? If this is all true, I'll be on my merry way with two confirmed townies today.
which is kind of off from someone who apparently doesn't like breaking games. what's going on 0.0
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:31 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

It's crummy, but I shan't look a gift horse in the mouth. It's not like I can say "SHUT UP SHUT UP LALALALA IM NOT LISTENING TO THIS DISCUSSION ABOUT WEAK HUMANS LALALA"
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:33 pm

Post by pieguyn »

I love how I said I wanted an answer for the first point and you didn't give one
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:36 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

I kinda thought I addressed the point. My skepticism obviously just kinda disappeared after Bert showed up.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:57 pm

Post by Paschendale »

In post 121, Kazekirimaru wrote:
In post 115, Paschendale wrote: I'm not really sure what to make of all this "weak" discussion. It might be legit, but it also might be a lot of rolefishing.
I don't see how you cannot have an opinion on the discussion considering all that has transpired.
I'm leaning towards rolefishing. I was sure it was just rolefishing until we got to page 5. Then, less sure. Still leaning towards rolefishing. I don't like that.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:58 pm

Post by Plum »

Why shouldn't we lynch you today, Paschendale?

Whom do you fault for rolefishing here, if that's your evaluation of the 'Weak' modifier discussion?
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:12 pm

Post by Paschendale »

Kagami was actively looking to get other players to claim. Lack of a weak signifier means PR abilities. Kagami not only sought to get people to claim having abilities, but also asserted that only town could have it. She pretended that it was the usual weak like a weak doctor, despite apparently knowing that it is not. She pushed for more discussion and claims over it. Everyone who replied "what do you mean, weak miller?" outed themselves as a PR. But they would not have if she hadn't revealed what it actually meant. I think it is far more likely that she or part of the scum team is a goon and has the weak modifier, hence how they know what it means. They're the only ones who get to see multiple PMs.

It looked like simple rolefishing until page 5, where she was just asking more weak people to claim, back when everyone thought that weak was the town-signifying modifier that it usually is. Then she revealed what it really means, and I (foolishly) hesitated. But after a little more thought, it looks like a deliberate attempt to get people to reveal that they are not weak before they understood the significance.

The explanation of what the modifier really meant gave me pause, but now I feel much more certain.

VOTE: Kagami

Are you her partner, Plum?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:17 pm

Post by Plum »

I don't buy your stance here. At all.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:39 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

@ Pasch, you haven't explained any of your initial scumreads now jumping onto Kagami. What changed? What you claimed was scummy about Kagami was something she posted much before your initial catch-up posts.

What about Plum did you find scummy?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”