Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:18 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 124, Human Sequencer wrote:Crusader gives the holy water provisional item, which nullifies the urn.

lmao @pine
Ah, forgot that. Last time I played was right when they added the Houndmaster. Been holding off until I could get the full game + DLC, probably gonna do so for PS4.
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:20 am

Post by Human Sequencer »

I'm running through again when dlc drops as well, can't wait for radiant mode.
nah
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:25 am

Post by Varsoon »

Spoiler: Talking about the game, Darkest Dungeon, and not this Mafia game:
I found that, with early builds of the game, it felt very very wide but not deep. There were a lot of different classes and options, but that's about as far as it got. Encounters weren't varied enough and I felt that I couldn't play with team compositions too much given the way the mechanics were handled. I also felt that I kind of had to cheese certain mechanics for advantages on stress/healing since getting stress removed/healing done out of combat was hard to come by. It felt like the game was tripping over itself to apply a sense of difficulty solely via annoying restrictions like minimal out-of-combat healing, level caps for dungeons, really high grind for upgrades in town, etc. I know the amount of heirlooms needed had changed at least once while I was playing (along with corpses dropping rather than disappearing) so I crossed my fingers that the final game + DLC would have a bit more depth of content while being a little less restrictive.

Regardless, wouldn't the Crusader have some indication on their role card that they have Holy Water. It would be kind of awkward to hope they just divine the flavor scenario otherwise.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:35 am

Post by Andrius »

"Excavations beneath the manor were well underway, when a particularly ragged indigent arrived in the hamlet. This filthy, toothless miscreant boasted an uncanny knowledge of my ambitions and prognosticated publicly that, left unchecked, I would soon unleash doom upon the world." - The Ancestor

Votecount

Wraith [5] - Clumsy, Prism, Arwen and Aragorn, Alisae, SirCakez
Arwen and Aragorn [2] - xRECKONERx, Varsoon
xRECKONERx [1] - Pine
Varsoon [1] - Vifam
Lycanfire [1] - Wraith

Not Voting [3] - SlySly, Human Sequencer, Lycanfire

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.
Day One will end at 14:00 PST on Jan-10-2017.

Curiocount

Varsoon [5] - Varsoon, Clumsy, SirCakez, Arwen and Aragorn, Alisae
Vifam [4] - Vifam, Wraith, Prism, xRECKONERx
Alisae [1] - SlySly

Not Voting [3] - Everyone Else

With 13 alive it takes 7 to Investigate.

In post 122, Varsoon wrote:@MOD: Are the effects of an Investigation made public?
Can you give us an idea of how the format of an Investigation will resolve/be handled when it does happen?
Partially.
So as an example, let us suppose that Magua interacts with a
Beast Carcass
Curio.

There would be flavor in-thread for what happens (Magua tastes some of the meat and gets sick!/Magua finds nothing of value/Magua finds valuables!), but any special effect received from the find would be PM'd to Magua privately. So he might taste the meat and get sick, so I would PM him what that entails. If he found an item or a beneficial buff, I would PM him with the results of that privately.

If interacting with a Curio brings a
party-wide
boon/ill, such as messing with this:

Image, then the full effect would be stated in-thread.
Last edited by Andrius on Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Arwen and Aragorn
Arwen and Aragorn
Goon
Arwen and Aragorn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:44 am

Post by Arwen and Aragorn »

@Varsoon

- I though your vote on us was RVS - if not what about it was sirious that you felt my wagon was countered when wraith hit L1
- what do you think about Wraith?
- what do you think about the votes on wraith case by case?

#Arwen
From the ashes, a fire shall be woken. A light from the shadow shall spring. Renewed shall be blade that was broken. The crownless again shall be king.

Hydra of Frozen Angel and Keyser Söze
Arwen and Aragorn
Arwen and Aragorn
Goon
Arwen and Aragorn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:46 am

And what about people who are against you getting the urn makes wraith wagon bad?

That literally makes no sense

#Arwen
From the ashes, a fire shall be woken. A light from the shadow shall spring. Renewed shall be blade that was broken. The crownless again shall be king.

Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:47 am

I'm actually fine with Varsoon taking the curio if we can't get a sader to do it. He looks like he knows what he's doing.
nah
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:50 am

Post by Wraith »

Curio: Varsoon
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Arwen and Aragorn
Arwen and Aragorn
Goon
Arwen and Aragorn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:51 am

curio : No one

I want you to answer me first

#Arwen

Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:51 am

Wraith, can you supply a read on me?
nah
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:54 am

Post by Wraith »

In post 133, Arwen and Aragorn wrote:
curio : No one

I want you to answer me first

#Arwen
I gave you an answer. I don't why you're so hung up on a throw-away comment from the opening sections of the game.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:55 am

Post by Wraith »

In post 134, Human Sequencer wrote:Wraith, can you supply a read on me?
I don't really have one yet.
Show

Arwen and Aragorn
Arwen and Aragorn
Goon
Arwen and Aragorn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:55 am

You didn't give me anything

I said what about that post was a joke and I'm waiting for an explanation.

#Arwen

Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:56 am

Why do you want Wraith to explain this moot point from pages ago when he's obvtown?

Arwen is FA, right?
nah
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:58 am

Post by Wraith »

In post 137, Arwen and Aragorn wrote:You didn't give me anything

#Arwen
Jesus Fucking Cthulhu

Cakez suggested Vifam's opening was super townie. Vifam had up to that point made only three posts. So I suggested the dumbest possible reason for townreading Vifam as a joke.
Show

Arwen and Aragorn
Arwen and Aragorn
Goon
Arwen and Aragorn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:58 am

This is the very beginning of post - opening section of this game where I'm using the things that happened in the opening section of the game to pressure people - make conversations and gather reads.

Why is Wraith obvtown HS? And why shouldn't I ask questions about page 1?

#Arwen

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:58 am

Post by Varsoon »

I voted for you to push your wagon to 3 votes, which I hoped would make you engage with the game a bit more beyond roleplayish posts and, maybe, even break us out of RVS.
I didn't really like your logic for pushing on Wraith: I don't see what's scummy about self-preservation via pushing the Curio to someone who's asking for it as well as asking about if voting me is a towntell. I kept my vote there if only because your vote 59 felt like a push away from getting the Curio handled ASAP. Yeah, Wraith's early content was weak, but you had more than enough times to abandon ship, especially if you were just putting pressure there for weak content--why hadn't your vote swapped to Alisae for the post you were critical of?

Also, I just haven't really caught anything else that appeals to me for a vote.

As far as the Wraith wagon goes now:
Clumsy's vote and sticking with the wagon feels meandering.
Prism's vote there falls more into my criticism of you--their minimal content so far and resistance to the curio voting bothers me.
Alisae's 'pressure' vote falls short for me--what is Alisae looking to pressure out of Wraith, even? I don't get it. Seems more in line with 'meh, I'll sheep this' going-with-the-flow that happened when Alisae curio voted me.
SirCakez admitted he thinks I'm trying to make fake appeals for towniness while jumping on the later end of a fast growing wagon, but with little reason why that wagon was appealing. Feels like he wants me to get the Curio because I might not be town but then he goes and votes someone else, running contrary to letting us have an informed day with the investigation early and lynch later.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:58 am

Post by Varsoon »

VOTE: Prism
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:00 am

Post by Varsoon »

For the record, I like where you are now on engagement, A&A. I found your early stuff (between the roleplay and 'what joke'?) to be meandering.
Arwen and Aragorn
Arwen and Aragorn
Goon
Arwen and Aragorn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:01 am

In post 139, Wraith wrote:
In post 137, Arwen and Aragorn wrote:You didn't give me anything

#Arwen
Jesus Fucking Cthulhu

Cakez suggested Vifam's opening was super townie. Vifam had up to that point made only three posts. So I suggested the dumbest possible reason for townreading Vifam as a joke.
So you beleive vifam opening was not towny? or you just beleive SC couldn;t feel they were towny cuase there was nothing towny there?

#Arwen

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:03 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 128, Andrius wrote: If interacting with a Curio brings a
party-wide
boon/ill, such as messing with this:
, then the full effect would be stated in-thread.
@MOD: Who counts as a member of the 'party'?
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:05 am

Post by Andrius »

In post 145, Varsoon wrote:@MOD: Who counts as a member of the 'party'?
All Living Players are considered members of the party.

"We are The Flame", they cry, "And Darkness fears us!"
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:06 am

Post by Varsoon »

Alright, cool. Just making sure I hadn't missed some mechanic where it was, like, people voting for the Curio Investigator or something.
Arwen and Aragorn
Arwen and Aragorn
Goon
Arwen and Aragorn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:11 am

In post 141, Varsoon wrote:I didn't really like your logic for pushing on Wraith: I don't see what's scummy about self-preservation via pushing the Curio to someone who's asking for it as well as asking about if voting me is a towntell. I kept my vote there if only because your vote 59 felt like a push away from getting the Curio handled ASAP. Yeah, Wraith's early content was weak, but you had more than enough times to abandon ship, especially if you were just putting pressure there for weak content--why hadn't your vote swapped to Alisae for the post you were critical of?
In 59 I said I don't give a fuck about curibo and I think we must focus on real scum hunting - as we can do both at the same time. It seems it has random effects so a null - slight towny will suffice. I really don't like the way in the past 6 pages there are no other scum hunting and everyone are just talking about curio when for choosing curio you have to make reads. That was what I was trying to say there.

I wont abandon a ship like that. Why should I unvote wraith before engaging with them?

#Arwen

Arwen and Aragorn
Arwen and Aragorn
Goon
Arwen and Aragorn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:16 am

In post 141, Varsoon wrote:Clumsy's vote and sticking with the wagon feels meandering.
Prism's vote there falls more into my criticism of you--their minimal content so far and resistance to the curio voting bothers me.
Alisae's 'pressure' vote falls short for me--what is Alisae looking to pressure out of Wraith, even? I don't get it. Seems more in line with 'meh, I'll sheep this' going-with-the-flow that happened when Alisae curio voted me.
SirCakez admitted he thinks I'm trying to make fake appeals for towniness while jumping on the later end of a fast growing wagon, but with little reason why that wagon was appealing. Feels like he wants me to get the Curio because I might not be town but then he goes and votes someone else, running contrary to letting us have an informed day with the investigation early and lynch later.
So your saying you don't understand why this wagon was formed. why didn't you ask that from the voters?

and again : why their and mine stances on curibo - makes our vote on wraith scummy again?

#Arwen

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”