The final vote count
Flying Dutchman
Fuldu, mathcam, Boomer Sooner
Boomer Sooner
Fletcher, Flying Dutchman, PBuG
Fletcher
Werebear
Not voting: Medicated Lain

The debate is fast and furious between Fletcher and Werebear, one accusing the other, as the rest of you try to make sense of the heinous murders. Finally, Werebear's attacks start to sound true, and you circle around Fletcher. Fletcher, preparing himself for the worse, answers his accusers.

"I'll admit it. I'm Stinky Pete, I had the beans this morning, I'm sorry, I knew what the consequeces would be..."

"I wasn't going to raise the issue of the smell," Werebear says.

"Actually, maybe we should raise that issue. That is rotten, man," Fuldu says.

"Yeah, I'm getting kind of light-headed," PBug says. "Can we go somewhere else, at least some place a little bigger than this island?"

"I've got just the place!" mathcam says, and a hop, skip, and a jump later, you find yourselves in Sydney Harbor... where it's almost 4am. Already tired, you only have time for a few more accusations before sleep over takes everyone. Y'all soon head to your respective homes, no lynch for the day.

Nobody dies! Night 3 starts now, and ends by 5PM, Tuesday EST.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:28 am

Post by JereIC »

Shadyforce replaces Medicated Lain.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:45 am

Post by JereIC »

Andy's room is as good a place as any to meet again, although the mostly bare shelves are an indicator of just how far the virus's destruction has come. Roll is called, and again two go missing; Boomer Sooner and Werebear. Everyone picks up their things and heads out for the truth.

Boomer seemed to stick close to Ant Island, so the group searches until they find the Boomer's abode, the animal cracker box, and one time travelling Flea Circus. There appears to be no trace of the previous occupant however, and it takes you some time to realize Boomer Sooner must have been Dim
from A Bug's Life, and he was a transporter. Each night, he could make another player target anybody he selected besides himself, in addition to whoever they chose to target that night. This didn't work for all roles, however.

Back at Monsters Inc, you scour the boiler room for any sign of Werebear. At first it appears that he has been deleted the same way Boomer, until you stumble across one very well camouflaged and very well hacked bit of Werebear. Werebear was Randall
from Monsters Inc. He was a stalker; each night he could follow another player and see everyone they target or were targeted by, but could not distinguish which way the targetting went.

Boomer Sooner, Dim (transporter) has been deleted!
Werebear, Randall (stalker) has been hacked to bits!
There are 6 left alive, and it'll take 4 to lynch! Let's get it on!
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:04 am

Post by TBuG »

If Fletcher killed Werebear, that was NOT smart. I bet Werebear targeted Fletcher and got the message and just didn't give as much info so that his role wouldn't make him a target.

Vote: Fletcher
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:06 am

Post by mathcam »

Cool roles so far, and definitely some questionable ones as to whos good or not. This'll make future role claims pretty interesting. (Wait...Randall was pro-town, right? If not, I guess he was the Sk and killed Boomer, and someone else killed him? But that can't be right....WB's
never
an SK.)

Cam
Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:36 am

Post by Fletcher »

PBuG wrote:If Fletcher killed Werebear, that was NOT smart.
Well, duh! That's why, even if I could kill, I didn't! This just seems like PBuG is trying to push this whole thing on me, when it could just as likely have been him that killed Werebear.
Vote:PBuG
[size=75]"But you know what they say. 'Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. But too much of an awesome thing is... umm... really, really dumb and bad.'"- Strong Bad[/size]
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:49 pm

Post by JereIC »

Randall was indeed pro-town.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:23 am

Post by mathcam »

Though I can't help but feel I might be sticking up for a serial killer, I think I have to agree with Fletcher. With the quickness that PBuG jumped out of the gate with that theory, it sure
feels
like PBuG's a killer who knew he could set up Fletcher by offing WB at night.

I don't suppose anyone
else
got a message tonight?

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:28 am

Post by mathcam »

Wow, there's only 6 of us left. This game has gone quickly. I'm guessing there's one mafia and one SK left, so with 2 out of 6 evil, we've got to get pretty lucky to win if we don't lynch right today. And no lynch is not at all an option...we'd be left with 4 people tomorrow, probably 2 of them evil, essentially an automatic loss. So let's be careful.

Cam
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:59 am

Post by shadyforce »

This looks like a cool game. I wish I was in from the start.

Anyway, I've read the thread, but I'm going to read it a few more times and post my opinions.
[size=75][color=darkblue]I'm never wrong... well I was wrong once but that was when I thought I'd made a mistake but hadn't.[/color][/size]
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:42 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

The Daylight scene wrote:He was a stalker; each night he could follow another player and see everyone they target or were targeted by, but could not distinguish which way the targetting went.
Mathcam wrote:(Wait...Randall was pro-town, right? If not, I guess he was the Sk and killed Boomer, and someone else killed him? But that can't be right....WB's never an SK.)
How can you miss this!?

I don't like the PBuG jump
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:42 am

at all, so

Vote: PBug
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:08 am

Post by shadyforce »

JereIC wrote:
Current Status:
Day has begun with the unfortunate end of Werebear (Randall, a stalker), and Boomer Sooner (Dim, a transporter). Also, everyone give a warm welcome to Shadyforce!
I'm still waiting for my warm welcome :).

Anyway, a few brief opinions from reading the thread:

-I agree with the belief that Pixar characters (good or bad) are town (or serial killer), and non-pixar characters are evil.

-I believe the virii are mafia and 'hacker' is the SK, but I'd also like to point out the rather amusing point that hacker can mean both someoen who physically hacks things into pieces, but also one who is skilled at computers and has the ability to access, corrupt and delete files.

-I think some people are dismissing the possibility of 2 mafia and an SK left, far too easily.

-PBuG's assertion that FD was likely to kill Werebear is imo irrelevant. It's not the fact that werebear was kiled that incriminates FD, It's the fact that he has the role to prove his note's information was accurate(ish).

-I think Mathcam is scum.
[size=75][color=darkblue]I'm never wrong... well I was wrong once but that was when I thought I'd made a mistake but hadn't.[/color][/size]
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:17 am

Post by mathcam »

a) I agree that Pixar=pro-town, not Pixar-anti-town.

b)
I think Mathcam is scum.
Ummm...okay. No warm welcome for you, though. :mad:

c)
How can you miss this!?
Miss what?

Cam
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:28 pm

Post by Fuldu »

shadyforce wrote:PBuG's assertion that FD was likely to kill Werebear is imo irrelevant. It's not the fact that werebear was kiled that incriminates FD, It's the fact that he has the role to prove his note's information was accurate(ish).
You mean Fletcher, not FD, right? Because, at the very least, Werebear's role is still consistent with Fletcher's claim.

I didn't like PBuG's jump to vote so quickly, but I'm not unhappy enough about it to vote him at this point.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:18 am

Post by shadyforce »

Sorry, yeah, that's who I meant. My mistake.

Ahem.

PBuG's assertion that Fletcher was likely to kill Werebear is imo irrelevant. It's not the fact that werebear was killed that incriminates Fletcher, It's the fact that he has the role to prove his note's information was accurate(ish).

And I'm not sure if it is consistent with Fletcher's claim. Fletcher's claimed power swaps guilty/innocent investigations, but Werebear was
not
a guilty/innocent investigator. He found out who, if anyone, they targeted that night. This obviously won't be a sign of innocence/guilt on their own so I fail to see how hiding in a box will be seen as travelling to someone else's house.

If we impliment the lying=anti-town theorem, it is clear that either Werebear's investigation gave him that much information, OR he did indeed get that note seperate to his investigation. So it is the fact that Werebear's suspicion is not, in my opinion, sufficiently explained by Fletcher's claim, and the follow on conclusion that Fletcher must be lying about his claim, that leads me to believe it is one of these 2 possibilities:

1. Werebear didn't investigate Fletcher but did get a note, and the note's information was inaccurate, thus Fletcher is no more suspicious than he would be without this note.

2. Werebear (either by investigation, or by note) has caught Fletcher in a lie about his claim, leading me to believe he is scum.

I am leaning towards option #1, mainly because the role although very convenient, seems plausible, and that if he is lying, he'll slip up somewhere along the line.

@FD: Yeah, what is it we've missed?
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:26 am

In the scene there was explained quite clearly what the role of Randall did, and Mathcam began wondering if he could've been the serial killer!
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:51 am

Post by shadyforce »

JereIC wrote:
Randall was indeed pro-town.
Yeah, I thought it was obvious as well, but I suppose the mods clarification (above) was after he first posted his theory.

Also, I think it unusual how he thinks iot so likely that there are only 2 evil people left as opposed to 3. I think there is every likelihood of 3 mafia and an SK at the start, especially given the abundance of pro-town roles we are seeing.

Cam: could you explain why you find it so unlikely?
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:09 am

Post by mathcam »

When did I claim I thought it was so unlikely?

And I guess it was clear to everyone else, but the word "stalker" is one of those alarm-setting-off kind of things. Stalkers are typically not good people, and Randall was certainly not a good guy in the movie. I think further clarification was not totally unreasonable.

Cam
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:14 am

Post by shadyforce »

In post 133, mathcam wrote:I'm guessing there's one mafia and one SK left, so with 2 out of 6 evil, we've got to get pretty lucky to win if we don't lynch right today. And no lynch is not at all an option...we'd be left with 4 people tomorrow, probably 2 of them evil...
Seems pretty clear to me.

Anyway, regarding the stalker thing, well I guess it has a kind of scummy ring to it, but at the same time, it did explicitly say what his power was. Still, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:22 am

Post by mathcam »

Yeah, like it would be to my advantage to be confused about something, or even to pretend to be confused about something.

And there's a fairly large distinction between "I'm guessing there's 2 evil left" and "I think it's very unlikely that there's 3 evil left."

With 6 of us left, we sure have to
hope
there's only 2 evil. Since that's possibly the only scenario we can win, we might as well assume that's true and play for whatever winning chances we have left.

Cam
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:27 am

Post by shadyforce »

From your posts, it's almost as if you want the town to believe there are only 2 evil. It's entirely possible you just intended to express your opinion of there being 2 evil, but it's also possible, you subtly decided to try and get the town to believe there are 2 evil. That is what makes my slightly suspicious of you.

And since, there are (almost certainly) killers on different sides, there is every possibility that they could kill each other, so I don't think the town's chances are as awful as you make them out to be, even with 3 killers.
Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:30 am

Post by Fletcher »

I don't necesarrily think either of you are more right than the other, but I think we should definetly assume for the worst.

I just noticed one more thing.
JereIC wrote:indentureddjinn, Hopper, replacement: FILE NOT FOUND
JereIC wrote:Werebear, Randall, stalker, hacked to bits
There is no way I could have killed both of these people anyway, seeing that they were both killed in different ways, so it doesn't make sense to blame me for both Werebear
and
ID's death.
[size=75]"But you know what they say. 'Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. But too much of an awesome thing is... umm... really, really dumb and bad.'"- Strong Bad[/size]
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:32 am

Post by shadyforce »

Who blamed you for the 2 deaths?
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:36 am

Post by mathcam »

Unless you think that I, as mafia, would be gaining some advantage by convincing the town that there's only two mafia, I'm not sure why you think this belief of mine is suspicious. I'm already the one who's telling us to be careful with our lynches. If there's three scum left, we're pretty screwed. Yes, of course the mafia could kill another evil. But even if one of those happens, we wake up tomorrow with 2 scum and 2 townies...yet another horrible situation.

All in all, this is somewhat irrelevant...it's not like I'm claiming we should give up all hope and forfeit the game right here. But if there were any decision I had to make that would go one way if there were 2 scum left and the other way if there were 3 scum left, then I'd make the first choice, because we have to hope that this is the case if we're to have any decent shot at winning.

Cam

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”