populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:31 am

Post by populartajo »

Im voting Malthusis, plz read better.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
TehVariable
TehVariable
Goon
TehVariable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:34 am

Post by TehVariable »

Tar wrote:
8) hasdgfas (rep. DragonsofSummer) (0) - Kinetic, populartajo
10) TehVariable (2)
tajo wrote: Im voting Malthusis, plz read better.
REALLY now?

Regardless, no explanation is scummy then. Two no explanations on the same target is culty.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:35 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

TehVariable wrote:Hi. People voting me. Did you miss the part where I'm ESSENTIALLY CONFIRMED? I can't be two alignments unless I was cult recruited. And if I was cult recruited, shouldn't you be looking for the leader? I doubt I'm running the Cult of Tweedle Dum here. Please recall past events when you make future votes.
I do see the benefit of going after the leader instead of the standard cultist, but that is not enough of a defense if you are a cultist.

Un-FoS
if necessary
FoS: TehVariable

TehVariable wrote:
SC wrote: Unvote: Rule 0

Let's find Chairman Mao.
Why? Are you just ignoring what just happened here?
No; I'm taking into account what just happened here.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
TehVariable
TehVariable
Goon
TehVariable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:36 am

Post by TehVariable »

SC wrote:
I do see the benefit of going after the leader instead of the standard cultist, but that is not enough of a defense if you are a cultist.

Un-FoS if necessary
But I'm not, y'see. And there's no real justification for thinking I am. Unless you want to use the voting rule 0 justification which...hehehe, you did too. I could support your lynch just for that last.
SC wrote:
You obviously didn't comment on it.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:42 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

TehVariable wrote:
SC wrote:

Un-FoS if necessary
But I'm not, y'see. And there's no real justification for thinking I am. Unless you want to use the voting rule 0 justification which...hehehe, you did too. I could support your lynch just for that last.
No, I want to use the "deflecting suspicion elsewhere" justification.
TehVariable wrote:
SC wrote:
You obviously didn't comment on it.
All right, then, I'll bite. I'm less familiar with Mind Screw games than you are, and the concern that the cult win condition could conceivably be lynching Rule 0 was enough to make me reconsider. I thought that, by saying "Let's find Chairman Mao", I was implying that that was the better option in my opinion.

populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:43 am

Post by populartajo »

TehVariable wrote:
Tar wrote:
8) hasdgfas (rep. DragonsofSummer) (0) - Kinetic, populartajo
10) TehVariable (2)
tajo wrote: Im voting Malthusis, plz read better.
REALLY now?

Regardless, no explanation is scummy then. Two no explanations on the same target is culty.
Shit you are right. For some stupid reason I thought I was voting mal. Apologies.
Unvote.

Vote : Kinetic
Call me Tajo.
TehVariable
TehVariable
Goon
TehVariable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:47 am

Post by TehVariable »

SC wrote:
All right, then, I'll bite. I'm less familiar with Mind Screw games than you are, and the concern that the cult win condition could conceivably be lynching Rule 0 was enough to make me reconsider. I thought that, by saying "Let's find Chairman Mao", I was implying that that was the better option in my opinion.
Oh, you just missed the point. I meant the two votes that magically appeared on me without any justification. No one commented on those, when usually unjustified votes catch you hell.
SC wrote:
No, I want to use the "deflecting suspicion elsewhere" justification.
Cept I wasn't deflecting. I was pointing something out that should have been pointed out way before my post. If you mean deflecting to a cult leader, well, I'm not targetting a known target, so it'd be a pretty pathetic deflection, if needed.
TehVariable
TehVariable
Goon
TehVariable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:47 am

Post by TehVariable »

poptajo wrote:
Shit you are right. For some stupid reason I thought I was voting mal. Apologies. Unvote.
Vote : Kinetic
I still missed the explanation, whether I believe your intent or not. I also want one from Kinetic.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:53 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

TehVariable wrote:Oh, you just missed the point. I meant the two votes that magically appeared on me without any justification. No one commented on those, when usually unjustified votes catch you hell.
My unvoting Rule 0 has nothing to do with the two unreasoned votes on you; in fact, I missed both of them.
SC wrote:If you mean deflecting to a cult leader, well, I'm not targetting a known target, so it'd be a pretty pathetic deflection, if needed.
That's what I meant—deflecting to whoever the cult leader is. I don't think it's voteworthy at this time, which is why I didn't vote you outright, but it is noted.

TehVariable
TehVariable
Goon
TehVariable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:57 am

Post by TehVariable »

SC wrote:
My unvoting Rule 0 has nothing to do with the two unreasoned votes on you; in fact, I missed both of them.

SC, are you intentionally missing the point or are you just stupid today?

Two unreasoned votes on someone. One after the other. One supposedly was a mistarget. It was still unreasoned. Since WHEN are unreasoned votes ignored!? They are scummy! If you don't have a case, why are you voting? If you do have a case, can you enlighten us?

It's fair that you missed them, but everyone else in the game too?
SC wrote:
That's what I meant—deflecting to whoever the cult leader is. I don't think it's voteworthy at this time, which is why I didn't vote you outright, but it is noted.
It wasn't deflection.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:57 am

Post by populartajo »

Explanation for a mal vote or for a TV vote that I already said it was a mistake?
I dont have reads on many people pretty much for my lazy status of not rereading the game. Xyl analized DGB and I think I like it so far. The problem is that DGB is not the best example of a continuos reasoning.
I reread only by Malt posts and I looked lurking behaviour, non contributal posts and his prod Sereaphim when he wasnt precisely the best player regarding activeness. The only thing that makes me wonder about him is that usually scum dont receive additional kills, right?
Take in count also the minor fact that I need to be in the first 3 votes of the lynch wagon of a scum to activate my ultimate and become mod confirmed which means I prob should be very liberal about voting in a possible early wagon.
I would be happy with a Kin lynch also. I havent liked him all the game. Do you people agree?
Call me Tajo.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
he/him
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:59 am

Post by hasdgfas »

(4)
I can't believe I forgot to do this earlier -_-

unvote: tajo(pesco)
vote: kinetic
unvote: kinetic
vote: malthusis
unvote: malthusis
vote: TehVariable
unvote: TehVariable
vote: hp[leaves]
unvote: hp[leaves]
vote: qwints
unvote: qwints
vote: ShadowGirl
unvote: ShadowGirl
vote: Seraphim
unvote: Seraphim
vote: Pesco
unvote: Pesco
vote: Stef
unvote: Stef
vote: Cephrir
unvote: Cephrir
vote: SC
unvote: SC
vote: Electra
unvote: electra
vote: MM
unvote: MM
vote: tajo(Pesco)

People voting TV should be voting Pesco as it was her idea, and especially voting TV with no stated reason.

Tajo: Why don't you like Kinetic?
Which posts by Malthusis are you talking about that you don't like? I
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont. vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows. he's not a liberal. thus he is a cow
----
very much a liberal now
Hascow/Cow are acceptable shortened names, never "Has"
TehVariable
TehVariable
Goon
TehVariable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:03 am

Post by TehVariable »

tajo wrote: Explanation for a mal vote or for a TV vote that I already said it was a mistake?
I dont have reads on many people pretty much for my lazy status of not rereading the game. Xyl analized DGB and I think I like it so far. The problem is that DGB is not the best example of a continuos reasoning.
I reread only by Malt posts and I looked lurking behaviour, non contributal posts and his prod Sereaphim when he wasnt precisely the best player regarding activeness. The only thing that makes me wonder about him is that usually scum dont receive additional kills, right?
Take in count also the minor fact that I need to be in the first 3 votes of the lynch wagon of a scum to activate my ultimate and become mod confirmed which means I prob should be very liberal about voting in a possible early wagon.
I would be happy with a Kin lynch also. I havent liked him all the game. Do you people agree?
The malt vote. This works, but why couldn't you have said it at the time? Which is why I'm very wary of you.

cow wrote:
this

I of course support a Kinetic lynch as well.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:03 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

TehVariable wrote:SC, are you intentionally missing the point or are you just stupid today?
I don't see myself as intentionally missing the point; I'm just saying the unvote has nothing to do with what you're talking about despite the latter being a valid concern. I do need occasional wake-up calls, though.
TehVariable wrote:If you don't have a case, why are you voting?
Um, hello? I don't have a solid case on anybody, but I'm not voting anybody either.

TehVariable
TehVariable
Goon
TehVariable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:06 am

Post by TehVariable »

SC wrote:
Um, hello? I don't have a solid case on anybody, but I'm not voting anybody either.
Never said you. READ MY POSTS! That was questions relating to why not giving reasoning for a vote is scummy, as referring to the two I've called out.
SC wrote:
I don't see myself as intentionally missing the point; I'm just saying the unvote has nothing to do with what you're talking about despite the latter being a valid concern. I do need occasional wake-up calls, though.
And why are you saying the unvote had nothing to do with it? I didn't tie the two together, and I don't see why you are making out like I did.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:09 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

TehVariable wrote:And why are you saying the unvote had nothing to do with it? I didn't tie the two together, and I don't see why you are making out like I did.
I interpreted your asking if I ignored what happened as questioning the reasoning for my unvote.

Pesco47
Pesco47
Goon
Pesco47
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:11 am

Post by Pesco47 »

Let's start off with the rule lynching idea. By the looks of the vote counts, rule 0 is in the same area as Tar. The votes on them didn't wrap and by association, voting rule 0 is about as good as voting Tar right now. The experiment is done, we'll get nothing out of it, so move on.

I offered myself as lynch today to try get my ultimate to trigger. It will confirm 3 players, but opposition to that idea was voiced:
Kinetic wrote:
Pesco47 wrote:Mod's pretty dead from the first post. Now that we know there's scum to be found, do we want to bust out my ultimate and see if I've hit any of them? I doubt I'll be NK'd by anti-town any time soon, so we'll have to go by lynch or a vig.

My targets again, in order: qwints, Variable, DGB (moot), Xyl
Well, maybe, but I don't think its a good idea to go right now. I've still got some questions I want to ponder and ask some questions of other people before we get that far.
I'm not getting the sudden vote on TV that came out of nowhere either. TV will get cleared if I die, so I'd rather see her still alive as I go. SC feels kinda weird in this exchange (probably just my bias to keep TV alive).
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:54 am

Post by Kinetic »

lol.

I was just placing my vote randomly because there was little discussion. I thought TV looked a little scummy (and I must have missed where was OMGBBQConfirmed), and felt like voting him.

Probably the reason I didn't get any flack (except for the blatent overreaction from TV) is because I always have reasons for voting someone, and when I vote someone without a reason, there is usually a reason why. I certainly didn't anticipate such a nice response from TV, but I can't say I didn't laugh quite a few times.

@TehVariable

Couple of questions for you, if you don't mind:

When were you confirmed? How were you confirmed? I missed it, and I'm sure you know where it was better than I do and I'd prefer not to go digging for it.

Second, why cult? Some people have called me scum all game, now you narrow me as cult, or with cult like behaivior. May I ask why?

@Tajo

Yes, I've noticed your clear tunnel vision on me, and somewhat have dismissed it, because honestly it has little-to-no reasoning behind it. But also because truthfully I wasn't sure about my role... No I will not explain further than I am comfortable with here.

Question: You've thought me scummy all game, does this mean you believe I'm mafia? If so, what are the chances of me being cult in your eyes (assuming mafia cannot be recruited). What are the chances of me being cult assuming the opposite(assuming mafia can be recruited).

I am of the belief that perhaps mafia can't be (based on DGB's resonse to Pesco's targeting), but in Tar's last game (B5) mafia COULD be recruited by the cult.

Finally, Tajo, how would your opinion of me change if the first 3 days I didn't post at all and just entered the game today?

@SC

If I told you that lynching Mao would not be a good thing, what would you think?

@Pesco

I'm still not entirely sure about lynching you. Yesterday I wanted to lynch or check you because I still wasn't sure about your ability and faction. I thought (and still sort of do) that you could be a scum bomb of some sort)

With DGB dead, I no longer think you're a mafia bomb, but it certainly could be another type of bomb (a cult bomb, something I'm not thinking about), so I'm a little wary.

Oddly enough, the more townie I feel about you, the more I kind of want to lynch you and kind of don't. Maybe I want you to get one more target, but maybe I don't want this time of power to exist for too long... maybe the scum are thinking the same thing and perhaps once killing you is beneficial to them they will...

---

Some little things to get off my chest, and some of the things I've been bread crumbing...

First, my ultimate activated when this day began.

Second, my ultimate, is virtually useless...

I hate Tar. He's a bastard mod.

Third, my ultimate was: I get my real role PM... I shit you not.

If you guys have read what I can do with a lot of information on the set-up (see Freaktown and B5), given enough information I can break a set-up.

Ironically my role PM this game gave me NO information... When the game began it literally said "You don't know what you are. Have fun!"

It also said the conditions of my ultimate activating.

So from days 1-3 I was basically playing a survivor role, sort of. I didn't want to commit myself to anything until I knew my alignment, and I felt there were three possibilities.

One, I was a scum fo some sort (Delayed Activating Mafia?), Two, I was a very powerful townie that needed some time to 'power-up' (Maybe an ability or two that were game-breaking early but not so much late game), or three, I was a vanilla townie and Tar was just messing with me.

Well... I am town... The rest, well, yea, I can't explain that right now. But I thought this information would give some insight to people who thoguht I was playing differently than normal. I was. But I also want them to realize I was playing differently than I do when I am scum too.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:24 am

Post by populartajo »

Kin, if you are telling the truth, then that pretty much explains your behaviour the previous days. However, I dont know if you are telling it.
I was scum in B5 and trust me, this guy is good. Thats why I havent liked him all the game. He doesnt feel the same here.
With that backup, Im pretty sure cult would see you as a juicy target, dont you agree?
Also, I dont think scum can be recruited. DGB pointing this out as a way to suspect me pretty much says that scum cant be recruited. Unless she was the only one in the team that could be unrecruitable which I find odd.
So Im thinking that at this point you are either cult or scum. Depending of the quality of your following posts, I could or could not change my mind. There is a lot of information already and you are better at this than I am, so proceed.
Call me Tajo.
TehVariable
TehVariable
Goon
TehVariable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:24 am

Post by TehVariable »

Kinetic wrote:

When were you confirmed? How were you confirmed? I missed it, and I'm sure you know where it was better than I do and I'd prefer not to go digging for it.
The fact that I'm forbiddanlight. And it's been transparently obvious, according to dahill. I doubt I have two different alignments. I'm Tweedle Dum, the other half of the Townie Hive Mind. I basically was a mason with myself, lol.
Kinetic wrote:
Second, why cult? Some people have called me scum all game, now you narrow me as cult, or with cult like behaivior. May I ask why?
Relating to the magical unexplained wagon that appeared on me. I assumed it was a cult movement.
Kinetic wrote:
If I told you that lynching Mao would not be a good thing, what would you think?
Not to answer for SC, but I'd say you are Mao. Or maybe you are the FMP Mao. That would be hilarious.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:32 am

Post by populartajo »

TehVariable wrote: The malt vote. This works, but why couldn't you have said it at the time? Which is why I'm very wary of you.

cow wrote:
this

I of course support a Kinetic lynch as well.
Im at work right now so quoting things would be a little hard. I can do it for weekend but in the meanwhile you are free to look at his "show only his posts" and tell me if they feel committed.
Call me Tajo.
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:42 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

Kinetic what was the condition for your ultimate?
We must embrace the pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:17 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Kinetic wrote:
@SC

On its own, nothing different. I would need to see a believable reason first.

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:25 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

I'd like to say I don't believe Kinetic's claim, but I used the same (or a similar) mechanic in a game I modded. I guess great minds
squashed banana

I think lynching Mao would be a good thing, but there might be a more compelling reason not to lynch.

Second hp[leaves]'s question: Kinetic, what was the condition for your ultimate?
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:58 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Kinetic wrote:If you guys have read what I can do with a lot of information on the set-up (see Freaktown and B5), given enough information I can break a set-up.
Are you suggesting a mass claim?
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”