Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12725 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:02 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 12723, Sando wrote:
In post 12719, Drixx wrote:@Sando - Great job obvtowning at the right time. I felt like I was taking a huge risk with the team selection but I also thought that if it worked and got us through the night, it should also leave enough info for the win. What in particular made you trust the worst in the end?
Couple of things:

Nos died to Math, I'd have died if the worst was scum imo
Duckling wouldn't open D8 with a gambit like that, I held off cause it's the type of gambit I'd pull, but it's not him
Nos SRd Creature
Last time I offered the scum the game on the penultimate day they declined and I just gave it to them the next day, so I was mostly trying to talk myself down from "but I handed Creature the game yesterday and he didn't take it"
The worst had maintained his pro-town play since end of D3, and a few re-reads was convincing me that he was just hung up on me specifically
Also pretty much everyone conftown had told me I was wrong on duckling, gotta get over my some ego eventually :P
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #12726 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:04 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 12714, Sando wrote:
In post 12712, Nosferatu wrote:thank god sando and tw pulled out of their tunnels

bless up for aussie camaraderie
Ok second favourite part was going to bed last night knowing I was gonna vote Creature after that "ima vote in the morning" post and that duckling would be sweating it :lol: :lol:
asdfghjkl;'
not cool man not cool :lol:
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12727 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:04 pm

Post by Sando »

Sweet jesus the dead thread itself is 84 pages long!
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #12728 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:05 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 12727, Sando wrote:Sweet jesus the dead thread itself is 84 pages long!
I'm preparing myself tbh
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12729 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:09 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 12727, Sando wrote:Sweet jesus
its all the maple syrup I eat.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12730 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:17 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Brian: I think the setup was very well made; there wasn't anything particularly egregious that I saw other than Spiritual Mediumship and Petrification, I think the game went at such a hugely fast pace because the setup itself was interesting and trying to manipulate it to do what we wanted was genuinely an interesting problem we had to tackle. It was what made me heavily engage as hard as I did throughout the game despite my emotions sort of... making me not want to.

I wish mediumship never spawned on N1, it was awful knowing it wasn't a guarantee that I'd have an effect on the game again after I died, but feeling obligated to put all my effort in anyways so that if I DID get channeled, it would have been a good use of the ability... but then night three ended and I was given the dead thread. That hurt.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12731 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:24 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Here's an irony

I made a huge deal about scum Negatekilling players on day two

And I was the only slot that was ever negatekilled
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12732 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:31 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 12730, Ankamius wrote:Brian: I think the setup was very well made; there wasn't anything particularly egregious that I saw other than Spiritual Mediumship and Petrification
As much as petrification was a pain for those petrified, I didn't really mind it, and it was kinda cool using mechanics to conftown two observers, and I'm sure having the threat of them coming back into the game was a motivator.

Honestly I think there's too many powers and too much randomness, I think being able to plan out a bit better would be nice. Knock it down to say 20 powers, and no power can occur twice in a row, something like that. Weather manip coming up like 2-3 times and flight never coming up was a bit ???

Also the fact that I blind nailed Creatures powers (except for the issue of Ank actually being given powers, wat?) says that maybe there wasn't enough interaction going on with the powers. I was kinda hoping for powers going off left right and centre, and town scrambling to work out wtf was going on. Instead we mostly just used (useless) protections.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #12733 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:38 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

I still think TW was kinda conftown from Creature being blocked (and in turn being unable to block TW) short of TW actually following the circular freezing (all he had to do was not freeze), but great job in the end, i was tbh, expecting a 1v1 between Creature and Sando by Creature claiming to have blocked Sando instead or something.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12734 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:44 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 12733, Sakura Hana wrote:but great job in the end, i was tbh, expecting a 1v1 between Creature and Sando by Creature claiming to have blocked Sando instead or something.
Claiming to block me conftowns duckling to me.
Claiming no powers means I was the only blocker and no kill happened, and I blocked creature so he's scum

I think claiming what he did was the only option, but it was his suggestion of the rotation that we went with, and that cost him :P
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12735 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:47 pm

Post by Sando »

Wait what Brian? Duckling blocking me who blocks Creature doesn't result in a creature block? But two people blocking each other results in both?!
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #12736 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:48 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 12733, Sakura Hana wrote:I still think TW was kinda conftown from Creature being blocked (and in turn being unable to block TW) short of TW actually following the circular freezing (all he had to do was not freeze), but great job in the end, i was tbh, expecting a 1v1 between Creature and Sando by Creature claiming to have blocked Sando instead or something.
I was so so so so so worried about a d8 gambit like that. :/

I think I spewed myself town by confirming I didn't receive a power n7 BUT in theory blocking a roleblocker who is blocking someone should cause the roleblocks to succeed but anything in a lower tier to fail..

*shrug* it was a weird situation xD
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12737 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:50 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 12735, Sando wrote:Wait what Brian? Duckling blocking me who blocks Creature doesn't result in a creature block? But two people blocking each other results in both?!
In a blocking triangle the player that isnt blocking ends up not being blocked
Because in a blocking triangle everyone modifies everyone so all fire up simultaneously
Remove one of them and then you go through normal action resolution
Apply any unmodified actions before the actions they modify

So since Sando's block was unmodified as TW didnt roleblock him, it fires off BEFORE creature's roleblock, hence creature cant freeze.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12738 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:52 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

So basically you have 2 options.
Either TW is lying and he did get a power and everyone got blocked (which means TW actually decided to do the triangle instead of not blocking and doing the kill for the win).
Or TW is telling the truth and he didnt get a power and so he was conf town.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12739 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:54 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

So basically you guys almost handed the win to Creature with your plan, and it was TW's plan too, if TW was scum he'd have known how to break free from it to use it to win.
TW was like conftownier than Sando in that... if Creature had claimed to block Sando then yes both Creature and Sando get blocked, was pretty risky for TW to vote Creature since Sando could still be scum until Creature outed to block TW.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
The Dream Weaver
The Dream Weaver
Goon
The Dream Weaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12740 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:54 pm

Post by The Dream Weaver »

In post 12735, Sando wrote:Wait what Brian? Duckling blocking me who blocks Creature doesn't result in a creature block? But two people blocking each other results in both?!
From NAR:

"If only one of the actions affects another, resolve that one first, regardless of the positions on the list."

So if both Duckling and Creature block you, and you block Creature, Duckling's action would resolve first. Since you would then be blocked, you wouldn't be able to block Creature.

If all three of you did the circular roleblock, then all three of you would be blocked.
The moderator account for Brian Skies.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12741 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:58 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

So yes, TW just correctly hit a 50/50 between Creature/Sando, and Sando gambled on Creature when Creature should've been confscum to him.
NGL, I thought it was pretty obvious if you look at just the NAR page (or ask the mod), but considering how much i had Math yelling at me "NO IT'S NOT A CONFTOWN COZ TW CANT BE TRUSTED" or something, i guess it's not that easy to figure out.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12742 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:00 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Also before I forget.
Colossal job with this game Brian, i cant even begin to imagine how much effort you put into this, and I really would like to say you did really well considering everything that happened.

My only caveat was petrification, and anything else is just me not meshing with this leadership mechanic very well during the game, surprisingly i didnt do too bad, but had I not skipped D1, i'd probably would have been on the lynchpool myself.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12743 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:03 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 12741, Sakura Hana wrote:So yes, TW just correctly hit a 50/50 between Creature/Sando, and Sando gambled on Creature when Creature should've been confscum to him.
NGL, I thought it was pretty obvious if you look at just the NAR page (or ask the mod), but considering how much i had Math yelling at me "NO IT'S NOT A CONFTOWN COZ TW CANT BE TRUSTED" or something, i guess it's not that easy to figure out.
The sheer amount of mechanics in this game makes it fairly hard to keep on top of everything.
Suppose Roleblocker A blocks Roleblocker B, who blocks Roleblocker C, who blocks Roleblocker D, who blocks Doctor E. If Roleblocks are resolved in such a way that conflicts are minimized, A blocks B, preventing B from blocking C, thus C blocks D, preventing D from blocking the Doctor - in short, the Doctor's protection would have an effect. If all Roleblocks are simultaneous, the only player who is NOT technically Roleblocked is A; the Doctor would be blocked.
How is this clear? To me this is specifically saying "it's one or the other and either is fine".
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12744 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:06 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 12741, Sakura Hana wrote:So yes, TW just correctly hit a 50/50 between Creature/Sando, and Sando gambled on Creature when Creature should've been confscum to him.
I was 100% legit and not testing when I offered it to Creature as well :P

Second game I've said to scum "here, please have the game", and they've turned me down.
The Dream Weaver
The Dream Weaver
Goon
The Dream Weaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12745 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:06 pm

I don't know what that is.

For this game, I specifically had them resolve simultaneously only if they were in conflict, meaning they were affecting each other. If they weren't in conflict, then it followed the path of minimal conflict that you quoted (in that the first player in the chain gets resolved first and you just resolve left to right).
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12746 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:07 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

Heyo, good job town! This was a ton of fun to watch, even if I never got a graveyard link even after I asked lol. But that's okay, good job guys and sorry for being useless lol
The Dream Weaver
The Dream Weaver
Goon
The Dream Weaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12747 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:08 pm

In post 12746, Myloninja13 wrote:Heyo, good job town! This was a ton of fun to watch, even if I never got a graveyard link even after I asked lol. But that's okay, good job guys and sorry for being useless lol
I gave you one immediately when you died, and you already had access to the Graveyard when you asked for it. You just had to go to the Private Topics subforum.

I actually meant to explicitly tell you this, but I forgot.
The Dream Weaver
The Dream Weaver
Goon
The Dream Weaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12748 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:11 pm

Oh my. I'm so sorry. I didn't send you a link to the graveyard. But I swear I gave you access. I checked several times wondering why you didn't come in to post.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12749 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:16 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

For the people that dont want to read everything in the graveyard, the reason i bombed as soon as i got healed is because i was worried scum would try to outspeed me by submitting a bomb before i did, specially if i decided to push Nancy via lynching. I had literally that post prewritten in such a way so scum would have to open it one by one and by the time they reached where im bombing i already sent in the action before they can do anything about it.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”