Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:11 am

Post by The Fonz »

Mod edit
Votecount:

JordanA24 (1): Guardian

Not voting: the rest

With 16 alive it's 9 to lynch.

Xdaamno wrote:I... have a speculation on lovers that would be useful for people to know, but I'm guessing it would help the scum and lead to tricky endgames >.<

And Guardian, outguessing the mod is often useful. In this occasion I feel it's baseless, since the mod is neutral, and not trying to help the town or the scum.
Then why bother saying you have it, then?

Also, you say that outguessing the mod can work, but not here because the mod is neutral. When is a mod NOT neutral?

I still think Ryan's very much the play for today, though there was quite a lot of lurking going on towards the end yesterday, which needs to be prevented from happening again today.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:17 am

Post by Zindaras »

Guardian wrote:Quick FOS there Zindie. I know it was outguessing the mod, I was putting it out there for y'all to think about. As mod, I know I am more careful and less likely to make mistakes when of two wagons one is scum and one is town.
It reeks of a quick deflection away from ryan.

Your suggestion here is also flat-out incorrect.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:20 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Then why bother saying you have it, then?
Because if I do need to say it, already proving I had it in mind might be helpful, and I may get input on whether or not anyone wants to hear it if they have ideas of their own.

Why, what are you suggesting I'm doing?
Also, you say that outguessing the mod can work, but not here because the mod is neutral. When is a mod NOT neutral?
Most of the time the mod's alignment is irrelevant, because the situation usually is where the mod would accidently hint at someone's role. Guardian was suggesting the mod (subconsciously I think) lynched the wrong person based on what the mod wanted to happen.

Way to clutch at straws, Fonzie.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:21 am

Post by Xdaamno »

EBWOP: Wait, it's grasp at straws, isn't it? :P
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:23 am

Post by Zindaras »

Vote: Lawrencelot

We needs to knows his alignments!!1!1!!
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:38 am

Post by The Fonz »

Xdaamno wrote:EBWOP: Wait, it's grasp at straws, isn't it? :P
No, it's clutch. And, fwiw, I don't think trying to outguess the mod is ever a good idea, and especially not in an open game. Mistakes happen, sadly.
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:38 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Erm,

Vote: Ryan
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:07 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Hm, fair enough. I think we can agree you're clutching at straws, or otherwise just grasping :P
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:11 am

Post by ryan »

JordanA24 wrote:Erm,

Vote: Ryan
Trying to sneak a vote in the middle of a discussion without giving reasons?
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:13 am

Post by JordanA24 »

I think I gave enough reasons yesterday thank you.

Besides, you should have been lynched yesterday (literally). So, my votes on you.

ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:17 am

Post by ryan »

JordanA24 wrote:I think I gave enough reasons yesterday thank you.

Besides, you should have been lynched yesterday (literally). So, my votes on you.
Hey I can't do anything about a mistake by the mod, using that as a reason to vote me is fairly idiotic.
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:30 am

Post by JordanA24 »

But you could have done something about not looking scummy, if you had, you wouldn't have had enough votes to have been lynched in the first place.

Jalyn
Jalyn
Goon
Jalyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:06 am

Post by Jalyn »

Guardian wrote:I was right about ssf being town >.>. Thanks a lot Sarcastro :P. At this point I would love to know ryan's alignment for sure (note how I tried to make that happen), but the mod's mistake makes me think the outcome wouldn't have been that different on a ryan lynch. I would guess that his role is also vanilla town. In any case, while I was (dis)liking ryan a little little bit more than SSF as I put him in a lynch spot yesterday, I really am not convinced he is scum, at this point.

Personally, I am really happy Adel and Sir T are dead and their alignments are confirmed. They were distracting me a lot, at least, with Adel doing nothing and Sir T having the very annoying habbit of pushing a nonexistent me-ryan connection.

Whether their being dead is good for the game is disputable... but as for me personally, I couldn't be happier with a dead lover pair.

One last thing -- lovers -- if you are 95% or better sure your lover is treacherous, coming out might not be a bad decision :P. Only do it if you are really, really sure though, we don't want to mislynch the last pair of two innocent lovers :P.

Um,
Vote: JordanA24
seems good right now.

vote: guardian
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:06 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

I didn't like Guardian's 1270 one bit. I'm still not sure if the "I was right about SSF being town" part was a joke or not, and the "I'm glad their dead" part rubbed me the wrong way. Also, major deflection away from Ryan (this has been mentioned before).

If those two are scumbuddies, I'll kick myself.

I'll admit to being the one who really lead the SSF bandwagon, and I'm not above scrutiny if anybody wants to scrutinize me, but I think Ether, Erg0, and Sarc should be looked at more carefully. All of them pretty much jumped without
any
reasoning beyond "let's have a bandwagon/lynch." I'm interested particuarly in seeing what Sarc has to say now that there's some concrete info to go on.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:07 am

Post by Zindaras »

Jalyn, reasoning?
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:08 am

Post by Zindaras »

Well, Nab, I agree with what you're saying, yes. The people who jumped on the fleaboy-wagon do deserve scrutiny.

As an aside, I do have to reread the last pages after I left again. I wasn't so sure I was going to survive, so I put off the reread.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Jalyn
Jalyn
Goon
Jalyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:16 am

Post by Jalyn »

The post I quoted.

What? You want specifics?
I was right about ssf being town >.>. Thanks a lot Sarcastro .

SSF's lynch is entirely Sarcastro's fault?

At this point I would love to know ryan's alignment for sure (note how I tried to make that happen),

WHAT?! You jumped off of the SSF bandwagon and voted for Jordan because you wanted ryan to be lynched? Does this make any damn sense to anyone?

but the mod's mistake makes me think the outcome wouldn't have been that different on a ryan lynch.

So, you wanted ryan dead even though you wouldn't vote for him but now you think he's probably innocent because the mod wouldn't have been damn careful to make the decision as role non-specific as possible?

I would guess that his role is also vanilla town. In any case, while I was (dis)liking ryan a little little bit more than SSF as I put him in a lynch spot yesterday, I really am not convinced he is scum, at this point.

Personally, I am really happy Adel and Sir T are dead and their alignments are confirmed. They were distracting me a lot, at least, with Adel doing nothing and Sir T having the very annoying habbit of pushing a nonexistent me-ryan connection.

I'm glad that you're happy that we've lost two more town votes last night. That works well.

Whether their being dead is good for the game is disputable... but as for me personally, I couldn't be happier with a dead lover pair.

One last thing -- lovers -- if you are 95% or better sure your lover is treacherous, coming out might not be a bad decision . Only do it if you are really, really sure though, we don't want to mislynch the last pair of two innocent lovers .
I really hate stating the complete obvious in an attempt to look helpful while not actually doing any good.

Um, Vote: JordanA24 seems good right now.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:22 am

Post by Zindaras »

I was wondering if there was a specific part of the post you voted him for. There were multiple parts I could see as reason.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:42 am

Post by Xdaamno »

I find it more helpful when people state the bits they don't like rather than going down the sentences and trying to find reasons why each of them are wrong...

That said, I mostly agree with you.
Cracking Idea Mafia
Jalyn
Jalyn
Goon
Jalyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:44 am

Post by Jalyn »

I was going to state the bits I didn't like. Then I realized I was basically quoting the entire post again and went this way instead.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:15 am

Post by ryan »

Guardian wrote: Personally,
I am really happy Adel and Sir T are dead
and their alignments are confirmed. They were distracting me a lot, at least, with Adel doing nothing and Sir T having the very annoying habbit of pushing a nonexistent me-ryan connection.
Why would you say that Guardian? Saying they are distracting is interesting and although Sir Tornado did bring up a connection between you and I, he never pushed it, so why you would say that baffles me. Why do you want two townies dead? You're starting to make me wonder if I was completely wrong about you and your allignment.

FoS: Guardian
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:37 am

Post by Guardian »

Hmm. I really need to stop saying I am happy when townies are dead. People always find me scummy for it, even though I do it both as town and scum. :roll:.

Xdaamno, your reasons are kinda BS, as Fonz pointed out.
NabakovNabakov wrote:I didn't like Guardian's 1270 one bit. I'm still not sure if the "I was right about SSF being town" part was a joke or not, and the "I'm glad their dead" part rubbed me the wrong way. Also, major deflection away from Ryan (this has been mentioned before).
I am always happy when I make the right decision with my vote. Unvoting SSF was a good decision -- I'm happy with my play there.

If a pair of lovers had to die last night, I don't think I could have been happier with any two other players dying. Sir T was annoying as hell with his attacks on me, and Adel... like seriously NabNab, how is anyone not happy that (if a town player had to die) that it was Adel? I love Adel, but she was actively doing nothing and hurting the town.
NabakovNabakov wrote:If those two are scumbuddies, I'll kick myself.
Me and ryan? Lol, not kicking required.
NabakovNabakov wrote:I'll admit to being the one who really lead the SSF bandwagon, and I'm not above scrutiny if anybody wants to scrutinize me, but I think Ether, Erg0, and Sarc should be looked at more carefully. All of them pretty much jumped without
any
reasoning beyond "let's have a bandwagon/lynch." I'm interested particuarly in seeing what Sarc has to say now that there's some concrete info to go on.
I agree with this -- and yet you nicely omit how I moved *off* of the SSF wagon to prevent his lynch. So, they are scummy for jumping on, and I'm scummy for jumping off? :P.

Jalyn wrote:
I was right about ssf being town >.>. Thanks a lot Sarcastro .

SSF's lynch is entirely Sarcastro's fault?

Yes, it mostly is his fault. He deliberately tried to get SSF lynch at the end of the day just because I unvoted. You would say it is not his fault? Also, you find me scummy for unvoting a townie at deadline? If SSF turned up scum, I'd have looked really bad, and had to deal with that. But I was right, and he was town...

At this point I would love to know ryan's alignment for sure (note how I tried to make that happen),

WHAT?! You jumped off of the SSF bandwagon and voted for Jordan because you wanted ryan to be lynched? Does this make any damn sense to anyone?

Yes, it does. They were tied, I put ryan in a position where SSF needed two more votes or he was dead. Sarcastro even found me scummy for this and started the wagon, pointing out how my unvote might have as well been a vote on ryan.

but the mod's mistake makes me think the outcome wouldn't have been that different on a ryan lynch.

So, you wanted ryan dead even though you wouldn't vote for him but now you think he's probably innocent because the mod wouldn't have been damn careful to make the decision as role non-specific as possible?

I wanted him dead more than SSF. I think they are both town.

I would guess that his role is also vanilla town. In any case, while I was (dis)liking ryan a little little bit more than SSF as I put him in a lynch spot yesterday, I really am not convinced he is scum, at this point.

I'm glad that you're happy that we've lost two more town votes last night. That works well.

If two lovers had to die, I couldn't have picked a better pair. As far as my frustration with them attacking me for bad reasons and/or actively hurting the town, then YES I love that they are dead. Do you want Adel around today? She helped mislynch SSF, basically because she wanted to follow NabNab. Do you think she was helping the town, at all?

One last thing -- lovers -- if you are 95% or better sure your lover is treacherous, coming out might not be a bad decision . Only do it if you are really, really sure though, we don't want to mislynch the last pair of two innocent lovers .
I really hate stating the complete obvious in an attempt to look helpful while not actually doing any good.

Watch a lover come out today and point to me as encouraging them to do so. Just watch it. I hate how both you and Xdaamno are turing pro-town theory into scumminess. It is complete bull. Also, I find it interesting that you don't say my vote for Jordan with no more reasons is scummy, yet you find all this scummy. Jalyn, cut it out, seriously.
ryan wrote:
Guardian wrote: Personally,
I am really happy Adel and Sir T are dead
and their alignments are confirmed. They were distracting me a lot, at least, with Adel doing nothing and Sir T having the very annoying habbit of pushing a nonexistent me-ryan connection.
Why would you say that Guardian? Saying they are distracting is interesting and although Sir Tornado did bring up a connection between you and I, he never pushed it, so why you would say that baffles me.
WTF!? He never pushed it!? Are you
reading the game
!? His whole play yesterday consisted of deciding which of me and you to vote. Wow, ryan, you are demonstrating a surprising level of incompetence here.
ryan wrote:Why do you want two townies dead? You're starting to make me wonder if I was completely wrong about you and your allignment.
WTF!? I said I am happy those two specific lovers are dead. If any lover pair had to die, I am super happy it was them, they have not been helping the town this game at all.

Ryan, if you want me to keep defending you, then this is not the way to do it, wtf with this whole post, seriously.
ryan wrote:
FoS: Guardian
Ah, that's just swell. No vote though, even though I'm at lynch minus... a lot. Wow. This post really notches you like 8 players higher on my scumdar.

It is OMGUS -- because this post does suck. You are parroting others reasoning -- and it is bad reasoning. And you add some additional bad reasoning on top of it. Wow.

Seriously,
unvote vote: ryan
. I am pretty much done defending you for now. That post was horrible. Others might be right about my outguessing the mod, and I wanted you lynched over SSF yesterday, and I am seriously considering using today to do it. I'm not sure if you are scum or not, but you definitely need to get your act together man.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:41 am

Post by ryan »

Guardian: YOU said you were glad two townies were dead? How is that not the most anti-town move IF you are actually a townie? I never felt as though ST was driving a Ryan/Guardian bandwagon, you seem to be very paranoid about this when you "have been defending me" (allegedly) I think Sir Tornado had been bringing up good points as to the finding of scum. I am parroting other reasoning? YET you vote me? I find that interesting Guardian. Why the attack on me? I asked a simple question of you, to answer why you were happy two town players died and you go off on a tirade? Why is that Guardian?
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:01 am

Post by Guardian »

ryan wrote:Guardian: YOU said you were glad two townies were dead? How is that not the most anti-town move IF you are actually a townie?
You and others really need to think about this. How does my being happy that an active lurker and someone who had a bad case on me are dead have anything to do with my alignment? Your question highlights this -- it is not an anti-town
"move"
. It is simply my
feeling
about how their deaths impact the game. Unless the doc successfully protected, someone had to die, and in this case a lover pair had to die. I'm glad they are dead.
ryan wrote:I never felt as though ST was driving a Ryan/Guardian bandwagon, you seem to be very paranoid about this when you "have been defending me" (allegedly) I think Sir Tornado had been bringing up good points as to the finding of scum.
Yeah, um, reading the game is a really good play, ryan. Sir T at one point said that me and you were the only options for his vote yesterday, and that he had to choose between us, and that if you were scum I likely would be too.
ryan wrote:I am parroting other reasoning? YET you vote me? I find that interesting Guardian.
Parroting bad reasoning is worse than coming up with it yourself. It shows not only that you are using whatever means necessary, making sense or otherwise, to find someone scummy, but ALSO that you don't even try and come up with arguments yourself.
ryan wrote:Why the attack on me? I asked a simple question of you, to answer why you were happy two town players died and you go off on a tirade? Why is that Guardian?
I think I explained myself well... :). Any more questions?
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:11 am

Post by ryan »

Your vote smells of OMGUS, but I'm not going to muddy up the thread with arguments and counter attacks. I feel you being happy that two townies died to be an anti town move. If you are in a game with people you don't like, than fine that happens but it is a GAME, but when you are happy that two townies (when you yourself said you are one) are nightkilled I find that to be very telling, it doesn't sound to me as though you want to win the game for the town, it sounds like you want the scum to win.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”