Micro 759: Tarot uPick III - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:19 pm

Post by nancy »

K gr8 good talk team.
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:25 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

Hmmm
Dunker
They were jailkept and no kill happened(although Key has reasons to believe there were other reasons),the reasons north already mentioned, and such a strange vote pattern at end of day that looks like a bus

North
For the reasons from last day, their refusal to claim anything, not even having visited me

Porkens
Their posts irritate me, and contain fluff today. Plus, prior reasoning

Acid
They claimed a neighbourizing Jaikeeper, not quite what I thought it would be; but a powerful role(we know jailkeep succeeded because Dunker was neighbourized) you can't easily fakeclaim, so they could be town or scum with this role, but a massclaim could help us here: to see if it is unlikely that town has that power.

Rest has not really changed.
While you're at it, why did you counterclaim acid? Neighborizer isn't remotely a counterclaimable role so what made you think your role couldn't exist with his? And why'd you drop it so immediately when Varsoon jumped down your throat?
I thought Acid was softing some sort of dead-neighbourizer(I got that they had a catch in their role as neighbourizer, and they expressly told something about protecting, not neighbourizing; I thought that it might be it. On second thought it was dumb but I had to play along then and that Varsoon jumped down my throat and gave me reasoning was the perfect excuse to let it down AND to indicate a much more powerful role than I really had(to scum, to catch a Night kill).
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:37 pm

Post by nancy »

Eh, I can see the advantage of a massclaim to figure out if there was something else that could've blocked the kill I guess.

thinking face
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:42 pm

Post by nancy »

Everyone should pop in wolfily to give their take on NK15's claim.
Yetichain
Yetichain
Townie
Yetichain
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:46 am

Post by Yetichain »

Oh I'm so glad to oblige. I think I buy it; I don't think there's scum there. However I don't understand how the crumb makes sense with the role, and I'd prefer it to be explained in full.

In post 1139, nancy wrote:you should say more things and so on
In post 1140, nancy wrote:oops i meant to say that in the scum pt
Yes dead partners are soooo quiet aren't they? :wink:

In post 1249, Not Known 15 wrote:Ok.
There is one more thing I want to talk about before I claim...
Should we do a massclaim or not?
We already have an outed power role(Acid the neighbourizing jailkeeper); but what is more interesting is that the one who didnt want claims was Jarbakas, and Jarbakas was scum.
A related question is how we'd do it(I prefer popcorn)
and another related question is how we claim our card(s), especially the most important card(e.g. Tower) that is supposed to be unique.
The claim would definitely start with me claiming my role.
We could seperate the card claim from it, because reasons(you'll have to decide if you want to popcorn for cards or the rest; also we have more motivation to go for).
What do you all say?
I support a massclaim now.
I'm also going to disagree with the massclaim. Not yet, as much as I want to figure out night actions. Also can you explain what you're talking about with the cards? They're NAI because we picked them before the alignment roll, and Jabarkas was the Tower if I'm understanding correctly.
In post 1262, Not Known 15 wrote:Ok...
Only claiming my card(s) on further request:

I am a
1.self-sensing ascetic. I know what is intended to hit me at night, and last night no one visited. Sadly, no one fell for the trap and claimed visiting me.
2.Dead-Neighbourizer. If you look back at my ISO when I was about to be hammered I made some posts related to that (1. Dunker 2.No contribution=sus)
Dead-Neighbourizer means that I neighbourize someone upon my own death.
In post 1255, nancy wrote:Why do you think massclaim helps town here?
Because Jarbakas( who was scum) didn't want a massclaim, and I think that indicates that scum have to lose something to a massclaim. Whether it is info or sth else, dunno.
I'm kind of interested in your cards but I don't think it will help at all because I don't know if I could sniff out a fakeclaim by knowing your picks. It's more just a personal curiosity.

-Key
Hydra of Keychain and Yeticrab.
(But mostly Keychain <3 )
Yetichain
Yetichain
Townie
Yetichain
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:06 am

Post by Yetichain »

In post 1279, Yetichain wrote:However I don't understand how the crumb makes sense with the role, and I'd prefer it to be explained in full.
nevermind I should use my brain more than once every second Tuesday I figured it out
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:20 am

Post by nancy »

Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:30 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

Also can you explain what you're talking about with the cards? They're NAI because we picked them before the alignment roll, and Jabarkas was the Tower if I'm understanding correctly.
Yeah they are mostly NAI.
However, there are reasons why they can be important:
Your abilities are mainly based on your three cards, with extra importance for your main card.
Your main card is
unique
If someone wants to fakeclaim, they need to have decent role claims that fit the cards they provide. They can ofcourse just claim the right cards and their true role but that could be dangerous in itself(e.g. Ninja Revenant)
On the other hand, if someone suspicious makes a fake main card claim and someone else has that one as the main card we get a reliable CC and that should be the end for scum.
Yetichain
Yetichain
Townie
Yetichain
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:42 am

Post by Yetichain »

I think it wouldn't be too hard to make a fakeclaim even tangentially based on your Significator enough to look legit, versus the risk of claiming a Significator that isn't yours.

nancy's asked me to explain my read change on Porkens.

So I don't remember how much I said but very early on I had a scumread on Porkens because he
lost his reading on me
seemed to just be spinning his wheels and being social more than scumhunting. No forward thrust.

I'm rereading now and for the most part... ugh. I really don't know, I could go either way. It's just little things, and little things are enough to erode a wavering read. 's appeal to North comes across weird to me. bothers me just because I was saying the thing more as a "whoa acid buddy that's not necessarily a guilty you have there" and was not intending to elaborate.

rubbed me the wrong way which I now realise is silly given that I've been saying a very similar thing about my play :facepalm: but more to the point I think it's odd because he got pretty townread across the board iirc?

Bad reasons but I can't shake it. I'm also up... considerably later than is wise so I may go further into this later.

In the meantime I do agree with the North read - I think that choosing quotes from when she was in gamesolving mode is possibly cherrypicking a wee bit like she said, particularly knowing the context of one of them, but otherwise yeah.

VOTE: northsidegal

-Key
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:50 am

Post by garaputo »

I am not in favor of a massclaim. I think if there is concern about sorting my role and nk15's, just lynch both of us and see where that ends up. I think that outcome is better than outing investigative roles in this situation.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:46 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

wolfy pop-in
balance among all things
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:19 am

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 1285, drealmerz7 wrote:wolfy pop-in
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:43 am

Post by Porkens »

It's crap.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:25 pm

Post by Porkens »

And your reaction takes me into weird feelings, n.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:39 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i thought a little bit about how to solve the game. outside of just reguar poe, it would require that everyone believes that garaputo is town.
In post 1276, Not Known 15 wrote:North
For the reasons from last day, their refusal to claim anything, not even having visited me
why is refusing to claim anything a scumread?

also, in a little bit of a twist, i'd be in favor of a massclaim.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:42 pm

Post by garaputo »

In post 1289, northsidegal wrote:i thought a little bit about how to solve the game. outside of just reguar poe, it would require that everyone believes that garaputo is town.
In post 1276, Not Known 15 wrote:North
why is refusing to claim anything a scumread?

also, in a little bit of a twist, i'd be in favor of a massclaim.
I'm all for solving the game, and can easily be convinced I'm town. Tell me more.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:48 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1290, garaputo wrote:I'm all for solving the game, and can easily be convinced I'm town. Tell me more.
there's only one scum left and you're a jailkeeper. if there are even a few people that everyone can agree is town then the game can quite easily be poed through lynches and jailkeeping, perhaps made even easier by people's roles.

things fall apart
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:54 pm

Post by garaputo »

I'll wait, but there is at least one problem with that plan that you may not know about.
Yetichain
Yetichain
Townie
Yetichain
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:11 pm

Post by Yetichain »

Pretty sure the problem is already clear.
In post 1020, acidphoenix wrote:VOTE: dunkerdoodles

hardclaim
xshot
neighborizing jailkeeper

jk'd dunker
(bolding mine)

North your lack of reaction to my vote makes me sad. Your also seems like you're trying to mimic your towngame more than you're trying to
play
, if that makes sense.

-Key
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:44 pm

Post by garaputo »

Yes, without specifying for X, I am willing to say it's not sufficient to run nsg's plan until end of the game.
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:08 am

Post by garaputo »

I am guessing the lower than average frequency of posts here are due to holidays? I'm going to be picking up houseguests and attending family functions for the next couple days but plan to check in to the thread multiple times per day anyways. Still compared to my normal participation these next few days should be less.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:29 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

Indeed. That is the problem right now.

Dunker was jailkept and no kill happened.
Their vote could be a bus quite easily.
And they are not well readable for me; but they are usually antitown even as town.

VOTE: Dunker
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:41 am

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 1296, Not Known 15 wrote:Indeed. That is the problem right now.

Dunker was jailkept and no kill happened.
Their vote could be a bus quite easily.
And they are not well readable for me; but they are usually antitown even as town.

VOTE: Dunker
yeah let me just put my partner at L-1 and encourage him to be hammered that's a great plan
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:04 am

Post by northsidegal »

dunk, could you say what you were talking about in ?

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:09 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1293, Yetichain wrote:North your lack of reaction to my vote makes me sad. Your 1289 also seems like you're trying to mimic your towngame more than you're trying to play, if that makes sense.
well, most of your post wan't even talking about me. what is it about the case on me that you agree with? i'll admit that being reminded of 1828 made me think that the same plan might work here – the reason i'm thinking back to it is because i think it could actually work here.

things fall apart

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”