Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:45 am

Post by Andresvmb »

@VPB hey I’m not saying that changing your mind about a slot is Scummy. But what I was saying was that you seemed to have specific reasons to be SR’ing Infinity. So then to ask others about the case on Infinity
generally
(when you were basically making said case) just struck me as odd. I wrote down from your initial set of posts I quoted that you and Infinity were not likely to be SvS. But that quick change clearly obliterates that.

What I would say is that I would have maybe preferred to have seen these reasons you’re articulating now more clearly stated at that time.

You also see my final take - I’m unsure. But precisely because I feel unsure, I have a hard time justifying Infinity’s hard TR of yours purely based on tone.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:02 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1275, Andresvmb wrote:What I would say is that I would have maybe preferred to have seen these reasons you’re articulating now more clearly stated at that time.
This tends to be my play. It's probably a personality trait from my job (journalist). I'll often hold back initial reasoning a bit because it can prompt reactions. Always happy to be clear though if asked.

Anyhow, I'm biased about the TR on me because I think my own town play is pretty clear most times. I always get some suspicion or concern though because I play OK as scum too.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:27 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1097, VP Baltar wrote:Jackson, you got anything to actually say outside of "Koba is scum! Koba is scum!"?

Being real, just seems like you're scum tunneling because you have nothing substantive to say about the game.
This may be a bad example? VP feels like town who has a lot of strong opinions but is trying to be more cooperative for the sake of town synergy. Though looking at his ISO, I'm a bit less sure than I was. Definitely not interested in limming him today though.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:39 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 1205, Marky Mark wrote:
In post 1203, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 1185, Marky Mark wrote:... but she herself voted Geraint a couple of pages earlier, which is a wagon based on very similar principles (ie pressuring an inactive & hard to read player)
That whole "on lookout for lhf" thing is just plain contradicting everything, as I remember calling out in my wall on them.
As a side note, I'm presuming LHF is "Low, Hard, Fast" ?
Latvian Hockey Federation
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:17 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1268, Infinity 324 wrote:VP townread is largely tone
tone is alignment indicative
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:18 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1272, Marky Mark wrote:
In post 1267, Tayl0r Swift wrote:+1

also im getting some oblivious townie vibes from mark atm
Lowkey discredit? :P I'm presuming this is relating to my above post on DGB

A fair few people seem to be TRing DGB but if you look at the slot objectively, it's actively lurked, made some inconsistent reads (eg the disparity between N_M/geraint) and made a couple of posts that try to sound townie ie . What is it that you are seeing in the slot that makes it feel towny to you?

We need to find a solution to deal with N_M/Geraint who probs won't respond to pressure, but I think we also need to be shining the light on DGB (and Zedenek to a lesser extent) here so that they can't coast.
u literally just see which faction nm it seems is actively trying to throw against and then read them as that alignment. I've played with the type before
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:26 am

Post by DkKoba »

I'll be back more tomorrow. Halloween is extra busy workwise.

I see the concerns re: my progession and i will try to explain. There was a lot of shifting i didnt explicitly announce in my head.
I'll try to answer now actually re: vpb:

In our last game i was better able to read their alignment without needing to pressure them. Im still paranoid on the slot that im getting pocketed. I think their ability to townread me here leans them town (fmpov). I'm vibing with their reads so far mostly so while they were knocked down to null its only from a lack of confidence they are there. (If i scumread him you would know)
retired
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:41 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1281, DkKoba wrote:In our last game i was better able to read their alignment without needing to pressure them.
Haha, in fairness, I had to fake claim against you that game, so you knew for a fact I was lying. Can't remember if you were busting my chops before that much or not. My fake claim had bought me a lot of cover that game until it was unsustainable at the end.
YOUR AD HERE

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:47 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1282, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1281, DkKoba wrote:In our last game i was better able to read their alignment without needing to pressure them.
Haha, in fairness, I had to fake claim against you that game, so you knew for a fact I was lying. Can't remember if you were busting my chops before that much or not. My fake claim had bought me a lot of cover that game until it was unsustainable at the end.
I called ur fake claim out right away but no one was vibing so i gave up and gave u benefit of the doubt
retired
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:16 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I think VP’s town, and I think there’s scum pushing him as town.

I’m busy today, but I might show up late tonight
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:21 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1284, Flavor Leaf wrote:I think there’s scum pushing him as town.
This has occurred to me. I usually take a lot more flak early game, even as town.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:22 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Or maybe I've just really become charming after all these years.
YOUR AD HERE

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:34 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1284, Flavor Leaf wrote:I think VP’s town, and I think there’s scum pushing him as town.

I’m busy today, but I might show up late tonight
who?
retired
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:44 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I haven’t read too much since I was last here, but VP gave suspicion to my slot, so if VP is town, it benefits scum for VP to be in a higher town read position in the game because it can keep him at me, if that makes sense.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:46 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Infinity is the one immediately standing out to me right now, and I liked Andres post at the top of this page
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:47 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I also tend to look at how people are positioning themselves rather than straight up who they are town reading or scum reading
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:08 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Okay, I caught up from where I came in last time until now.

There's something weird going in between Andres, Infinity, and VPB. I would bet on there being scum in there somewhere.

Least Likely to Most Likely:
VPB
Andres
Infinity

I sensed that Infinity play earlier, but maybe Andres set that up. I'm not sure. I might be underestimating Andres ability, and if so, I think he could manipulate incredibly well. Something about the way he's posting makes me feel that way, especially now that I look at his greeting towards me could have been a pocket attempt.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:22 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1291, Flavor Leaf wrote:I'm not sure. I might be underestimating Andres ability, and if so, I think he could manipulate incredibly well. Something about the way he's posting makes me feel that way, especially now that I look at his greeting towards me could have been a pocket attempt.
I'm interested in hearing more about this and what's pinging you.

For me, Mark and Andres seem to have a similar playstyle. But Mark feels like super obv town to me and I keep being skeptical of Andres in a way that I can't really put my finger on.
YOUR AD HERE

Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:41 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I just get this weird sense of newbie yet experienced in Andres, and I played with him over a year ago, so I know he's decently capable, and I know his join date is deceiving, I just think there's a chance Andres is playing a solid scum game, picking up good gamestate control, if that makes sense.

Like when I look back at the way he greeted me, in conjunction to how he's been pushing, and the fact that I naturally scum read Infinity, I think Andres being scum would have helped the gamestate get to a position where Infinity would have been a strong wagon.

I was thinking of voting Infinity, which I believe would pick up at least 1 more vote, maybe more, so I can see that Infinity could have gained momentum.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:42 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1292, VP Baltar wrote:I keep being skeptical of Andres in a way that I can't really put my finger on.
this might be because they are scum who's doing well at keeping themselves townie, or not having any actual reasons for being scum.
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:42 am

Post by Marky Mark »

In post 1280, DkKoba wrote: u literally just see which faction nm it seems is actively trying to throw against and then read them as that alignment. I've played with the type before
I admire your optimism
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:49 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1293, Flavor Leaf wrote:I just get this weird sense of newbie yet experienced in Andres, and I played with him over a year ago, so I know he's decently capable, and I know his join date is deceiving, I just think there's a chance Andres is playing a solid scum game, picking up good gamestate control, if that makes sense.

Like when I look back at the way he greeted me, in conjunction to how he's been pushing, and the fact that I naturally scum read Infinity, I think Andres being scum would have helped the gamestate get to a position where Infinity would have been a strong wagon.

I was thinking of voting Infinity, which I believe would pick up at least 1 more vote, maybe more, so I can see that Infinity could have gained momentum.
Can flavor do this as scum? Cause this is a town post and very relatable
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:53 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Andres is frustrating me because I hate people who say "you're reads are wrong therefore you're scum", it's an awful take and it's making it hard for me to read his recent posts objectively.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:53 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1296, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 1293, Flavor Leaf wrote:I just get this weird sense of newbie yet experienced in Andres, and I played with him over a year ago, so I know he's decently capable, and I know his join date is deceiving, I just think there's a chance Andres is playing a solid scum game, picking up good gamestate control, if that makes sense.

Can flavor do this as scum? Cause this is a town post and very relatable
stop pocket
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:57 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

I'm not gonna stop commenting on things I see in the thread because you interpret them as pocketing.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”