Mini 1466 -- Two Room Mafia II (Game Over)

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:42 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

A win condition has been achieved.

Skullduggery,
Townie
, wins!
Elyse,
Townie
, wins!
Ankamius,
Mason
, wins!

SnakePlissken,
Townie
, wins!
Marquis,
Townie
, wins!
JasonWazza,
Room Tracker
, wins!
camn,
Townie
, wins!
chkflip,
Mason
, wins!
BeautyAndTheBeast,
Townie
, wins!

Game Over; Town Victory!
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:44 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

N1
DCLXVI shoots The Gambler
The Gambler shoots DCLXVI
Pere shoots Marquis
DCLXVI: Left
Peregrine: Right
BATB: Left
camn: Right
Marquis: Left
Skullduggery: Right
Dekes: Left
Alabaska: Right
The Gambler: Right
JasonWazza: Right
Elyse: Left

N2
DCL shoots The Gambler
The Gambler shoots Pere
Jason investigates Elyse
DCLXVI: Left
Peregrine: Left
camn: Left
Ankamius: Right
The Gambler: Right
skullduggery: Right
Jason: Right
Elyse: Right
Alabaska: Left
BATB: Right

N3
Pere shoots Elyse
DCL shoots Skullduggery
Jason investigates DCL
chkflip: Right
Jason: Left
Skullduggery: Right
Pere: Right
DCL: Left
BATB: Right
Ankamius: Left

N4
Pere shoots Elyse
DCL shoots camn
DCL: Left
Skull: Right
camn: Right

N5
Pere shoots Skull
Pere: Left
chkflip: Left

N6
Pere shoots chkflip

N7
Pere shoots Skull
Ankamius: Right

Mafia Goon: DCLXVI
Mafia Surveyor: PeregrineV
Mason: Alabaska J
Mason: Dekes
Room Tracker: JasonWazza
Serial Killer: The Gambler
Townie: Rikablu
Townie: macmollie
Townie: Commandodude
Townie: camn
Townie: Skullduggery
Townie: thezmon221
Townie: Thieving Keyblade
Role PM wrote:Welcome to Two Room Mafia II.

You are a
Townie
. You are sided with the town.

As a Townie, you have no specific abilities during the night, but you must choose between the room on the
left
or the one on the
right
to stay during the course of the night. Please PM your choice during the night phase as you would any traditional night action. If you do not send me a choice, it will be randomized. During the day, you are given one vote that you may use toward lynching a specific player, or choosing not to lynch.

You win if the town eliminates all opposing factions.

Please post a confirmation in the game thread indicating that you have received your role, understand it, and are ready to play!

You are a
Room Tracker

As a Room Tracker, you may investigate one player of your choosing each night. Your investigations will inform you if a specific player went into the same room as you did during the night. You must also choose between the room on the
left
or the one on the
right
to stay during the course of the night. Please PM your choice during the night phase as you would any traditional night action. If you do not send me a choice, it will be randomized. During the day, you are given one vote that you may use toward lynching a specific player, or choosing not to lynch.

Please post a confirmation in the game thread indicating that you have received your role, understand it, and are ready to play!

You are a
Mason

As a Mason, you may talk with your fellow Mason,
Dekes
, in The Corner. You may not talk during the day phase and may only talk during the night phase if you and your partner are in the same room. You must also choose between the room on the
left
or the one on the
right

You are a
Goon
. You are sided with the mafia, and your partner is
PeregrineV

You must choose between the room on the
left
or the one on the
right
to stay during the course of the night. If you do not send me a choice, it will be randomized. Please PM your choice during the night phase as you would any traditional night action. You may contact your partner in the Backroom only during the night and only when you are both in the same room together. During the day, you are given one vote that you may use toward lynching a specific player, or choosing not to lynch.

The mafia may decide to kill one or two people each night. The player targeted must be in the same room as the mafia member making the action or it will fail. In order to kill two players, both mafia members must be in separate rooms. All choices should be submitted to me either through PM or in the QuickTopic.

You win if your team eliminates all opposing factions while having at least one living mafia member.

You are a
Surveyor
. You are sided with the mafia, and your partner is
DCLXVI

left
or the one on the
right
to stay during the course of the night. If you do not send me a choice, it will be randomized. Please PM your choice during the night phase as you would any traditional night action. You may contact your partner in the Backroom only during the night and only when you are both in the same room together. During the day, you are given one vote that you may use toward lynching a specific player, or choosing not to lynch.

As a Surveyor, you have a
one-shot
ability to see all players in the room with you during the same night the power is used. In other words, you may use this power, get the information from me, and make a kill all on the same night.

The mafia may decide to kill one or two people each night. The player targeted must be in the same room as the mafia member making the action or it will fail. In order to kill two players, both mafia members must be in separate rooms. All choices should be submitted to me either through PM or in the QuickTopic.

You win if your team eliminates all opposing factions while having at least one living mafia member.

You are a
Serial Killer
. You are not sided with any other factions or players.

left
or the one on the
right
to stay during the course of the night. If you do not send me a choice, it will be randomized. Please PM your choice during the night phase as you would any traditional night action.

As a Serial Killer, you have a
one-shot Strongman
ability. This ability means that the player you target will die regardless of which room they are in during that night.

The Serial Killer may decide to kill one player each night. The player targeted must be in the same room as the Serial Killer or it will fail.

You win if you are the last of two players and the other player has no killing ability. If the other player has a killing ability, the game will be a draw between the two factions.

Dead QT
Scum QT
Mason QT
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:59 pm

Post by Marquis »

whoa this was a long game

good job town

[/genericendgamecomments]
link in bio
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:13 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Well, that one turned out to be much longer than anticipated. For the first couple of days of this game, I was critical of the scumteam's strategy. They opted to bite on the "two kill" possibility I wrote into their role PMs. Essentially, they could go into separate rooms and try their luck at killing one person each. I understood why DCL thought this was a good risk to take, but I kept wanting them to go for the "sure thing"... until I realized I hadn't worded the role PM in such a way that they could have a "sure thing". This frustrated me because this was a serious oversight on my part that I hadn't picked up on when creating the setup. It seems so obvious now, and especially when they had such poor luck in their kill attempts. Unlike the scumteam in the previous game, this scumteam couldn't buy a nightkill. I think the results of the last game may have affected me somewhat and led me to not really consider where the scumteams weaknesses were. I was so worried about having to watch another scum blowout that I left out a crucial part of the game.

In any case, I thought the scumteam did pretty darn well all things considered. Pere would get my nod for the MVP because I cannot give it to DCL (replacing out) and fitz didn't really bring much to the table manipulative-wise. Pere's lowkey, under-the-radar play got him far despite catching heat various times over the course of the game.

My pick for town MVP would be Skull even though she had mixed results in her scumhunting. Her and Elyse were both extremely persistent throughout the game. I remember especially Skull's attempt at using the room information toward finding scum. That impressed me even though it ultimately ended up being a dead end. What's more, she did what I thought was the best job at coming across as townie. This is a sometimes overlooked factor that can be of real importance. Especially in a game where no night kills are occurring!

In any case, this game shouldn't have been as long as it was. I definitely take some of the blame for that due to poor planning. I think the town ultimately earned the win though, so at least there's that.

Thanks to all my replacements! Major love to you guys: Snake, Marquis, Elyse, fitz, chkflip, and Ankamius. Replacing in can be a real mixed bag, so I really appreciate that. I hope everyone at least got some memories from this one if nothing else. :]

For those still curious, thezmon was modkilled earlier in the game for talking about this specific game on another website with other scummers. Unfortunately the player that pointed it out to me, Thieving Keyblade, had to be removed as well as a precautionary measure. thezmon made a mistake and was apologetic. I do not hold it against him. He seems like a cool guy and I hope he sticks around the website.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:33 pm

Post by Elyse »

Finally! Lmao
Sorry skull.

If I stuck with my gut and gunned for Pere life would've been so much easier. Still, I have to him props for surviving this long and only getting 1 nightkill from like 12 possible shots.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:04 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

yaye! town won despite our best efforts to help scum!

skull I come from a site where scum do exactly what you did, sorry about the paranoia.
whew!
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:56 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

Hooray! Ice cream cake for everybody!

The two room mechanic saved our butts in the end, I think. If not for so many kills failing, we would have lost a long time ago. I do feel kinda bad for Peregrine and DCLXVI, though. It must have been frustrating to fire so many shots and have almost all of them blocked. I definitely would not have wanted to be Scum this game.

Man, it's even more depressing when you find out that they had the opportunity to submit two kills each night. Although I'm rather proud of my legendary yet misguided 854, I definitely wouldn't have pursued that line of thought if I had known that Scum actually had an incentive to go into different rooms each night.

Kudos to Nacho for identifying and shooting both Scum players too. If those kills had connected, this game would have ended on Day 3 -- which, by my math, would have made the game approximately 300% shorter than it actually was. (Math was never my strong suit.)

Sorry again to Camn. Your mislynch is the only one I really felt bad about. I thought for sure you were DCL's partner.
PeregrineV in the Mafia QT wrote:The back-forth theory of room selection actually has Skull going right on odd nights.
However, on night7, thinking they want to change it up, break the pattern.
So hoping she goes left.
Before the game started, I decided that I was always going to go into the Right room. And that's what I did. Right room, every single night.

It had a foosball table. Loves me some foosball.
In post 1303, RedCoyote wrote:My pick for town MVP would be Skull even though she had mixed results in her scumhunting. Her and Elyse were both extremely persistent throughout the game. I remember especially Skull's attempt at using the room information toward finding scum. That impressed me even though it ultimately ended up being a dead end. What's more, she did what I thought was the best job at coming across as townie. This is a sometimes overlooked factor that can be of real importance. Especially in a game where no night kills are occurring!
Harrumph, sir! I'll have you know that nobody has ever accused me of being good at Mafia before.

Thanks for the compliment, though. I may have been wrong about almost all of my reads, but I do hope y'all appreciate the amount of friggin' effort I put into this game. I really wanted to win this one.

Thanks also for doing such a splendid job moderating. This was a really interesting game, and I'm glad I got to play it.
In post 1304, Elyse wrote:Sorry skull.
Apology accepted. We can be friends now, right?
In post 1305, pirate mollie wrote:skull I come from a site where scum do exactly what you did, sorry about the paranoia.
No worries. I got paranoid about you near the end as well. Elyse and I spent so much time arguing on Day 7 while you and Majiffy just twiddled your thumbs and looked innocent. An idea wiggled its way into my head that you were just biding your time and waiting for me to vote Elyse so that you and Peregrine could hammer her for the win. That's why I flip-flopped and pushed for your lynch despite having you as a Town read for 90% of the game.

But we won anyway, so it's all good.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:59 pm

Post by Elyse »

Of course we can be friends :)
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:42 pm

Post by camn »

In post 1306, Skullduggery wrote:Sorry again to Camn. Your mislynch is the only one I really felt bad about. I thought for sure you were DCL's partner.
It is of course totally fine! If anyone was always rightm this would be a boring game to play.
Besides, you carried out my dying wish.. which led to a win!
In post 1157, camn wrote: Well... my reads are pretty clear, I think.
Peregrine as the last scum? Sure.
Beauty for this hammer alone. Yes.

Keep up the hunting! Punish this suboptimal play!
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:41 pm

Post by N »

666's plan of "you only shoot from this list of townies and I'll shoot in the rest" was a weird one that I don't really understand.

Majiffy's play was weird too, actually.
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:56 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I feel pretty bad that the reason we ended up winning in the end was because I was too time-crunched to really go through and make a decent read through things the last couple of days. I wasn't joking when I said I found a few things indicating Pere-town and I bet I would've been really conflicted had I managed to find the time to really go back and investigate things further.

I'm glad I managed to completely reverse my reads from completely wrong to mostly right by the end, though. It's actually incredibly rare for that to happen; my reads early are almost always better than my reads late.

Also, being able to read Elyse correctly twice in a row makes me feel better.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:07 pm

Post by Ankamius »

One last thing:

Sorry for not putting a whole lot of effort in this game compared to the amount you put into mine, RedCoyote. It was pretty rude to just suddenly vanish for several days at a time from this game almost constantly.
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:48 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

The next time I'm playing a game and someone asks me "2 + 2 = ____" and I try to use the Large Hadron Collider to figure out the answer, I do hope one of you will be there to say "Looks like Skull is 854-ing again." I want that to become a thing.

Also, fun fact: This is the fifteenth game of Mafia I've ever played and only the second time I've ever survived to the end. Every time I play, I am always a night-kill magnet (as evidenced by the fact that Scum tried to kill me
three time
this game). Feels nice to actually live once in a while.

Speaking of which...
In post 1301, RedCoyote wrote:N5
Pere shoots Skull
chkflip: Left
:lol:
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:55 am

Post by Ankamius »

Wait, chkflip and I were in the same room?

We weren't made aware of this...
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:56 am

Post by Ankamius »

Or was that the night I forgot to decide?
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:57 am

Post by PeregrineV »

I messed up and didn't read my role PM closely enough. I thought I was a goon.

I liked DCL's plan to get the two kills, but it seemed neither of us had any luck until he died. Even then, it seemed bad.

Then, I was pretty depressed, gamewise, since I think it was like 6:1 after DCL died, and I still didn't get a kill n5.

Night 6 was sort of luck. I tried to look for room patterns of chkflip because I wanted to get rid of a mason.

If I had used my power I could have made a kill sooner or more strategically instead of ending up at 3:1.

Ah well, still fun.

@RC
- Thanks for modding!!
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:57 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Also Kudos to gambler for calling us the scumteam correctly!!
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:39 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 1311, Ankamius wrote:One last thing:

Sorry for not putting a whole lot of effort in this game compared to the amount you put into mine, RedCoyote. It was pretty rude to just suddenly vanish for several days at a time from this game almost constantly.
It happens, my friend. I've had my share of less-than-stellar showings as well. Thankfully I enjoyed your game so it was a-okay. It seems like forever ago though, lol.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:46 am

Post by PeregrineV »

I actually really did like the mechanic. The possibility of 2 kills a night was cool. The lack of those kills required us to day-play a whole lot better than we would normally have to.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:29 pm

Post by chkflip »

I guess I just don't like Majiffy.

I accept that.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:53 am

Post by camn »

Hey Coyote:
You win if you are the last of two players and the other player has no killing ability. If the other player has a killing ability, the game will be a draw between the two factions.
What if this was the case, 1v1 SK vs. Goon, and the SK still had a Strongarm ability- don't you think the nightkill should play out? Thus, different rooms= SK win.. but same room = death to all OR a draw?
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:06 am

Post by Equinox »

Mine?