Sid Meier's Civilization 5 UPick Mafia (GAME OVER)

Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:25 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 1348, Dunkerdoodles wrote:and why couldn't embargo help us?

you also know there's 2 resolutions to choose from right?
which im assuming are the gold/crab thing and the embargo
Why not have all options out on the table?
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:25 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 1349, brassherald wrote:
In post 1345, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 1342, brassherald wrote:If you disagree with the choices Titus makes today, vote against her resolutions and convince everyone to put someone else in these positions tomorrow.
No, now you're just trying not to take blame if it's wrong. Can you tell me what the harm of advancing and having gold on the discussion is? Why wouldn't we want to advance and why wouldn't we want to have Gold as a discussion for banning?
Tomorrow, if I am around, Gold ban will be suggested. I would rather save that one for night 2, when people would presumably have earned some gold and would be looking to spend it.

I'm not trying to avoid the blame, again, if people feel that I have been wrong, let them not vote me to host tomorrow. Hell, I'll say right now, I think Joey_ or Nero are good hosts. We're going to be held accountable just like any politician.
Fine, but I just disagree with this. It's likely mafia has to use gold for something. And it's likely they will use it N1.
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:27 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Now that's over with, let's all be friends again and lynch Creature.

brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:28 pm

Post by brassherald »

In post 1350, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 1348, Dunkerdoodles wrote:and why couldn't embargo help us?

you also know there's 2 resolutions to choose from right?
which im assuming are the gold/crab thing and the embargo
Why not have all options out on the table?
Fine:
Ban Gold, Ban Crabs, Ban Silk, Embargo City states permanently, Embargo a player, Peacekeeping, Protect natural wonders, protect world wonders, Fund the arts for everyone, fund science for one person.

Those are our choices.

I think we have mentioned each.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:30 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Ban Gold, Ban Crabs, Ban Silk, Peackeeping Brass, Fund Arts for Everyone, Fund Science for Brass.

How is that hard at all.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:30 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

just to clarify something but may not mean anything at all...the gold that's being proposed to be banned is a luxury resource. It makes ppl happy in the game. It is NOT the same as gold that you use to buy shit with. Although, you DO get like +2 to gold (+3 with some building) for each gold resource.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:31 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

How did Embargo come up before any of those after the 3 you chose?
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:31 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 1355, Nero Cain wrote:just to clarify something but may not mean anything at all...the gold that's being proposed to be banned is a luxury resource. It makes ppl happy in the game. It is NOT the same as gold that you use to buy shit with. Although, you DO get like +2 to gold (+3 with some building) for each gold resource.
Yeah, I know. But, I'm thinking more of the lines of the corruption that comes with Gold in the game.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:32 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Why are we not protecting our natural wonders? Am I really the only hippie here?!?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:34 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1357, Kokichi Oma wrote:Yeah, I know. But, I'm thinking more of the lines of the corruption that comes with Gold in the game.
Have you ever played Civ? I don't really think that's a thing. Although, I don't think I've ever really sat down and read a mechanics thing.

brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:34 pm

Post by brassherald »

I don't know that I can use science advancement. Which is why I put fund the arts as my non-ban choice.

Again, my belief is that Banning gold would be more valuable day 2.

And Nero seems to have played Civ V lots more than me because I didn't remember that about gold in there. I have just been using the Civ VI model, which I believe replaced gold with... maybe silver?

P-edit protecting natural wonders is permanent, and if it is not pro-town, I would be concerned with putting a permanent thing in place so early.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:35 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

I've last played Civilization 5, so I figured it was the same. But, maybe not.

https://www.civfanatics.com/civ3/strate ... c-edition/
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:36 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 1358, Nero Cain wrote:Why are we not protecting our natural wonders? Am I really the only hippie here?!?
I'm guessing we don't have one yet?
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:36 pm

Post by brassherald »

The corruption could just be flavor text. You will see when the actual resolutions to vote on come out, I believe.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:37 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

@Mod in terms of science advancement can it be used by anyone or is it more specific than that
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:37 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 1361, Kokichi Oma wrote:I've last played Civilization 5, so I figured it was the same. But, maybe not.

Civilization 3**
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:38 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1361, Kokichi Oma wrote:I've last played Civilization 5, so I figured it was the same. But, maybe not.

That's about Civ 3 not Civ V. :/

Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:39 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

That's what I meant. So corruption isn't a thing at all in Civ 5?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:40 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

pretty sure its not thought there are other Civ players here too that may know more than me.

brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:42 pm

Post by brassherald »

Nope, not in Civ 5, that was my first one and I did not know it was a mechanic ever.

Also not in Civ 6 FWIW.

There may be mods to add it in.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:52 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

@Brass

In post 1358, Nero Cain wrote:Why are we not protecting our natural wonders? Am I really the only hippie here?!?
this was mostly a joke b/c IRL I'd consider myself a bit of an environmentalist.

Based on the list that you gave I'd pick peackeep and fund arts? Like, in the game I'm against the ban of luxuries and embargoing city states. Outguessing the mod is a bit dumb but if I took a stab I'd say that luxuries and wonders give the players bonuses but its prob for all players (both scum and town). Embargo a player I bet is a roleblock.

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:59 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1351, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 1349, brassherald wrote:
In post 1345, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 1342, brassherald wrote:If you disagree with the choices Titus makes today, vote against her resolutions and convince everyone to put someone else in these positions tomorrow.
No, now you're just trying not to take blame if it's wrong. Can you tell me what the harm of advancing and having gold on the discussion is? Why wouldn't we want to advance and why wouldn't we want to have Gold as a discussion for banning?
Tomorrow, if I am around, Gold ban will be suggested. I would rather save that one for night 2, when people would presumably have earned some gold and would be looking to spend it.

I'm not trying to avoid the blame, again, if people feel that I have been wrong, let them not vote me to host tomorrow. Hell, I'll say right now, I think Joey_ or Nero are good hosts. We're going to be held accountable just like any politician.
Fine, but I just disagree with this. It's likely mafia has to use gold for something. And it's likely they will use it N1.
Then we'll know what it is and save ban gold for later. :)
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:02 pm

Post by Joey_ »

In post 1367, Kokichi Oma wrote:That's what I meant. So corruption isn't a thing at all in Civ 5?
Not in civ5, i thought you were softing something about corruption honestly
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:02 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Titus is very likely scum ftr.
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:03 pm

Post by Joey_ »

Funding art could be fun no? It applies to everyone so we cant really screw the town that much

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”