nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:44 am

Post by nomnomnom »

Why not RF?

One of your points is elaborating that you think Eyes' towncase on RF is bad, can't this be done to a scumpartner?
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:56 am

Post by rosterfoster »

Indeed, but the point about the Creature votes is very correct.

I think Eyes was kind of pulling out random people who were town and then found townresd in what RF was saying. I don’t think he’d do that to a partner (I was scum with him once and he was obvbussing is both very hard at one point).
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:59 am

Post by nomnomnom »

VOTE: Eyes

Alright.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:02 am

Post by Nero Cain »

but montosh...
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:04 am

Post by Nero Cain »

my gut thinks eyes isn't scum. His tone seems different to me. Of course, I misread him anyways so my opinion likely doesn't hold much weight but yeah. Also, Montosh is scummy.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:07 am

Post by popsofctown »

Rosterfoster seems like he's probably town due to effort.

I'd assign Jesus the same sign but different magnitude of penalty for his rolefishing, but now that he's claimed vt I guess I'm ok with lynching him for the mechanical reason of not drawing out too many claims/ not lynching town PRS etc. Mods put out some setups that are frustratingly busted in favor of town so if we
don't
stop lynching town PRs we might just win anyway with 1 scum down already.

Montosh seems like he's probably town due to effort but that's weaker than rosterfoster since I know rosterfoster a little bit.

KK seems like he's actively trying to sort slots and I don't always agree with his positions but he seems to be bleeding town. It's to the point that the 1 or 2 people who have tried to scumread him get major neg points from me for "not being able to hear the dog whistle". I actually can't remember who it was. I just read 55 pages. It's hard, someone else do it.

I don't have the anime alt sorted.

orfrhz, nom, RedFlavor, Alchemist are slight towntilts from tone and little things.

I find Eyes pretty scummy this game and have a strong desire to sheep our martyred anime-alt. Post 1364 above seems like good posting and Eyes just in general seems like he knows where some of the places on the map are marked and remembers to pretend not to know only for some of them, and the totally unnuanced nature of the "GOOD SHOT" post kinda underscores that.

Nero Cain feels scummier than I usually see Nero Cain. In particular there was this one post I was too lazy to store in notepad as I went along or whatever where he said the same thing was both probably scummy and probably null and that bothered me as showing some distance between what he thought he ought to believe about something and what he was willing to stake his family name on, as town those two should be the same.

IDK about Vorkuta but his avatar is fun so let's not lynch him for at least a lil.

LuckyOtter was pretty underwhelming early on and people seem to scumread that and it's pretty fair. But LO seems to be picking up. We'll see where that goes. So many people in a large.

IDK if it's scummy but it's antitown how much Deasvail has been chattering at Kublai Khan 1v1. I can't even remember what they were arguing about. Larges are literally the one game type where thread throughput is like really important to win % and neighborhood PTs are a legitimate power role.
Deasvail also wants to lynch my slot if I'm not "impressive". That's... unfortunate. I wanted to replace into this game because after a D1 with LUV and peeking at a couple of his other games, with any role PM he's very useless/low content/posts lots of NAI, then sometimes the lurking is no longer metaphorical and he's getting prodded. /inning to replace him is a lifehack to avoid having to play a game that starts with him or where he might replace in, I have him greylisted now. If you lynch me because LUV slots are antitown and I don't actually get at least 2 game days out of this you will have totally undermined my lifehack by virtue of the very characteristic it is based on!?!?! Then what will I do? I don't know friends.
Unfortunately, I'm not sure I'm going to impress you as much as you hoped. I don't have particularly strong reads so far.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:07 am

Post by nomnomnom »

I don't think I vote montosh today. Not over Jesus, Eyes or RF.
Montosh
Montosh
Goon
Montosh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:10 am

Post by Montosh »

I'm not getting your Eyes case roster. I'll have to re-read it later cause my brain is not working.

Also
UNVOTE:

Because I haven't had a chance to do my Alch ISO yet.
"Villains who twirl their moustaches are easy to spot. Those who clothe themselves in good deeds are well camouflaged." Captain Jean-Luc Picard
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:15 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Prodging. Sorry. Had a fun day at the beach today and have a lengthy dr. appoint tomorrow. If I don't get caught up tonight, then it will be tomorrow night at earliest.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:15 am

Post by Nero Cain »

effort is not always AI. You're being so black and white with your reasoning.

nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:19 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 1384, Nero Cain wrote:effort is not always AI. You're being so black and white with your reasoning.
Still think Roster is scum?
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:20 am

Post by rosterfoster »

Would you want to lynch Pops?

I’m cooling on Montosh town.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:22 am

Post by popsofctown »

VOTE: Eyes
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:22 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1380, popsofctown wrote:In particular there was this one post I was too lazy to store in notepad as I went along or whatever where he said the same thing was both probably scummy and probably null and that bothered me as showing some distance between what he thought he ought to believe about something and what he was willing to stake his family name on, as town those two should be the same.
I'm not entirely sure what this is about but I think the closest was When I said
In post 529, Nero Cain wrote:I'm fence sitting on HWS. He's lurking which is kinda scummy but is prob ultimately null.
lurking is scummy b/c its a good strategy to do as scum but its ultimately null b/c there are town that lurk as well. Why should I have felt this comes from one alignment instead of the other?

Also counterpoint: town are more likely to be wishy-washy and indecisive b/c they don't know others alignments as where scum are the ones that can make a "decision" since their play is agenda driven.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:23 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1386, rosterfoster wrote:Would you want to lynch Pops?
I'd be ok with it.
In post 1386, rosterfoster wrote:I’m cooling on Montosh town.
y?

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:25 am

Post by popsofctown »

It's just slightly scummier diction than "He's lurking which is slightly scummy".

I find you very hard to read so I have to take what I can get
"Well, I..."
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:28 am

Post by rosterfoster »

In post 1389, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1386, rosterfoster wrote:Would you want to lynch Pops?
I'd be ok with it.
In post 1386, rosterfoster wrote:I’m cooling on Montosh town.
y?
My initial townread was a long time ago. I’ve not felt townvibes since.

I prefer eyes very much.

From what game is Eyes’ tone different?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:29 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1390, popsofctown wrote:It's just slightly scummier diction than "He's lurking which is slightly scummy".
but if I left it at that you'd call me out on fence sitting so dammed if I do dammed if I don't?

what did you think of my explanation though?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:35 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:41 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

Vote Count 2.2Jesus Louisus(4)RedFlavor,Eyes without a face,ofrhz,Kublai Khan,

EvilDeanius
Eyes without a face(4)rosterfoster,Jesus Louisus,nomnomnom,popsofctown,

Not Voting(2)Vorkuta,Montosh,

Vorkuta(2)Kirari Momobami,DeasVail,

rosterfoster(1)Alchemist21,

RedFlavor(1)LuckyOtter,

Montosh(1)Nero Cain,

Alchemist21(0)

LuckyOtter(0)

HeWhoSwims
nomnomnom(0)

Nero Cain(0)

Saudade
Lil Uzi Vert
popsofctown(0)

ofrhz(0)

BodhiSmith13
DeasVail(0)

Kublai Khan(0)

Kirari Momobami(0)

No Lynch(0)

With 15 alive it is 8 to lynch.

Day 2 ends in (expired on 2019-07-07 10:50:00) or when a lynch has been achieved.
Last edited by Not Known 15 on Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:44 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1392, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1390, popsofctown wrote:It's just slightly scummier diction than "He's lurking which is slightly scummy".
but if I left it at that you'd call me out on fence sitting so dammed if I do dammed if I don't?

what did you think of my explanation though?
It was pretty reasonable and dropped me to even fewer reads in this game QQ

I really don't attack slots for fencesitting. I think it takes a special context for that to be a scumtell and can't remember the last time I did that as either alignment
"Well, I..."
Eyes without a face
Eyes without a face
Goon
Eyes without a face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:11 pm

Post by Eyes without a face »

In post 1345, rosterfoster wrote:
In post 1243, rosterfoster wrote:
In post 1226, Eyes without a face wrote:
In post 1212, LuckyOtter wrote:
In post 1150, Eyes without a face wrote:Both RedFlavor and Vorkuta have been early on the Creature wagon and not on Niko, so I don't think they're scum with Creature.
If there's scum on the Creature wagon, wouldn't they be more likely to be earlier on it? Red and vork were votes 2 and 3, not putting creature in any real danger. The second wave was Kop(Niko), Nero, Roster, Jesus. I just don't see scum doing that when Creature is not even obviously the lynch.

Now, Roster immediately unvotes, as does Red after Alchemist joins. So I'm still good with Red as scum here. Roster is unclear. I'm good with Alchemist and Nero as town, and leaning town on Jesus.
Scum Creature does not respond well to pressure, so I don't think his partners would start a wagon on him unless it was meant to be a full bus (i.e. they won't unvote when it grows because that's exactly what would happen if you start a wagon on scum Creature). So, scum were probably forced to join the wagon later on for town credit in case it did go through. Why would scum try to bus a commuter anyway? Creature was supposed to live for 4 days and 4 nights if he had tried to play the game.

I'd agree with you if Creature was a goon or if it was someone else.. someone who could actually argue against their own lynch and appear a little bit more townie. That way the scum voting early are successfully distancing but not actually bus'ing.
I feel like this comes from someone with too much info
Here
If you really believed in your case then you would have followed my 'info'. The fact that you are dismissing what I say doesn't go with you claiming this to be 'too much info'. You can't have your cake and eat it too, pal. Which is it? Am BS'ing or am I slipping too much info?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:11 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I’ll take a look at Eyes tonight
Eyes without a face
Eyes without a face
Goon
Eyes without a face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:25 pm

In post 1349, rosterfoster wrote:Btw Jesus I don’t think Nom is scum. The points they are making are different to Eyes, who is using the whole ‘everyone must act completely logically at all times’ approach.
I didn't say that. I made my case on JL starting 1150 through 1157 (minus 1 post where I mentioned Creature voting RF makes him more likely town).

I even actually unvoted JL in 1325 because I felt like he was emotionally disturbed at being pushed, so I figured he may actually be town, but then he went on to vote everyone he could and it pinged me even harder, because -as town- I would be focused on one particular player that I would be most confident in them being scum.

Note that he said later to lynch from his wagon. Well I don't see Montosh voting him. In fact, I've just checked and he never voted JL the whole game. How's that for hot garbage spewed by our beloved JL?

In fact, if JL flips green I'd say you sir are confirmed scum for knowing this was a townie despite his play.
Eyes without a face
Eyes without a face
Goon
Eyes without a face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:27 pm

In post 1359, nomnomnom wrote:One of my problems is that I also have reasons to be careful about Eyes but Jesus is just scummier overall.
Then why don't you engage me about them reasons? I kind of reached out for you already and you didn't engage.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”