Calendar Mafia - The End of Time (Game Over)

RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:52 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Disagree on xtoxms day 1 play, I thought it was fine despite having a poor read on me.

Snap dayvigging on d2 start without giving anyone a chance to talk about anything is unquestionably scummy. How can you even make that argument?
I Will Be Nice
I Will Be Nice
Townie
I Will Be Nice
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:02 am

Post by I Will Be Nice »

Hi I'm scum
someone is openly planning to shoot me:
instead of me getting shot, I get to shoot whoever I want in the entire playerlist before they can do so.

I really don't think there are that many protown outcomes that involve planning and discussing a shot while everyone has a shot.

Also, I'm willing to argue with you over my incorrect read on xtoxm if you really want to, but I really don't think it's the best use of time/effort.
I will say that if that dayvig situation hadn't happened, xtoxm was dying regardless and I really don't think you're going to convince me that my read sucked via "his play was fine".
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:11 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1401, I Will Be Nice wrote:I really don't think there are that many protown outcomes that involve planning and discussing a shot while everyone has a shot
This is not really what I mean.

So let's take one of the recent nights deaths, Papa Zito. Let's pretend he flipped investigative. Well night 1 he could have used his ability and gotten a hard guilty for instance. Maybe he watched one of the night 1 nk targets, etc, etc. Then died n2 without giving town that info in the day because d2 lasted 5 minutes. Maybe he makes it to the thread in time for twilight, maybe he doesn't.

Even if Lord is town and made that shot, it's really selfish play and isn't a player I would feel comfortable with having to put the game in their hands.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:13 am

Post by RCEnigma »

I mean we could discuss the xtoxm read, but I think it boils down to a weak observation that turned into omgus. Arguing that he was definitely the best shot because of that is again selfish play.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:14 am

Post by RCEnigma »

So, Karnage I've shot you. So if you're town I'm dead and if you're scum you're dead.
I Will Be Nice
I Will Be Nice
Townie
I Will Be Nice
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:16 am

Post by I Will Be Nice »

If xtoxm had been scum here, he would have for sure entered thread with a shot on me. I understand that it's easy to say in hindsight that it would have been optimal to wait, but I really don't think I would have been processing the gamestate with the assumption that everyone else was going to be operating with that same mindset.

And I think given this playerlist it would have been a miracle if that day had made it to 24 hours to allow everyone to claim before someone made a shot.
Karnage
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:18 am

Post by Karnage »

In post 1404, RCEnigma wrote:So, Karnage I've shot you. So if you're town I'm dead and if you're scum you're dead.
enjoy the dead thread
GTKAS - Karnage
Indefinite V/LA
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:20 am

Post by RCEnigma »

So you think scum would have quickvigged...but scumreading Lord for quickvigging is bad.

Fair point about the playerlist but we both know there are players it would be nai for, like FB who would do it just because.

I don't know Lord, or anyone in the hydra. So by default I'd treat scummy behavior as scum driven.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:21 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1406, Karnage wrote:
In post 1404, RCEnigma wrote:So, Karnage I've shot you. So if you're town I'm dead and if you're scum you're dead.
enjoy the dead thread
Thank god, I was hoping to get out of the game.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:23 am

Post by RCEnigma »

I had a Poe for today depending on Lord's alignment but that was when I was going to shoot there. Unfortunately I needed my target to post in order to Desperado them so, ya.

Umm if Lord flips scum, creature has slight partner equity...don't remember why I'd have to look back at day start.
I Will Be Nice
I Will Be Nice
Townie
I Will Be Nice
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:28 am

Post by I Will Be Nice »

In post 1407, RCEnigma wrote:So you think scum would have quickvigged...but scumreading Lord for quickvigging is bad.
I think scum that thinks they're going to be shot is incentivized to shoot immediately. If The Lord is scum then what were the odds that they personally were getting shot out of the gate there? The Lord shooting there is maybe a selfish thing or maybe even scum trying to take advantage of people's reads hoping that they'll excuse it, but there's maybe the potential element of preventing scum from taking a shot first. But idk I feel like I'm more defending my own hypothetical mindset than the Lord's potential mindset and it's kind of hard to know what they were thinking when they've been being generally unclear with their thought process.
TheWizard
TheWizard
Goon
TheWizard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:33 am

Post by TheWizard »

Quickvigging was the tactically correct choice for the first poster regardless of alignment. It was the choice of quickvig, not the quickvig itself, that was scummy.

Looks like I was right about Desperado being an idiot. Hopefully he hit mafia by pure blind luck. Anyway, can we get around to lynching the confirmed scum?
TheWizard
TheWizard
Goon
TheWizard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:34 am

Post by TheWizard »

@RCE did the mod ever clarify whether your target lives if they're town, or if you both die?
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:38 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1411, TheWizard wrote:Quickvigging was the tactically correct choice for the first poster regardless of alignment. It was the choice of quickvig, not the quickvig itself, that was scummy.

Looks like I was right about Desperado being an idiot. Hopefully he hit mafia by pure blind luck. Anyway, can we get around to lynching the confirmed scum?
Hard disagree. The only thing that redeems town quickvigging is that there is actually a chance to hit scum. But I'm still going to argue that it's more of a detriment to town.

Nice I'll agree scum at risk of being shot is somewhat incentivized. Scum isn't really incentivized to shoot otherwise since the action is already inherently scummy and town should have used that but whatever. What's done is done.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:38 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1411, TheWizard wrote:Quickvigging was the tactically correct choice for the first poster regardless of alignment. It was the choice of quickvig, not the quickvig itself, that was scummy.

I'll be blunt, I don't think you're the sharpest tool in the shed.
I Will Be Nice
I Will Be Nice
Townie
I Will Be Nice
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:43 am

Post by I Will Be Nice »

At this point I hope Chemist makes it to endgame, is actually scum and wins because everyone was so unconvinced by TheWizard.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:44 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Get out of my head lol.
Karnage
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:46 am

Post by Karnage »

In post 1410, I Will Be Nice wrote:
In post 1407, RCEnigma wrote:So you think scum would have quickvigged...but scumreading Lord for quickvigging is bad.
I think scum that thinks they're going to be shot is incentivized to shoot immediately. If The Lord is scum then what were the odds that they personally were getting shot out of the gate there? The Lord shooting there is maybe a selfish thing or maybe even scum trying to take advantage of people's reads hoping that they'll excuse it, but there's maybe the potential element of preventing scum from taking a shot first. But idk I feel like I'm more defending my own hypothetical mindset than the Lord's potential mindset and it's kind of hard to know what they were thinking when they've been being generally unclear with their thought process.
WIFOM

if you take that shot you gotta hit scum
GTKAS - Karnage
Indefinite V/LA
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:48 am

Post by RCEnigma »

I'm also rooting for a wizard + chemist scum team. Which is plausible considering wizard claimed roleblocker and hasn't block Chemist once.
I Will Be Nice
I Will Be Nice
Townie
I Will Be Nice
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:48 am

Post by I Will Be Nice »

Well then I guess lucky me I wasn't here to take the shot then.

Please flip scum btw.

p-edit: Lol. Are you actually being serious?
I Will Be Nice
I Will Be Nice
Townie
I Will Be Nice
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:49 am

Post by I Will Be Nice »

Oh you're not being serious, I'm dumb.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:49 am

Post by RCEnigma »

I want it to be true very very badly.
I Will Be Nice
I Will Be Nice
Townie
I Will Be Nice
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:52 am

Post by I Will Be Nice »

Maybe it's a Karnage/TW/Chemist scumteam and you're doomed to remain and try to decipher the truth for the rest of the game.
I Will Be Nice
I Will Be Nice
Townie
I Will Be Nice
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:52 am

Post by I Will Be Nice »

Also inb4 all of this desperado stuff was just a reaction test of epic proportions
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:55 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Lol nah I never reaction test ever.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”