/in-vitational 7 - Save Cow's Mind! (after 1014)

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:23 am

Post by Ythill »

SFG wrote:apparently Ythill sucks at reading me
Which is why I came around to a solid town read on you by midway through D2, right? LOL.
SFG wrote:NO WAY OF KNOWING that this was NOT NECESSARILY THE CASE
You could have read any number of topics in MD or any number of previous games on this site. You could have run a search for "miller" and done some role research. Once you claimed, you could have asked the advice of your fellow players. More importantly, you could have expressed your opinion in any number of appropriate places, including in specific discussions where it has come up in the recent past. Or you could have waited and then expressed the opinion in a way that doesn't insult someone.

What you did was react to a mistake
that you made
by blaming someone else in a way that insulted him. Ad nauseum. Via public appeal, ridiculous strawmen, ego masturbation, false altruism, caps lock rage, and unfounded accusations. All in spite of dozens of people telling you that you are wrong. If you're going to choose to act like that and insist on having a problem with me pointing out that you are doing so, then maybe you should GTFO.

This is the second thread I have participated in that you have reduced to childish drama over nothing and, frankly, I'm getting tired of it.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:37 pm

Post by SFG »

Ythill wrote:
SFG wrote:NO WAY OF KNOWING that this was NOT NECESSARILY THE CASE
[1] You could have read any number of topics in MD or any number of previous games on this site. You could have run a search for "miller" and done some role research. [2] Once you claimed, you could have asked the advice of your fellow players. [3] More importantly, you could have expressed your opinion in any number of appropriate places, including in specific discussions where it has come up in the recent past. [4] Or you could have waited and then expressed the opinion in a way that doesn't insult someone.

[5] What you did was react to a mistake
that you made
by blaming someone else [6] in a way that insulted him. Ad nauseum. [7] Via public appeal, ridiculous strawmen, ego masturbation, false altruism, caps lock rage, and unfounded accusations. [8] All in spite of dozens of people telling you that you are wrong.
[9] This is the second thread I have participated in that you have reduced to childish drama over nothing and, frankly, I'm getting tired of it.
You're right.
The textwaller of d00m
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:37 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:27 pm

Post by Ythill »

Also...

Hugs!
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:25 pm

Post by Faraday »

HUGS. Look forward to playing with you all again, at first I was slightly annoyed I was scum, but then quickly realised how much I prefer being scum as much as possible <3

Look forward to
nightkilling
playing with you all in the future.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:10 am

Post by Ythill »

Yeah I enjoyed playing with you, Far.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:38 am

Post by SFG »

no hugs for you from the fail train.
The textwaller of d00m
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:41 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

Heh, I'm honored by the esteem I got in your QT ^-^;

Admittedly I don't feel very deserving of it, but hey, whatever works I guess :P.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:46 am

Post by Ythill »

One tanker of ooops does not a fail train make. Hug mug.

Scum QT was a good read. You had a few misreads but overall you played a very good game and certainly deserved the win. I'm going to go ahead and admit that my exuberant town read on UK was exaggerated a bit as a method of self-preservation. Sorry UK.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:26 am

Post by TheLonging »

Remember when I called Faraday scum

???
Show
Town:
0-1 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Scum:
0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
3rd Party:
Overall: 0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)

Thestatusquo - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was trolling.
cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:43 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

KittyMo wrote:before I read the endgame I`m calling haylen/faraday/reck scumteam. reck over dram because reck never promised dram
I really thought he was going to notice that fairly quickly. >>;
green shirt thursdays
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:17 am

Post by SFG »

Oman wrote:You're inherently flawed....

Furthermore, if you do not wish to play my games, because you suspect me to be acting against the interests of my players, I request that you do not.
Phate wrote:Until you are capable of playing a mafia game without the enormous amount of emotional investment you place in them, your games will continue to be plagued by a feedback loop of poor play, drama, and stress.
The Fonz wrote:at best you're not cut out for closed games, and at worst you're a gigantic asshat
Ythill wrote:If you're going to choose to act like that and insist on having a problem with me pointing out that you are doing so, then maybe you should GTFO.
Nikanor wrote:Ohhhh man. I both can and cannot believe that town did so poorly on the last day. I mean, with all the competent townies gone after Ythill's death I knew we'd be in for a rough ride and probably a loss, but I wasn't expecting anything this bad.

SFG: Unless mafia is your life (and I'm pretty sure that for you it is not), you should not be letting your emotions come into play this much in a game. If you can't control your emotions more than this, then long-term forum mafia is not the game for you.
Thor wrote:So between that and Seacore's and SFG's reads (hey, she had to be right sooner or later)
Seacore wrote:In retrospect, I realise that I actually didn't expect SFG to flip scum when I voted for her. I think it was just a "if she IS scum, I don't want her to win"
xReckonerx wrote:Unless SFG has been cleared, I'm gonna put some money on SFGscum. Or just really bad town.
^ especially ironic coming from what I consider to be my best game.

and last but not least: less confusing
[16:30] <Nikanor> You still failed hard.

I think that counts as a little more than one tanker of oops and I learned from my last internet home that hanging around a group of people who have nothing but contempt for you isn't worthwhile, so I'm going to go find another home now hopefully. I can read the writing on the wall.
The textwaller of d00m
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:18 am

Post by SFG »

EBWOP: ignore the c-v fail please.
The textwaller of d00m
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:19 am

Post by Haylen »

I don't want you to leave, I love you. ._.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:52 am

Post by Ythill »

After freaking out, running away is the next step in the emotional cycle that prevents you from growing. And I say that with love. But of course you're free to do whatever you like.

@Reck:
Heh. I missed that.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:13 am

Post by TheLonging »

my fav part was how Ythill ignored Faraday's obvious buddying scumtell and thought the reverse would clear them both when it didn't. I honestly thought he'd be scum at one point :U
Show
Town:
0-1 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Scum:
3rd Party:
Overall: 0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)

Thestatusquo - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was trolling.
cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:10 pm

Post by SFG »

Ythill, after Open 209 I decided to give mafia on this website one last try. This was that last try and convinced me more than anything else that I should leave. (In case you didn't notice, many of those quotes came from games earlier than this one.) Last time I checked, that did not count as running away.

Seriously though, how can you yell at me for defending myself, then turn around a breath later and offer me hugs, then tell me "you are incapable of growing much love"? I don't even know what to make of what you're telling me anymore because it adds up to a bunch of arrows pointing in different and frequently opposite directions.
The textwaller of d00m
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:45 pm

Post by Ythill »

@TL:
That was on purpose. If people want to buddy up with me in the early game, I'm fine with it and I'll even give them a D1 pass for it. As demonstrated by my D2 play, it doesn't make someone immune to my scumreads but, if that person happens to be scum, it slightly increases my chance of living through the night.

@SFG:
Take it however you want, but my criticism of your specific behavior has absolutely nothing to do with my overall view of you. I didn't say you're incapable of growing. Actually, I implied the opposite, meaning that I think sticking around will do you some good. This place has thickened my skin considerably, sharpened my mind, and made me a better person overall, and I don't think that was a fluke. All those arrows I posted are pointing in the same direction; read what I wrote with your head instead of your heart.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:36 pm

Post by SFG »

If my skin hasn't been thickened by my previous home or the home before that, I sincerely doubt that MS will do anything to help. I doubt my mind will be sharpened because I get emotionally committed to my home (MS) and, when I'm extremely stressed about something I'm emotionally committed to, my ability to think gets effectively disabled. As for making me a better person overall, I don't really see what you're getting at here at all.
The textwaller of d00m
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:26 pm

Post by Faraday »

TheLonging wrote:my fav part was how Ythill ignored Faraday's obvious buddying scumtell and thought the reverse would clear them both when it didn't. I honestly thought he'd be scum at one point :U
I didn't lie about that, I do buddy as town just as much so ;D
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:09 pm

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”