inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:22 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Ack! I am ashamed of my attendance. :oops:

Cam, I would've firmly believed you had you done the investigation on your own. Your apparent suspicion of Pooky from Day One would've logically led to an investigation of him the following night, if you were an information gatherer.

However, since you received this information from someone else, I find it highly likely to be tempered with. Or, once again, it could be that the sender trusted you enough to reveal this information because of your distrust of Pooky.

Which leads me back to square one. . . Bleh.

I'll need to think on this tonight. I MAY have a vote tomorrow.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:55 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

unvote mathcam

vote silgado

If you didn't receive the information from your role, then I'm not going to vote you for it since it could've been a Mafia manipulation of their role abilities, I've played in more than one game where Mafia had the ability to send messages during the day to any target they wished.

The message is inconsistent with a message a actual cop with investigative abilities/message sending abilities would send because of it's timing, why would he wait until so long after the day started to send such a message?
IMO it's a scum message that came because they began to get unnerved by the slowdown

Though Silgado smells more and more like a serial killer every day
I don't know anything about what the houses are in Morrowind, I'm not very familiar with the game the host included nothing in my PM about which house I belong to.

I also have no idea what my character's views regarding world domination are since it was not revealed to me in my PM,

However logically that would sound pretty nice :), though a pretty scummy thing to be.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:03 pm

nm on most of the post above,
I just re-read mathcam's post and I realized the message arrived in the night,
Which means the role is either a Investigative one who can send messages, or a mafia who can send messages at night.

I have never seen a cop role that can send messages at night, however I have seen a Mafia role that can send messages at night,

Has any1 else ever had a game with a cop that could send night messages?'

And secondly

If a cop did send the message, how would he know that Cam wasn't scum to begin with?

And when the day started going by without Cam coming out and using the information, wouldn't the cop then come out to finger me and cam as mafia?

We've had a cop killed already, he certainly had no message sending abilities right?

and we have 5 dead people, of whom have no message sending abilities right?

PLUS we have already 2 dead investigative roles,

Just how many of these do you guys believe MGIA put in a 12 player game?

2 Mafia and 3 Investigators?
Basically this all doesn't add up!
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:30 pm

Sorry for the triple post but I had one of those big revelation things....

I'm 90% positive right now that Mathcam is scum,

He basically saw the town inactivity, decided he might as well go for the lepton gambit since there wasn't any other action, he figured he'd get away with it and get the lynch and end up with a very probable mafia win by day 3 or 4 since his partner is probably lurking.

When I made my post against him he realized 2 things,

1) The timing of his post suggested lepton gambit
2) that TWO investigative roles were already dead(in a game with probably 2 mafia)

This made it HIGHLY unlikely that his lepton gambit would succeed since a 3rd investigative role would be improbable, so he tries to back out of it by claiming that he was not the original investigator and puts that job to some shadowy fellow in the distance.

This is probably what happened because
1) I find it unlikely that there would be night messaging for the mafia and because we are probably out of investigators.
2) If mathcam was protown he wouldn't try to claim that he wasn't the original investigator because he would want to draw fire for whoever is actually doing the investigating(if he genuinely exists)

Basically cam decided that an ambivalent and passive town setting that is moving very close to a mafia victory would be a perfect time to lepton gambit someone that he was setting it up for in Day 1, but he failed to take into account the fact that we've already revealed 2 dead investigators, making his 3rd investigative role doubtful,

Thus he tries to make it look like he didn't actually do the investigating himself,
(A VERY shady move for any cop, or information receiver since it makes him scot free after he gets the doctor lynched)

unvote silgado

vote Mathcam

BTW I was just fishing for a reaction with the silgado move, I have no reason to believe he is the serial killer.

Though I am VERY happy with my mathcam vote now :wink:
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:38 pm

Sorry for the triple post but I had one of those big revelation things....

I'm 90% positive right now that Mathcam is scum,

He basically saw the town inactivity, decided he might as well go for the lepton gambit since there wasn't any other action, he figured he'd get away with it and get the lynch and end up with a very probable mafia win by day 3 or 4 since his partner is probably lurking.

When I made my post against him he realized 2 things,

1) The timing of his post suggested lepton gambit
2) that TWO investigative roles were already dead(in a game with probably 2 mafia)

This made it HIGHLY unlikely that his lepton gambit would succeed since a 3rd investigative role would be improbable, so he tries to back out of it by claiming that he was not the original investigator and puts that job to some shadowy fellow in the distance.

This is probably what happened because
1) I find it unlikely that there would be night messaging for the mafia and because we are probably out of investigators.
2) If mathcam was protown he wouldn't try to claim that he wasn't the original investigator because he would want to draw fire for whoever is actually doing the investigating(if he genuinely exists)

Basically cam decided that an ambivalent and passive town setting that is moving very close to a mafia victory would be a perfect time to lepton gambit someone that he was setting it up for in Day 1, but he failed to take into account the fact that we've already revealed 2 dead investigators, making his 3rd investigative role doubtful,

Thus he tries to make it look like he didn't actually do the investigating himself,
(A VERY shady move for any cop, or information receiver since it makes him scot free after he gets the doctor lynched)

unvote silgado

vote Mathcam

BTW I was just fishing for a reaction with the silgado move, I have no reason to believe he is the serial killer.

Though I am VERY happy with my mathcam vote now :wink:
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:56 am

Post by mathcam »

Lepton's gambit is a bad idea. Yeah, so maybe I can get a free lynch off, but pretty soon you guys would figure out that there was no information-sender out there and you'd lynch me. It's not good for the mafia to do one-for-one tradeoffs.

I think your scumminess is clear, so I'm going to ignore most of the rest of what you posted unless the rest of the town deems it necessary to pursue.

Pooky is scum.

Cam
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:00 am

A 3rd information role in a 12 player 2 mafia setup is incredibly unlikely

The information you have about me is either a something you have made up or a message sent by the mafia.

The very fact you went on this information without question and then drastically altered it's origin makes you very suscipicious and probably mafia.

Sorry cam, you messed up, Lepton Gambit doesn't work with 2 info roles dead.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
silgado106
silgado106
Someone stop me please
silgado106
Someone stop me please
Someone stop me please

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:03 am

Post by silgado106 »

Pooky, you seem to make too many assumptions about the setup. Each mod is different. How do you know MGIA didn't make a townie with a one-shot cop ability to send to someone else? It could be anything like this really.
And also, Mathcam never altered its origin, all he ever said was that he was sent information about you.

I still don't know if this information is reliable though, it
could
very well be from the mafia as well.
[size=75](( o-<-< )) Me in a nutshell.... :) Check this [url=http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=9316851]For a referral for me[/url] and [url=http://freeipod.iguano.com/]this for a step by step for a free iPod[/url][/size]
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:24 am

2 info roles are gone already

for there to be another random townie with a one shot ability to investigate and to send messages is unlikely.

I got the vibe off mathcam's first post that he was saying he investigated me himself and that he got incriminating information, though I can see how he kept the option of claiming the information was sent to him from an outside source open.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:30 am

oh and cam,

it's not straight 1 for 1 because after I die, you are going to argue very hard that since you didn't do the actual investigating yourself and it was sent to you from an outside source whom you do not know the identity of, that you are being set up and what not...

Trusting a unreliable mysterious source when there are already 2 information roles gone is an incredibly bad move, it is much more likely that the message came from the mafia than from some townie cop/message sender,

as a result I see you making this move as incredibly foolish, something completely out of character for an experienced pro such as yourself, meaning you are scum. :mrgreen:
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:12 am

Post by mathcam »

Ooh, scummy
and
smarmy!

We don't know what the thief role did, nor do we know whether or not our dead cop was sane, so the too-much-information argument just doesn't hold any water.

And you're right, doing a Lepton's gambit with 2 potentially investigative roles already dead would be dumb. That's why I wouldn't do it.

Cam
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:38 am

hah nice Cam

you managed to take my comment about how it would be ridiculously foolish to believe information coming from a mysterious source with 2 protown info sources dead in a 12 player 2 mafia game, and apply it to mean that you wouldn't pretend to be the 3rd cop as a result,

Beautiful dodge of my questioning of why you would believe such information by using the basis for my questioning to say that you wouldn't do a lepton gambit to begin with! Completely refusing to give a reason why you would give such a validity to your mysterious information and trying to skip over that point by pointing at why lepton would be wrong at this point to do. Bravo! Bravo!
We don't know what the thief role did, nor do we know whether or not our dead cop was sane, so the too-much-information argument just doesn't hold any water.
Oh yea? Give me one other plausible thing a burglar would do in Morrowind.
There are 7 people left,
2 Scum, 1 SK, and 4 Protown, we haven't seen any roleblockers or doctors or townies die yet and you believe we'd have a 3rd Info Role in these 4 more people?
I'll call your bullshit on that.
The info roles are dead, there's no reason for whoever sent you that information not to come out and vouch for it because this is a crucial hit or die lynch for the town and without any doctor death yet, we can certainly provide the doctor protection for the cop.

If he doesn't come out, we can lynch you and get your lepton gambiting scum butt.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
silgado106
silgado106
Someone stop me please
silgado106
Someone stop me please
Someone stop me please

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:54 am

Post by silgado106 »

I do have to agree that if the person that sent the message was townie, they would have most likely come out already at this point.
[size=75](( o-<-< )) Me in a nutshell.... :) Check this [url=http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=9316851]For a referral for me[/url] and [url=http://freeipod.iguano.com/]this for a step by step for a free iPod[/url][/size]
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:59 am

Post by mathcam »

What? Why? Why let a dying scum out our last information role before he dies? Scum is
winning
this game right now, and the last thing we need is to handicap our last chance at really nailing them.

My information is not mysterious, and it's not random either. It's not like I just got a "guilty" result, and blindly chose to follow it. I got specific information about Pooky which his claim failed to mesh with. Plus I've already mentioned that, simply by the tone of MGIA's PM to me, I'm very confident that I'm not being lied to.

And on top of all this is how scummy his role claim was.

Either you realize Pooky's scum, or you think that I'm scum. Either way, make up your mind and vote, and don't make our last pseudo-cop reveal him/herself.

Cam
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:32 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

Vote: Pooky

I agree with most that Mathcam said, and I think he's not daring/stupid enough to try something like this as scum.......
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Hell if I gnome

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:41 am

Post by Mr_Gnome_It_All »

Vote Count:

2 - PookyTheMagicalBear (mathcam, Flying Dutchman)
1 - mathcam (PookyTheMagicalBear)

4 - Not voting (Internet Stranger, silgado106, inHimshallibe, Fishbulb)

4 to lynch
Who the hell is "General Failure", and why is he reading my hard drive?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:03 am

why's that cam? because he doesn't exist?

Since we haven't lost a single Doctor or roleblocker yet, what's the danger in letting the cop reveal himself?

Unless you believe we have 3 probable info roles and no doctor?

This is not about outting the cop, this is about missing a very critical lynch and letting the scum get bya crucial day. How does the tone of MGIA's PM to you convinces you that our 3rd info role is a Cop that can send annomous messages to targets at night? Do you believe the tone of said message if it were from the mafia would be any different?

The claim I posted does not fit with the information you received? How exactly did you expect someone out for world domination to be pro town? What sort of role description would be protown and be interested in world domination!?!? No good guy roleclaim could've meshed with that information you were given!

This is the endgame cam, the cop should come out now because this is where he will matter, there is no doubt that he will have doctor protection if he does come out.

The only reason I can see for him not to have posted by now is that he does not exist period.

We have 4 pro town roles, in which contain all of our doctors/roleblockers/townies.

I highly doubt we will find another information role, you are just plain lying at this point about this PM you got.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:04 pm

Post by Fishbulb »

A few comments:

Pooky, if you were fishing for a reaction with the silgado vote, then why change it 30 minutes later?

mathcam, I can't imagine how you are so
sure
about the information you received. I've tried figuring out what it could say to convince you, but unless you did the investigating yourself, I can't see it. At this point, I believe
you
, just not so sure about the "messenger." I do see your point about the way Pooky is acting, so maybe this is all a moot point, anyway.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:02 pm

Post by mathcam »

I'm not sure how well I can explain it. The PM is phrased as me overhearing what Pooky is saying, and that he continually talks about conquering the world, etc. It seemed to leave very little wiggle room for this to be fake information.

Also note that Pooky has never attacked the note-sender...at least as far I as I recall, he never even offered the possibility that scum had sent me a note. His only defense was that I must be scum. I feel like a townie would be considerably more open to any other explanations.

Also,
FOS: IS
for jumping all over any bandwagon he could get his hands on, except the one where we have actual information. A co-scum, perhaps?

Cam
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:09 pm

Post by Fishbulb »

mathcam wrote:Also note that Pooky has never attacked the note-sender...at least as far I as I recall, he never even offered the possibility that scum had sent me a note. His only defense was that I must be scum. I feel like a townie would be considerably more open to any other explanations.
Yeah, I meant to address that in the last post. He has mentioned it in passing, but in the end says that
you
are the scum, which I don't buy. And that's my main reason for voting him.

I will wait for the rest chime in on this, but it will take a lot to change my mind.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:28 pm

Post by mathcam »

I don't think you
are
voting for him...

Cam
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:47 pm

Post by Fishbulb »

I wrote:I will wait for the rest chime in on this
Guess I shoulda made it clearer. I don't want to put him one away from a lynch until every has had a chance to speak up.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:58 pm

If you didn't receive the information from your role, then I'm not going to vote you for it since it could've been a Mafia manipulation of their role abilities, I've played in more than one game where Mafia had the ability to send messages during the day to any target they wished.

The message is inconsistent with a message a actual cop with investigative abilities/message sending abilities would send because of it's timing, why would he wait until so long after the day started to send such a message?
IMO it's a scum message that came because they began to get unnerved by the slowdown
just re-read mathcam's post and I realized the message arrived in the night,
Which means the role is either a Investigative one who can send messages, or a mafia who can send messages at night.

I have never seen a cop role that can send messages at night, however I have seen a Mafia role that can send messages at night,

Has any1 else ever had a game with a cop that could send night messages?'

if you read my posts, you will see that I do mention that this is possiblity, what do you expect to do beyond that? type in vote informationsendeR? How do we go after the invisible information sender?

in my opinion, usually when someone claims to get information from elsewhere and using it to push for an endgame lynch, they are lying.

Ok let me get this straight

You claim you have a NOTE from another source

Yet you claim to have OVERHEARD me yourself.

So you basically claim that you get a NOTE telling you what you have overheard?

Do you write notes to yourself? Or do you forget what you overhear?
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:00 pm

I changed my silgado vote because I changed my mind as regarding Cam's scumminess,
when I made my first post I believed he was just a townie manipulated by a mafia message,

Now I believe he is scum who's managed to get caught up in his own lies.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:13 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Hmmm. . . what if Pooky's the note sender?
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”